God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-10 18:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order.

Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on!

America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
You my friend are a moron, modern America has very little in common with Pre-WWII germany.... Bet you are a Bill O'Reilly fan and get chubbies from Nazi slide shows. In seriousness though, the death penalty is a tough subject, a governing body shouldn't be able to decide when a crime is "over the line" to warrant a death penalty imho, but if it could potentially save other lives, who is to say one life is greater then a couple when that one life has made horrible choices.

You're a jackass and a fool if you cant see the parallels between the people arguing "take em out back and shoot 'em!" and the ***that gave rise to mass genocide last century. Desensitization and dehumanization go hand in hand. You should also learn to read if you really think any part of my post came from a right-wing viewpoint.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-10 18:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
also on the life thing, everyone has the right to life.

inb4abortiondebate

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order.

Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on!

America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
You my friend are a moron, modern America has very little in common with Pre-WWII germany.... Bet you are a Bill O'Reilly fan and get chubbies from Nazi slide shows. In seriousness though, the death penalty is a tough subject, a governing body shouldn't be able to decide when a crime is "over the line" to warrant a death penalty imho, but if it could potentially save other lives, who is to say one life is greater then a couple when that one life has made horrible choices.

You my friend are a tool and should shut up unless you want to be in the same category as the people you are attacking.

I stated both sides, what I believe in, and made a statement relating the poster to Bill O'Reilly? I never said I was pro-death penalty, need to work on your reading skillz, too much acid >.> I'm almost there with you though :)
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-10 19:01:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Titan.Nihilist
Serveur: Titan
user: Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 19:02:50
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
That is a unique word to describe and the way humanity does not understand it from either side is beyond me.

All in due time...We are a stubborn species...

P.S. Three of you are attacking each other even though you three are on the same page on this issue...I'm confused...

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-10 19:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Yes, run away from an intellectual debate and back into your corner of "comfort".
lol this is what you call intellectual? >_>
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Nihilist
Serveur: Titan
user: Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 19:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Yes, run away from an intellectual debate and back into your corner of "comfort".

I must have misunderstood what you said..please elaborate...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-10 19:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Nihilist said:
Taking a life is an absolute decision...One that can't be reversed with our current technology...Should we really be dealing in absolutes?

Is that directed towards the handling of the punishment of the offender, or is it more towards the potential offender, before committing the crime?

And, yes, I absolutely am convinced that prison is a terrible place to be, and that serving time is painful, dangerous, and slow. That being said, "I" am not the one serving the sentence - I didn't commit the crime. But I am still paying for it. I do mean literally, of course. But also, it's not exactly just to force people to provide the needs of criminals, is it? (Is it really just to do that for ANY group of people, but not another?) And, if I had my choice, I would much rather be paying for the struggling, unemployed, desperate, "good" people, than murderers.

What if my lack of desire to feed, bathe, clothe, house, and educate these murderers results in they're deaths? "Good."
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-10 19:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Yeah, you reached the reading skills retort. You officially can now go sit next to those "morons" you were criticizing because right now you are one.

A little bit more effort from you and I might not have enjoyed this piece of sour dough bread. Oh well, sucks to be this nice bread.

Jesus, thank god Spicy's here! I had typed out this long *** post about he HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that whole little piece was, about how calling someone a Bill O'Reilly fan on the internet is a sin, about how rude and classless it is to say that someone is aroused by "Nazi slideshows," and about how he was pretty much saying that making the death penalty easier to carry out is bad (not dissimilar thoughts between the two,) but I decided not to post it, even though I felt strongly. (That has to be bad usage... whatever.)

So, once again, thank you!

