God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:55:06
Link | Citer | R

as it stands it costs more to keep somebody on death row than it does in solitary, yes the costs of death row are insane, and yes it would be cheaper to kill them, but they have the right to due process, and apparently appealing is part of that right, that isn't going to change no matter how much some people would like to pull the trigger themselves.

We have no need for such a system anymore, plus the costs on the system to appeal and keep hearing the cases about the death penalty, to get rid of them would reduce an insane amount of public cost, just by throwing them in jail and chucking the key.

However it bring to mind that if they do remove the death penalty it would reduce the amount of things people could plea bargain with, as to whether or not that's a good thing, meh.

I find that the cons of such a practice far outweigh the pros, especially since half the "pros" are pretty *** twisted.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
as to the labor thing; you just came up with a supplement to my "utopia" idea, we use prison labor to take place of the necessary labor, brilliant.
Use prisoners to do road construction for instance. Would save some money there.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Eh like I said I'm on the fence about the dealt penalty. I can see it from both sides, but I just can't make up my mind about it.

yeah I was awhile ago, but I'll agree with Penn on the matter, there's a *** episode on it.

edit: I don't agree with Penn on a lot of things, but I find that he got this pretty damn close.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:58:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Eh like I said I'm on the fence about the dealt penalty. I can see it from both sides, but I just can't make up my mind about it.

yeah I was awhile ago, but I'll agree with Penn on the matter, there's a *** episode on it.

edit: I don't agree with Penn on a lot of things, but I find that he got this pretty damn close.
I usually find myself agreeing with a lot of things Penn says. However, I wasn't with him on this episode lol.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:00:24
Link | Citer | R

There's just something about the argument of "if even a small possibility that someone is innocent exists..." irks me.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
as to the labor thing; you just came up with a supplement to my "utopia" idea, we use prison labor to take place of the necessary labor, brilliant.
Use prisoners to do road construction for instance. Would save some money there.

well I was trying to find a way to eliminate human labor as a necessity, this is one way around that. I mean let's face it they would use them more if it weren't for labor unions, and with more and more and more things being automated the need for human presence in an unskilled labor is shrinking rapidly, a few more big changes (mostly in transportation I see) and a lot more jobs will become obsolete, then you get into the question of should we not try to advance due to keeping people's jobs? so I came up with the idea of people not having to work for a living as the solution to a problem we're mildly facing(detroit, anyone?) and will face more and more instances of down the road. My other thought was that there's just too many *** people and we need to generate a plague to get rid of most of us, but quite frankly that idea doesn't settle on me well, which I guess it means I'm still human or some ***.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
There's just something about the argument of "if even a small possibility that someone is innocent exists..." irks me.

why?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I usually find myself agreeing with a lot of things Penn says. However, I wasn't with him on this episode lol.

I don't agree with him on the Wal-Mart one, *** walmart. I also don't agree with him 100% on the capitalism thing, just because him and Teller don't off each other due to it being in their mutual interest (money) to work together, it doesn't prevent a lot of people, nor covers that a lot of people rely on instincts instead of logic.

that and I've done retail (not walmart but my friend worked there for awhile) and quite frankly all walmarts could burn tonight and I feel the world would be better off (maybe not at first but meh)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

why?
Reminds me about the same reasoning over the TSA's new policies, but in reverse.

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I don't agree with him on the Wal-Mart one, *** walmart. I also don't agree with him 100% on the capitalism thing, just because him and Teller don't off each other due to it being in their mutual interest (money) to work together, it doesn't prevent a lot of people, nor covers that a lot of people rely on instincts instead of logic.

that and I've done retail (not walmart but my friend worked there for awhile) and quite frankly all walmarts could burn tonight and I feel the world would be better off (maybe not at first but meh)
I have no problems with Walmart itself, I just hate the type of people that usually shop and work there. And to be honest Target's (Market Pantry) food is way better anyways.

The capitalism one was about world peace and they were just taking a stab at a viable solution. It really wasn't meant to be an end all answer.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:08:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

why?
Reminds me about the same reasoning over the TSA's new policies, but in reverse.

not quite the same, in this case you're protecting people's rights, not infringing on them...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I have no problems with Walmart itself, I just hate the type of people that usually shop and work there. And to be honest Target's (Market Pantry) food is way better anyways.

