Why Do You Celebrate?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Why do you celebrate?
Why do you celebrate?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also I'm glad you toned down the insults to religious people Jet, at least I know you can be civil now that a mod stepped in.

I prefer to laugh in your face than to just laugh at you though. I'm sorry that you're too much of a pussy to be laughed at though, that you had to go be a cry-baby about it.

Well clearly you've learned that there's a way to debate religion and yours was wrong, otherwise you would still be consistently laughing in everyone faces.

Like I said, I'm glad you can be civil.

I disagree, and you and your kind deserve no civility, as you are not civil yourselves.

Then why are you acting more civil than before?
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:22:39
Link | Citer | R

I like cookies.
Gonna bake a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip with pecans & coconut this payday :3
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
inb4 you people?

What's "his kind"? lol o.0

Agnostics who enjoy nativity scenes, were a scourge.

lol.
 Asura.Silvaria
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2010-12-23 03:23:13
Link | Citer | R

Heh...well, as I said earlier...when religious people are OK with being forced to subsidize atheist symbolism on public property, maybe we atheists will learn to tolerate paying for religious symbolism on taxpayer-funded property. But we know the former ain't going to happen, judging by the fuss over the privately-funded ads on the sides of Forth Worth buses. 8)

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:24:06
Link | Citer | R

Atheist symbolism?
I'm confused. Are you refering to Santa, Snowmen, Reindeer, Candy canes and multi-colored lights?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
A lot more pressing matters in the world than to be arguing over a Nativity scene. lol How is that even an issue to anyone..

No no, didn't you know, killing in the name of Allah is the exact same as putting a nativity scene on public property. There are no differences.

lol.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's entirely different, but I don't expect you to understand why as you have a singular mind when it comes to anything religious, and quite frankly I don't have the patience to explain something that you'll never understand.

But if you don't like nativity scenes in your country, why don't you sue the people putting them up? I mean surely it would be simple.

Or I guess you could complain about it on a forum for a game, I'm sure that gets your righteous message across too.

it's not different at all. No different than when they removed the 10 commandments from a (Georgia?) courthouse, it's public property, religion needs to gtfo.

Religion and government need to be separate, I'm sorry you don't and apparently won't ever understand that concept.

Thanks for proving my point.

And again:

"But if you don't like nativity scenes in your country, why don't you sue the people putting them up? I mean surely it would be simple."

when I see one in a public place I'll let you know, but for now most of the time I see them they are in their proper place, churches and private homes.

You proved no point though, government and religion need to be separate, that's the point.

Again you assume all situations are the same, but like I said, this doesn't surprise me.

It doesn't matter the situation when it comes to religion and government, they need to stay seperate AT ALL TIMES. However I proved your point wrong in even suggesting that they could rent the properties, but then it becomes at their cost, not mine. Don't request me to fund your nonsense.

I'm sorry. I find the distaste of militant atheists a non important issue. If the situation had real ramifications then I may think differently. Until then, feel free to petition against it.

lol the term "militant atheist" is fictitious, and like I said I'll care about your opinion on the matter when you have one to form, one who is in proverbial captivity doesn't understand the freedom.

The fact of the matter is that public property shouldn't be used for religious purposes, no matter the purpose.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Silvaria said:
Heh...well, as I said earlier...when religious people are OK with being forced to subsidize atheist symbolism on public property, maybe we atheists will learn to tolerate paying for religious symbolism on taxpayer-funded property. But we know the former ain't going to happen, judging by the fuss over the privately-funded ads on the sides of Forth Worth buses. 8)

I thought the entire point of atheism was to not have symbolism? Unless atheism is a belief?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Also I'm glad you toned down the insults to religious people Jet, at least I know you can be civil now that a mod stepped in.

I prefer to laugh in your face than to just laugh at you though. I'm sorry that you're too much of a pussy to be laughed at though, that you had to go be a cry-baby about it.

Well clearly you've learned that there's a way to debate religion and yours was wrong, otherwise you would still be consistently laughing in everyone faces.

I disagree, and you and your kind deserve no civility, as you are not civil yourselves.

