COR Gears
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-05-29 01:23:11
Link | Citer | R

56 COR atm and looking for advice on endgame gears for COR so I can get them and have them while leveling into those levels. COR is my 1st RA job so still kinda new to the gears associated with that. I.E. would lleus charm be better then pcc/sea gorget?

I have wyrmal hands already and pcc, hermes sandals, plus a surplus of sea gorgets. I'm looking to get denali set from nyzul for some racc/ratt/macc sets.

Just want to know some good gears i might not have heard of to get or how to utilize ratt/racc gear the best possible way. Trying to camp the AGI earrings set but no luck as of yet. ALSO i do not give two shits about dusk legs, I'm not paying 400k+ for that crud and waste a macro space so that i can move at regular speed so dont even bother to post about them.

Also need gun choices for 75. Looking to gear for complete DD'ing and also for being a puller. Any tips and help is appreciated^^
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:28:40
Link | Citer | R

If you plan on meriting Marksmanship, having a Qiqirn torque would be a decent alternative to PCC until you can get a faith torque. However, PCC has much more utility as it gives acc for the standard issue cor/nin melee run back and WS technique.

Denali body is a must for Detonator and QD. Also if you plan on being hardcore COR, be sure to mod the ACP body to give lowered QD recast and 5 MAB.

As far as guns go, Corsair's Gun +1 is a great choice for high damage weapon skill damage and strictly QDing. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an unlocked Coffinmaker to help land Slug Shots and even a Peacemaker if you want to use Leaden Salute or are in the need of pulling. Also for exping, martial gun is probably your best bet as the TP bonus gives a significant damage boost to detonator and acc boost to slug shot.

I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
 Cerberus.Soluna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2010-05-29 01:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Joyeuse for TP is best imo, and then for guns you can either go Coffinmaker, Martial Gun, or Corsair's Gun depending on if you shoot for TP, only WS with your gun, or are a QD fanatic.

More into the QD side of things, best body for it is the Mirke Wardecors with MAB +4, and QD delay -5. For gloves you'll want Rover's Gloves, Uggalepih Pendant, Moldavite Earring, and w/e else you can find with MAB, AGI, and Macc on it in that order.

For meleeing you'll want a lot of acc+ since we only have a B- in sword (or B+ in dagger if you have a mercurial kris), and Racc for Slugshots too, or MAB (might be wrong on this) for Leaden Salute if you unlock it.

Other misc. gear you should get is the COR relic hat, Denali pants (good for just about everything damage-wise), and althogh it won't make people scream "OMG AWESOME COR" you can try capping throwing to land the Winds you get from sky if your LS doesn't bring a RNG.

As for PCC or lleus charm, I'd go PCC since I doubt you would have capped acc/racc once you hit 75, but try also getting the MAB neck piece from Ru'Aun Gardens too from the FoV chests up there for QD.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 01:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Wow, never seen that before. Being 8 months past due will do that.
 Sylph.Jetu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2010-05-29 03:00:36
Link | Citer | R

i ditched my Veuglaire once i got a Huracan (DMG:40 Delay:582 MP+30 Macc+10)

and in my experience the Martial Gun does more dmg for Leaden Salute
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-05-29 03:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Does magic acc affect QD?
 Sylph.Jetu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2010-05-29 03:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Weewoo said:
yes it does
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 04:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Weewoo said:
yes but not damage. Also...don't ever sub whm..if you need another backup healer, sub rdm or blu.../whm is useless
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 05:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
yes but not damage. Also...don't ever sub whm..if you need another backup healer, sub rdm or blu.../whm is useless

/WHM is useless how? Because /RDM gives you Erase and all of the other valuable -na spells? Along with more MP? It all depends on the situation.

