First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 13:53:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
There is absolutely no reason increased security needs to surpass reasonable judgment or sanction arbitrary policies that infringe on personal rights/freedoms.

It's sad that you feel it's a right or a freedom to fly in an airplane. It's also sad that you feel anyone's rights/freedoms are bring infringed upon for walking through an x-ray machine. It's more sad that these machines have been in airports before the media coverage but not a single one of you was outraged until the stories hit the TV.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 13:55:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
There is absolutely no reason increased security needs to surpass reasonable judgment or sanction arbitrary policies that infringe on personal rights/freedoms.

It's sad that you feel it's a right or a freedom to fly in an airplane. It's also sad that you feel anyone's rights/freedoms are bring infringed upon for walking through an x-ray machine. It's more sad that these machines have been in airports before the media coverage but not a single one of you was outraged until the stories hit the TV.

I'm saying it's a right to not have hands groping my *** or being exposed to needless radiation on devices that remotely strip you to your birthday suit, and have the capacity to capture images and keep them stored for circumstances that have no merit, proof, or reason to warrant such action.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-02 13:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Actually I heard about these machines when the story was first posted about them being created, long before they were ever implemented. There had been testing conducted at different airports long before they were thrown at people in full force.

I thought they were *** then, and I think they are *** now.

Stop acting like everyone is a *** media puppet. The fact that you keep talking out your *** actually angers me.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-12-02 13:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
The way I see it, it's similar to installing a bunch of redundant, hard drive raping anti-virus software for your PC.
Sure, it'll catch almost everything unsafe you'll run into, but a lot of that wouldn't be necessary if you used the best security of all: common sense.

Just sayin
I don't disagree with you. ^^
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 13:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Actually I heard about these machines when the story was first posted about them being created, long before they were ever implemented. There had been testing conducted at different airports long before they were thrown at people in full force.

Stop acting like everyone is a *** media puppet. The fact that you keep talking out your *** actually angers me.

I'm doing my best to be polite to one's ignorance opinions :x
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 13:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

This.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 13:58:26
Link | Citer | R

I think rational intelligence agencies finding credible threats would do us a lot more good than alienating every patron that wants to travel with their laptop, shaving razor, breast milk, wtfever.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 13:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

This.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 13:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

The first though I had when I heard the hijackers on 9/11 took over the plane with box cutters was why didn't the passengers fight back like that other plane? (forget the flight number, you know the one they made a tv movie about that crashed in PA)

My first thought WASN'T "OMG OMG, We need a *** more secuirty!"

The only thought about security I had was "***, now they're going to go crazy with new security measures that probably won't help anyway."

A. No one on that plane expected the hijackers were intending on crashing the plane because such a thing had never been done before.

B. It's easy to talk about what someone would do in said situation.. through my life I have learned that no one knows wtf they will do until they are actually put into a situation themselves. I've seen big talkers buckle under pressure in life threatening situations to talk about what would be done is meaningless.

Fenrir.Weewoo said:

The way I see it, it's similar to installing a bunch of redundant, hard drive raping anti-virus software for your PC.
Sure, it'll catch almost everything unsafe you'll run into, but a lot of that wouldn't be necessary if you used the best security of all: common sense.

Just sayin

Although I agree with the case of the anti-virus software that was one of the worst analogies I have ever heard, try again.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Chaosx, Aurilius & Jetackuu: Show me the threads you made back then on any forums.

kthnx for proving me right.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-02 14:01:13
Link | Citer | R

All of you that are in favor of this new TSA machine still haven't addressed the question I issued. What is stopping someone from smuggling a bomb in their *** or vagina?

The new scanners aren't x-ray. They just show under your clothing. So, please answer the question.

*Edit*

Dear stupid Tweeeeeeeeeeeeek,

Please show me a thread that I have made on this forum about the TSA even after the current media frenzy.

Your pal,

The guy who is right.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

The first though I had when I heard the hijackers on 9/11 took over the plane with box cutters was why didn't the passengers fight back like that other plane? (forget the flight number, you know the one they made a tv movie about that crashed in PA)

My first thought WASN'T "OMG OMG, We need a *** more secuirty!"

The only thought about security I had was "***, now they're going to go crazy with new security measures that probably won't help anyway."

A. No one on that plane expected the hijackers were intending on crashing the plane because such a thing had never been done before.

B. It's easy to talk about what someone would do in said situation.. through my life I have learned that no one knows wtf they will do until they are actually put into a situation themselves. I've seen big talkers buckle under pressure in life threatening situations to talk about what would be done is meaningless.

You have kids? Have your kids been "fondled" by TSA?

If no, how can you say its all good and fine and support that behavior unless you've been in that situation yourself?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Although I agree with the case of the anti-virus software that was one of the worst analogies I have ever heard, try again.

