Why Do You Celebrate?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why do you celebrate?
Why do you celebrate?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
another reason as to why you're a ***.

Hypocritical much? I'm pretty sure walking up to a Christian minding his/her own business and calling him/her delusional is considered a *** move sonny boy.

if a christian is minding their own business, I would have no way of knowing they are a christian.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:36:31
Link | Citer | R

That trailer is an insult to every viewer's intelligence regardless of your views on it. I facepalmed verily.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Hypocritical much? I'm pretty sure walking up to a Christian minding his/her own business and calling him/her delusional is considered a *** move sonny boy.

if a christian is minding their own business, I would have no way of knowing they are a christian.

So if someone is wearing a cross or a Clergy shirt and collar you wouldn't know they're Christian?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Need to clarify this I guess then..

So..

Stomping out religion - good. its not a lack of tolerance and understanding, its just what seems like the best thing to do.

Nativity scenes - bad. get that ***away from my children it's terrible and a horrible influence. that goddamn baby jesus is smoking the pot i bet.

Merry Christmas Holidays everyone. :)

giving tolerance and understanding to a thing that is in itself intolerant and doesn't allow understanding is a "good" thing?

religious agenda being allowed to be pursued through the use of public property is definitely not a good thing.

where does "pot" come into this?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:39:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Need to clarify this I guess then..

So..

Stomping out religion - good. its not a lack of tolerance and understanding, its just what seems like the best thing to do.

Nativity scenes - bad. get that ***away from my children it's terrible and a horrible influence. that goddamn baby jesus is smoking the pot i bet.

Merry Christmas Holidays everyone. :)

lmfao
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
100% relevant to this thread. Also a great source of lulz.

Bumping for lulz.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:40:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

So if someone is wearing a cross or a Clergy shirt and collar you wouldn't know they're Christian?

I will ignore them, but if they bring up religion to me I'll shove it back down their throat.

not giving things that don't deserve respect =/= going up to somebody and starting ***.

Also you shouldn't judge a book by it's bag.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:41:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I will ignore them, but if they bring up religion to me I'll shove it back down their throat.

not giving things that don't deserve respect =/= going up to somebody and starting ***.

Well that's rather contradictory to what you've said before.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I was being sarcastic.

Why are you bullshitting everyone? XD You don't give a ***about public property or tax dollars, you hate this stuff because of your generic view on how bad religion is for us.

You're trying to back your point with something that sounds more legit but the deeper issue is just your personal opinion that's very much against people believing what they want because it seems so stupid to you.

Also this.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2010-12-23 03:42:29
Link | Citer | R

I celebrate because Jesus was a Carpenter, and I find it Ironic that he died on a piece of wood.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:
100% relevant to this thread. Also a great source of lulz.

Bumping for lulz.

"Christians happen to have started the united states of america"

shows the ignorance from the viewpoint of that video, and quite frankly it's sad.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
I celebrate because Jesus was a Carpenter, and I find it Ironic that he died on a piece of wood.

lmao
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

where have I said I will go and intentionally start ***with somebody who isn't running at the mouth with delusional nonsense?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I was being sarcastic.

Why are you bullshitting everyone? XD You don't give a ***about public property or tax dollars, you hate this stuff because of your generic view on how bad religion is for us.

You're trying to back your point with something that sounds more legit but the deeper issue is just your personal opinion that's very much against people believing what they want because it seems so stupid to you.

my tax money going to support beliefs I don't hold is severely *** up, same can be said for the Jews, Muslims, etc. I have said from the start that I don't want this crap on public property, nor should anyone else, it should go on private property where it belongs.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Also I find it humorous that Alaska has the highest concentration of atheists in the US, according to polls.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

where have I said I will go and intentionally start ***with somebody who isn't running at the mouth with delusional nonsense?

You've implied it plenty of times.

I assume you'd also butt into a conversation that has nothing to do with you if they're talking about Christianity. How does it feel to be a stereotypical atheist that is essentially taking a giant step back for your cause.

I know plenty of atheists, yet you're the only one who imposes views. Good work on that one.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-12-23 03:49:35
Link | Citer | R

I do love Christmas. Its a warm feeling you have all the day and you can be with all your family members.

