COR Vs BRD In Meripo.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR vs BRD in Meripo.
COR vs BRD in Meripo.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10
 Fairy.Vegetto
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 13:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I don't understand. Why not WS in zahak's and use a pole grip?
Zahak is a 5m sidegrade to aurum. Sword strap is better than pole grip if you keep your xhit. The only reason most ppl don't use sword strap is because they lose their 6hit. I have enough store tp to keep 6hit (valk fork lets you do this). It's the superior grip.
Quote:
and light gorget > love torque come on man.. everyone knows this
Do you even know what a gorget does? You obviously don't know the mechanics. Try that argument with someone who doesn't know how to play the game.

1 dex = low amount of crit until you hit 40 dex over the mob's agi. From 40-50 1 dex = 1% crit. I'm at exactly 117, crit cap for colibri. -5 dex = -5% crit. I get more crit from love torque than you do from Zhak.

back to gorget, it adds 0.1 FTP to only the first hit
Drakes bane has 1.0 ftp per hit, 5 hits = 5.0 ftp

5.1/5.0 = 2% increase in damage to drakesbane. When you consider the +7 skill and the fact that dex adds acc, love torque gives more acc than gorget, so it's acc boost is out. So do you mean to tell me that 2% increase in damage > 5% crit 7 attack? again, try your *** with someone who doesn't know how to play the game.

But wait, what if we DA? That DA also has 1 ftp, so now it's 6.1 vs 6.0 ftp

6.1/6.0 = 1.67% increase. Again, if you think you won't get more than a 1.67% increase out of 5% crit and 7 attack, move to Hello Kitty Online
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 13:39:15
Link | Citer | R

you TP in askar to get a 6 hit.. You ws in zahak's and need I remind you people that Drakesbane is a 50% STR mod?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 13:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Aurum body beats Askar body for TP. The exceptions to this are marginal and require capped ACC with no more effective trades that can be made. This does not happen with full Haste gear (sup Blitz Ring).

15 Attack says wassup.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 13:41:39
Link | Citer | R

I TP in aurum for my 6hit, 6 acc > 2% DA and yes, swapping to askar would uncap my acc.

Need I remind you I know the math behind the game. Ok, drakes is a 50% mod. YOU tell us what that means, and how much dmg you'd get from adding X amount of STR. I bet you can't. You're talking out of your *** lol. You don't know ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 13:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Also, lol you still haven't refuted my previous post about the guy who was on your server and said you got out DD'd by a nin on birds.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 13:44:19
Link | Citer | R

I don't know who you're talking about.. So, I don't know what I'm refuting.. Maybe you should say the guys name so I can refute?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 13:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Barthalomew said:
I don't know who you're talking about.. So, I don't know what I'm refuting.. Maybe you should say the guys name so I can refute?
Name is irrelevant.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 13:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Actually, nah, would rather stay on the drakes topic. Going back to that, let's see if you actually know what a 50% str mod means and how much % of an increase adding X str to your build would add.

I say you don't know ***, so let's see if I'm right.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 13:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Name is completely irrelevant, though your attempt at a rebuttal would probably be hilarious. You've been consistently wrong throughout this discussion, one more time won't hurt... much.

I'm going to echo Vegetto's request though... I'm curious, I bet you can't do it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-02-22 13:51:23
Link | Citer | R

& What does this all have to do with BRD & COR in meripo ? , as far as I see the OP asked about COR vs BRD ;o .

Geez, you guys like to talk out of the topic every chance you get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 13:53:47
Link | Citer | R

Find me a forum where derails don't happen and I'll show you a forum that nobody posts in. Natural conversation flows the same way, it doesn't stay on topic forever.

Also, the OP was 10 months ago. Who cares?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 13:54:07
Link | Citer | R

As far as I see, the current discussion on hand is about bart talking out of his *** and not knowing ***. The cor vs brd stuff was back on page 1. If you're interested in that portion of the discussion, I'll kindly redirect you http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=2687
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 13:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Damage = WD * PDIF = (( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP) * PDIF

WD: Your total weapon damage

PDIF: Fuction of your attack versus a mobs defense

D: Your base damage

fSTR: Funciton of your STR versus a mobs VIT

fTP: Fucntion of TP

WSC: Your weaponskills secondary modifiers

WSC = floor(floor[(.16*100)+(.25*100)])*.83

According to FFXIclopedia, Greater Colibri’s have 67 VIT.

To calculate fSTR, the equation is as follows (for physical weapons):

fSTR = fSTR2/2

fSTR = (Your STR - Mob’s VIT+4)

Weapon Rank = floor(Weapon Damage/9)

WR = floor(95/9)

WR = 10.5

Now to determine fSTR(2) cap. There are lower and upper bound caps for fSTR and fSTR2.

fSTR lower = WR, fSTR upper = WR+8

fSTR2 lower = WR*2, fSTR2 upper = (WR+8)*2
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:00:00
Link | Citer | R

I didn't ask you to go to wiki and copy/paste from wiki. I asked you ti give me a number of how much of an increase some amount of str would be.

