God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 00:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.
No man deserves death. Life is a gift however, not right. We each choose what to do with it. People like this choose to throw theirs away.

are you trying to say life is not a right?
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-11 00:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.
No man deserves death. Life is a gift however, not right. We each choose what to do with it. People like this choose to throw theirs away.

Can you read?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 00:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Brock said:
We are all taught while growing up that for every action there is an opposite reaction. Whether by the actual Physics law or indirectly by living life from day to day. You can pretty much put anything in an "If-Then" statement.

If you do not do your homework, then you will receive poor grades.

If you do not watch what you eat, then your health will deteriorate.

If you work hard in life, then you will significantly increase your chances of reaching your goals in life.

If you do not obey the law's of the governing body under which you live, then you will be punished according to those same law's of which that governing body deems fitting for the crime.

With that said according to some websites that report statistical data on state capital offense lists, he is not eligible for the Death Penalty under Utah's laws. So I must respect the law of a another state. If Elizabeth had died during her capture most definitely we would be having a different discussion. So in his defense the punishment fits his crime according to the law in which the crime was commited. Although I sympathize with some of you in regards that in the heat of passion many would wish for Utah's courts to make an exception just this one time.

As far as Capital Punishment goes, it is widely accepted worldwide that if you commit murder, then you will be rewarded for your actions by being put to death for your crime. It is a determent. This is not oppression of government or some incredibly unbearable law that is hard to follow. Don't murder someone. There you go, you won't have to worry about a death penalty. It is a responsibility the government has to its citizens to insure and maintain order. Do they get it right each time? Is the system perfect? Have people been put to death that should not have been. No, no, and yes. It needs some tweaking in my opinion to truly filter out those whom are guilty and those whom are innocent but in general the system works as it should and many of us here will not butcher our neighbors into pieces for playing loud music at 3a.m. If we didn't have laws and penalties for breaking these laws then we would have a crap ton of psycho's out bathing in a mock zombie apocolypse. My pantry isn't stocked with enough food yet for the Zombie Apocolypse so lets hold off on letting the psycho's run lawless for a bit longer... mmmmk?

I never did homework, had very high grades, never have really watched what I eat, pretty healthy, I don't work hard don't ever plan to, and my goals don't require me to.

As to the death penalty thing, saying a barbaric action that's used as a statement by the governing bodies (ineffective I may add) is a reaction to somebody comitting crimes that allow that "punishment" for the crimes is laughable.

There's no need for the government to execute prisoners, it's to make a statement (ineffective) and for people to get some sort of sick satisfaction out of their death.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:00:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.

Can you read?

yes I can, however he does not make a clear statement, unless he's really saying that life isn't right, which makes very little sense.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
also on the life thing, everyone has the right to life.

inb4abortiondebate

Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order.

Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on!

America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
You my friend are a moron, modern America has very little in common with Pre-WWII germany.... Bet you are a Bill O'Reilly fan and get chubbies from Nazi slide shows. In seriousness though, the death penalty is a tough subject, a governing body shouldn't be able to decide when a crime is "over the line" to warrant a death penalty imho, but if it could potentially save other lives, who is to say one life is greater then a couple when that one life has made horrible choices.

You my friend are a tool and should shut up unless you want to be in the same category as the people you are attacking.

every person*

Caitsith.Raolin
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-12-11 01:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
inb4abortiondebate
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order. Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on! America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
You my friend are a moron, modern America has very little in common with Pre-WWII germany.... Bet you are a Bill O'Reilly fan and get chubbies from Nazi slide shows. In seriousness though, the death penalty is a tough subject, a governing body shouldn't be able to decide when a crime is "over the line" to warrant a death penalty imho, but if it could potentially save other lives, who is to say one life is greater then a couple when that one life has made horrible choices.
You my friend are a tool and should shut up unless you want to be in the same category as the people you are attacking.
every person*
Dude, gtfo, your posts are full of spelling and grammar errors, sometimes I can't even understand what you're even saying, and you're calling other people out?! Are you sure you're not Stanflame?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Raolin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
inb4abortiondebate
Fenrir.Mankey said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order. Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on! America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
every person*
Dude, gtfo, your posts are full of spelling and grammar errors, sometimes I can't even understand what you're even saying, and you're calling other people out?! Are you sure you're not Stanflame?

I'd like you to find a post I make from my computer with a spelling error, sometimes I have some from my phone because it doesn't catch everything I type in.

