How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 18:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
lol. Didnt mean to throw this off topic. And I was commenting on the egotistical part of Corres's post as a joke. And "Jews" made me lol.
It's on page six, as long as it's psuedo-intellectual it should be fine.

and corres don't get me started on your post...i'll be ready momentarily.
Ok. I'm ready.
as for how females behave in society, Corres do you get rejected much?
4 years in a relationship with my better half. nope it's definetly that side that got me in this topic.
I didn't say anything about getting rejected by any specific sex, pay attention! :D

Okay, Jet.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 18:34:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
lol. Didnt mean to throw this off topic. And I was commenting on the egotistical part of Corres's post as a joke. And "Jews" made me lol.

Ok. I'm ready.
4 years in a relationship with my better half. nope it's definetly that side that got me in this topic.
I didn't say anything about getting rejected by any specific sex, pay attention! :D

Okay, Jet.
Okay, Flion.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 18:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Ok. I'm ready.

Okay, Jet.
Okay, Flion.
<_< I'd rather be Flion than Jet. You definitely got the short end of the stick.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 18:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Ok. I'm ready.

Okay, Jet.
Okay, Flion.
<_< I'd rather be Flion than Jet. You definitely got the short end of the stick.
Since when am I Jet, Feiwong?
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2011-01-04 18:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 18:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Ok. I'm ready.

Quote:
why do people do the "marriage" even today?
total archaic thing that needs to be changed asap.
question followed by personal assertion, why even ask the question?
old fashioned views of this "holy" bond is stuck in our heads.

Quote:

is it because of the old fashioned idea of women that she will have her dream-marriage?
all women are the same.
can you please explain to me what women you know that didnt get on the typical "i'm a bride" feeling when they marry? yes of course there are a lot women who aren't that extreme when it comes to this but most ppl if man or women behave almost the same everytime when it comes to events like these.

to this stuff: yes it is alright to sum this up because in the masses the individual gets sucked under. We behave, act and talk like we ought to. even when we're rebellious. influence of the typical standard given by the modern society is everywhere.

pdf example

Quote:
whatever it is: marriage is useless in these times.
more opinion, didn't really provide a real reason as to what is wrong with the benefits of partnering past the typical! SO BARBARIC! IT SHOULD JUST GO AWAY BECAUSE IT'S BAD response.
i didnt say it should go away.

Quote:
to topic:
i guess it's an example they want to state here.
but on another side: guys breaks into mail account. Women goes to police and wants a trial. that *** really didn't like her husband anymore.

wether it's women or men snooking in privat stuff like that: idiots get what they deserve.
i agree, they do.

actually found something interesting to read:
if want read it recon Page edit: sry is page 17. so used to read the pagenumber from scaned in books....

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Ok. I'm ready.

and sorry about my previous post, my point of the matter is that you can try to analyze the behavior of others all you want, but sadly you are going to be doing a lot of asserting and assuming with something like that.
damn xD you got me there. seriously though the pdf i found is pretty interesting maybe gonna print it and read.

i don't see women neither man nor women all the same. of course not. But it seems so damn repetitive when you look at people. even if it's just your closest friends. and you can think of:" think of something new"

and we can talk stuff here and there but i hope you agree that stuff like posted in the op happens a lot. because that would underline just a little bit about typical selfish behaviour in certain situations like these. Whether it is man or women.

sry for doublepost.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 18:51:57
Link | Citer | R

if you want a logical reason as to why we still marry, look to the logical reason we celebrate xmas, valentines days and many other major holidays :D

there's a lot of things in todays society that may have fallen far from it's core meaning, does it mean that it's meaningless?
to some yes, but also to some it has not.
and i'd imagine people would be getting pissed and start hooting and hollering about getting their rights taken away if it any of the previously mentioned items were removed in any way.
 Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 18:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
if you want a logical reason as to why we still marry, look to the logical reason we celebrate xmas, valentines days and many other major holidays :D
that is really odd. because i celebrate christmas even though i am not even baptized. so there is a certain "thing" to it. and i guess it is too hard for everyone to let go of it. and yes including me i like spending time with family on christams eve.

yes stuff can be analyzed any day but does that alter the behaviour of citizens in certain situations or events? don't think so.