But these year Christmas will be sad.

1. My grandpa died a half year ago and cant stand with us. My Grandma will cry a lot because of first Christmas without him. :(

2. Since 31.08.10 i have a son. But the *** thats called his "Mother" dont let him see me. Yea you can say: He is just a half year old, that cant be so worse.
But for me its very sad. I realy realy realy wanna see him and stand by his side for his first Christmas :(

But i wish all of you a better Christmas. Have fun and be happy you can celebrate with your familiy
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Implications and assumptions mean nothing. I impose no views, short of I don't want it to be sociably acceptable for people to be idiots.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Heavendragon said:
I do love Christmas. Its a warm feeling you have all the day and you can be with all your family members.

1. My grandpa died a half year ago and cant stand with us. My Grandma will cry a lot because of first Christmas without him. :(

2. Since 31.08.10 i have a son. But the *** thats called his "Mother" dont let him see me. Yea you can say: He is just a half year old, that cant be so worse.
But for me its very sad. I realy realy realy wanna see him and stand by his side for his first Christmas :(

But i wish all of you a better Christmas. Have fun and be happy you can celebrate with your familiy

I'm sorry dude :( I hope you manage to see your son soon, that must be tough. Christmas can be the happiest and hardest time of the year :(
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:53:00
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Heavendragon said:

/comfort.
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-23 04:01:38
Link | Citer | R

The government should NEVER be in the business of promoting religion, period.

And if you're going to start the "atheism is a belief/religion" thing, please read the following link and refute the points, one by one. If you can do so, with any rationale, I will happily be convinced:

http://atheism.about.com/od/definitionofatheism/p/AtheismReligion.htm

Bart, I know what you're saying about it being a minor expense, but just like in real life, changes have to start with small steps. The government should be secular. It's only because it tips in favor of Christianity that it's acceptable...if it tipped toward Islam, I guarantee the citizenry would be up in arms about every penny. 8)

Edited to add: In fact, I encourage all of you who claim atheism is a religion to read the link. I have been visiting the site for over 10 years, so I can assure you it is safe. If you can refute his points, then honestly, I will be convinced. 8)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 04:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
The government should NEVER be in the business of promoting religion, period.

And if you're going to start the "atheism is a belief/religion" thing, please read the following link and refute the points, one by one. If you can do so, with any rationale, I will happily be convinced:

http://atheism.about.com/od/definitionofatheism/p/AtheismReligion.htm

Bart, I know what you're saying about it being a minor expense, but just like in real life, changes have to start with small steps. The government should be secular. It's only because it tips in favor of Christianity that it's acceptable...if it tipped toward Islam, I guarantee the citizenry would be up in arms about every penny. 8)

unfortunately some people think it's ok to use tax money to promote their faith.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 04:06:16
Link | Citer | R

and the level of infraction it is, is irrelevant, it's part of a bigger problem, kind of like how the Boy Scouts ban gays and atheists when they receive public funding and support.
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-23 04:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
and the level of infraction it is, is irrelevant, it's part of a bigger problem, kind of like how the Boy Scouts ban gays and atheists when they receive public funding and support.

Yes, if they are entirely privately funded, sadly, discrimination would be their right. Fortunately, I see more stories now about how places won't rent their halls out to the BS because they have "anti-discrimination" policies. The BS will hopefully have to change their rules eventually, since of course, it would be ENTIRELY unacceptable if they were against Jews or blacks. The fact that it's still OK for them to discriminate against gays and atheists is a sad statement about how far we still have to go in our society.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 04:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Yes, if they are entirely privately funded, sadly, discrimination would be their right. Fortunately, I see more stories now about how places won't rent their halls out to the BS because they have "anti-discrimination" policies. The BS will hopefully have to change their rules eventually, since of course, it would be ENTIRELY unacceptable if they were against Jews or blacks. The fact that it's still OK for them to discriminate against gays and atheists is a sad statement about how far we still have to go in our society.
indeed, damn mormon church adding crazy rules in the 80's.
ha speaking of Boy Scouts I do miss it at times, but I was never good at knots. (I stopped going when I moved and never went back in)
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 04:26:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna start saying Christmahanukwanzakah at work now :3
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8