user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:39:56
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Yes, obviously, TSA has been innactive for 9 years. What's recent is the new x-ray scanner. Which you can opt out of and have the regular pat down.

I think he knows from experience how it has been the past 9 years, Shiroi, I mean..

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I've never been in an airport, or on an airplane, but this ***is *** up. If you're tired of hearing about it, do like most republicans do and don't listen to the world around you and move on with your life.

Except its not really a regular pat down anymore. New Pat-down Procedures

Have you people not even read about the differences between the old one and the new one before making an opinion, coming on here and defending TSA's behavior?

no, they haven't.

If you don't want to be pat down, pick screening. Also, if you are a woman, you can ask for a woman officer to pat you down. An officer of the opposite sex cannot do the patdown on yourself without you agreeing.

If you were a victim of a rape or something, just take screening, seriously?

the "screening" is just as invasive and a violation of your civil liberties as getting groped by a pervert.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:40:25
Link | Citer | R

You guys can be all for these crazy procedures all you want, for what ever reason you want, but let's see what happens come Dec. 6

Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 14:42:38
Link | Citer | R

RIGHT WING NUT!

REPUBLICANS!

DEMOCRATS!

LIBERAL SCUM!

lol, I love it.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
You guys can be all for these crazy procedures all you want, for what ever reason you want, but let's see what happens come Dec. 6

What's on December 6th?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:44:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

What's on December 6th?
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
My district (NJ-11) may not be listening, but NJ's 23rd district is listening.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
RIGHT WING NUT!

REPUBLICANS!

DEMOCRATS!

LIBERAL SCUM!

lol, I love it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
RIGHT WING NUT!

REPUBLICANS!

DEMOCRATS!

LIBERAL SCUM!

lol, I love it.

to be fair I voted libertarian in 2008, and I have a problem with most democrats, just a lot more with just about all republians.

Neither side is right 100%, hell probably not even 50%
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-02 14:46:06
Link | Citer | R

Also the video is good too:

Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 14:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
RIGHT WING NUT! REPUBLICANS! DEMOCRATS! LIBERAL SCUM! lol, I love it.
to be fair I voted libertarian in 2008, and I have a problem with most democrats, just a lot more with just about all republians. Neither side is right 100%, hell probably not even 50%

Then how is this much different:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
also.. I'm not a right winged nut job. I'm for smaller government I have very conservative fiscal views but more liberal social views when it comes to religion, abortion, gay marriage and some other things. As much as I would like to be defined by a political party I can't, I wish there was one that shared a majority of my views so I could vote for them but there isn't.

I don't think that ^ would warrant calling him a "right wing nut job".
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
to be fair I voted libertarian in 2008, and I have a problem with most democrats, just a lot more with just about all republians. Neither side is right 100%, hell probably not even 50%

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
also.. I'm not a right winged nut job. I'm for smaller government I have very conservative fiscal views but more liberal social views when it comes to religion, abortion, gay marriage and some other things. As much as I would like to be defined by a political party I can't, I wish there was one that shared a majority of my views so I could vote for them but there isn't.

no but him supporting this guy is one good reason:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
jayallday2012 said:
It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something!
I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.

*** all the haters who rated this man down. Lazy *** people rating him down expect him and I to hold your hand and take care of you. You want a job? Go *** get it. Get money.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 15:01:50
Link | Citer | R

None of that sounds crazy to me. There really are lots of opportunities for jobs. Maybe not the most ideal job you'd like to have, but there are plenty. If you don't want to get an education and do the whole rat-race, then start your own company. Get in touch with a bank, take a loan out, start an e-business of some sort. It's your choice.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 15:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Zanno, my impression of the situation is when someone chooses to "opt out" of the scanner or if let's say you kept setting off a detector is when you would be patted down. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the "opt out" is what prompted the pat down searches.

