Hagun...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Hagun...
Hagun...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Zibo
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-15 15:17:09
Link | Citer | R

5 hit Keitonotachi is better.

6hit Kokushitsonutachi would be pretty close to a 5hit if there is a stretch to get it seeing as TP overlay with a OAT weapon can get bothersome, but either way it beats Hagun.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-15 15:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Didn't say they were easy to get.

Just they are better.

I remember you posting BG the day you got you Cerb+1 and saying how much time/money it took and now you are here ignoring ToTM weapons from your list because they are hard to get...

What's that got to do with the gems of which I'm sure would be at least twice more grueling to get than my [overworked for] silly mantle.

Even if you were to buy the things, I'm sure it'd cost you way more than the mantle, simply because anyone selling the gems would (or rather, should) be smart enough to make them at least 750k a shot, even at this current point in time where it's been established that Baby Yaga and La Theine Liege are relatively easily compared to some other particular lower-tier Abyssea NMs.

Yes, I know, it's terrible to make assumptions, but even with that relatively cheap price tag per gem, Masamune would run you 37.5 million basically.

/derp
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-15 15:44:19
Link | Citer | R

So, ~80mil cheaper for a weapon lacking 1 base damage, 5-10% chance to do 2.5x damage on melee swings and a situationally useful/inferior WS.

Doesn't sound all that bad, tbh.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-15 15:47:11
Link | Citer | R

If it's a matter of not using Hagun period, why not use that mentioned gil to buy a Usukane Haramaki from a group that'll sell you it, and probably even have enough left over to blow on Dusk Gloves +1, all in preparation for a five-hit Keitonotachi instead?

I just really don't see the point in Masamune currently is all, really, and that weapon aside, you're looking at weapons that are currently still only situationally better than Hagun, which in those situations where Hagun's not number one, you're better off using a polearm.

Well, bar for bones of course, but that's about what it comes down to: A couple of over-glorified skeleton killers currently, but the bright side about doing these trials at the moment is that you're going to have to do them sooner or later anyways: It's just a matter of knowing which one to do is all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-15 15:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Price tag will likely increase with similar fetch quests next update.
 Shiva.Xet
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-15 16:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Here is a question: I am a Byakkosless sam just about to hit 80. It's my piss around job but like to play it right.

I was looking at the trial gkt to see which to do and the Keitonotachi 10% Kasha/+5sTP both looked good.

Now in peoples opinion would it be worth me trying to somehow make a 5hit w/o usu with the 5sTP, make a hard haste build with a 6hit variant or simply do the kasha one.

I read the 5hit thread and looks pretty hard/accuracyless w/o usu tho.

Thoughts?

PS. I use Hagun atm and i dont like full perle so sit at 14% haste unbuffed (fuma, perle legs, swift, walmart with a 6hit.)
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-15 16:37:25
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xet said:
Here is a question: I am a Byakkosless sam just about to hit 80. It's my piss around job but like to play it right.

I was looking at the trial gkt to see which to do and the Keitonotachi 10% Kasha/+5sTP both looked good.

Now in peoples opinion would it be worth me trying to somehow make a 5hit w/o usu with the 5sTP, make a hard haste build with a 6hit variant or simply do the kasha one.

Thoughts?

PS. I use Hagun atm and i dont like full perle so sit at 14% haste unbuffed (fuma, perle legs, swift, walmart with a 6hit.)

3-hit Nana or GTFO
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-15 16:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Borealis said:
Shiva.Xet said:

Thoughts?

3-hit Nana or GTFO

But i dont have capped Zanshin merits QQ......
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-15 16:38:47
Link | Citer | R

PachiPachio or bust.
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-15 16:38:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xet said:
Shiva.Borealis said:
Shiva.Xet said:

Thoughts?

3-hit Nana or GTFO

But i dont have capped Zanshin merits QQ......

Then you sir, are fail.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 03:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Didn't say they were easy to get.

Just they are better.

I remember you posting BG the day you got you Cerb+1 and saying how much time/money it took and now you are here ignoring ToTM weapons from your list because they are hard to get...

What's that got to do with the gems of which I'm sure would be at least twice more grueling to get than my [overworked for] silly mantle.

Even if you were to buy the things, I'm sure it'd cost you way more than the mantle, simply because anyone selling the gems would (or rather, should) be smart enough to make them at least 750k a shot, even at this current point in time where it's been established that Baby Yaga and La Theine Liege are relatively easily compared to some other particular lower-tier Abyssea NMs.

Yes, I know, it's terrible to make assumptions, but even with that relatively cheap price tag per gem, Masamune would run you 37.5 million basically.

/derp

You miss understand me, I am not saying it is worth the effort or a cost effective upgrade from a Hagun.

I am saying 1 thing; it is better than a Hagun.

Therefore I don't understand why a "Best non-relic GKT" list doesn't contain the actual best non-relic GKT.

Shiva.Xet said:

Thoughts?