Again, this shows you don't know ***.

Ok, let's say you have 110 str. You add 12 str. The target is a lv 82 greater colibri (67 VIT)

How much of an increase is 122 STR vs a build that only has 110 str on the said target.

Also, you're a *** moron. Weapon rank rounds down. There is no such thing as 10.5 weapon rank.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-02-22 14:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Are you two really so bored with this game that you have nothing else to do but troll some idiot who demonstrably doesn't know two things about game mechanics?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Are you so bored w/ w/e you're doing that you have nothing else to do than comment on someone trolling someone who doesn't know two things about game mechanics?
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-22 14:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Are you two really so bored with this game that you have nothing else to do but troll some idiot who demonstrably doesn't know two things about game mechanics?

HEY! Leave them alone I am bored and this is at least entertaining!!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 14:02:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm so bored with what I am doing that I have nothing better to do then to comment on someone commenting on the fact that someone commented on the fact they have nothing better to do then to troll someone who doesn't know two things about game mechanics.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-22 14:02:44
Link | Citer | R

you ppl post WAY to fast for the rest of us to keep up with..
 Asura.Barthalomew
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-02-22 14:02:49
Link | Citer | R

No, you're a moron.. If you're at 100 dex there is no reason to stack more on. and.. *** aurum body of zahaks'.. you're killing yourself with that one.. 10 str vs 8 10 dex vs 8 and +3% crit hit rate.. doesn't zahak's support your argument more than aurum?
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-22 14:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Rumaha said:
I'm so bored with what I am doing that I have nothing better to do then to comment on someone commenting on the fact that someone commented on the fact they have nothing better to do then to troll someone who doesn't know two things about game mechanics.

Awesome.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 14:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Jesus ***, the amount of unnecessary ***in that post. Also found at least one error...

This question shouldn't even take 2 minutes, yeesh.
By semimmortal 2010-02-22 14:04:18
Link | Citer | R

This is actually quite educational really.
Had no idea how these work (not a DD per se, more of a mage~).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-22 14:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you're at 100 dex there is no reason to stack more on.

What's so special about 100 DEX? <_<
Quote:
*** aurum body of zahaks'.. you're killing yourself with that one.. 10 str vs 8 10 dex vs 8 and +3% crit hit rate.. doesn't zahak's support your argument more than aurum?

Only if you are considering the two in a vacuum. It's not Aurum vs Zahak's, it's Aurum + more Haste/Attack/potentially Accuracy during TP + -3% Delay vs Zahak's + 4%DA (TP)/2% DA (WS). I might have forgotten some stuff on top of that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 14:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
No, you're a moron.. If you're at 100 dex there is no reason to stack more on. and.. *** aurum body of zahaks'.. you're killing yourself with that one.. 10 str vs 8 10 dex vs 8 and +3% crit hit rate.. doesn't zahak's support your argument more than aurum?

dDEX caps at 50. Greater Colibri have 67 AGI. You need 117 DEX to cap critrate. Not 100 total. Good grief.

Also, this:
Quote:
WSC = floor(floor[(.16*100)+(.25*100)])*.83
Has no bearing on Drakesbane (as the terms do not even resemble Drakesbane's WSC) and you never actually formulated an answer.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 14:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
No, you're a moron..
Avoiding the math an 8 grader can do once again, I see.
Quote:
If you're at 100 dex there is no reason to stack more on.
A) that's wrong, it takes 117 dex to cap crit rate at colibri
B) You don't even have 100 dex in your build, idiot
Quote:
*** aurum body of zahaks'.. you're killing yourself with that one.. 10 str vs 8 10 dex vs 8 and +3% crit hit rate.. doesn't zahak's support your argument more than aurum?
We already went over this. Zhak is only better when your crit rate is not capped. When it is capped, they are sidegrades to each other. My crit rate is capped. Let's say my dex was 115 instead of 117, then I'd get the 3 AND 2 more from dex, making it 5% crit rate. Then you'd have a point, but guess what, I already hit crit cap, then it's just 2 str 3 crit vs 15 attack, which, like I said is a sidegrade

Also, where is your math? You've proven that you can copy/paste from wiki, but can you actually do it?

Also, 10.5 weapon rank? I have to laugh at this again, you truly don't know ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-22 14:07:07
Link | Citer | R

If you have 120 Colbert and the enemies Colbert rating is 80, you have 40 over, capping your Colberts. so OBVIOULSLY Semimmortal is win because he has a Colber avatar

So we can conclude that Colbert wins hands down in any situation
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-22 14:07:53
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

If you have 120 Colbert and the enemies Colbert rating is 80, you have 40 over, capping your Colberts. so OBVIOULSLY Semimmortal is win because he has a Colber avatar

That's a given though o_O
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-22 14:10:12
Link | Citer | R

This thread looks fun, whats going on in here.

Wait some one calling out Veg's maths...

/popcorn.
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-02-22 14:10:58
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

your wrong. i lost my SS's to prove it but..
hahaha fkn Spence
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10