COR Vs BRD In Meripo.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR vs BRD in Meripo.
COR vs BRD in Meripo.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-22 14:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Argettio said:
This thread looks fun, whats going on in here.

Wait some one calling out Veg's maths...

/popcorn.

Salted or sweet?
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:13:32
Link | Citer | R

I like salt on my kettle korn
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 14:13:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
This thread looks fun, whats going on in here.

Wait some one calling out Veg's maths...

/popcorn.

Salted or sweet?

Sweet, with a big Pepsi Max, and maybe some Mistrals.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-22 14:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Are you so bored w/ w/e you're doing that you have nothing else to do than comment on someone trolling someone who doesn't know two things about game mechanics?

Geography lab, and yes.

Actual game related question:

Why do "some" people say single-wield joytoy is better than single-wield Mercurial Kris for COR tp gain?

The best explanation I've seen supports the conclusion that kris gains TP at a significantly faster rate even before considering the accuracy advantage from skill, yet I always see "some" people say

Quote:
use joytoy hurr durr

with no supporting math or evidence. What am I missing? Sword DoT just cannot be that important to overall DoT...
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 14:14:18
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

If you have 120 Colbert and the enemies Colbert rating is 80, you have 40 over, capping your Colberts. so OBVIOULSLY Semimmortal is win because he has a Colber avatar

So we can conclude that Colbert wins hands down in any situation
/agree
By semimmortal 2010-02-22 14:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

If you have 120 Colbert and the enemies Colbert rating is 80, you have 40 over, capping your Colberts. so OBVIOULSLY Semimmortal is win because he has a Colber avatar

Lol, first thing I did after reading that post was to make 120 of that avatar in one post.
Previewed it... all I can say, it hurts @.@
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-22 14:15:32
Link | Citer | R

eek, strange double...
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 14:16:11
Link | Citer | R

Raen, log in and change your job. DRK/BLM... that's the sort of thing I would do lol :P
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-22 14:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Actual game related question:

Why do "some" people say single-wield joytoy is better than single-wield Mercurial Kris for COR tp gain?

The best explanation I've seen supports the conclusion that kris gains TP at a significantly faster rate even before considering the accuracy advantage from skill, yet I always see "some" people say

Quote:
use joytoy hurr durr

with no supporting math or evidence. What am I missing?

Nothing. Mkris does gain TP at a faster rate than Joyeuse, typically. However, Joyeuse's DoT is MILES higher which more than makes up for it a lot of the time (plus some people are concerned with TP feeding etc etc).
Quote:
Sweet, with a big Pepsi Max, and maybe some Mistrals.

Yay, less competition for my salted popcorn. We could get on well!
Quote:
Raen, log in and change your job. DRK/BLM... that's the sort of thing I would do lol :P

All the pro DRKs are either cats or fake cats and idle in mage SJs. Didn't you hear?

My account is actually deactivated at the moment anyway ; ;

EDIT: Also it's funny when I have an argument with someone on here and they're like HURR HURR YOU'RE SUBBING BLM SO CLEARLY YOU SUCK
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:16:35
Link | Citer | R

If your only dmg was ws dmg, you'd have a point, but joy will do a TON more DoT in comparison as well as more tp/hit which will help offset the slower speed of gaining tp as well.
 Remora.Meredoc
Serveur: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-02-22 14:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Cricket.........cricket

Come on lunch is almost over!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:18:19
Link | Citer | R

So Bart, how is that math coming along? I could have done it 6 times by now.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 14:18:47
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Lol, first thing I did after reading that post was to make 120 of that avatar in one post.
Previewed it... all I can say, it hurts @.@

You shoulda posted it :<
I'd get my glow sticks out and try and track down some ecstacy
By semimmortal 2010-02-22 14:20:10
Link | Citer | R

GDI Spence...
/ravemode ON
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-22 14:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
If your only dmg was ws dmg, you'd have a point, but joy will do a TON more DoT in comparison as well as more tp/hit which will help offset the slower speed of gaining tp as well.

Well, sure, but you're not really resolving the contradiction.

Everyone is always saying moarTP=moarWS=better overall DoT.

Its the whole justification for all 2H jobs gearing for their 6hit/5hit.

Then suddenly because the topic is corsair, faster TP gain (for more WS) is suddenly less significant than a tiny amount of extra sword-swinging DoT?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it doesn't make any sense to me.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 14:21:15
Link | Citer | R

UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH UNTSUH

/raves
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 14:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Why do you need maths when you have a Pro DRG busting out WS with 100 DEX...

He has to know his ***!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:24:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Its the whole justification for all jobs gearing 2H jobs for their 6hit.
It's all relevant to their DoT/WS frequencies. I can guarantee that cor isn't going to be a 30/70 split like sam is. The higher the DoT portion is, the more it contributes and on top of that we're not looking at a small difference, we're looking at a rather large one in terms of Joy and Mkris' DoT. Mkris on a 3 swing proc wouldn't do as much dmg as a single proc joy (actually would do considerably less)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 14:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Well, sure, but you're not really resolving the contradiction.

