How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
How Much Privacy Should You Expect In A Marriage?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-04 11:56:29
Link | Citer | R

She's not nuts. She's a ***. She got caught with her hand in the cookie jar and she's trying to turn the whole thing on her husband because she was caught. Her aim is for some sort of retribution for his actions even though she got exactly what she deserved.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 11:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Is it illegal to check your spouse's actual mail that comes to your mailbox?

I mean, if it's a bill in the guy's name, of course no one would care if the wife opened it. But how about a personal letter from their parents? I dunno, I don't personally think it's a violation, but I guess some states may have a law against it.

Obviously the woman didn't care about the "sanctity of marriage" and shouldn't have even bothered getting married in the first place if she wasn't going to change at all(other than use his money).
 Phoenix.Meldity
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Meldity
By Phoenix.Meldity 2011-01-04 11:56:59
Link | Citer | R

USA is the land of where everyone gets married and everyone gets divorced(recorded divorce rates above 50%). Reading articles like this make me question why marriage is available in the first place. Blows my *** mind. Have you ever thought about marriage with someone you really cared about? The problems that come from it are almost infinite and you'll lose almost every time(and everything) in almost every situation because you never wanted to hurt him/her despite what is happening. Suddenly they're not the same person you know anymore and they will take everything from you.

Not to sound cynical but i would rather murder my spouse seeing how unreliable the law really is.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 12:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Asura.Ina said:
Its not only in marriage... Drivers insureance men get higher rates just for being a man as an example...

I'm all for gender equality but I wana see some real equality not equal on the good stuff but still getting treated better on everything else.

It's not random, genius, and it's not because insurance companies hate men - it's based on how often various groups of people get into accidents. Teenagers get into more accidents than adults = higher raters. That kind of thing.

Or maybe everyone should just pay more?

Edit, on topic: This seems like a complete waste, and that it's a criminal trial rather than a civil on is just obnoxious. Obviously she wasn't happy in the marriage - I can't really comment on the overall health of the relationship, but w/e - and if this did anything to help bring along the end of that relationship, she should be relieved.
yeah but she wants all of his money, not just some of it....
>.>
<.<
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-04 12:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Is it illegal to check your spouse's actual mail that comes to your mailbox?

I mean, if it's a bill in the guy's name, of course no one would care if the wife opened it. But how about a personal letter from their parents? I dunno, I don't personally think it's a violation, but I guess some states may have a law against it.

Obviously the woman didn't care about the "sanctity of marriage" and shouldn't have even bothered getting married in the first place if she wasn't going to change at all(other than use his money).

Source.

Yes it is illegal for your spouse to open mail NOT addressed to them and according to Michigan law (keeping it relevant to the story) can be punishable with a fine and/or up to 5 years in prison.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Wombat
Serveur: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-04 12:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Asura.Ina said:
Its not only in marriage... Drivers insureance men get higher rates just for being a man as an example...
I'm all for gender equality but I wana see some real equality not equal on the good stuff but still getting treated better on everything else.
It's not random, genius, and it's not because insurance companies hate men - it's based on how often various groups of people get into accidents. Teenagers get into more accidents than adults = higher raters. That kind of thing.
Or maybe everyone should just pay more?
Edit, on topic: This seems like a complete waste, and that it's a criminal trial rather than a civil on is just obnoxious. Obviously she wasn't happy in the marriage - I can't really comment on the overall health of the relationship, but w/e - and if this did anything to help bring along the end of that relationship, she should be relieved.
yeah but she wants all of his money, not just some of it....
>.>
<.<

I think it's likely more related to the custody dispute with the first husband at this point. If the third husband's actions are found to be criminal, then the evidence that she is sleeping with her dangerous, abusive second husband can't be used against her in the custody battle.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 12:10:56
Link | Citer | R

"You opened your Christmas gift early!?! 5 years in prison!"

Just make sure you don't marry anyone who's Lawful Good in the United States. You'll be in prison for doing the most innocuous of things.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 12:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Most of America does not understand how far their problems reach, most kids nowadays are not being raised to care about the most simplistic of realities such as honor and trust, which means in a society or a country it will do everything but go upwards.

