Hagun...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hagun...
Hagun...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Tool
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-19 20:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
5hit Keitono beats Hagun, Kokushitsonutachi beats hagun, I think the STR GK beats Hagun as well. Either way, get 1 of them because in 1 month Hagun will not stand a chance even if it's just the base dmg increasing.

Thank you for a straightforward answer. I assume this is because of higher base dmg and a way to easily configure a 5 hit based on the given delay?

I would imagine Hagun is still decent for a SAM still leveling up until these are available yes?
 Ifrit.Zibo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-19 20:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Just stay away from the high base dmg only GKs, they are pretty much dead ends at this point.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 20:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:
5hit Keitono beats Hagun, Kokushitsonutachi beats hagun, I think the STR GK beats Hagun as well. Either way, get 1 of them because in 1 month Hagun will not stand a chance even if it's just the base dmg increasing.

Thank you for a straightforward answer. I assume this is because of higher base dmg and a way to easily configure a 5 hit based on the given delay?

I would imagine Hagun is still decent for a SAM still leveling up until these are available yes?

not only that the DOT from it would be higher since the base damage of the weapon is more than hagun
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Serveur: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
You TP in Ace's Helm & eat Rice balls! The joke is on you my friend.
Come to Valefor and parse your Penta SAM vs mine then talk *** ***.

ow no not the parse stick again!

every time some one gets hit in the face with the parse stick a a baby elephant dies :(

is this a game or a physics convention?

my numbers are bigger that your! pew pew bang bang i win!

I know logic is a foreign concept to you, but if someone has a higher damage overall it means they are the superior player.

Oh really? No, i just thought it was the person who eyeballed the highest WS numbers was the winner? FERREAL!!!

That would explain why you think riceballs are a good idea.

No, have been parsed quite a lot of times and usually i come out on top with the highest amount of overall DMG and avg WS...spoken about this in another thread before and even put pics up of the parselogs. But of course the trolls couldn't believe the other SAMs were very well geared contrary to what I said. But considering the days of old school bird meripos are almost extinct I have not even used Polearm since the update.... so what do care anymore.

cunny funt aren't ya?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

every time some one gets hit in the face with the parse stick a a baby elephant dies :(

I know logic is a foreign concept to you, but if someone has a higher damage overall it means they are the superior player.

Oh really? No, i just thought it was the person who eyeballed the highest WS numbers was the winner? FERREAL!!!

No, have been parsed quite a lot of times and usually i come out on top with the highest amount of overall DMG and avg WS...spoken about this in another thread before and even put pics up of the parselogs. But of course the trolls couldn't believe the other SAMs were very well geared contrary to what I said.

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-19 20:12:09
Link | Citer | R

I still use Hagun a lot, it's hard to say goodbye to it ; ; but it's still unrivaled in terms of WS, primarily /THF.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-19 20:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Hagun is by far not a shitty weapon (yet), but I would go out and get a Keitono today, whether or not you decide to use it. It took me something like 11 hours straight solo, which isn't bad.

Keitono's strength comes form a 6hit, but Kokushitsunotachi and the STR GK are fine 6hitted.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-19 20:13:25
Link | Citer | R

i just like to listen to all you nerd geek freaks.

all boils down to one thing.

none of this is real its a game :)..no trophys,no rewards.

just agree to disagree or keel ech other!!!!

do eeeet stab him!
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-19 20:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

not only that the DOT from it would be higher since the base damage of the weapon is more than hagun

Yeah, I figured this was the primary reason as the hagun's only real strong point is specifically in WS use, while melee damage in the TP phase is it's weak point.

While with a high base DMG you can get decent results on both, thus earning a higher DPS overall, assuming you're meleeing full time of course.

Also, why are the high base dmg only GTKs a dead end?
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

No, have been parsed quite a lot of times and usually i come out on top with the highest amount of overall DMG and avg WS...spoken about this in another thread before and even put pics up of the parselogs. But of course the trolls couldn't believe the other SAMs were very well geared contrary to what I said.

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH, yes I was, laugh all you like, you just look like an ignorant fool that trolls along and agrees with the most commonly accepted way of doing things, way to go sheep!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:14:15
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
i just like to listen to all you nerd geek freaks.

all boils down to one thing.

none of this is real its a game :)..no trophys,no rewards.

just agree to disagree or keel ech other!!!!

do eeeet stab him!

Oh no! We got called a nerd by someone who wouldn't pass first grade English class.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH, yes I was, laugh all you like, you just look like an ignorant fool that trolls along and agrees with the most commonly accepted way of doing things, way to go sheep!

So I assume you divided by zero, and all math doesn't come into play for you. If you use riceballs you already lose even before the parse is done. Math doesn't lie boy.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Yeah, I figured this was the primary reason as the hagun's only real strong point is specifically in WS use, while melee damage in the TP phase is it's weak point.

While with a high base DMG you can get decent results on both, thus earning a higher DPS overall, assuming you're meleeing full time of course.

They are not a dead end by any means. Sure if you are Level 72-79 the HAgun is the obvious answer, but once you are 80 there are far better options. 5 hit Keitonotachi, STR+6 Attack+20 Hyogugusarinotachi are just a few to name that I have and has been parsed higher than Hagun everytime when my friend and I both used them. Not to mention after the next few updates there will be more added trials as well to further enhance them even greater than the Hagun still, its worth getting them ready to go now ^^
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-19 20:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok really I don't know what you guys are arguing about and I couldn't give less of a ***, but parses really mean nothing. Winning a parse by 10% could just mean you engage sooner than everyone else. Also unless you can gauruntee the skill of every single person in it, it is useless. I have pulled 45% on Kirin, and my Warrior (was meritless with a 280 GA skill at the time) pulled 35% in an Abyssea alliance, honestly saying that you won a parse means nothing.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:16:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

I spend time creating inferior weapons

fix'd
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So I assume you divided by zero, and all math doesn't come into play for you. If you use riceballs you already lose even before the parse is done. Math doesn't lie boy.

