God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
God Led Him To Kidnap & Rape, Go Figure!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ifrit.Daemun
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-10 16:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.
No man deserves death. Life is a gift however, not right. We each choose what to do with it. People like this choose to throw theirs away.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 17:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.
No man deserves death. Life is a gift however, not right. We each choose what to do with it. People like this choose to throw theirs away.

That doesn't give you or me the choice to kill anyone. We don't have the right to judge what wasted life is.
 Ifrit.Daemun
Serveur: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-10 17:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
No.

That doesn't give you or me the choice to kill anyone. We don't have the right to judge what wasted life is.
No one has the right to judge another man, I agree with you fully. However, without a judicial system and consequences for actions, the world would be an even scarier place than it already is. At least as it stands now, a few of the crazies decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze. (Fail movie quote but it actually worked there...)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-10 17:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
if you kill a person who is already captured and the public is no longer in danger it is is uncivil, uncivil actions do not require an uncivil response, or you undermine the entire reason we have a structured law enforcement system. As to the death row part, a guilty person has the same right to appeal as an innocent person, that's the point of the appeal. That's the way things are done in society.

You should read "The Final Truth". A true hero among heroes.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 17:19:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
No man deserves life. Death is a gift however, not right. We each choose what to do with it. People like this choose to throw theirs away.
ftfy.
wat

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Nihilist
Serveur: Titan
user: Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 17:48:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm lost...so all the people with faith want to take someone's life..and all the people without faith feel taking any life is no one's right...sigh...Why do we even try anymore...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:00:13
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Nihilist said:
I'm lost...so all the people with faith want to take someone's life..and all the people without faith feel taking any life is no one's right...sigh...Why do we even try anymore...

Because you have to have faith to have morals?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because you have to have morals to have faith?
ftfy... and people ask why this world is so corrupted...

Problem is you can have both, one or neither.

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 18:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

So we need faith/religion to have morality of some sort...really?...hmm...So when someone starts the conversation off with "Well I'm a christian (or other assorted religion) and etc. etc."...Did they just take the moral high ground?

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:14:24
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Nihilist said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

So we need faith/religion to have morality of some sort...really?...hmm...So when someone starts the conversation off with "Well I'm a christian (or other assorted religion) and etc. etc."...Did they just take the moral high ground?

It wasn't a statement, it was a question. That was evident from the question mark at the end of the sentence. I was asking you "Because you have to have faith to have morals?" since you said:

"I'm lost...so all the people with faith want to take someone's life..and all the people without faith feel taking any life is no one's right...sigh...Why do we even try anymore..."

I'm asking you if you think only people with faith have morals since you implied that people without faith would automatically think the death penalty is ok.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Because you have to have morals to have faith?
ftfy... and people ask why this world is so corrupted...
Problem is you can have both, one or neither.
I wouldn't say it's a problem lol, but the real question is which is more important and/or if you can handle both; same as science and religion.

It all goes back to that person directly and you should not create a biased mentality for anything or towards anyone else either.

Morals are more important than faith 100%.

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 18:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'm asking you if you think only people with faith have morals since you implied that people without faith would automatically think the death penalty is ok.

No..you misunderstand because I actually implied the opposite...It seems from the posts that people with "faith" seem to always be comfortable with the death penalty...I must not have typed it clearly enough I apologize...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Nihilist said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

No..you misunderstand because I actually implied the opposite...It seems from the posts that people with "faith" seem to always be comfortable with the death penalty...I must not have typed it clearly enough I apologize...

Maybe I misunderstood myself, I apologise for being short with you.
 Unicorn.Brock
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-12-10 18:29:58
Link | Citer | R

We are all taught while growing up that for every action there is an opposite reaction. Whether by the actual Physics law or indirectly by living life from day to day. You can pretty much put anything in an "If-Then" statement.

If you do not do your homework, then you will receive poor grades.

If you do not watch what you eat, then your health will deteriorate.

If you work hard in life, then you will significantly increase your chances of reaching your goals in life.

If you do not obey the law's of the governing body under which you live, then you will be punished according to those same law's of which that governing body deems fitting for the crime.

With that said according to some websites that report statistical data on state capital offense lists, he is not eligible for the Death Penalty under Utah's laws. So I must respect the law of a another state. If Elizabeth had died during her capture most definitely we would be having a different discussion. So in his defense the punishment fits his crime according to the law in which the crime was commited. Although I sympathize with some of you in regards that in the heat of passion many would wish for Utah's courts to make an exception just this one time.

