Ignorance Taken To The Next Level.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Ignorance taken to the next level.
Ignorance taken to the next level.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-04 16:16:23
Link | Citer | R

As I said, I don't let people like you offend me. My original question at the beginning of this thread was why people, such as yourself, think its ok. But, all I have seen so far are flames against religion. So, instead of trying to make yourself look big by making others look small, answer the question.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 16:21:56
Link | Citer | R

the only troll in here is vinvv, and i told you why. religious people are ignorant, and using a synonym of ignorant is fine to describe it. claiming/believing in the existence of the unpovable is ignorance in it's finest. obviously it offends you or you wouldn't *** about it, or are you really dumb enough otherwise? the truth hurts doesn't it?
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-12-04 16:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
As I said, I don't let people like you offend me. My original question at the beginning of this thread was why people, such as yourself, think its ok. But, all I have seen so far are flames against religion. So, instead of trying to make yourself look big by making others look small, answer the question.

You aren't going to win, right or not. It's against the physics of the internet. The fact that there are millions of religious people who live honest lives, without desiring to kill anyone or *** everything up, doesn't mean a thing to most people around here. If there are bad examples - and we both know that religion has started trouble enough in the past - then that is all the proof that is needed.

"There are 11 black rapists in my city; being black is bad." is the same kind of thinking. It's wrong, but you're not gonna change it.

Funny, though, that people so apt to talk about the bigotry of religion can't see their own.

Edit: Also funny is that while Christianity seems to be the common target, you don't hear people ragging on how *** up buddhists are, or how stupid Native American religion is. If that's because you don't see as many crazy people of those faiths, then the people making the hateful statements are pretty unfair and biased themselves. If it's because they don't think a crazy Indian killed some random people because of his flawed understanding of his religion, then the people making the hateful comments are closed-minded. If it's because they don't see it on the news, the people making the statements are naive. So, it's pretty awesome all around.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-04 16:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Once again, you are sidestepping a question. You are nothing other than a bigot. You keep trying to say religion doesn't compare to all these other things, but it does. You are singling out a group of people, which is good old fashion bigotry at its finest. And, your namecalling is really showing your emotional age.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-04 16:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the only troll in here is vinvv, and i told you why. religious people are ignorant, and using a synonym of ignorant is fine to describe it. claiming/believing in the existence of the unpovable is ignorance in it's finest. obviously it offends you or you wouldn't *** about it, or are you really dumb enough otherwise? the truth hurts doesn't it?
Just as claiming/believing in the lack of existence of the unprovable.

Honestly, to sit there and say that you know for a fact there is no such thing as a God, is no different than someone sitting there saying that they know for a fact there is. Now I know you're not going to accept this, and I really don't care, but.. Until there is a way to definitively prove one way or the other (which I doubt there ever will be a way) you're going off faith.. Whether that faith is that there is a God or the faith that logic isn't steering you wrong, it's still faith. There is only one fact when it comes to religion, and that is that we simply don't know.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 17:09:53
Link | Citer | R

@nevill I did answer you, just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean i didn't answer it. i'm not singling out any particular group nor ever plan to. every other thing you stated is smething that isn't a choice, when religion becomes something that isn't a choice, it's comparible.

@slip i've never made any claim of the existence or nonexistence of a god, and i bash the stupidity equally, i have yet to learn of a religion that isn't based on blind faith.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 17:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
There is no rational explaination for hating religion. If you value logic so much I've shown you that hating religion is just as bigoted.
I lol'd again.

Well then continue being an ignorant dumbass *** who only cares about himself. I'll just block you because I have no desire to talk to somebody who is THIS incredibly intolerent and ignorant. Good luck with life.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 17:35:42
Link | Citer | R

@bushfanboy: u mad
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-04 17:43:39
Link | Citer | R

/sigh
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 18:00:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Oh don't feel neglected; you're on the same level as him. I really hope you two read some books and gain an education before you get a job. People like you ruin this country.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-04 18:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Oh don't feel neglected; you're on the same level as him. I really hope you two read some books and gain an education before you get a job. People like you ruin this country.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-04 18:05:07
Link | Citer | R

now say nuclear.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 18:05:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I happen to like cool whhip
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 18:17:56
Link | Citer | R

on the contrary people like you and your supporting of ignorance ruin it, and just an fyi i have a job, and go to school and quite frankly maybe you need to remove yourself from a certain book and see the wolrd around you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 18:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
/sigh
/comfort
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 19:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Because I don't have an education or a job.

Also people like George W. Bush don't ruin the country.

Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 19:32:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Because I don't have an education or a job. Also people like George W. Bush don't ruin the country.

I think it's funny that just because I happen to like the man's personality that you use it as an insult. Also, your ignorance stems from the fact that you are unable to accept people who believe differently. You think that everyone must agree with you. That is narrow-minded. If you do have an education then I suggest you get a better one. (a degree is not an education) Education is experiential and extends beyond a piece of paper or a classroom. The only real knowledge is that you posses very little knowledge. This is the knowledge that you fail to possess. You are ignorant of your own ignorance and therefore utterly ignorant.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 19:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Because I don't have an education or a job. Also people like George W. Bush don't ruin the country.

I think it's funny that just because I happen to like the man's personality that you use it as an insult. Also, your ignorance stems from the fact that you are unable to accept people who believe differently. You think that everyone must agree with you. That is narrow-minded. If you do have an education then I suggest you get a better one. (a degree is not an education) Education is experiential and extends beyond a piece of paper or a classroom. The only real knowledge is that you posses very little knowledge. This is the knowledge that you fail to possess. You are ignorant of your own ignorance and therefore utterly ignorant.
There's nothing wrong with liking or respecting the guy. However to call him your hero, yeah it's very lol worthy.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 19:45:47
Link | Citer | R

not sure if it's lol worthy or just sad that somebody who has blind faith speaks to others about ignorance.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 19:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
not sure if it's lol worthy or just sad that somebody who has blind faith speaks to others about ignorance.
Haven't you heard blind faith is the most intelligent thing a person can have?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 19:47:59
Link | Citer | R

also just because we are intollerant of ignorance it doesn't make us bigots, you need a reality check there, so does your "hero"
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 19:49:23
Link | Citer | R

missed that memo, you get those reports done yet? and have you seen my stapler?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 19:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
missed that memo, you get those reports done yet? and have you seen my stapler?
It was right here on my desk and now it's gone.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 19:55:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Haven't you heard blind faith is the most intelligent thing a person can have?

Too bad most people who belong to a religion arent devote religious. My argument all along is that everyone has their own culture. Intolerence is the only problem.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 20:06:41
Link | Citer | R

You win Excelior, I'm an ignorant bigot. You caught me.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 20:12:44
Link | Citer | R

there is not anything wrong with being intolerant of ignorance, religion is ignorance personified. you fail to realize that.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 20:18:37
Link | Citer | R

on the culture note: who the *** cares, there's culture's that allow cannibalism, are you saying we should be "tollerant" of them just because that's their culture?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 20:21:17
Link | Citer | R

and chaosx give me back my stapler.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 20:34:17