Yeah, but too much honor is ridiculous. ie. Honor killings in the Middle East or how Honor Suicides were in Japan.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 12:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Most of America does not understand how far their problems reach, most kids nowadays are not being raised to care about the most simplistic of realities such as honor and trust, which means in a society or a country it will do everything but go upwards.
Yeah, but too much honor is ridiculous. ie. Honor killings in the Middle East or how Honor Suicides were in Japan.

EDIT: Sorry for double post.
Indeed, too much of anything can be fatal and none of it can give the same effect.
Honor still exists, our country just likes to replace the word "honor" with patriotism, which allows one to act without honor lol.
you can do no evil in the eyes of patriotism unless you are being unpatriotic.
Which is actually something that is typically decided upon you by your peers in a time of questioning it lol.

But I would go on a train of subjectivity at this point so I'll end it here.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 12:27:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Yeah, but too much honor is ridiculous. ie. Honor killings in the Middle East or how Honor Suicides were in Japan. EDIT: Sorry for double post.
Indeed, too much of anything can be fatal and none of it can give the same effect.
Honor still exists, our country just likes to replace the word "honor" with patriotism, which allows one to act without honor lol. you can do no evil in the eyes of patriotism unless you are being unpatriotic. Which is actually something that is typically decided upon you by your peers in a time of questioning it lol. But I would go on a train of subjectivity at this point so I'll end it here.

As per The Count of Monte Cristo - "In the end, treason is a matter of dates."
 Titan.Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-04 12:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Meldity said:
USA is the land of where everyone gets married and everyone gets divorced(recorded divorce rates above 50%). Reading articles like this make me question why marriage is available in the first place. Blows my *** mind. Have you ever thought about marriage with someone you really cared about? The problems that come from it are almost infinite and you'll lose almost every time(and everything) in almost every situation because you never wanted to hurt him/her despite what is happening. Suddenly they're not the same person you know anymore and they will take everything from you.

Not to sound cynical but i would rather murder my spouse seeing how unreliable the law really is.

The 50% divorce rate is the number of marriages that end in divorce. It is not the number of people who get married and end up divorced.

The reason this is important is because of how many people in this country go through marriages like cars--getting a new one every five to ten years, instead of taking care of the one they have from the time they get it.

Take the woman in this story for example. She is one person who has gotten a divorce, however, she has had three divorces so far. The 50% of marriages ending in divorce doesn't mean what most people think it does. It is not the case that 50% of people who get married end up divorced.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-04 12:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

^This x3

Think how bad its going to be when those very children grow up and have kids. (Im talking to you kids that can sing the latest rap song, but could not tell you what a verb is) In general, the baby boomers marked the end of a civilization with true values.

To marriage being archaic: No its not archaic at all. Its the people who are getting married that need to change. This stems from the values that we are being taught. People rarely get married for love anymore.

But on topic. *** got caught cheating. There is no denying. She has been in 2 previous marriages. The book with the password was next to the computer. This trail is a joke. If this woman wins anything, I wouldnt really lose hope in the system, b/c I have already lost hope.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2011-01-04 12:40:17
Link | Citer | R

The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :(

I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-04 12:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i wonder how he got her password
Key logger maybe or just guessed it since they were married.

In the article he stated that she kept a black book next to the computer with all her passwords in it. Not really an expectation of privacy.

He found the emails and gave them to the first husband (this guy was number 3) because of potential child abuse. I'm not seeing anything in this article on why the DA is pressing charges.

Makes me wonder exactly why they are and what facts we are missing.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-04 12:48:25
Link | Citer | R

Hatred of women? I think not. Hatred of this type of woman, yes. The type of person, man or woman, that builds a web of lies and uses and abuses everyone around them for their own benefit; that person can go *** jump off a cliff.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2011-01-04 12:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
In the article he stated that she kept a black book next to the computer with all her passwords in it. Not really an expectation of privacy. He found the emails and gave them to the first husband (this guy was number 3) because of potential child abuse. I'm not seeing anything in this article on why the DA is pressing charges. Makes me wonder exactly why they are and what facts we are missing.
Because it is not his email account and the DA are calling it hacking since he took her password without permission and looked into her account.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-04 12:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:
The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :(

I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P

I'm assuming that most males posting are not married or are divorced because they all sound kind of bitter.

Don't get married if you don't want to, don't have kids if you don't want to, and don't get married JUST BECAUSE you have kids together (so not a good reason). It's like any big decision you should think about it before jumping in with both feet and then crying after a short period that it wasn't everything you expected.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 12:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:

and sugar!