As far as Capital Punishment goes, it is widely accepted worldwide that if you commit murder, then you will be rewarded for your actions by being put to death for your crime. It is a determent. This is not oppression of government or some incredibly unbearable law that is hard to follow. Don't murder someone. There you go, you won't have to worry about a death penalty. It is a responsibility the government has to its citizens to insure and maintain order. Do they get it right each time? Is the system perfect? Have people been put to death that should not have been. No, no, and yes. It needs some tweaking in my opinion to truly filter out those whom are guilty and those whom are innocent but in general the system works as it should and many of us here will not butcher our neighbors into pieces for playing loud music at 3a.m. If we didn't have laws and penalties for breaking these laws then we would have a crap ton of psycho's out bathing in a mock zombie apocolypse. My pantry isn't stocked with enough food yet for the Zombie Apocolypse so lets hold off on letting the psycho's run lawless for a bit longer... mmmmk?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 18:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Brock said:
We are all taught while growing up that for every action there is an opposite reaction. Whether by the actual Physics law or indirectly by living life from day to day. You can pretty much put anything in an "If-Then" statement.

If you do not do your homework, then you will receive poor grades.

If you do not watch what you eat, then your health will deteriorate.

If you work hard in life, then you will significantly increase your chances of reaching your goals in life.

If you do not obey the law's of the governing body under which you live, then you will be punished according to those same law's of which that governing body deems fitting for the crime.

With that said according to some websites that report statistical data on state capital offense lists, he is not eligible for the Death Penalty under Utah's laws. So I must respect the law of a another state. If Elizabeth had died during her capture most definitely we would be having a different discussion. So in his defense the punishment fits his crime according to the law in which the crime was commited. Although I sympathize with some of you in regards that in the heat of passion many would wish for Utah's courts to make an exception just this one time.

As far as Capital Punishment goes, it is widely accepted worldwide that if you commit murder, then you will be rewarded for your actions by being put to death for your crime. It is a determent. This is not oppression of government or some incredibly unbearable law that is hard to follow. Don't murder someone. There you go, you won't have to worry about a death penalty. It is a responsibility the government has to its citizens to insure and maintain order. Do they get it right each time? Is the system perfect? Have people been put to death that should not have been. No, no, and yes. It needs some tweaking in my opinion to truly filter out those whom are guilty and those whom are innocent but in general the system works as it should and many of us here will not butcher our neighbors into pieces for playing loud music at 3a.m. If we didn't have laws and penalties for breaking these laws then we would have a crap ton of psycho's out bathing in a mock zombie apocolypse. My pantry isn't stocked with enough food yet for the Zombie Apocolypse so lets hold off on letting the psycho's run lawless for a bit longer... mmmmk?

Or you could just put them in prison for the rest of their lives, make them do trivial work that no-one else wants to do.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-10 18:33:58
Link | Citer | R

lol yeah, it's bad when supposed "no moral" faithless people have a higher morality than those wih faith, but considering the christian god (and many others too) is a bigot, it's not too out there...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-12-10 18:40:54
Link | Citer | R

So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order.

Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on!

America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
 Titan.Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 18:44:25
Link | Citer | R

So how many countries have abolished the death penalty?....(serious question)...also...How many religions frown upon murder?...(also a serious question)...With that said...It does not mean this person did not commit a crime...Punishment needs to be carried out in someway...But is it really true that any human has the right to take someone's life?...Should governments really be allowed to kill their own citizens?...Is society itself satisfied with ending human lives without question...This is a complicated issue to me...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-10 18:46:40
Link | Citer | R

yes, because everyone convicted of murder is guilty, no system (currently conceivable) can prove either way, putting an innocent man to death for a crime does not justify whatever *** sense of accomplishment one gets for murdering an inmate.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-10 18:49:15
Link | Citer | R

also on the life thing, everyone has the right to life.
 Fenrir.Mankey
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-10 18:49:50
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
So the pro-death penalty people think either there is a "greater good" in their actions or that the wholesale lowering of the bar for executing people is in order.

Possible executing of the innocent? Bring it on!

America is starting to feel more and more like Germany 1936.
You my friend are a moron, modern America has very little in common with Pre-WWII germany.... Bet you are a Bill O'Reilly fan and get chubbies from Nazi slide shows. In seriousness though, the death penalty is a tough subject, a governing body shouldn't be able to decide when a crime is "over the line" to warrant a death penalty imho, but if it could potentially save other lives, who is to say one life is greater then a couple when that one life has made horrible choices.
 Titan.Nihilist
By Titan.Nihilist 2010-12-10 18:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Taking a life is an absolute decision...One that can't be reversed with our current technology...Should we really be dealing in absolutes?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9