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Brock
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-12-10 19:46:42
Link | Citer | R

You say "you" like I'm the one pulling the lever on ole'sparkey. I only agree with law. I agree with law that murder and the raping of a child under 12 years old (second conviction) is considered especially heinous and warrants the Death penalty. Those are the two capital punishments which are pretty uniform with states which still practice that punishment. It's okay, you're next statement will probably be "You are just as bad as the flawed law for agreeing with it." Although I will never wish it on anyone and I hope you never have to deal with one of those two crimes I mentioned above in your life or your families lives, I'd be willing to bet that a change of heart may take place if such a crime did visit you or one of your loved ones. You say you wouldn't but the funny thing about it all is the humanity in all of us has a remarkable way of changing our views once you've crossed over from being a bystander to having lived through the experience.

Society is already a bunch of soft, oversensitive, politically correct people who have it much easier than in my option than any generation this world has ever spit out ever will and we want to be even more soft, more sensitive.

I live in Atlanta, GA. Here are my capital offense laws:

Quote:
Georgia-
(1)The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved (or involved torture)
(2) The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense
(3) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value
(4) The defendant caused or directed another to commit murder, or the defendant procured the commission of the offense by payment, promise of payment, or anything of pecuniary value
(5) The murder was committed to avoid or prevent arrest, to effect an escape, or to conceal the commission of a crime
(6) The defendant has been convicted of, or committed, a prior murder, a felony involving violence, or other serious felony
(7) The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment
(8) The victim was a government employee, including peace officers, police officers, federal agents, firefighters, judges, jurors, defense attorneys, and prosecutors, in the course of his or her duties
(9)The victim was a correctional officer
(10)The defendant committed treason
(11)The offense of murder, rape, or kidnapping was committed by a person previously convicted of rape, aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation, or aggravated sexual battery
Your text to link here...

Don't be naive. These same criminals whose right to life you are fighting for are the same ones that knew that if they commit these crimes, took the life of another and were caught would face possibly conviction and capital sentencing if their guilt was proven.

Saying it isn't a determent. Yeah, for some on the "mental stability spectrum" who flip their ***and go Godmode on an office building with an auto rifle are probably not going to halt their violence because of law. They were not deterred from committing murder but silently how many were? I don't have statistical data on how many potential murderer's refrained from murdering because of the death penalty or even if that data exist but if it does and such studies have taken place I'm willing to bet that number is much greater than the 3,261 (as of January 01,2010) death row inmates across the US; which by the way only account for 0.00000001062% of the entire U.S. population if I did my math correctly. I'll see if I can find hard facts on this though. I'd like to bring scientific and mathematical reason for the sake of honest argument since you'll be asking for it anyways. Death Penalty is still something I support. If I find such a study and it concludes that those who didn't commit capital offense crimes is even one digit greater than 0 it is even more worth it to keep the current system in place. I'll be in the college on Monday. Library and statistics for a gaming forum. fml!

Just a litmus test as to when you think the death penalty is legitimized.

Federal law:
49 U.S.C. 1472-1473 Death resulting from aircraft hijacking.

Lets hypothetically say that the hijacking terrorists of 9/11 parachuted out of the plane prior to the planes smashing into the world trade centers, (and no, it wasn't an inside job either) He was caught, tried, and convicted of 2,752 counts of murder. As you, the juror, what sentence would you give to a man who was single handedly responsible for 2,752 deaths? Life imprisonment? I dare you to say Life Imprisonment! You'd be a fool to say such a thing. The example is pretty extreme I am aware but its only to compare how many lives would a person have to end before the death penalty is justified in your shoes as a juror.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-10 20:26:59
Link | Citer | R

I say we do like the Chinese and release him in a walled-in courtyard covered in meat sauce and sic four military-trained Rottweilers on him.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-12-10 20:27:19
Link | Citer | R

The Unabomber, responsible for killing a number of people back in the 90's, did not get the death penalty because he plead guilty.

His punishment is to sit in solitary confinement -- a small, completely sealed box only a few feet on a side -- for the rest of his life. No books, no TV, no crafts, no exercise, no visitors, no recreation, no interaction with guards or other prisoners. Forever.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be dead.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-12-10 20:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The Unabomber, responsible for killing a number of people back in the 90's, did not get the death penalty because he plead guilty.

