Hagun...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hagun...
Hagun...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Xet
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-17 08:34:24
Link | Citer | R

Stolen from another thread but would this:

Nuevo Coselete Rare Ex
[Body] All Races
DEF:49 HP+20 STR+5 DEX+5 VIT+5
LV 75 WAR PLD DRK SAM DRG

Acc. +10
Store Tp +4 Subtle Blow +4

make 5 hit safer without losing to much acc in tp phase. its like haub+askar had a inbred child.

I hate the way it looks but would be functional i guess.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-17 08:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Superdan said:

STP+5 GKT

Wondering if a set like this would 5-hit.. and would it actually be worth it? I realise this could be better with goading / hauby+1 but as I don't have those items, this is what I came up with. Kinda reluctant to get an Askar body, as I've never been a fan.. but would be easy enough as my nyzul static is 100 and now we're getting whatever gear people want, plus goading seems like a total *** since I don't really have an active Abyssea NM LS :/

played with this set in limbo with pizza+1, dunno about higher lv mobs tho yet
need goading/hauby
and some h.kote+1 to swap in a +7 acc ring or yilbegans DEX ring XD
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-17 09:14:41
Link | Citer | R

This point of view normally gets me flamed normally, but I am going to try it any way.

I think everyone agrees SAMs WS need very little attack to cap against most things.
A Decent SAM gets 60-70% of their total damage from WS, and 5hits are pushing this even further

Increasing WS frequency is the main aim for a modern SAM (WS damage is comes due to the large number of WS) and TP phase damage can be more or less ignored.

Therefore, you can draw to conclusions:
1. /DRG is a lot better for GKT SAMs
2. Sushi (sole) is the best food for a GKT SAM

The reasoning behind /DRG is pretty clear; 5% haste, jumps and accuracy bonus will gain TP faster (in decent buff situations) than double attack. ‘Zerk can be ignored as it does very little for your WS and your TP damage doesn’t matter.

Sushi isn’t as clear cut and normally people want to argue with me about this, but as I have said TP gain is the primary aim of SAM, which is achieved via capped accuracy and high haste levels. Often on mobs where GKT should be used, you have to make a choice, high haste or high accuracy. But a decent sushi will give 60-70 accuracy (over 1.5 times of pizza) which should allow for both capped accuracy and full haste. If you use Sole you also get 5STR which is a nice little boost to WS damage.

Pizza on the other hand does virtually nothing for GKT WS; it gives less accuracy (meaning a more conservative TP build). You do get a minor boost to TP damage, but again as I said TP damage is almost negligible and certainly not worth increasing at the expense of a useful stat.

With sushi and /DRG you can get a hell of a lot in your TP gear before accuracy will be an issue
[+]
 Valefor.Yelsaewnor
By Valefor.Yelsaewnor 2010-08-17 09:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-17 10:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Grats! I have been thinking about that particular one as the other is too much like Soboro.

inb4, other one can 5hit & lolaskar head and perle hands.
 Ifrit.Zibo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-17 17:59:01
Link | Citer | R

The thing about sole sushi is that on the vasttttt majority of things your acc is capped with pizza, so why not get the att? Just because Gekko has an att bonus does not mean att is useless, you can see this buy the dmg increase your ws's get with berserk up. You also totally disregard the dmg increase your melee swings get with an att boost, you'd be surprised how much it adds up.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-08-18 23:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Yeah, because Masamune is openly available to everyone, right.

Kokushitsunotachi's in the same boat as Soboro Sukehiro, on that note.

Didn't say they were easy to get.

Just they are better.

I remember you posting BG the day you got you Cerb+1 and saying how much time/money it took and now you are here ignoring ToTM weapons from your list because they are hard to get...
who gives a ***?
this whole discussion is moot with the next update installment coming soon lol.
*does a whole bunch of math to find out if the new totm weapons are better than hagun*
*scars of abyssea comes out*
****ton of new weapon upgrades*
*fuuuuuuuck, does more math*
that's exactly what will happen.

I laugh because it's true. What is also true is that THIS will be the expansion that finally trashes Hagun (thank god).
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-18 23:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Aside from that being wrong, I'd expect you to be recieving Haste spell, so that justifies it immediately. I just don't see what you're gaining from swapping Turban/Dusk to -1 pieces when they don't offer anything in terms of STP is all.
I dont like having to use rose grip >< and i like the double attack from the askar body so i dont need to use pole grip either, leaving the slot open for something like platinum+1 or axe grip >< meh i dono, you do what works for you, as they say, im not telling anyone else what to do ^^
My point was, you are telling people what to do (not use hagun) yet you are using gear that flies in the face of a lot of the well established and proven facts about SAM. If you used Rose you wouldn't need askar If you didn't need askar you could wear Hauby+1 If you wore Hauby+1 you could wear truban You lose 7 STR and 2DA for 2 Haste and 10 accuracy. The haste alone is enough to justify those changes, the accuracy is just a nice (and useful) by product.