We can ask one of these experts I suppose

Quote:
The new procedure will apply to everyone being patted down, for whatever reason. It’s not just for people like me who find the body scanners an attack on liberty, privacy and decency. In other words you may be selected at random for this perverse exercise without opting-out of the body scanners.

Source

Quote:
Passengers who opt not to walk through the full-body scanners are subject to the searches, as well as passengers who set off metal detectors at checkpoints without the scanners. The TSA also picks random passengers for the searches.

Source

Aparently its not only for ppl that opt out.

Now can you tell me how you will react if your children have to go through this?

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

B. It's easy to talk about what someone would do in said situation.. through my life I have learned that no one knows wtf they will do until they are actually put into a situation themselves.

nvm, I guess you can't.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
None of that sounds crazy to me. There really are lots of opportunities for jobs. Maybe not the most ideal job you'd like to have, but there are plenty. If you don't want to get an education and do the whole rat-race, then start your own company. Get in touch with a bank, take a loan out, start an e-business of some sort. It's your choice.

then you have a truly lack of understanding of the way the world works, it's not that easy despite whatever *** success story you've read.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Good luck getting a loan to begin with.
Let alone paying it back with compound interest.
Even with with an employment staff supporting you, it ain't always easy.
But yes, more people should do all they can to get out, volunteer, educate and get involved and qualified. But alas, even that won't necessarily assure you a secure job and necessary paychecks to live even on what many would consider a barebones level.
Also over-qualification is a ***.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

no but him supporting this guy is one good reason:

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
jayallday2012 said:
It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something!
I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.

*** all the haters who rated this man down. Lazy *** people rating him down expect him and I to hold your hand and take care of you. You want a job? Go *** get it. Get money.

Well he's 50% right, some people won't find a job unless it's handed out to them and some won't accept a job because it's not as good as the job they had before so it hurts their pride. Being picky is fine, but when you have financial problems just take whatever you can until you can find something better.

you can use the "some people" argument for anything, it still doesn't guarantee a completely *** blanket statement like that
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 15:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
then you have a truly lack of understanding of the way the world works, it's not that easy despite whatever *** success story you've read.

1. Get off FFXI forums
2. Drive/Ride bike/Walk through town for "Help Wanted!" ads
3. ???
4. Profits from your new job

Yes, it really is that easy.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

1. Get off FFXI forums
3. ???

In utopia perhaps.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 15:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Good luck getting a loan to begin with. Let alone paying it back with compound interest. Even with with an employment staff supporting you, it ain't always easy. But yes, more people should do all they can to get out, volunteer, educate and get involved and qualified. But alas, even that won't necessarily assure you a secure job and necessary paychecks to live even on what many would consider a barebones level. Also over-qualification is a ***.

Loans aren't hard to get as long as they're certain that they can hold you accountable for the money you're borrowing. If this means that you need someone to cosign with you, then find a buddy to start up your e-business.

It's a risk, yes, so if you don't like taking risks, work your *** off at McDonalds until you start climbing the ladder. (Pro-tip: You won't get raises or promotions by showing up 30 minutes late to work and doing your shittiest while complaining about how shitty your job is. You might look "cool" to your co-workers who are all in high school, but you won't be climbing any corporate ladders.)

If you're still not happy with that, get Student Loans and go to school in the field of work you enjoy. If the job market isn't hiring you, do something else until they do(back to working at McDee's).
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-02 15:13:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
1. Get off FFXI forums 2. Drive/Ride bike/Walk through town for "Help Wanted!" ads 3. ??? 4. Profits from your new job Yes, it really is that easy.

*scracthes his head*

I know this is a TSA thread, but.....
...What world do you live in???
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Good luck getting a loan to begin with. Let alone paying it back with compound interest. Even with with an employment staff supporting you, it ain't always easy. But yes, more people should do all they can to get out, volunteer, educate and get involved and qualified. But alas, even that won't necessarily assure you a secure job and necessary paychecks to live even on what many would consider a barebones level. Also over-qualification is a ***.

