How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 10:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
Thought this was interesting:
Quote:
Leon Walker was Clara Walker's third husband. Her e-mail showed she was having an affair with her second husband, a man who once had been arrested for beating her in front of her small son. Leon Walker, worried that the child might be exposed to domestic violence again, handed the e-mails over to the child's father, Clara Walker's first husband. He promptly filed an emergency motion to obtain custody.

Read more: Is reading wife's e-mail a crime? Rochester Hills man faces trial | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101226/NEWS03/12260530/Is-reading-wife-s-e-mail-a-crime?-Rochester-Hills-man-faces-trial#ixzz1A5B9IcNg

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Did she really leave her passwords next to the computer? If so, I can't see them having a leg to stand on about privacy. She openly left the information in plain sight. She forfeited her privacy on her own.

Yeah, that's what he is saying. Though, he's an IT guy or something, so the prosecution is, of course, accusing him of being a "hacker."
holy moly, now that gets interesting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-04 10:20:13
Link | Citer | R

I very much believe that she had the password saved on Internet Explorer.

[+]
 Cerberus.Najla
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2011-01-04 10:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Her e-mail showed she was having an affair with her second husband, a man who once had been arrested for beating her in front of her small son.

Read more: Is reading wife's e-mail a crime? Rochester Hills man faces trial | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101226/NEWS03/12260530/Is-reading-wife-s-e-mail-a-crime?-Rochester-Hills-man-faces-trial#ixzz1A5GkPdcT

As if we didn't know before, this pretty much proves she's an idiot.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-04 10:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
So since this is criminal and not civil, that means there's a DA involved right? I bet it's a woman <_<.

Quote:
Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper defended her decision to charge Leon Walker.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-01-04 10:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Didn't notice there was more. Edited my OP to put the whole article there.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-01-04 10:37:53
Link | Citer | R

... oh man read the edited op and now it makes sense....
i almost lost hope but this prooves a lot again.

thank you mankind for making something so stupid that big.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 10:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Wow, you can pretty much fill in the lines of this story..

The woman comes out of high school with her first husband and has a baby(possibly during high school). When she's older(though not any more mature), she "realizes what she's missed out on in life" and has a fling with her attractive, sensual, yet poor second husband. She realizes he's broke and that being with him will be a life of squalor so she starts dating online. She finds a nerd who treats her right, but doesn't fulfill her sexually so she returns to her second husband for that.

When caught, she now needs a way to get husband 1's child, husband 2's passion, and husband 3's money.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 10:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
So since this is criminal and not civil, that means there's a DA involved right? I bet it's a woman <_<.

Quote:
Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper defended her decision to charge Leon Walker.
I kinda figured it was a woman.. I don't think the prosecutor's name had been given before the edit though. If by some chance it was already there, I just missed it all together.
 Asura.Werdxi
Serveur: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-01-04 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

This situation makes me pretty upset. Not the wife. After all, its not her fault she's a total ***. She cant help it. Stupid people are after all, stupid. I am upset at the douchefag that willingly defended her in court.
[+]
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-04 10:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:

Quote:
I kinda figured it was a woman.. I don't think the prosecutor's name had been given before the edit though. If by some chance it was already there, I just missed it all together.

No, I quoted it from the article on another post. Then I remembered your speculation, so I thought I would connect the dots =P
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 10:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Werdxi said:
This situation makes me pretty upset. Not the wife. After all, its not her fault she's a total ***. She cant help it. Stupid people are after all, stupid. I am upset at the douchefag that willingly defended her in court.
I blame the DA, they're ultimately the ones who decide whether to move a case through the court system or not.
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-04 11:04:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Werdxi said:
I blame the DA, they're ultimately the ones who decide whether to move a case through the court system or not.