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

there's a lot of things in todays society that may have fallen far from it's core meaning, does it mean that it's meaningless?
to some yes, but also to some it has not.
and i'd imagine people would be getting pissed and start hooting and hollering about getting their rights taken away if it any of the previously mentioned items were removed in any way.
sure thing.

and: yes my poss above were kinda selfish. had to reread them couple of times. sometimes important stuff gets out of sight and then you sound like a total jerk. so i apologize for those posts brecause they were far from being objective.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 18:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
that is really odd. because i celebrate christmas even though i am not even baptized. so there is a certain "thing" to it. and i guess it is too hard for everyone to let go of it. and yes including me i like spending time with family on christams eve.

yes stuff can be analyzed any day but does that alter the behaviour of citizens in certain situations or events? don't think so.
lol you didn't get to what i was hinting at.
the logical reason for all of these things is quite obvious.

Ragnarok.Corres
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 19:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

my guess is that i dont count money that big of an issue when it comes to social interactions between modern humans. whether they are relationship-wise or not. but i guess i got on the wrong track anyways xD.

yeah you're right on that money part from that point of view.
 Sylph.Cossack
Serveur: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-01-04 19:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:

Apples are good though!

...and we thought enough of you guys to share. :(

I'll eat your apples Kail, just don't call the law on me.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-05 01:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

my guess is that i dont count money that big of an issue when it comes to social interactions between modern humans. whether they are relationship-wise or not. but i guess i got on the wrong track anyways xD.

meh. monetary gain or w/e.
same old same old been that way for centuries.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-05 09:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
meh. monetary gain or w/e.
same old same old been that way for centuries.

I got married for the dowry and the hype.

It has little to do with a natural longing for deep physical and intellectual intimacy. I'd say, it's more about greeting cards, jewelry commercials and romantic comedies than anything else.

Not to mention, the 12 goats, 4 cows and 2 alpacas (a breeding pair!) have been a great addition to my apartment.

Edit: Just reread this and thought it might be possible to miss the sarcasm. So, /sarcasm.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 09:54:15
Link | Citer | R

You get a wife so that you don't have to do Christmas and gift shopping, right? She remembers all the birthdays and cards while you make the money for that.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-05 10:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
You get a wife so that you don't have to do Christmas and gift shopping, right? She remembers all the birthdays and cards while you make the money for that.

^Truth
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-05 10:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Titan.Wombat said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:
The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :( I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P
... comes from a long time of schooltime ith typical female raising (all evil things happened are male-made; it's perverted when you watch a elementary history and the teacher (mostly female do this) and she knocks down every little thing to be male that is evil.) getting raised without a father and so on and so on. what can we blame the guys for when we didn't have a role model cuz the *** kept getting new men? seriously though, imagine a man that had a first wife. he got a kid with her and left her with the kid. got a second wife that was drunk most of the times and beat the kids and even beat him. he left her and got a third one. everything was fine... till he got bored and started an affair with his ex second wife. she gets now sued due to breaking into his email account. i don't know i find both versions the real and this one extremely stupid and whoever is taking the side of the women is 1. a person that hides something himsel/herself (defending position: oh my goerd, no way he did that) 2. stressed up off the other gender. 3. extremely egoistic. last point is pretty much fitting for today's women. (don't know you so this is an assumption) about that part with elementary school history lessons: i wrote my finals about something comparable to that school situation, so if wanna go deeper in that matter i need to make some coffee.
/clap /truth I blame TV. and the sad part, its really probably TV's fault. >.>
who makes TV?
... the Jews?
nahhhh they just make what plays on the TVs. i just don't know how someone can blame TV. it's always something. if not television it's something else IMO. gotta blame ***on something don't we :P
as you may have read i do not give the fault to one factor. please read again. and please tell me what is so selfish in that post?

Huh? Selfish. When did I say selfish. I was pointing at the ego comment. Please read again. And it was a funny. You know, joke. Lighten up. :)

Edit: Opps I read the post with the selfish. Wasnt directed at me. my badskie!
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-05 10:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:

hehehe. do they make that in all black?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-05 11:24:35
Link | Citer | R

I have to admit that i TL;DR most of this thread but from skimming over mostly I just wanted to contribute.

Corres' comment seemed to spiral this into "why get married" etc. Regardless of how you feel about the institution of marriage or the traditions instilled within, here is my thought: It shouldn't be ok to cheat. Is Corres trying to say that "if he busted her via email and they WEREN'T married it would be ok"?
I mean obviously there shouldn't be any legal repercussion but if you want to *** around outside of your COMMITED relationship, and you don't have a prior agreement, you should only have two options. 1) leave the person you're with to pursue something else. 2) Discuss it with your significant other and come to an agreement or part ways.