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

I'm assuming that most males posting are not married or are divorced because they all sound kind of bitter.

Don't get married if you don't want to, don't have kids if you don't want to, and don't get married JUST BECAUSE you have kids together (so not a good reason). It's like any big decision you should think about it before jumping in with both feet and then crying after a short period that it wasn't everything you expected.

*** U ME, lots of that going on it seems.

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2011-01-04 12:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Kailana said:

I wouldn't take it personally; it's all for the "lulz."

I think most people treat sexism in similar ways to racism. It's become so taboo to think positively of such prejudiced mindsets that it is now edgy to feign them.

Not that I'd expect you to follow any of this, seeing as you're a woman and all =D
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 12:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Wombat said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

I wouldn't take it personally; it's all for the "lulz."

I think most people treat sexism in similar ways to racism. It's become so taboo to think positively of such prejudiced mindsets that it is now edgy to feign them.

Not that I'd expect you to follow any of this, seeing as you're a woman and all =D
Pffff women can't post on the internet you silly goose.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-01-04 12:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:
The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :( I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P
I'm assuming that most males posting are not married or are divorced because they all sound kind of bitter. Don't get married if you don't want to, don't have kids if you don't want to, and don't get married JUST BECAUSE you have kids together (so not a good reason). It's like any big decision you should think about it before jumping in with both feet and then crying after a short period that it wasn't everything you expected.

You're right, those men(possibly barring the first since no doubt they were really young and he probably didn't know better at the time) shouldn't have married her knowing how she was. It's best to leave this type of person(man or woman) alone and barren so that they can't fester society.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-04 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Dionel said:
Bahamut.Kara said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
In the article he stated that she kept a black book next to the computer with all her passwords in it. Not really an expectation of privacy. He found the emails and gave them to the first husband (this guy was number 3) because of potential child abuse. I'm not seeing anything in this article on why the DA is pressing charges. Makes me wonder exactly why they are and what facts we are missing.
Because it is not his email account and the DA are calling it hacking since he took her password without permission and looked into her account.

hmm....not really sure how that will stand up in court.
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

and sugar!

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

*** U ME, lots of that going on it seems.

Yea well I just finished a statistics exam...so sue me. So many assumptions when doing that ***.
 Ramuh.Kailana
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2011-01-04 13:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:
The misogyny in this thread scares the ***out of me. lol XD Apparently I have to see people in different light now. :( I have learned one thing from it though, apparently being a woman means I am pure evil and spite. :P
I'm assuming that most males posting are not married or are divorced because they all sound kind of bitter. Don't get married if you don't want to, don't have kids if you don't want to, and don't get married JUST BECAUSE you have kids together (so not a good reason). It's like any big decision you should think about it before jumping in with both feet and then crying after a short period that it wasn't everything you expected.

I dunno why it's being posted the way it is, I stopped posting around page 2 or 3 somewhere, cuz the comments weren't just aimed at this type of woman, but rather, women in general. XD

For a woman, that's a bit of a turnoff. I know men can relate, I remember Ryd was on a manhating tear and a lot of males gave her a ton of ***for it. :P
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 13:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said:

Yea well I just finished a statistics exam...so sue me. So many assumtions when doing that ***.
looking at this thread I think I might take you up on that offer :P

Ramuh.Kailana said:
Bahamut.Kara said:
Ramuh.Kailana said:

I dunno why it's being posted the way it is, I stopped posting around page 2 or 3 somewhere, cuz the comments weren't just aimed at this type of woman, but rather, women in general. XD

For a woman, that's a bit of a turnoff. I know men can relate, I remember Ryd was on a manhating tear and a lot of males gave her a ton of ***for it. :P
as long as you don't fit the qualifications of what they assume I'd say you should be fine.

For most when talking trash I've seen it's easier to just out a whole group and when they get down to specifics they have a hard time keeping up with the BS unless they are a POS.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-04 13:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

Yea well I just finished a statistics exam...so sue me. So many assumtions when doing that ***.

ha.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-01-04 13:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Kara said:

Reminds me that time where the admin of GameFAQS, CJayC, said "Mark my words" in a statement and one of the moderators modded him for "Mod Baiting".

Historic moment right there.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7