I blame the kid. I mean, it's not the woman's fault she got pregnant so young and has commitment issues. If he hadn't of come along, there wouldn't of been any problems in her life whatsoever. (Sarcasm)

Ninja edit: Apparently this needed to be added as some people have trouble detecting sarcasm over the internet (Editor's note: We really need a sarcasm font/characterization for text. Less confusion.)
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 11:09:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Asura.Werdxi said:

I blame the kid. I mean, it's not the woman's fault she got pregnant so young and has commitment issues. If he hadn't of come along, there wouldn't of been any problems in her life whatsoever.
<insert overused bird/fry 'i see what you did there' meme.jpg here>
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-04 11:09:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Asura.Werdxi said:
I blame the kid. I mean, it's not the woman's fault she got pregnant so young and has commitment issues. If he hadn't of come along, there wouldn't of been any problems in her life whatsoever.
wow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-04 11:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oddin said:
Asura.Werdxi said:

I blame the doctor who helped her through labor! If he was incapable, she would have never had that child!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:13:25
Link | Citer | R

Oakland tax payers money at work!
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-04 11:16:30
Link | Citer | R

If the district attorney's office has time and resources to prosecute this absurd case, then that municipality needs to trim the fat off its budget.

Aren't their some potholes in town to be fixed? Or maybe buy a couple new garbage trucks?

Seriously, if the prosecutor pushes for this to be tried in court, s/he should be fired, immediately.

If two people have legally married, and live together, in the same dwelling, share laundry, dishes, and a bedroom, and share the same material possessions, including a computer, it is absolutely absurd that a husband could be jailed for looking at her email.

If he had stolen money from her personal bank account, defamed her publicly with illicit photos, or used her email account to send harassing messages or malware, THEN there might be some sort of criminal case. But reading her emails and finding out she's having an affair? The only criminal here is the woman ... the crime of being stupid. Why the hell would someone save incriminating email in their mailbox unless she is just plain stupid, or is trying to get caught.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
If the district attorney's office has time and resources to prosecute this absurd case, then that municipality needs to trim the fat off its budget.

Aren't their some potholes in town to be fixed? Or maybe buy a couple new garbage trucks?

Seriously, if the prosecutor pushes for this to be tried in court, s/he should be fired, immediately.

If two people have legally married, and live together, in the same dwelling, share laundry, dishes, and a bedroom, and share the same material possessions, including a computer, it is absolutely absurd that a husband could be jailed for looking at her email.

If he had stolen money from her personal bank account, defamed her publicly with illicit photos, or used her email account to send harassing messages or malware, THEN there might be some sort of criminal case. But reading her emails and finding out she's having an affair? The only criminal here is the woman ... the crime of being stupid. Why the hell would someone save incriminating email in their mailbox unless she is just plain stupid, or is trying to get caught.
If it's not wasted on this it's going to be wasted on something else in the judicial system IMO.
I don't think the financial allotments work that way(bolded)

but yes, the terms of privacy and marriage have some pretty blurred lines.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-04 11:25:53
Link | Citer | R

If the district attorney's office has time and resources to prosecute this absurd case, then that municipality needs to trim the fat off its budget. Aren't their some potholes in town to be fixed? Or maybe buy a couple new garbage trucks? Seriously, if the prosecutor pushes for this to be tried in court, s/he should be fired, immediately. If two people have legally married, and live together, in the same dwelling, share laundry, dishes, and a bedroom, and share the same material possessions, including a computer, it is absolutely absurd that a husband could be jailed for looking at her email. If he had stolen money from her personal bank account, defamed her publicly with illicit photos, or used her email account to send harassing messages or malware, THEN there might be some sort of criminal case. But reading her emails and finding out she's having an affair? The only criminal here is the woman ... the crime of being stupid. Why the hell would someone save incriminating email in their mailbox unless she is just plain stupid, or is trying to get caught.
I agree.

This is the kinda crap you see on all those damn judge shows. Sick Judge Judy on her *** for being so stupid.

If this guy goes to jail then surely the "Justice" system has failed once again. I think it needs an overhaul and a new name.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Privacy in a marriage? Those two words should not be in the same sentence together!

Forealz though, *** the judicial system if that man get jail time for that and also *** THAT CORRUPTED *** OF A WOMAN!!!!

She really isn't human if that's what's important to her.

/sigh...
o.o
good old mab rants with the dancing around with words and whatnot.

