TSA, TSA, TSA
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:20:32
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu my point is things can happen before the news makes a big deal out of it. If you are so concerned with air port security then you should have known about it before the media made a big stink about it, the information was out there. ***I walked through a scanner back in April long before I heard the news stories or heard people crying about it on widely used public forums.

I didn't care then and I don't care now. What I do care about is I'm sick of hearing and reading about the subject.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:22:43
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Aurilius, the machines use Backscatter X-ray or Millimeter-wave technology this is not debatable.

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually making 2 separate choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

Weewoo, the fact is people are only making these threads because of the uproar in the media. If they were truly passionate about the "issue" they would have felt the need to post or talk about the subject back then as much as they feel the need to talk about it now.

Also: The point was they all produce radiation not that they are all using X-Ray technology. I'm sorry you're having trouble keeping up with the conversations we'll try to slow down.

Like most stories, people will get tired of this subject regardless of how they feel about it. The media will find something new to talk about and people will almost forget about this entirely.
Bold = fail

You do realize that once you go through the scanner and need additional security you cannot leave. Arrested and $10,000 fine.

People to this day still talk about subjects from 50,100,200,2000 years ago.

Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-02 14:22:51
Link | Citer | R

Here's the thing. People knew about it when the idea was first being tossed around. Lots of stink came up then. What happened? It was implemented anyway because the government does what it wants. So now the stink is festering. People are adding to the stink by reporting their stories to news outlets. The media doesn't have to make ***up because the stories are being poured all over them by many outraged individuals.

People will dislike the idea, but unless an all out boycott on flying occurs, nothing will change. We are on a public forum merely voicing a distaste for the way the government is handling the situation. Who made you the internet police?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 14:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Jetackuu my point is things can happen before the news makes a big deal out of it. If you are so concerned with air port security then you should have known about it before the media made a big stink about it, the information was out there. ***I walked through a scanner back in April long before I heard the news stories or heard people crying about it on widely used public forums. I didn't care then and I don't care now. What I do care about is I'm sick of hearing and reading about the subject.

ilu
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:23:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Aurilius, the machines use Backscatter X-ray or Millimeter-wave technology this is not debatable.

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually 2 choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

Weewoo, the fact is people are only making these threads because of the uproar in the media. If they were truly passionate about the "issue" they would have felt the need to post or talk about the subject back then as much as they feel the need to talk about it now.

Also: The point was they all produce radiation not that they are all using X-Ray technology. I'm sorry you're having trouble keeping up with the conversations we'll try to slow down.

Like most stories, people will get tired of this subject regardless of how they feel about it. The media will find something new to talk about and people will almost forget about this entirely.

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but the way I read it they can just pick someone out for a pat down?

TSA said:
"TSA is in the process of implementing new pat-down procedures at checkpoints nationwide as one of our many layers of security to keep the traveling public safe. Pat-downs are one important tool to help TSA detect hidden and dangerous items such as explosives. Passengers should continue to expect an unpredictable mix of security layers that include explosives trace detection, advanced imaging technology, canine teams, among others."
Source: TSA

You missed this? Bolded for you.

I admit that I might have missunderstood it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:23:30
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Jetackuu my point is things can happen before the news makes a big deal out of it. If you are so concerned with air port security then you should have known about it before the media made a big stink about it, the information was out there. ***I walked through a scanner back in April long before I heard the news stories or heard people crying about it on widely used public forums.

I didn't care then and I don't care now. What I do care about is I'm sick of hearing and reading about the subject.

I've never been in an airport, or on an airplane, but this ***is *** up. If you're tired of hearing about it, do like most republicans do and don't listen to the world around you and move on with your life.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Zanno, my impression of the situation is when someone chooses to "opt out" of the scanner or if let's say you kept setting off a detector is when you would be patted down. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the "opt out" is what prompted the pat down searches.

We can ask one of these experts I suppose
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Then don't read it. Seriously don't read it if it bothers you that much.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Zanno, my impression of the situation is when someone chooses to "opt out" of the scanner or if let's say you kept setting off a detector is when you would be patted down. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the "opt out" is what prompted the pat down searches.