You need 24 sTP in gear to 5hit a Keitonotachi +5sTP. Without Usukane that is going to be tricky, but should be possible
TP:
Rajas: 5
Brutal: 1
Rose: 4
Goading: 5
Hachiman: 8
Ecp ring: 1
Total: 24

As for WS…
Askar: 5
Myochin Haidate +1: 4
Hachiman Sune-ate: 5

(sets thrown together, there may be better methods to do this)

You drop 2-3 haste in TP and 1-6 STR in WS (depending on what body you planned to use)

The haste will be up to 7% drop in damage and the STR will be around 2% decrease in WS damage.

But then you need to account for the difference in Base D and the legendary TP bonus.

Keitonotachi has a base D of 91, which is 21% higher than a hagun, which increase WS and TP damage
The TP bonus on a hagun is a 20% increase in WS damage.

So the net effect should be roughly comparable WS damage. The increase in TP damage (~8% increase in overall damage) will be cancelled out by the loss of haste.

Which basically all boils down to Keitonotachi winning because of the 5hit. 20% increase in WS damage (13% overall) but a 3% decrease in damage due to the higher delay.

So very approximately, Keitonotachi with +5sTP will beat a Hagun by 8-10% without any Usukane (but does rely on Goading).
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-08-16 03:15:34
Link | Citer | R

If you can buy a Hagun at 500k again its time to sell it and figure out what everyone else is using ^^
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-08-16 03:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
If you can buy a Hagun at 500k again its time to sell it and figure out what everyone else is using ^^

Kurodachi blows Hagun out of the water when it comes to overall DoT, just getting the 10 Krab shells can be a bit of a pain. @ 2/10 for mine with 4 krab pops :< gonna be a long 16hrs.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-16 08:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:

You need 24 sTP in gear to 5hit a Keitonotachi +5sTP. Without Usukane that is going to be tricky, but should be possible
TP:
Goading: 5
Hachiman: 8
Ecp ring: 1
Total: 24

As for WS…
Askar: 5
Myochin Haidate +1: 4
Hachiman Sune-ate: 5

(sets thrown together, there may be better methods to do this)

You drop 2-3 haste in TP and 1-6 STR in WS (depending on what body you planned to use)

The haste will be up to 7% drop in damage and the STR will be around 2% decrease in WS damage.

But then you need to account for the difference in Base D and the legendary TP bonus.

Keitonotachi has a base D of 91, which is 21% higher than a hagun, which increase WS and TP damage
The TP bonus on a hagun is a 20% increase in WS damage.

So the net effect should be roughly comparable WS damage. The increase in TP damage (~8% increase in overall damage) will be cancelled out by the loss of haste.

Which basically all boils down to Keitonotachi winning because of the 5hit. 20% increase in WS damage (13% overall) but a 3% decrease in damage due to the higher delay.

So very approximately, Keitonotachi with +5sTP will beat a Hagun by 8-10% without any Usukane (but does rely on Goading).

Set is similar to what i planned but used askar in tp and swapped Askar with Perle/Haub and using enkidus for ws.

I already know i will be full timing pizza.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-16 09:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Hagun is dead stop discussing it!
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 09:15:27
Link | Citer | R

While you are right, you need to be careful trying to insult/shot people down while your profile shows a SAM wearing:

* Ace's
* Askar body
* Perle hands
* Axe Grip

You some friendly advice.
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-08-16 09:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
These three are also relatively simple to obtain, and offer some significant added effects that will benefit your party/alliance's efforts:

I've got this one, never see it pop up in discussions as to how good or bad it is though. Seems to produce decent damage as well as providing everyone else with better damage. Only GKT I use anymore, although I sold my Hagun before my last ffxi 'vacation' and had been just using an Onimaru or Soboro.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-16 09:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rawkhawk said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
These three are also relatively simple to obtain, and offer some significant added effects that will benefit your party/alliance's efforts:

I've got this one, never see it pop up in discussions as to how good or bad it is though. Seems to produce decent damage as well as providing everyone else with better damage. Only GKT I use anymore, although I sold my Hagun before my last ffxi 'vacation' and had been just using an Onimaru or Soboro.

Should roughly match Hagun in WS, should be quite a long way ahead in terms of TP damage. It should be 3-8% ahead of hagun. Even before you account for the defence down effect.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-16 09:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
While you are right, you need to be careful trying to insult/shot people down while your profile shows a SAM wearing:

* Ace's
* Askar body
* Perle hands
* Axe Grip

You some friendly advice.

Yeah and your point is? Askar Body is for the STP for my 5 hit on Keito, I don't have any usukane so i need to use it, Ace's is to offset the acc loss on the body piece, Perle hands are nicer than dusk for me as i hate having to change gear everytime i want to move, I prefer the extra dex and attack, and with a 5 hit, losing that 1-2% haste off wally turban and dusk isnt a a big deal imo, I am still much better off than a 6 hit. What is wrong with Axe Grip? Pole grip or gtfo? lol.....i use about 6 different grips, so what.

