Ignorance Taken To The Next Level.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Ignorance taken to the next level.
Ignorance taken to the next level.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:23:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-04 13:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Well, here is my opinion. And it's just that, my opinion.

Religion did not "cause" a lot of problems throughout history. What causes these problems is greed, selfishness, and things of that nature.

Modern monotheistic religions ENABLE the greed and selfishness you describe. They give people an excuse to behave improperly and get away with it. Modern monotheistic religions preach peace and "relationships with god", while outwardly supporting cultural intolerance, retarding diversity, and condoning violence towards other humans.

Think about it.
Collectively, religions are preventing, or (at least) limiting evolution and progress of humanity. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is another subject of debate.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Well, here is my opinion. And it's just that, my opinion.

Religion did not "cause" a lot of problems throughout history. What causes these problems is greed, selfishness, and things of that nature.

Modern monotheistic religions ENABLE the greed and selfishness you describe. They give people an excuse to behave improperly and get away with it. Modern monotheistic religions preach peace and "relationships with god", while outwardly supporting cultural intolerance, retarding diversity, and condoning violence towards other humans.

Think about it.
Collectively, religions are preventing, or (at least) limiting evolution and progress of humanity. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is another subject of debate.

THIS

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:42:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Subjectivity is my favorite word in the English vocabulary lol.

indeed but what is subjective is even subjective...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Yar, that's why it's my favorite word; just hold on till you wake up from the matrix :o

well for the general construct of what is accepted as truths not quite everything is subjective, like right now I am typing on my laptop, is that really happening (maybe maybe not) but for what we consider "reality" it is, and not personal reality just flat out reality, in terms of that there are lines one can draw.
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 13:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose not to believe in ignorance.
lol.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose to believe you're american.
Anyone born in America and lives there (a citizen) is American.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose to believe in money.
lol again.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose to believe in law.
ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose believe in logic.
lol ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose to believe in pretty much everything that isn't concrete undeniable natural fact.
So?
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Oh and you choose to not be religious
Your point being?

That everything that isn't fact is subject to your own personal thoughts and beliefs. By saying that people arent entitled to have religious beliefs means that you believe that only your personal thoughts are correct. THis almost means you are ignorant and a bigot GG conversation is over. I hope you fix this in the future.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol again.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
You choose to believe in pretty much everything that isn't concrete undeniable natural fact.
So?
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Your point being?

That everything that isn't fact is subject to your own personal thoughts and beliefs. By saying that people arent entitled to have religious beliefs means that you believe that only your personal thoughts are correct. THis almost means you are ignorant and a bigot GG conversation is over. I hope you fix this in the future.

no everything that is or isn't fact is subject to proof, or a rational explanation. It does not make one a bigot to wish for people to not be ignorant.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 13:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Yar, that's why it's my favorite word; just hold on till you wake up from the matrix :o
well for the general construct of what is accepted as truths not quite everything is subjective, like right now I am typing on my laptop, is that really happening (maybe maybe not) but for what we consider "reality" it is, and not personal reality just flat out reality, in terms of that there are lines one can draw.
Indeed typing on a laptop can be a scary experience, but I think courage is cool.
lolwut
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 13:58:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
THis almost means you are ignorant and a bigot GG conversation is over.
I lol'd
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-04 14:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol again.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
lol ok.
Phoenix.Excelior said:
So?
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Your point being?
no everything that is or isn't fact is subject to proof, or a rational explanation. It does not make one a bigot to wish for people to not be ignorant.

There is no rational explaination for hating religion. If you value logic so much I've shown you that hating religion is just as bigoted.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 14:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
George W. Bush = Hero
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-04 14:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:

There is no rational explaination for hating religion. If you value logic so much I've shown you that hating religion is just as bigoted.
I lol'd again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 14:54:16
Link | Citer | R

there are plnty of rational reasons to hate religion, you and your hero gw are two prime examples. I hate the spread of ignorance and the allowed stupidity that religion projects, that does not make me a bigot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 14:55:06
Link | Citer | R

sorry for typos, phone sucks and sometimes misses letters.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-04 15:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
I just have a question, and I hope to not start a flame war. I'll start with a little about me.