We can ask one of these experts I suppose

well if the pat down only happens if you opt out, then it's not really unpredictable, is it?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Standardized checks and scanners were around before hand.
However, the arbitrary policies and abuse of their use are new.
Hence why they're in the media a lot.
News may blow ***out of proportion in how it's presented, however, why it's there is perfectly legitimate.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 14:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Then don't read it. Seriously don't read it if it bothers you that much.

This x1000.

You can always ignore a topic, and make one of your own. I don't know why people who claim to hate this forum and think it's ***still hang around.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 14:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Yes, obviously, TSA has been innactive for 9 years. What's recent is the new x-ray scanner. Which you can opt out of and have the regular pat down.

I think he knows from experience how it has been the past 9 years, Shiroi, I mean..

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I've never been in an airport, or on an airplane, but this ***is *** up. If you're tired of hearing about it, do like most republicans do and don't listen to the world around you and move on with your life.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Zanno, my children would be walking through the scanners there would be no need to be groped. The people choosing to be groped are choosing to do so by actually 2 choices. The first choice is by opting out of the scanner and the second choice is by continuing to proceed through the security to the plane. They could easily choose to walk through the scanner or choose to not fly.

that is about the dumbest *** thing I've ever read, if they care about it so much they should have done something about it before they knew about it?

Also you're a *** idiot for suggesting "don't fly" /rage.

Breaking news, nobody took the plane for 9 years to complain about it.

the procedures haven't been in place for 9 years...you fail.

Yes, obviously, TSA has been innactive for 9 years. What's recent is the new x-ray scanner. Which you can opt out of and have the regular pat down.
Fail + 1
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:28:10
Link | Citer | R

The unpredictable comes into play by them randomly selecting who will be scanned, when I was scanned a little special signature was put on my boarding pass. IMO them saying unpredictable is their way to cover their *** saying they are not racially profiling people they are just randomly selecting people to be scanned.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

I think he knows from experience how it has been the past 9 years, Shiroi, I mean..

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

you can easily read their policies online, and the pat down isn't "regular" it's new as well, I didn't agree with the policies they had in place when they implemented the shampoo thing awhile back either, it's stupid and ineffective.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Except its not really a regular pat down anymore. New Pat-down Procedures

Have you people not even read about the differences between the old one and the new one before making an opinion, coming on here and defending TSA's behavior?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:31:00
Link | Citer | R

What I don't understand Tweeek is you're a right winged nut job and when this blatant act of civil liberties is in front of you, you *** about it being in front of you.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
The unpredictable comes into play by them randomly selecting who will be scanned, when I was scanned a little special signature was put on my boarding pass. IMO them saying unpredictable is their way to cover their *** saying they are not racially profiling people they are just randomly selecting people to be scanned.

Comic relief plz ;3
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Except its not really a regular pat down anymore. New Pat-down Procedures

Have you people not even read about the differences between the old one and the new one before making an opinion, coming on here and defending TSA's behavior?

no, they haven't.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:31:48
Link | Citer | R

Well which one *** is it... I was under the impression that the only people being patted down either:

A) opt'd out of being scanned

or

B) set off alarms/cause for concern from the metal detectors or scans i.e. something was found on the image that needed to be questioned.

If I was wrong then I apologize for not understanding I suppose, but I don't think I am wrong. If I'm wrong can someone show me exactly where it proves the contrary? I do know the pat down is much more invasive then it was ever before that's not my question or confusion. My question is about what causes a pat down.

lol @ Jet never have been to the airport I said that in a thread weeks ago as a joke saying you were too poor to concern yourself with this subject since you never fly lmao @ nailing it. wow. i'm a *** idc.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:31:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Comic relief plz ;3
Matthew Perry!

I was so thinking this earlier...
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 14:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Went on a plane at the first of the year and was wearing a bigass jacket(was going somewhere cold and wanted a good one). It was too big to really fit into my bags so I just opted to lug it around with me. Of course, they flocked to me like vultures thinking I was lugging around explosives(this is a REALLY big feather down jacket). They made damn sure I wasn't carrying anything.

Am I pissed? Nope.
Would I go through an X-Ray scanner? Sure.