Bahamut.Zorander said:
If the district attorney's office has time and resources to prosecute this absurd case, then that municipality needs to trim the fat off its budget. Aren't their some potholes in town to be fixed? Or maybe buy a couple new garbage trucks? Seriously, if the prosecutor pushes for this to be tried in court, s/he should be fired, immediately. If two people have legally married, and live together, in the same dwelling, share laundry, dishes, and a bedroom, and share the same material possessions, including a computer, it is absolutely absurd that a husband could be jailed for looking at her email. If he had stolen money from her personal bank account, defamed her publicly with illicit photos, or used her email account to send harassing messages or malware, THEN there might be some sort of criminal case. But reading her emails and finding out she's having an affair? The only criminal here is the woman ... the crime of being stupid. Why the hell would someone save incriminating email in their mailbox unless she is just plain stupid, or is trying to get caught.
I agree.

This is the kinda crap you see on all those damn judge shows. Sick Judge Judy on her *** for being so stupid.

If this guy goes to jail then surely the "Justice" system has failed once again. I think it needs an overhaul and a new name.

and you think a TV judge is the choice?
lol.

i think a lot more than the judicial system need an overhaul :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2011-01-04 11:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i wonder how he got her password

ill tell you at the end of this post.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Key logger maybe or just guessed it since they were married.

well well its a legitimate guess

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

i'd find it funnier if he just asked her

Not rlly funny :/

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
She probably used an easy password like her maiden name or her favorite show or something and he seemed to have got it right.

are you *** kidding me, the OP doesnt know and he found the article?

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Actually scratch all that.

My guess, she had auto login enabled.

ok this one is a funny

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
She probably used an easy password like her maiden name or her favorite show or something and he seemed to have got it right.

if u use those as your passwords you deserve someone else looking through your emails
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

Actually scratch all that.

My guess, she had auto login enabled.

if that's the case she shouldn't blame him at all

it loads up when he goes to the webpage and he sees a shady email about a hotel i mean he has all the right in that case

someone didn't catch it was a funny....

Gilgamesh.Dionel said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
She left a small book with passwords next to the computer.

OH MAN! this *** guy wrote the answer on the THIRD page.... typical ffxiah thread where everyone blablas on a subject on which they prob just read the headlines instead of the whole article.

I find it funny that he is being accused of hacking for reading a password outta a book. Tho the passwords being in the book are his claim, this may just be to drop the hacking suspicions.

ninja edit: yeah i started writing/quoting this before i read that someoen came up with the anser on the 3rd page, but well... still went with it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 11:28:32
Link | Citer | R

Guess she needs to start working on Husband #4: The judge/jury(husbands #5+) to keep her out of trouble.

#1: Child/Genetics
#2: Sex/Passion
#3: Money
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:29:07
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook said:
can you share some of that dank with me broham?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2011-01-04 11:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

youll be disappointed, its actually plain normal peter jackson's cancer sticks.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Dank tastes nasty as the fux and doesn't do anything except give you a spinning head.
pfeh who said anything about tasting it :P

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

youll be disappointed, its actually plain normal peter jackson's cancer sticks.
gah i already gotes some of thoseses.
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-04 11:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Wow, she's nuts. Or else I am just way too lax. I give my husband the password to my computer and email so he can fix anything I break while I'm at school. Hecks, I even forward half of my emails from the University to him because they involve stuff both of us should know. He has my password to log Liela into FFXI if he needs me while I am at school. And if I am busy and my phone rings, I ask him to answer it for me, or at least check who's calling. If I get a text and my hands are full or I'm busy, I'll usually ask him to check it and tell me who it was and what they wanted.

Then again, I have nothing to hide and would never betray him. So, I guess that was her problem. If she hadn't been cheating, she probably wouldn't have cared at all.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-04 11:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said:
Its not only in marriage... Drivers insureance men get higher rates just for being a man as an example...

I'm all for gender equality but I wana see some real equality not equal on the good stuff but still getting treated better on everything else.

It's not random, genius, and it's not because insurance companies hate men - it's based on how often various groups of people get into accidents. Teenagers get into more accidents than adults = higher raters. That kind of thing.

Or maybe everyone should just pay more?

Edit, on topic: This seems like a complete waste, and that it's a criminal trial rather than a civil on is just obnoxious. Obviously she wasn't happy in the marriage - I can't really comment on the overall health of the relationship, but w/e - and if this did anything to help bring along the end of that relationship, she should be relieved.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7