Loans aren't hard to get as long as they're certain that they can hold you accountable for the money you're borrowing. If this means that you need someone to cosign with you, then find a buddy to start up your e-business.

It's a risk, yes, so if you don't like taking risks, work your *** off at McDonalds until you start climbing the ladder. (Pro-tip: You won't get raises or promotions by showing up 30 minutes late to work and doing your shittiest while complaining about how shitty your job is.)

If you're still not happy with that, get Student Loans and go to school in the field of work you enjoy. If the job market isn't hiring you, do something else until they do(back to working at McDee's).

The problem is, with a good chunk of America's population facing unemployment, you cannot prove that you will be accountable and able to pay your granted loan.
Besides, loans are made in the best interest of the bank, not you.
Most loans may look good on paper, but in all likelihood crash and burn and leave you in debt.
Banks are a business, not some non-profit organization made to help you get on your feet.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

1. Get off FFXI forums
3. ???

I have a job, but I have enough of an understanding to know the world doesn't work that way, sorry.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 15:15:32
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:

I agree the TSA should not be allowed to randomly pick people to pat down. I only think people who opt out of the scanner or give rasonable probable cause for a pat down i.e. setting off the alarms or an image giving cause for concern.

Luckily the world isn't black and white so I am allowed to have an idependent opinion on a specific when coming to the subject.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:

I agree the TSA should not be allowed to randomly pick people to pat down. I only think people who opt out of the scanner or give rasonable probable cause for a pat down i.e. setting off the alarms or an image giving cause for concern.

Luckily the world isn't black and white so I am allowed to have an idependent opinion on a specific when coming to the subject.

nobody should be forced through either the scanner, or the molestation, without probable cause, refusing a scanner isn't probable cause, setting off a metal detector and refusing to empty your pockets is.

do you truly not see the difference?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-02 15:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Loans aren't hard to get as long as they're certain that they can hold you accountable for the money you're borrowing. If this means that you need someone to cosign with you, then find a buddy to start up your e-business. It's a risk, yes, so if you don't like taking risks, work your *** off at McDonalds until you start climbing the ladder. (Pro-tip: You won't get raises or promotions by showing up 30 minutes late to work and doing your shittiest while complaining about how shitty your job is.) If you're still not happy with that, get Student Loans and go to school in the field of work you enjoy. If the job market isn't hiring you, do something else until they do(back to working at McDee's).
The problem is, with a good chunk of America's population facing unemployment, you cannot prove that you will be accountable and able to pay your granted loan. Besides, loans are made in the best interest of the bank, not you. Most loans may look good on paper, but in all likelihood crash and burn and leave you in debt. Banks are a business, not some non-profit organization made to help you get on your feet.

Who said anything about taking a loan without showing them what you're going to do with the money? Banks won't give a loan if they know you're going to flop of course, they'd never get back on their investment. You take a loan out in order to start a business of some sort. If you're too stupid or too lazy to make your own business, then climb the corporate ladder of an existing business. You don't take a loan out to say: "Ooo, I just got 5,000 bucks from the bank! Time to go shopping!"

Just riding on my way home from work, I've seen the local Subway, Pizza Hut, and Waffle House with signs up for hiring people. Like someone mentioned earlier, there are staffing companies(one at the place I work even) that will try and get you a temp job at least. Maybe my town is the complete opposite of the entirity of the rest of the country(I doubt it, my city isn't that great).
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-02 15:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
The problem is, with a good chunk of America's population facing unemployment, you cannot prove that you will be accountable and able to pay your granted loan. Besides, loans are made in the best interest of the bank, not you. Most loans may look good on paper, but in all likelihood crash and burn and leave you in debt. Banks are a business, not some non-profit organization made to help you get on your feet.