I never insulted or shot anyone down by name so dont get your knickers in a twist ^
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-16 10:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Yeah and your point is? Askar Body is for the STP for my 5 hit on Keito, I don't have any usukane so i need to use it, Ace's is to offset the acc loss on the body piece, Perle hands are nicer than dusk for me as i hate having to change gear everytime i want to move, I prefer the extra dex and attack, and with a 5 hit, losing that 1-2% haste off wally turban and dusk isnt a a big deal imo, I am still much better off than a 6 hit. What is wrong with Axe Grip? Pole grip or gtfo? lol.....i use about 6 different grips, so what.

I never insulted or shot anyone down by name so dont get your knickers in a twist ^

Think he means Rose strap. Then you wouldn't need to use Askar, that and Axe is pretty useless comparatively to Pole or even Sword if it doesn't affect xhit regardless if it's raising fSTR or not. 2% haste doesn't matter? Mmmkay
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-16 10:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:

Think he means Rose strap. Then you wouldn't need to use Askar, that and Axe is pretty useless comparatively to Pole or even Sword if it doesn't affect xhit regardless if it's raising fSTR or not. 2% haste doesn't matter? Mmmkay

generally need askar body and rose strap actually, use axe grip on sam/war mostly with 6 hit setup, not on 5hit. And no, having 16% haste on a 5 hit setup is fine, QQ about it all you like, losing that haste on a 6 hit is stupid, 20% + only.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-16 10:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Aside from that being wrong, I'd expect you to be recieving Haste spell, so that justifies it immediately. I just don't see what you're gaining from swapping Turban/Dusk to -1 pieces when they don't offer anything in terms of STP is all.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-08-17 06:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Aside from that being wrong, I'd expect you to be recieving Haste spell, so that justifies it immediately. I just don't see what you're gaining from swapping Turban/Dusk to -1 pieces when they don't offer anything in terms of STP is all.

I dont like having to use rose grip >< and i like the double attack from the askar body so i dont need to use pole grip either, leaving the slot open for something like platinum+1 or axe grip >< meh i dono, you do what works for you, as they say, im not telling anyone else what to do ^^
 Sylph.Sukh
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Sukh 2010-08-17 06:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Take your time, effort, sanity, etc. And dump it into dynamis currency. By the time everyone is finished blowing their respective "I know better than you"'s down each other's throats, you'll still have the better great katana.

On another note, the new gkt has "***" in the name, makes me smile when all I read is Hagun vs. ***-tachi.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-17 06:32:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

I dont like having to use rose grip >< and i like the double attack from the askar body so i dont need to use pole grip either, leaving the slot open for something like platinum+1 or axe grip >< meh i dono, you do what works for you, as they say, im not telling anyone else what to do ^^

My point was, you are telling people what to do (not use hagun) yet you are using gear that flies in the face of a lot of the well established and proven facts about SAM.

If you used Rose you wouldn't need askar
If you didn't need askar you could wear Hauby+1
If you wore Hauby+1 you could wear truban

You lose 7 STR and 2DA for 2 Haste and 10 accuracy.

The haste alone is enough to justify those changes, the accuracy is just a nice (and useful) by product.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-08-17 06:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
My point was, you are telling people what to do (not use hagun) yet you are using gear that flies in the face of a lot of the well established and proven facts about SAM. If you used Rose you wouldn't need askar If you didn't need askar you could wear Hauby+1 If you wore Hauby+1 you could wear truban You lose 7 STR and 2DA for 2 Haste and 10 accuracy. The haste alone is enough to justify those changes, the accuracy is just a nice (and useful) by product.

This is the same guy who accused my DRG for having a 7-hit build when I posted a screenshot of my Oathkeeper (which is now +14 DMG). He's not exactly the brightest kid, so go easy on him. ;-)
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 07:22:44
Link | Citer | R

STP+5 GKT

Wondering if a set like this would 5-hit.. and would it actually be worth it? I realise this could be better with goading / hauby+1 but as I don't have those items, this is what I came up with. Kinda reluctant to get an Askar body, as I've never been a fan.. but would be easy enough as my nyzul static is 100 and now we're getting whatever gear people want, plus goading seems like a total *** since I don't really have an active Abyssea NM LS :/
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-17 07:34:44
Link | Citer | R

That's a 5hit, would it be worth it? as long as your accuracy is nearly at cap then yea.
 Shiva.Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-08-17 07:45:54
Link | Citer | R

All i need now is to get a byakkos pop set/merc pants/merc usu legs as a stop gap and i am golden. By Golden i mean less gimp.

179 ws kills till Keitonotachi is finished. Seriously things taken 8 hours to do by time i finish. Indra's took 6 days and Varuna's 4..... shits so easy.
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 08:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
That's a 5hit, would it be worth it? as long as your accuracy is nearly at cap then yea.

That is what I'm worried about.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8