I am a religious person. However, I do not push my religion in the face of anyone. If anyone has a question about my religion, I am open to discussion. In fact, one of my favorite things to do with a Jehova's Witness is to bring them into my home and try to convert them (they started shoving it in my face first!).

Now, my question. Why is it ok to bash a group of people because of one facet of their life? If I come on here and bash a specific race, would that be ok? Why is it ok for an Athiest to bash someone who is religious by calling them stupid?

religion doesn't equate to race/gender etc because it's something one chooses or is forced upon them after they are born, (within normal means you cannot change the other aspects of your life)

If you want to know why religion is stupid then you need to have an understanding of logic that you don't have, the words "ignorant stupid and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" are very often used as synonyms of each other (debatable). Religion in itself is ignorant, so calling somebody out on it is just telling the truth, if you take offense to it then grow the *** up and maybe not be so ignorant.

also before you go calling me a troll understand that I do not say these things to "troll" I say them because well that's just how it is, I'm sorry you didn't get the development necessary in life to handle things that offend you, especially when it's just the truth.

bottom line: it's ignorant/stupid to suggest a god exists without proof (just as it is ignorant to say there isn't one as an assertion), just as ignorant/stupid (crazy) if somebody ran up to you and started screaming that the Great Gazoo sits on their shoulder.

Ok, If I come in here calling homosexuals a bunch of ***, would that relate? (As a note, I have no problem with a person's choice of sexuality.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 15:44:49
Link | Citer | R

tell that to new york city, after all they were only infidels that must be vanquished (according to that religion)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 15:56:49
Link | Citer | R

@nevill: again if it offends you, get over it. being offended is subjective and if you can't get over that then you really need to grow the *** up. also in regards to the specific slang/word "***" pay attention more to intent than content, if somebody is insulting you it doesnt matter what words they use, but if somebody is using a particular word it's not always an insult.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 15:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
there are plnty of rational reasons to hate me, you and your hero gw are two prime examples. I spread ignorance and stupidity , that does make me a bigot.
It's always the person and not the religion good sir, because religion is subjective too.
fixed
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 15:58:46
Link | Citer | R

if you don't like what you're defined as change you, don't *** at the word.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-12-04 15:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
@nevill: again if it offends you, get over it. being offended is subjective and if you can't get over that then you really need to grow the *** up. also in regards to the specific slang/word "***" pay attention more to intent than content, if somebody is insulting you it doesnt matter what words they use, but if somebody is using a particular word it's not always an insult.

I didn't say it offends me personally, because, quite frankly, I can ignore the ignorance of trolls such as yourself. And as far as growing up, grown-ups can have conversations without insulting each other. You carry on a conversation like an emo 13 year old, so don't try and tell anyone to grow up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 16:01:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

I didn't say it offends me personally, because, quite frankly, I can ignore the ignorance of trolls such as yourself. And as far as growing up, grown-ups can have conversations without insulting each other. You carry on a conversation like an emo 13 year old, so don't try and tell anyone to grow up.
i think he's just trying to say that if you get offended it doesn't matter because you aren't him and only he is allowed to become offended.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 16:07:40
Link | Citer | R

also on the "***" note, people can't change what they are or aren't attracted to, so not that's not a comparison to religion either.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 16:10:15
Link | Citer | R

if you find me saying that religious people are idiots as offensive, then you have two options a. Don't be religious, b. Get over it. I don't expect you to comprehend any of this, as you are religious.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-04 16:12:50
Link | Citer | R

tell that to new york city, after all they were only infidels that must be vanquished (according to that religion)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 16:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
debont, you are a great lolcow, i do have to say.
the little effort drive by the op is a great example.
say a few words that enrage emotional twits and they'll run wild with it thinking that they have to prove someone wrong.
but i guess essentially trolling/getting trolled you pretty much are just jerking each other off.
He's getting "lulz" and you are getting this feeling of self-importance that you need and crave.
Win/Win situation if you ask me.
Hell my own post here made me feel better about myself.

I didn't read the rest of the thread and the OP information is much more relevant to what I want to legitimately reply to.
0/10 for the OP troll post, but hell you could have just made both accounts and made a trying too hard troll with that, but I can't say for sure because I honestly wouldn't know how you operate.
The lochs are pretty sexy though.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14