I have my reasons and you are not privy to the information.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:26:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

So: A mod told you to tone it down so you did. Good.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It's entirely different, but I don't expect you to understand why as you have a singular mind when it comes to anything religious, and quite frankly I don't have the patience to explain something that you'll never understand.

But if you don't like nativity scenes in your country, why don't you sue the people putting them up? I mean surely it would be simple.

Or I guess you could complain about it on a forum for a game, I'm sure that gets your righteous message across too.

it's not different at all. No different than when they removed the 10 commandments from a (Georgia?) courthouse, it's public property, religion needs to gtfo.

Religion and government need to be separate, I'm sorry you don't and apparently won't ever understand that concept.

And again:

"But if you don't like nativity scenes in your country, why don't you sue the people putting them up? I mean surely it would be simple."

when I see one in a public place I'll let you know, but for now most of the time I see them they are in their proper place, churches and private homes.

You proved no point though, government and religion need to be separate, that's the point.

Again you assume all situations are the same, but like I said, this doesn't surprise me.

It doesn't matter the situation when it comes to religion and government, they need to stay seperate AT ALL TIMES. However I proved your point wrong in even suggesting that they could rent the properties, but then it becomes at their cost, not mine. Don't request me to fund your nonsense.

I'm sorry. I find the distaste of militant atheists a non important issue. If the situation had real ramifications then I may think differently. Until then, feel free to petition against it.

lol the term "militant atheist" is fictitious, and like I said I'll care about your opinion on the matter when you have one to form, one who is in proverbial captivity doesn't understand the freedom.

The fact of the matter is that public property shouldn't be used for religious purposes, no matter the purpose.

Then feel free to petition against it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
A lot more pressing matters in the world than to be arguing over a Nativity scene. lol How is that even an issue to anyone..

No no, didn't you know, killing in the name of Allah is the exact same as putting a nativity scene on public property. There are no differences.

lol.

if the government is the one doing the killing, then no it isn't. You lack the ability to comprehend something you know nothing about, I'm done here.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

So: A mod told you to tone it down so you did. Good.

That isn't why, but like I said...

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

lol.

if the government is the one doing the killing, then no it isn't. You lack the ability to comprehend something you know nothing about, I'm done here.

And you think putting a nativity scene on public property is the equivalent of forcing people to pray.

lol.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And again:

Or if you come here and do it, be prepared to be in court. It's only a matter of time the Islamists in your country get rid of the jesus scenes all together though, be prepared to miss them.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Aren't athiests supposed to be proud of their "logical and rational" thinking and a legitimate line of reasoning.

How does hating on a Nativity scene fit in any part of that.. ? You can argue money but with so much more of our tax dollars going to a lot BIGGER and wasteful things, it becomes a rather lame justification..

quite simply it's the principle of the thing, that government should be secular.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

lol.

And you think putting a nativity scene on public property is the equivalent of forcing people to pray.

lol.

If the government is the one forcing people, yes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

And again:

Or if you come here and do it, be prepared to be in court. It's only a matter of time the Islamists in your country get rid of the jesus scenes all together though, be prepared to miss them.

I wouldn't exactly miss them, but I'll enjoy them until they go. If anything for the atheistic buttdevastation it causes.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:31:51
Link | Citer | R

another reason as to why you're a ***.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Boy do I have a video for all of you. It'll either make you laugh hysterically, facepalm, or perhaps even warm your heart.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

lol.

lol.

Again someone with such a singular mind when it comes to religion wouldn't understand the differences between forced and non-forced religious actions.

Also I thought you were done?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Boy do I have a video for all of you. It'll either make you laugh hysterically, facepalm, or perhaps even warm your heart.

if it's of the girl in your avatar, PM me it.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-23 03:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

lol.

lol.

Again someone with such a singular mind when it comes to religion wouldn't understand the differences between forced and non-forced religious actions.

both are forced.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
another reason as to why you're a ***.

Hypocritical much? I'm pretty sure walking up to a Christian minding his/her own business and calling him/her delusional is considered a *** move sonny boy.
By Artemicion 2010-12-23 03:33:47
Link | Citer | R

100% relevant to this thread. Also a great source of lulz.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-23 03:33:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

lol.

lol.

both are forced.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8