This is the same guy who accused my DRG for having a 7-hit build when I posted a screenshot of my Oathkeeper (which is now +14 DMG). He's not exactly the brightest kid, so go easy on him. ;-)

Yeah because i forgot to add the stp on brutal im a dumbass, good job ***.
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-08-19 14:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Since you were so polite to refer to me as such a term:

I realize it's your weapon skill build, but you could even mark it as an "I'm trying to get my STR as high as I can" build. If you were doing the latter, though, your neck piece wouldn't be an fTP+0.1 gorget so I'd have to assume it's a weaponskill build, which means you actually TP in Axe Grip.

Then again, the 2% Double Attack of Pole Grip really won't help you get big numbers all the time on EP mobs for your screenshots section. All up to you. :-)
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 14:39:56
Link | Citer | R

nothing wrong with axe grip on sam when you are /thf
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-08-19 14:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

Very true, but in situations where /THF is useful you'd also be having Hagun at your side. For the time being, at least.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 14:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Very true, but in situations where /THF is useful you'd also be having Hagun at your side. For the time being, at least.

after looking at his other melee tp sets I am going to go /wrist brb

edit: Not you Kyo the other guy
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-08-19 14:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I know. ^^ Don't /wrist too hard, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders so don't need you dying now.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Says the retard who still TPs in Hachiman Kote for your 6 hit Hagun build. GOOD JOB MATE! Besides that your item sets are not much dissimilar to mine, so *** please, don't talk ***when its not warranted.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-19 19:42:33
Link | Citer | R

You TP in Ace's Helm & eat Rice balls!

The joke is on you my friend.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Says the retard who still TPs in Hachiman Kote for your 6 hit Hagun build. GOOD JOB MATE! Besides that your item sets are not much dissimilar to mine, so please, don't talk ***when its not warranted.

@Kyo - There is nothing wrong with Axe Grip, as I mentioned I mainly only use it to maximise my STR on SAM/WAR and for SAM/THF. I also believe Hagun is truly dead (not saying you or anyone else shouldn't continue to carry on doing what ever you like) and in my opinion the 5 hit Keito or Hyogugusarinotachi with STR+6 Attack+20 is a better alternative, especially after the next update. Some people just can't let go I guess >.>

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 19:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 19:44:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Says the retard who still TPs in Hachiman Kote for your 6 hit Hagun build. GOOD JOB MATE! Besides that your item sets are not much dissimilar to mine, so *** please, don't talk ***when its not warranted.

I dont play anymore so wtf you smoking? so you saying 6hit hagun sucked before the level cap 80 update and before rose strap?

my war tp set wipes the ***with yours
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-08-19 19:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Oh hai, what's going on in this thread
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 19:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lulz Ryukuro deleted his set XD
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:47:59
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I dont play anymore so wtf you smoking? so you saying 6hit hagun sucked before the level cap 80 update and before rose strap?

No, Im saying you dont need hachiman kote to have a 6 hit build for hagun and you are sacrificing 3% haste and talking ***about my item sets. Sure it probably does as WAR is the job i use the least and doesn't get any love regarding gear...so what, did I come in here talking ***about your WAR TP build? No, i'm pretty sure I didn't.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Lulz Ryukuro deleted his set XD

Because you put up a set of mine which i havent updated in over a year you tool!
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Come to Valefor and parse your Penta SAM vs mine then talk *** ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 19:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA

SERIOUSLY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-19 19:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

No, Im saying you dont need hachiman kote to have a 6 hit build for hagun and you are sacrificing 3% haste and talking ***about my item sets. Sure it probably does as WAR is the job i use the least and doesn't get any love regarding gear...so what, did I come in here talking ***about your WAR TP build? No, i'm pretty sure I didn't.

so let me get this straight in before rose strap and no usu feet, how else are you suppose to get a 6hit? I want to know

/drg says hi and slaps you in the face

you mentioned my items sets if you cant read
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-19 19:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Ryukuro, your SAM =

Cerberus.Hiryo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-08-19 19:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Lol he'd wipe the *** floor with you.

(Oh hai askar head)
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-19 19:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Yeah, because Masamune is openly available to everyone, right. Kokushitsunotachi's in the same boat as Soboro Sukehiro, on that note.
Didn't say they were easy to get. Just they are better. I remember you posting BG the day you got you Cerb+1 and saying how much time/money it took and now you are here ignoring ToTM weapons from your list because they are hard to get...
who gives a ***? this whole discussion is moot with the next update installment coming soon lol. *does a whole bunch of math to find out if the new totm weapons are better than hagun* *scars of abyssea comes out* ****ton of new weapon upgrades* *fuuuuuuuck, does more math* that's exactly what will happen.
I laugh because it's true. What is also true is that THIS will be the expansion that finally trashes Hagun (thank god).

this.

/wave hagun
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-19 19:52:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm really surprised people still use Askar head, I thought people knew better.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-19 19:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA

SERIOUSLY

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Laugh all you like ^^ I really don't care.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8