But just for the lulz here, I wasn't correcting anyone, I was referring to spicyryan's first comment about when I said "everyone has the right to life." I intended it to say every person, and it was directed at him so you gtfo.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:22:08
Link | Citer | R

Also yes I'm sure, because unlike you and him I'm not a *** dumbass.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 01:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh god, you're so crazy.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Oh god, you're so crazy.

who's god? and you can't prove that their god isn't speaking to them/me/you :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 01:29:21
Link | Citer | R

If we can prove that anyone's god doesn't exist then we can prove there was no conversation.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
If we can prove that anyone's god doesn't exist then we can prove there was no conversation.

true, in the meantime we'll just call them *** nuts, or is that not PC enough for everyone?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 01:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

true, in the meantime we'll just call them *** nuts, or is that not PC enough for everyone?
We can't...

Clearly the guy mentioned in the OP wasn't crazy. He was just doing what god told him to do. However, that would imply that god is crazy. How can god be crazy?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 01:37:01
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

We can't...

Clearly the guy mentioned in the OP wasn't crazy. He was just doing what god told him to do. However, that would imply that god is crazy. How can god be crazy?

meh, how is a guy who claims a god speaks to their mind isn't crazy?

Idk, the *** in the Bible seems pretty god damn nuts to me.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-12-11 01:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
null
 Unicorn.Brock
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-12-11 01:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Well whichever. I can disagree with you all night long but in the end I can still rest my head on the pillow, turn out the lights, and sleep well at night knowing that justice for many of the convicted fits the crime. Let's not jump to conclusions though.

Quote:
...and for people to get some sort of sick satisfaction out of their death.

I have yet to meet anyone pro death penalty that gets that type of satisfaction. Perhaps you are confusing "Satisfaction" with the word "Vindication". If we were talking about Middle Eastern countries where they publicly hang people in the streets for crimes far less reprehensible then what we convict our DR inmates for then maybe I could see your point.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 01:50:34
Link | Citer | R

I could go either way on the whole death penalty issue I saw earlier too.

I would like to see the process greatly sped up though so it wouldn't cost more than life in prison.

Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-12-11 01:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The Unabomber, responsible for killing a number of people back in the 90's, did not get the death penalty because he plead guilty.

His punishment is to sit in solitary confinement -- a small, completely sealed box only a few feet on a side -- for the rest of his life. No books, no TV, no crafts, no exercise, no visitors, no recreation, no interaction with guards or other prisoners. Forever.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be dead.
This is why they should have the death penalty on a volunteer basis.

I wonder if that would work.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
The Unabomber, responsible for killing a number of people back in the 90's, did not get the death penalty because he plead guilty.

His punishment is to sit in solitary confinement -- a small, completely sealed box only a few feet on a side -- for the rest of his life. No books, no TV, no crafts, no exercise, no visitors, no recreation, no interaction with guards or other prisoners. Forever.

I don't know about you, but I would rather be dead.
This is why they should have the death penalty on a volunteer basis.

I wonder if that would work.

I thought of this earlier, stop thinking things like what I think.
/rage
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-12-11 02:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Death seems like the easy way out if you ask me. Life imprisonment would seem so much worse.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-12-11 02:30:58
Link | Citer | R

after reading this entire thread, just my 2 gil, I would agree with the death penalty but the is one flaw with it, rich people get life, the poor get the death penalty. Given the same crime etc... the rich person with the giant legal team(generally speaking) will get the death penalty off the table. While the poor person with the 1 public defender would have a much harder time with that.

/2gil
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Somebody answer me this: why do you feel the need to put a captured inmate to death for their supposed crimes?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Somebody answer me this: why do you feel the need to put a captured inmate to death for their supposed crimes?
To make room for more prisoners.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:43:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
To make room for more prisoners.

wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to just release those of victimless crimes, or hell make some of those crimes no longer crimes (ie: weed) (inb4smokingpotisbadmmmkay)

However that is a at least a halfway decent reason, and isn't filled with some emotional ***.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:46:49
Link | Citer | R

I was just thinking of prisons like a business. If someone is so crazy that they need to be kept under guard at all times, it would probably just be cheaper to kill them.

You also couldn't get any cheap labor out of them either.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I was just thinking of prisons like a business. If someone is so crazy that they need to be kept under guard at all times, it would probably just be cheaper to kill them.

If you know we wanted to ignore their rights, of course it would be cheaper to kill them, it would be cheaper to shoot them in the head in the courtroom after a guilty verdict is pleaded, but that's not how the system works, and quite frankly I don't feel the need to have a death penalty at all, if nothing else just on the possible tiny margin of error that an innocent person may be killed in pursuit of "justice" and I can see no other "good" reason to continue a barbaric practice, and I'm sorry but whether or not people die shouldn't really be an issue of money, and currently it costs way more to keep them alive (legally)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-11 02:50:57
Link | Citer | R

as to the labor thing; you just came up with a supplement to my "utopia" idea, we use prison labor to take place of the necessary labor, brilliant.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-11 02:53:55
Link | Citer | R

Eh like I said I'm on the fence about the dealt penalty. I can see it from both sides, but I just can't make up my mind about it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9