Neither do parse results, boy. And not that it matters but i graduated with Advanced English in the top band, so talk ***all you like.

inb4 you whine about my grammar and punctuation i use on FFXIAH forums and call me HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Trolls!!!!
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-19 20:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Also, if you are on a mob like Khimaera where you are just expected to Sam/thf and meditate + ws, Hagun is the best choice because it's weaponskills are still the highest (as far as I have heard, I don't think the Str GK beats it and Keitono doesn't). Ofcourse if you are melee'ing to tp at all, use one of the 3 that I said before.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-19 20:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
i just like to listen to all you nerd geek freaks. all boils down to one thing. none of this is real its a game :)..no trophys,no rewards. just agree to disagree or keel ech other!!!! do eeeet stab him!
Oh no! We got called a nerd by someone who wouldn't pass first grade English class.

A...B....C...D,hmmmm

flin can i borrow your speak and spell cant seem to finish the rest :(
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-19 20:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:

You know, people tend to follow a trend of gear for a good reason: It's been proven to work best in overall damage.

Just because you're different, doesn't mean it's correct.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Neither do parse results, boy. And not that it matters but i graduated with Advanced English in the top band, so talk ***all you like.

inb4 you whine about my grammar and punctuation i use on FFXIAH forums and call me HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Trolls!!!!
[/quote]

You need to learn the definition of 'troll' The math that has been done numerous times has already proved you've lost by using riceballs. No parse needs to be taken.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

cunny funt aren't ya?

Lol good one.

Oh... You were serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok really I don't know what you guys are arguing about and I couldn't give less of a ***, but parses really mean nothing. Winning a parse by 10% could just mean you engage sooner than everyone else. Also unless you can gauruntee the skill of every single person in it, it is useless. I have pulled 45% on Kirin, and my Warrior (was meritless with a 280 GA skill at the time) pulled 35% in an Abyssea alliance, honestly saying that you won a parse means nothing.

If you say so. Consistent parse wins do though, not that it matters anymore when your whole alliance is spam raping mobs in Abyssea, as long as it dies fast no one really cares.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
i just like to listen to all you nerd geek freaks. all boils down to one thing. none of this is real its a game :)..no trophys,no rewards. just agree to disagree or keel ech other!!!! do eeeet stab him!

A...B....C...D,hmmmm

flin can i borrow your speak and spell cant seem to finish the rest :(

Yeah that made no sense as a joke, or a sentence.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tool said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

You know, people tend to follow a trend of gear for a good reason: It's been proven to work best in overall damage.

Just because it goes against the normal expected way of doing things does not means it sucks either. As they say "There is more than one way to skin a cat".
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 20:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Just because it goes against the normal expected way of doing things does not means it sucks either.

But it means stubbornness is stopping you from reaching your full potential.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 20:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Just because it goes against the normal expected way of doing things does not means it sucks either.

But it means stubbornness is stopping you from reaching your full potential.

Maybe. I'm not the kind of person who just tries one way, is happy with it and sticks to it, I try out many different ways to do things and listen to all constructive criticism. I usually tend to stick with what I think works best for me and what I do in the game, as what most people do.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-19 20:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Ifrit.Zibo said:

Hagun is by far not a shitty weapon (yet), but I would go out and get a Keitono today, whether or not you decide to use it. It took me something like 11 hours straight solo, which isn't bad.

Keitono's strength comes form a 6hit, but Kokushitsunotachi and the STR GK are fine 6hitted.

You meant 5 hit on the Keitono right? It has a 464 delay after all. How much STP would be needed to achieve a 5 hit assuming you had capped STP merits?
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-19 20:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:

no seriously tho Gaylord there talking about the subject like a man(or adult) or a complete *** face.

you my dear Gaylord fall under the category of *** face.

you done know how to tell some one that what there doing is wrong in a subtle way,you just try to act all mr.imature ***.
i find you overall childish

*** it tho cant teach an old dog new tricks aye >.^
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-19 20:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:

no seriously tho Gaylord there talking about the subject like a man(or adult) or a complete *** face.

you my dear Gaylord fall under the category of *** face.

you done know how to tell some that what there doing is wrong in a subtle way,you just try to act all mr.imature ***.
i find you overall childish

*** it tho cant teach an old dog new tricks aye >.^

Did you just get out of middle school or something man?
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-19 20:25:14
Link | Citer | R

"If you say so. Consistent parse wins do though, not that it matters anymore when your whole alliance is spam raping mobs in Abyssea, as long as it dies fast no one really cares."

Ok... so if I consistently party with shitty people and pull 60% damage done, it means something? No it means jack ***. Only way a parse holds merit is if you parse against yourself. If the skill is a constant, then the gear is a variable, allowing you to rate your gear sets. Parsing 2 gear sets on 2 different players can show damage differences, but math does the job much better.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-19 20:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Just because it goes against the normal expected way of doing things does not means it sucks either. As they say "There is more than one way to skin a cat".
Would you rather be making 10 dollars an hour at a job or 12?
just wondering which you'd think would be best.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8