Please stop spreading this horrible piece of information.

~~~~As for OP...

Depending on the situation you'll gear yourself accordingly obviously.

Guns: A Coffinmaker is tripe.. a bridge until you get something better. I wouldn't waste my time braking latent on one. Get yourself a Martial gun. The TP bonus will make up for the inherent acc penalty of slug shot pretty well along with adding a nice bonus to Detonator.

Magian guns. Wile the Magnatus has the highest base damage, and as I'm told will yield higher QD shots over the M.Att augmented gun It is a single use gun. The M.Att augment will also work for situations you will use LS a lot (IE: Dynamis, Limbus, Highly evasive mobs)

The Oat Dragonmaw is definitely what you want to work on getting. This will exponentially bring up your damage in all situations simply based on DOT damage and WS frequency. The drop in base damage is honestly just nitpicking when it comes to that gun.

As for armor. Denali body is great for QD since I already have my ACP body for RDM tanking. If you're not bound with it to something else the Matt/QD recast can't be beat. For Denali on ws.... I would stack STR over AGI any day on Detonator so I think it's a moot point to suggest people to stack 2nd modifiers onto ws. It will add to the base damage but so will STR and STR will always go toward bringing up your fSTR. You should already have your AF2 body on you at all times. I've used both, I also use a Blue Coat +1 for detonator now.

If you're meleeing for TP you will surely want to use the Martial gun at all times. The Cobra Harness from allied notes is the best you can get for COR. Joyeuse, M.Kris both are personal preference of the COR. I go for the Joyeuse because I'm taru and I don't want to hit for 0's. I also have sword merits.

If you do limbus a lot, Do not neglect your AF+1! Feet, Hat, Body. All of them become great pieces for cor that have no matching alternatives. Dusk Hands, Feet and Legs are all great pieces to have but you've already mentioned not wanting to spend the money on legs.... though for anything ranged they are your best option sans Skadi.

For ranged situations cor's B skill in marksmanship hurts a lot. Merits help out a lot as well as a sea torque if you have a shell that can get it for you. It will be a very rare time when you can substitute any of your R.Acc gear for R.Att. The only time I'm able to do this is in a highly buffed ranger party. Cor is also a big lucky in the fact that some of our items/upgrades share both. Such as Upgrading from the Buccaneer's belt to Commodore's belt. Commodore Gants to Blood Gaunts.

Really there is a TON of gear out there for COR. It's a joy to play and so versatile in every role. You can play it light on gear, but don't expect your DD/Curing/Healing roles to impress anyone. Most times people will notice what you're doing is if they don't have a roll >.> To give an example if I'm at a Linkshell event my inventory is typically 70/80 just of my gear sets. With most Cards/Ele Staffs in my satchel.

tl;dr - You need a LOT of gear to do good damage on COR. You need a lot more knowledge about every situation to be a good COR.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 06:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

/WHM is useless how? Because /RDM gives you Erase and all of the other valuable -na spells? Along with more MP? It all depends on the situation.

/whm is useless b/c it gives absolutely nothing to the initial job itself. You get erase and raise. That is about it. /rdm you get MAB as well as healing spells. /blu you get MAB, Agi and healing spells. /whm is useless

inb4only healer. If you are relying on a cor/whm to be your only form of healing, you need to quit the game. Cor/whm = rng/whm = useless
 Valefor.Xiga
Serveur: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-05-29 06:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you really need to quit the game if you sub /WHM. Shame on you subbing WHM in a videogame! If you sub /WHM, you don't have the right to play and enjoy FF XI, because it's *** serious business and you'll gimp youself by 3,43523%, which is so damn *** important. GDI, how dare you. Tears come to my eyes. Pls, quit the game.

Serious mode on: I think if I read X sj is useless again, or another "quit the game, Denali Bonnet is useless", tons of math (ok I have to admit that's quite amusing LOL), another stupid "Hey, you wear Askar Head, quit the game!" I'm gonna explode. This weird, stupid form of elitism is ridiculous on a level, I can't even describe.

Just my few cents. ^^

@topic

Get yourself a Diana Corona, it will help with light/darkshots.

[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 06:29:31
Link | Citer | R

never once did I say quit the game if you sub whm b/c I know I've been forced to do it in merit ptys by dumbass leaders, I said quit the game if cor/whm is ur only form of healing in a pty.