His punishment is to sit in solitary confinement -- a small, completely sealed box only a few feet on a side -- for the rest of his life. No books, no TV, no crafts, no exercise, no visitors, no recreation, no interaction with guards or other prisoners. Forever.

yeah, I'll take a firing squad before I go insane with madness
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-10 20:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Lets lump everyone into stereotypes and just use those to judge people since most of you on this forum can't judge people individually.

HERE WE GO!:

- All black people are *** who steal, rob, shoot people, and deal drugs. Also all blacks do not earn their jobs, they are promoted through affirmative action.

-All women are stupid, inferior to men, and can not control their emotions. Oh and their periods make them into different people

-All mexicans are lazy and here illegally.

-All Muslims are terrorists and wife beaters.

-All video gamers are virgins and fat.

-All asians can not drive, eat rice, rape 12 year old girls, and wear the worst possible sunglasses.

-All White people are rednecks who *** their sisters and are inbred.

AND FINALLY:

-All religious people are nut jobs who constantly try to convert everyone and ruin the world because they are just so god damn stupid.

There. Is the world a better place now?
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-10 20:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Lets lump everyone into stereotypes and just use those to judge people since most of you on this forum can't judge people individually.

HERE WE GO!:

- All black people are *** who steal, rob, shoot people, and deal drugs. Also all blacks do not earn their jobs, they are promoted through affirmative action.

-All women are stupid, inferior to men, and can not control their emotions. Oh and their periods make them into different people

-All asians can not drive, eat rice, rape 12 year old girls, and wear the worst possible sunglasses.

AND FINALLY:

-All religious people are nut jobs who constantly try to convert everyone and ruin the world because they are just so god damn stupid.

Thank god someone says what we're all thinking.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-12-10 20:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
*** the chair, electricity isn't cheap. One bullet is cheap enough.

just use a hammer.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-10 21:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

HERE WE GO!:

AND FINALLY:

WTF did you get that one from? They will bust their *** day in and day out on jobs most people would quit after a few days..

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

That's exactly why I don't understand why everyone just wants to execute people as a form of punishment.. I'd kill myself before long under those circumstances.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-10 21:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Lets lump everyone into stereotypes and just use those to judge people since most of you on this forum can't judge people individually. HERE WE GO!: - All black people are *** who steal, rob, shoot people, and deal drugs. Also all blacks do not earn their jobs, they are promoted through affirmative action. -All women are stupid, inferior to men, and can not control their emotions. Oh and their periods make them into different people -All mexicans are lazy and here illegally. -All Muslims are terrorists and wife beaters. -All video gamers are virgins and fat. -All asians can not drive, eat rice, rape 12 year old girls, and wear the worst possible sunglasses. -All White people are rednecks who *** their sisters and are inbred. AND FINALLY: -All religious people are nut jobs who constantly try to convert everyone and ruin the world because they are just so god damn stupid. There. Is the world a better place now?
WTF did you get that one from? They will bust their *** day in and day out on jobs most people would quit after a few days..
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The Unabomber, responsible for killing a number of people back in the 90's, did not get the death penalty because he plead guilty. His punishment is to sit in solitary confinement -- a small, completely sealed box only a few feet on a side -- for the rest of his life. No books, no TV, no crafts, no exercise, no visitors, no recreation, no interaction with guards or other prisoners. Forever. I don't know about you, but I would rather be dead.
That's exactly why I don't understand why everyone just wants to execute people as a form of punishment.. I'd kill myself before long under those circumstances.

Nope. We're using jet's logic now. I've seen at least 2 lazy mexicans therefore all mexicans are lazy.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-12-10 21:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tedril said:
Shutup, you are looking for reasons to not believe in God, your the people that not help, as well as him. He is one of billions of people that have this life and God wrong, and you all are one of them. So since all sin is the same your the same as this guy.

You're*

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9