I got to where I was going, had a great time, and came back through the same ordeal.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:35:01
Link | Citer | R

also.. I'm not a right winged nut job. I'm for smaller government I have very conservative fiscal views but more liberal social views when it comes to religion, abortion, gay marriage and some other things. As much as I would like to be defined by a political party I can't, I wish there was one that shared a majority of my views so I could vote for them but there isn't.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:35:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Went on a plane at the first of the year and was wearing a bigass jacket(was going somewhere cold and wanted a good one). It was too big to really fit into my bags so I just opted to lug it around with me. Of course, they flocked to me like vultures thinking I was lugging around explosives(this is a REALLY big feather down jacket). They made damn sure I wasn't carrying anything.

Am I pissed? Nope.
Would I go through an X-Ray scanner? Sure.

I got to where I was going, had a great time, and came back through the same ordeal.
did you make a big stink about it?
i think most who do want some spotlight lol.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:35:52
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Well which one *** is it... I was under the impression that the only people being patted down either:

or

B) set off alarms/cause for concern from the metal detectors or scans i.e. something was found on the image that needed to be questioned.

If I was wrong then I apologize for not understanding I suppose, but I don't think I am wrong. If I'm wrong can someone show me exactly where it proves the contrary? I do know the pat down is much more invasive then it was ever before that's not my question or confusion. My question is about what causes a pat down.

lol @ Jet never have been to the airport I said that in a thread weeks ago as a joke saying you were too poor to concern yourself with this subject since you never fly lmao @ nailing it. wow. i'm a *** idc.

the scanner is also a violation of the 4th amendment

and it's not like I can't afford a ticket, but the only place I find a need to fly to I'd want to stay for awhile and it's impractical to go on long vacations unless you're rich.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:39:03
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
also.. I'm not a right winged nut job. I'm for smaller government I have very conservative fiscal views but more liberal social views when it comes to religion, abortion, gay marriage and some other things. As much as I would like to be defined by a political party I can't, I wish there was one that shared a majority of my views so I could vote for them but there isn't.

so you're a hypocritical right winged nut job, nice.

the size of this nation wouldn't survive with "smaller government" and your lack of understanding of economics is laughable.

still, this is far from "smaller government" quite frankly it's fascism in it's finest in effect here. You pick the wrong battles with your "small government" ideology.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 14:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

or

Youtube said:
Lets get the facts straight first. Before the video started the boy went through a metal detector and didn't set it off but was selected for a pat down. The boy was shy so the TSA couldn't complete the full pat on the young boy. The father tried several times to just hold the boys arms out for the TSA agent but i guess it didn't end up being enough for the guy. I was about 30 ft away so i couldn't hear their conversation if there was any. The enraged father pulled his son shirt off and gave it to the TSA agent to search, thats when this video begins.

******* THIS VIDEO OCCURRED AT SALT LAKE CITY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ON NOVEMBER 19TH AT AROUND THE TIME OF 12:00 PM **********

***Insertion of what happened after the video (full story)****

After I finished videotaping the incident I went through the check point myself. I collected my things and went over to talk to the father and son. Before I could get to them a man in a black suit who had been talking with the other TSA officials approached me. He asked to speak to me and I obliged, wondering what was to come. He then proceeded to interrogate me about why I was videotaping the "procedures of the TSA". I told him that I had never seen such practices before on a young child and decided to record it. The man being frustrated at this point demanded to know my plans with the video, of which I didn't respond. Repeatedly he asked me to delete the video, hoping his mere presence could intimidate me to obey, but I refused. By this point it became obvious that he felt TSA had done something wrong and that I caught it on tape. After the interview, I left for my gate. I called my brother who told me I should put the tape on YouTube because this had been a recent hot topic in the news.
My gate was a long way off, but about 15 minutes after arriving 2 TSA agents came and sat 15 feet or so away from me. I stood up and moved so that they were in front of me and then took a picture. A 3rd and then a 4th agent came and sat down with the others. They would occasionally glance at me and talk on their walkie-talkies. I don't know why they were there or if it was a huge coincidence but they stayed for 30-45 minutes and left just before I boarded the plan. Interesting to say the least, intimidating? Maybe a little...
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 14:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Tweek said:

or

I'm basically waiting for Chaos to answer this I'm not waiting for the guy with the dude in the lawn chair avatar who makes 800 threads a day or Jet to answer this.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9