Then suddenly because the topic is corsair, faster TP gain (for more WS) is suddenly less significant than a tiny amount of extra sword-swinging DoT?

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it doesn't make any sense to me.
COR DPS is not purely WS, there is a TP phase component. Just pulling the numbers from your link, Joyeuse will more than double the DPS in that phase for a small loss in TP gain.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
EDIT: Also it's funny when I have an argument with someone on here and they're like HURR HURR YOU'RE SUBBING BLM SO CLEARLY YOU SUCK
I love those people XD
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-22 14:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
Its the whole justification for all jobs gearing 2H jobs for their 6hit.
It's all relevant to their DoT/WS frequencies. I can guarantee that cor isn't going to be a 30/70 split like sam is. The higher the DoT portion is, the more it contributes and on top of that we're not looking at a small difference, we're looking at a rather large one in terms of Joy and Mkris' DoT. Mkris on a 3 swing proc wouldn't do as much dmg as a single proc joy (actually would do considerably less)

I am well aware of the fact that each job has a different natural tendency for "normal" melee/WS breakdown. I would submit that Corsair is actually even more heavily slanted than 30/70, however.

Again, I'm looking for proof via math or testing, posted here or elsewhere.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 14:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so I don't know the exact math. You've got me there. However, I do know what I've seen. You can do all this math until you're blue in the face but what it comes down to is the fact that I've done the parsing, and I've done hundreds of meripos.

And yeah.. like I said in the beginning, I'm at work. Yeah, I actually have a career and I don't spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on these forums. Just happened to be a slow morning and now it's picking up again. So, I'll leave the math from a video game to the "cool kids" on the forum. Which gets you nowhere in life.

Peace
Fairy.Vegetto said:
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-22 14:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Very true, but what are you giving up most of the time? In WAR/DRK's case, precious little (DRK you don't even need to give up -anything- when using a Scythe). SAM has to give up a paltry amount of DA if using Rose Strap and DRG has many choices.

If however you look at COR, if they use Mkris instead of Joytoy, the DMG difference alone is massive. Joyeuse is DMG35 with 1.45~ hits per round average and Mkris is DMG8 with 1.9~ hits per round average. This means that Joyeuse has an average output of 50.75~D per round and Mkris has an average output of 15.2~D, so Joyeuse is about 3.34x as strong - this is a HUGE difference even given the increase in WS frequency (which isn't -that- large).
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Yes, which is why the DoT component is more important to a job like COR than it would be to a job like sam (which you used in your comparison with 6hit WS > DoT thing you said earlier and tried to put cor along the same line as a 2hand job.

I wasn't saying that cor has a 30/70, I'm saying sam does and cor would have it stacked more evenly than a sam would which is why using a 2hand job wouldn't be the best example on why tp gain is so important.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 14:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Barthalomew said:
Okay, so I don't know the exact math. You've got me there. However, I do know what I've seen. You can do all this math until you're blue in the face but what it comes down to is the fact that I've done the parsing, and I've done hundreds of meripos.

And yeah.. like I said in the beginning, I'm at work. Yeah, I actually have a career and I don't spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on these forums. Just happened to be a slow morning and now it's picking up again. So, I'll leave the math from a video game to the "cool kids" on the forum. Which gets you nowhere in life.

Peace
Fairy.Vegetto said:

RL card... played like a pro
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
but what it comes down to is the fact that I've done the parsing,
Which you still haven't posted btw
Quote:
Yeah, I actually have a career and I don't spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on these forums.
You were actually posting just as much as anyone else here, until you got called on your *** and backed into a corner you couldn't get yourself out of.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 14:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Barthalomew said:

Peace
Fairy.Vegetto said:
RL card, eyeballing and/or bullshitting, basically the worst way you could have bowed out of this. Nice. Also good to know a 14 year old is better at math than you... seriously, basic algebra.
[+]
By semimmortal 2010-02-22 14:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-02-22 14:34:46
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
I like the bottom part the best :P
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 14:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
but what it comes down to is the fact that I've done the parsing,
Which you still haven't posted btw
Quote:
Yeah, I actually have a career and I don't spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on these forums.
You were actually posting just as much as anyone else here, until you got called on your *** and backed into a corner you couldn't get yourself out of.

I'll say again......I haven't posted because I'm at work and the files are on my computer at home. Seriously, Hooked on phonics is calling.

Yeah, I'm at work.. and this is the first and only forum topic I've ever posted on this much. But, with you... you comment on every topic on this website. You're a real winner!
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 14:35:55
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:

/hi5
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10