Yea, the problem is after Clinton reintitated liberal policies around the newer CRA act and the dems made sure it would not be overturned in 2002 many many many *** got loans that should have never received them. These same people idiots who did not understand the loans they signed would move out of an interest only periord after X number of years are the ones who felt they are better off just walking away from their financial obligations and responsibilities. They felt it was better to let their house foreclose because it was either A) upside down or B) thought it would be easier to claim bankruptcy.

The ones who got screwed are the hard working Americans who continue to pay their loans and see that their financial obligations are met. The ones (me) who can't get their loan refinanced to take advantage of the new APRs because I should be punished for never missing a payment. Only people who default on their loan for sometimes up to 3 months can qualify for such programs even though Obama promised everyone that our home equity loan woes would be behind us when running for office. How stupid of me for not walking away from my upside down loan because I made an agreement with a financial institution to make such payments. I should just be like the other pos people who walk away and strip the copper out of their house since the market decided to dip. Maybe after that I can claim bankruptcy, file for unemployement and collect welfare with food stamps cause it's the easy thing to do.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Loans aren't hard to get as long as they're certain that they can hold you accountable for the money you're borrowing. If this means that you need someone to cosign with you, then find a buddy to start up your e-business. It's a risk, yes, so if you don't like taking risks, work your *** off at McDonalds until you start climbing the ladder. (Pro-tip: You won't get raises or promotions by showing up 30 minutes late to work and doing your shittiest while complaining about how shitty your job is.) If you're still not happy with that, get Student Loans and go to school in the field of work you enjoy. If the job market isn't hiring you, do something else until they do(back to working at McDee's).

Who said anything about taking a loan without showing them what you're going to do with the money? Banks won't give a loan if they know you're going to flop of course, they'd never get back on their investment. You take a loan out in order to start a business of some sort. If you're too stupid or too lazy to make your own business, then climb the corporate ladder of an existing business. You don't take a loan out to say: "Ooo, I just got 5,000 bucks from the bank! Time to go shopping!"

Just riding on my way home from work, I've seen the local Subway, Pizza Hut, and Waffle House with signs up for hiring people. Like someone mentioned earlier, there are staffing companies(one at the place I work even) that will try and get you a temp job at least. Maybe my town is the complete opposite of the entirity of the rest of the country(I doubt it, my city isn't that great).

depends on the area, the country is recovering, slowly. However even if a more qualified person can get a job at these unskilled labor minimum wage jobs, it's not like they can support a family on the wages, 7.25 an hour isn't enough to support a single person properly much less a household. As to the bank loan thing, most people can't make their own business. Now that we've got this out of the way, people can't always make their own business, people can't survive on minimum wage, people can't always get a job even if it's doing something they don't like, wait no that's about it.
By Areis 2010-12-02 15:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Can we make a new forum rule...
If your gunna complain about TSA you have to provide TnA
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 15:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Yea, the problem is after Clinton reintitated liberal policies around the newer CRA act and the dems made sure it would not be overturned in 2002 many many many *** got loans that should have never received them. These same people idiots who did not understand the loans they signed would move out of an interest only periord after X number of years are the ones who felt they are better off just walking away from their financial obligations and responsibilities. They felt it was better to let their house foreclose because it was either A) upside down or B) thought it would be easier to claim bankruptcy.

The ones who got screwed are the hard working Americans who continue to pay their loans and see that their financial obligations are met. The ones (me) who can't get their loan refinanced to take advantage of the new APRs because I should be punished for never missing a payment. Only people who default on their loan for sometimes up to 3 months can qualify for such programs even though Obama promised everyone that our home equity loan woes would be behind us when running for office. How stupid of me for not walking away from my upside down loan because I made an agreement with a financial institution to make such payments. I should just be like the other pos people who walk away and strip the copper out of their house since the market decided to dip. Maybe after that I can claim bankruptcy, file for unemployement and collect welfare with food stamps cause it's the easy thing to do.

maybe you should.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9