Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-03 14:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
you're right, guess I should have paid more attention, however the reasons for the housing market crash are quite different than what you stated, why's that?

How so?

I'll try to simplify it as much as possible, not because I don't think you couldn't understand otherwise, but to keep it simple for the sake of conversation.

The bubble was created and overly inflated when subprime loans increased across the country. The increase was due to the changes made to the community reinvestment act put in place in the 90s, this allowed borrowers to be much more relaxed in who they give loans to. The more people being allowed to get loans created a much higher demand for loans. This created and flooded the market with a new demand for different jobs related to lending money and selling homes. With the new bend in laws it allowed lenders to be much more flexible and with all the competition it encouraged more people to make more shady deals by manipulating and taking advantage of customers who did not fully understand what they were getting in to i.e. senior citizens, minorities etc. When they flushed this money out to people the demand on homes sky rocketed which sent the values of each and every home through the roof. Once these bad paper loans transitioned from interest only period loans to P&I loans the borrowers could no longer afford the payments and defaulted on their loans. Thus began the decline, more and more homes being foreclosed, less and less homes on demand, the value of homes crumbling, this trickled down to less and less work for those newly created jobs leads to people being laid off through out the entire industries. .

That's about as brief as I can put it and that is just the beginning once this happened it trickles out to each and every other market and industry not just realty/loans/titles/insurance

that's funny considering the source I found places the blame on the bubble to other factors...

"other factors" k, you're obviously the expert on the matter.

Google subprime loan crisis, let me know what you learn in 60 seconds.

google 2003 and 2005 mortgage rates and let me know what you find on the matter
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-03 14:06:49
Link | Citer | R

here is a pretty picture for you that even a child could understand, why the *** do you think those interest rates went down you *** idiot who knows nothing about nothing?

Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-03 14:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
you're right, guess I should have paid more attention, however the reasons for the housing market crash are quite different than what you stated, why's that?

How so?

I'll try to simplify it as much as possible, not because I don't think you couldn't understand otherwise, but to keep it simple for the sake of conversation.

The bubble was created and overly inflated when subprime loans increased across the country. The increase was due to the changes made to the community reinvestment act put in place in the 90s, this allowed borrowers to be much more relaxed in who they give loans to. The more people being allowed to get loans created a much higher demand for loans. This created and flooded the market with a new demand for different jobs related to lending money and selling homes. With the new bend in laws it allowed lenders to be much more flexible and with all the competition it encouraged more people to make more shady deals by manipulating and taking advantage of customers who did not fully understand what they were getting in to i.e. senior citizens, minorities etc. When they flushed this money out to people the demand on homes sky rocketed which sent the values of each and every home through the roof. Once these bad paper loans transitioned from interest only period loans to P&I loans the borrowers could no longer afford the payments and defaulted on their loans. Thus began the decline, more and more homes being foreclosed, less and less homes on demand, the value of homes crumbling, this trickled down to less and less work for those newly created jobs leads to people being laid off through out the entire industries. .

That's about as brief as I can put it and that is just the beginning once this happened it trickles out to each and every other market and industry not just realty/loans/titles/insurance

that's funny considering the source I found places the blame on the bubble to other factors...

"other factors" k, you're obviously the expert on the matter.

Google subprime loan crisis, let me know what you learn in 60 seconds.
he'll probably reply with something irrelevant thinking that it's actually proving his point.
he'll still google what you said though, he just won't say anything about it because it doesn't help his argument.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-03 14:19:45
Link | Citer | R

we're not even getting into the factors like: stated income ridiculousness where banks no longer needed to verify income from employers, people putting no money down, people being able to finance 2 mortgages 1 @ 80% so as to not pay for mortgage insurance and the other at 20% at an even higher interest rate
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-03 16:16:38
Link | Citer | R

I thought the whole giving out mortgages to people who couldn't afford them then combining the good with the bad mortgages then slicing and dicing up them up to do some kind of shady investing was the main cause of the severity of this recession. That is it the made the bubble grow bigger than it would have been.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-03 16:32:31
Link | Citer | R

You know what's messed up?
Reverse Mortgages are messed up.
I was stoned yesterday and saw a loanshark ad for it.
So I investigated a lil bit.
and goddamn shady practices= veryshady.
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-12-03 16:54:54
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Hi everyone!

I thought I could draw some attention to myself, by starting yet another TSA thread. Because the 10+ threads on the subject clearly isn't enough!

In this thread I will make HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arguments on how giving up your rights are for the best for everyone, and I will ignore every counter argument made by people who disagree with me.

Cheers!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-03 17:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I thought the whole giving out mortgages to people who couldn't afford them

Yes.. this was made possible mostly due to changes made in the CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) in the 90s. These loans are called subprime loans, the changes allowed for many more subprime loans to be approved.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 06:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Hi everyone!

I thought I could draw some attention to myself, by starting yet another TSA thread. Because the 10+ threads on the subject clearly isn't enough!

In this thread I will make HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE arguments on how giving up your rights are for the best for everyone, and I will ignore every counter argument made by people who disagree with me.

Cheers!
Isn't this thread the polar opposite of the opinions expressed by the Op'z of other threads?
both ignore each other to an extent.
but mehr....U.S. has a problem with the need to claim rights over things.
copyrights are a prime example of the greed of the "need"(in quotations for a reason).
unlawful searches and seizures?
sure that falls as something against constitutional right, but deeming what is unlawful and what is not based off of a "living document' can only go so far when this "living document" is stretched to have so many meanings in our government today.
Our country was built on self-serving values, both the TSA and the media frenzy swarming around it are great examples of that.

The "truth" can mean anything if you shape it in your favor, and we have a constitutional "right" to do so unless society doesn't happen to agree. But mental illness is an easy thing to emulate as well as mask in these times.
But I guess that's why people don't listen to each other as much nowadays or maybe it's been like that for a lot longer than "nowadays", I guess it depends what you are listening to.

I do think it's great that we have so many "bad guys" that we must oust to be able to come to a compromise and possibly maintain a sense of "security"
But meh.
People gotta keep it simple!
Bad Guys! Good Guys! Conservative! Liberal!
Whatever helps ya sleep at night I guess...
Welp, I stayed up late watching a movie and decided to do a half-asleep/stoned rant, enjoy, don't take it too seriously,
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9