Actually I think it reflects current circumstance with TSA quite well.
Not to say software are akin to people in every aspect, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Chaosx, Aurilius & Jetackuu: Show me the threads you made back then on any forums.

Is this your rebuttal for supporting your personal credibility?
/facepalm
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:03:28
Link | Citer | R

Weewoo, you're exposed to radiation every single day. You can not stop it, you're only using that as a *** excuse you own a cell phone, you use it daily. You've seen a microwave, you've used one. Stop crying.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Aside from some emulation forum I used to post in like 10 years ago, this is the only forum I visit. Nice try though.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Weewoo, you're exposed to radiation every single day. You can not stop it, you're only using that as a *** excuse you own a cell phone, you use it daily. You've seen a microwave, you've used one. Stop crying.

ITT: Cell phones = Microwaves = X-rays

But really, that's not even what I'm talking about.
I'm not against x-rays or scanners in general. I'm against those who abuse the authority to use them against patrons that have absolutely nothing to warrant such treatment.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I'm sure they can make efforts and find 1-2 threads in that 9 years span lol.

I've yet to make any threads on the subject, nor do I watch media, your point is false.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

the radiation off these scanners isn't as harmless as you may think, check the video about NJ.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:09:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I'm not against x-rays or scanners in general. I'm against those who abuse the authority to use them against patrons that have absolutely nothing to warrant such treatment.
they want to fly on a big metal box at a very fast speed to move across the country.
i think it'd be better if they just made everyone get a medical check up before flying :/
since this is the most recent TSA threads i'll throw my default alternatives.
drug everyone on the flight.
make the flight into a bingo hall, no-one gets shot in a bingo hall.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Aurilius, the machines use Backscatter X-ray or Millimeter-wave technology this is not debatable.

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually making 2 separate choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

Weewoo, the fact is people are only making these threads because of the uproar in the media. If they were truly passionate about the "issue" they would have felt the need to post or talk about the subject back then as much as they feel the need to talk about it now.

Also: The point was they all produce radiation not that they are all using X-Ray technology. I'm sorry you're having trouble keeping up with the conversations we'll try to slow down.

Like most stories, people will get tired of this subject regardless of how they feel about it. The media will find something new to talk about and people will almost forget about this entirely.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-02 14:12:23
Link | Citer | R

This was actually one of the first articles I had ever seen on the subject.

Notice the date.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-05-18/travel/airport.security.body.scans_1_airport-security-additional-screening-whole-body-imaging?_s=PM:TRAVEL

This ***isn't new. The idea was tossed around and argued strongly against long before it ever happened as it is happening now.

The article says something about TSA writing their own rule book and what not. It's CNN though, so it's obviously media propaganda and 100% false. Everything on CNN is written by wingnuts.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

they want to fly on a big metal box at a very fast speed to move across the country.
i think it'd be better if they just made everyone get a medical check up before flying :/

>:3
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Aurilius, the machines use Backscatter X-ray or Millimeter-wave technology this is not debatable.

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually 2 choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

Weewoo, the fact is people are only making these threads because of the uproar in the media. If they were truly passionate about the "issue" they would have felt the need to post or talk about the subject back then as much as they feel the need to talk about it now.

Like most stories, people will get tired of this subject regardless of how they feel about it. The media will find something new to talk about and people will almost forget about this entirely.

that is about the dumbest *** thing I've ever read, if they care about it so much they should have done something about it before they knew about it?

Also you're a *** idiot for suggesting "don't fly" /rage.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7624057
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually 2 choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

Also: The point was they all produce radiation not that they are all using X-Ray technology. I'm sorry you're having trouble keeping up with the conversations we'll try to slow down.

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but the way I read it they can just pick someone out for a pat down?

TSA said:
"TSA is in the process of implementing new pat-down procedures at checkpoints nationwide as one of our many layers of security to keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are one important tool to help TSA detect hidden and dangerous items such as explosives. Passengers should continue to expect an unpredictable mix of security layers that include explosives trace detection, advanced imaging technology, canine teams, among others."
Source: TSA

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

While I won't disagree that media is notorious for blowing things out of epic proportions. This isn't mere coincidence at the level of attention TSA is getting over alienating their patrons and wielding needless heights of authority and arbitrary "checks". Sure, it's easy to make mountains of molehills and cry wolf when you're in the limelight, but the fact remains that they really are pulling this kind of *** on a regular basis and it is getting the attention of everyone.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

that is about the dumbest *** thing I've ever read, if they care about it so much they should have done something about it before they knew about it?

Also you're a *** idiot for suggesting "don't fly" /rage.

Breaking news, nobody took the plane for 9 years to complain about it.

the procedures haven't been in place for 9 years...you fail.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9