Why are we debating the legitimacy of marriage over this topic? Are we saying that non-open relationships are outdated as well? I have to believe that somewhere in the world there are people who think if you commit to a long-term relationship that seeing other people is not ok unless discussed at the onset of the relationship. If you want to be with someone else then leave. It's that simple. Be an adult.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Alnitak
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Alnitak 2011-01-05 14:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:
The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :(

I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P

so uh yeah

can you quote some of this "misogyny" for me

cause i read through what i presume was the same thread you did and i didn't see any unvarnished hatred of women down the line, mostly annoyance for the specific woman in this story

a little light stereotyping here and there perhaps, certainly nothing "scary"

i think you didn't like what you read and pulling the gender card was easier than addressing it
[+]
 Carbuncle.Alnitak
By Carbuncle.Alnitak 2011-01-05 14:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:
Ridiculous.. She got caught and has actually managed to turn it around on him so that he's in the wrong.. If they had already been split up, it would have been one thing to go into her email.... But they're in the same damn house, still married and still both even using the same computer.

What's ridiculous about privacy? Stay the **** out of my emails. :P

The first part definitely has merit though. He was just an idiot about the confrontation, unfortunately.

there is a difference between snooping on someone's email for the hell of it

and reading someone's emails when you have probable cause to believe your kids are in danger

it's illegal to punch someone for the hell of it

but if you punch someone mugging an old lady, it's doubtful you are going to be in trouble

***be situational, you can't mindlessly apply the law to the letter down the line

as far as how he confronted her, it wasn't nearly as stupid as your suggestion, walking in on someone with a history of violence, if there was a fight, no matter the outcome, no matter who started it, they could tie you up in A/B charges for a long time
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2011-01-05 14:33:28
Link | Citer | R

All I got out of this thread was blah, blah, blah, threesome!, blah, blah, blah.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-05 14:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
All I got out of this thread was blah, blah, blah, threesome!, blah, blah, blah.
I missed something.
 Diabolos.Megatron
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-01-05 14:52:29
Link | Citer | R

as a male who has been married for 18 years. you get almost no privicy. hell you some times cant even go to the bathroom without them following you to anoy you. if your going to get married. that is your choice. you choose to create a bond and to share everything. you expect it.

now me and my wife have 1 email address. just liek we have one postal addrress. 1 facebook and 1 myspace. 1 twitter. if my wife told me she had a email accout by her self i would ask why. what do you haveto hide from me? which is what this dudes problem was. he knew there must of been somethign she was hiding. so he out of curousity which is human nature. he simply opend her email and tada enough evidence to sink the titanic. he called her bluff.

and like the saying goes a woman scorned. she burned him via the courts. was it right or wrong. i personally dont care. if he didnt know what she was lke befroe they got married he sure as hell didn't know her after they got married. and its to late now casue what he just learned has him in deep crap.

plus what was she doing on the PC anyways she needs to get her butt back in the kitchen making my dinner.

thats almost as good as the one were a guy and his old lady get into a argument over him not wanting her ot read his facebook. and then she gets so pissed she stabs him. and get this she didnt go to jail!!!

heres the link
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/woman-stabs-boyfriend-over-facebook-page

p.s the kitchn lien was a joke. if u have no sence of humor a maggage is doomed to fail anyways. now get in ther woman chop chop daddys got seals to farm. cant do that on a empty tummy.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-05 14:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Megatron said:
as a male who has been married for 18 years. you get almost no privicy. hell you some times cant even go to the bathroom without them following you to anoy you. if your going to get married. that is your choice. you choose to create a bond and to share everything. you expect it. now me and my wife have 1 email address. just liek we have one postal addrress. 1 facebook and 1 myspace. 1 twitter. if my wife told me she had a email accout by her self i would ask why. what do you haveto hide from me? which is what this dudes problem was. he knew there must of been somethign she was hiding. so he out of curousity which is human nature. he simply opend her email and tada enough evidence to sink the titanic. he called her bluff. and like the saying goes a woman scorned. she burned him via the courts. was it right or wrong. i personally dont care. if he didnt know what she was lke befroe they got married he sure as hell didn't know her after they got married. and its to late now casue what he just learned has him in deep crap. plus what was she doing on the PC anyways she needs to get her butt back in the kitchen making my dinner.

Truer words were never spoken.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2011-01-05 15:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
I missed something.

Was on the first or second page. Someone said something about walking in on their significant other cheating and said something "and hey, you never know a threesome may come out of it!" or something like that.

I'm just not that motivated to go back and find/post what was said exactly, but it's there.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-05 15:24:05
Link | Citer | R

or you can just practice polygamy!

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7