I don't like what they've done to small business, and I find that they monopolize more than they should, by far.

Also yes you know I don't like stupid people, and you just described the average worker and shopper of walmart.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:11:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

why?

not quite the same, in this case you're protecting people's rights, not infringing on them...
I meant the very small probability that there is a terrorist on a plane so they go crazy searching everyone blah blah blah.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

The capitalism one was about world peace and they were just taking a stab at a viable solution. It really wasn't meant to be an end all answer.

yeah, been a long time since I've seen that episode...
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

why?

I meant the very small probability that there is a terrorist on a plane so they go crazy searching everyone blah blah blah.
yeah, I know what you meant...

The logic behind their searching is sound, their methods and practicality is what I have a problem with. (about the TSA thing).
Then again that would be assuming they could catch all accounts by using said measures....

On the death penalty thing it's more about protecting one's rights (lol and their life) than the possibility of their innocence, even guilty people have some rights, that's just the way it is.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:16:55
Link | Citer | R

I should by all means be asleep by now but my sister called me half bawling, but damn I wish I'd have passed out already, I'm sitting here pondering the irony of my avatar being Bender, who's smoking when I never have (nor plan to)...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:18:02
Link | Citer | R

True the courts aren't perfect at that beyond of shadow of doubt thing, but then again if they tried to be stricter on proving guilt you'd have more people getting away with murder.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:18:25
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind joining the aclu, however I think they may have a problem with some of my ideas :D

That and I want to go into the electronics field :D
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
True the courts aren't perfect at that beyond of shadow of doubt thing, but then again if they tried to be stricter on proving guilt you'd have more people getting away with murder.

yeah, I find removing the death penalty (which is silly imo) would be a fine solution. Prisoners still pull their time, the public isn't in danger, no more people are "getting away with murder" (maybe idk how to gauge that tbh), the courts would be less burdened with appeals cases, they wouldn't have to pay for the chemicals anymore (or chair etc), so far the biggest opponents of removing it would probably be whoever the *** profits off the death chemicals.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 03:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Pft, keeping the earth clean by picking up trash is more important!

now if we could only use inmates to fix "global warming" we'd be set ^.^

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 03:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Global warming is fake anyway, so they would all die for nothing, lol.
 Alexander.Tedril
Serveur: Alexander
user: Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-19 23:46:05
Link | Citer | R

How about this... When will we stop pointing fingers, grow a pair, and realise the world is bigger than we think?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-20 02:35:35
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:

How about this... When will we stop pointing fingers, grow a pair, and realise the world is bigger than we think?

the creator of this song is an idiot, and you are pathetic to post it.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-20 07:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Alexander.Tedril said:

Why?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-20 07:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Alexander.Tedril said:

Why?

because everyone is ignorant to a degree, but those that wade in that ignorance (blissful ignorance if you will) are stupid. Religious people wade in their ignorance, embrace it, and refuse to seek for answers. You are pathetic for posting it because you fail to realize it and the logical fallacy they use.
 Alexander.Tedril
By Alexander.Tedril 2010-12-20 09:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Alexander.Tedril said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Alexander.Tedril said:
Why?
because everyone is ignorant to a degree, but those that wade in that ignorance (blissful ignorance if you will) are stupid. Religious people wade in their ignorance, embrace it, and refuse to seek for answers. You are pathetic for posting it because you fail to realize it and the logical fallacy they use.
First I am going to lol at you... Now, go out read learn and actually open your mind travel the world, and notice you are small, and pointless. You make no difference in this world, you have been sold a lie thinking you can understand anything, you know nothing. You try to avoid understanding anything because your arguments are nothing but insults and efforts to run away from anything logical except the quick answer that your life has given you. I know more and what I know is better than what you know, tell me what is it you know? You to use any real knowledge, prove to me anything in this world is real and you win. Nothing here is purposeful neither I nor you or anyone really. There is things in this world beyond you and I, something to powerful to understand, something to live for.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Serveur: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-20 09:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
There is things in this world beyond you and I, something to powerful to understand, something to live for.
For the Win. Although I would disagree that nothing here is purposeful; there are souls being fought over here, that is the entire reason we were created. Just spread love to people like Jetackuu, hatred puts you in the same boat, and will never change people's opinions about us.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9