Second, saying /whm is useless isn't being an elitist, its a fact. You have /rdm, why sub whm? /rdm gives a hell of a lot more to cor than /whm does with what? The loss of erase or maybe a raise that you SHOULDN'T need? Hell, /blu is the best option I've seen and ppl still think /whm is better. I'm not being an elitist for saying you are a dumbfuck, I'm being truthful.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 06:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

/whm is useless b/c it gives absolutely nothing to the initial job itself. You get erase and raise. That is about it. /rdm you get MAB as well as healing spells. /blu you get MAB, Agi and healing spells. /whm is useless

inb4only healer. If you are relying on a cor/whm to be your only form of healing, you need to quit the game. Cor/whm = rng/whm = useless

I'm not fond of beating this dead horse. It wasn't the OP's question. You can't be this closed minded! The fact that you use the word "useless" already means you're wrong when in fact /whm has as many situational uses as every other cor sub. You're claiming it's bad because it doesn't add the abilities YOU want. Yes MAB +20 from /rdm is really nice if you need to QD a lot, like Fafnir for example. Also giving you access to cure3.

With the abysmal MP pool of most race/cor combinations you shouldn't be tossing out cures anyway. The main benefit of subbing mage as a support role is to lessen the burden on your party or on your healer. They don't need some cor blindly tossing cures around but removing status effects and the BS maintenance helps out your healers a lot. Not saying /Blu and /Rdm aren't useful also in their own respects. It's all about what you're going to encounter.

/WHM also gives you access to divine seal and Curaga I-II. As well as being able to remove status effects. Cursna, Blindna, Paralyna etc.. If you're in a DD party fighting slimes, or anything that spams AoE TP moves, again /whm is useful. Doom doesn't come off with just one Cursna either.

Have you ever fought Odin? Do you know what happens when tanks get unlucky with adds or hundred needles and he hits the ranger party with a bindga move then proceeds to the mages after killing the rng who pulled hate? You could have erased the bind from another rng and he could have been shadowbound for a recovery. There's lots of HNM's who are highly resistant to magic who also have AoE status effect moves. So stacking Mab is a moot point.

Yes, sometimes you DO need to be a full support class. You do need to swiss army yourself. If you can't decipher when and what they are, maybe you don't need to tell anyone to quit the game huh?

[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 07:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

I'm not fond of beating this dead horse. It wasn't the OP's question. You can't be this closed minded! The fact that you use the word "useless" already means you're wrong when in fact /whm has as many situational uses as every other cor sub. You're claiming it's bad because it doesn't add the abilities YOU want. Yes MAB 20 from /rdm is really nice if you need to QD a lot, like Fafnir for example. Also giving you access to cure3.

With the abysmal MP pool of most race/cor combinations you shouldn't be tossing out cures anyway. The main benefit of subbing mage as a support role is to lessen the burden on your party or on your healer. They don't need some cor blindly tossing cures around but removing status effects and the BS maintenance helps out your healers a lot. Not saying /Blu and /Rdm aren't useful also in their own respects. It's all about what you're going to encounter.

/WHM also gives you access to divine seal and Curaga I-II. As well as being able to remove status effects. Cursna, Blindna, Paralyna etc.. If you're in a DD party fighting slimes, or anything that spams AoE TP moves, again /whm is useful. Doom doesn't come off with just one Cursna either.

Have you ever fought Odin? Do you know what happens when tanks get unlucky with adds or hundred needles and he hits the ranger party with a bindga move then proceeds to the mages after killing the rng who pulled hate? You could have erased the bind from another rng and he could have been shadowbound for a recovery. There's lots of HNM's who are highly resistant to magic who also have AoE status effect moves. So stacking Mab is a moot point.

Yes, sometimes you DO need to be a full support class. You do need to swiss army yourself. If you can't decipher when and what they are, maybe you don't need to tell anyone to quit the game huh?
and again, cor isn't JUST a support class. You are right, there are situations where magic is not the best option, that's where /rng comes in. You say oh having extra help blah blah, A cor is a rng with slightly less skill to make room for party buffs sooooo would you ask a rng to sub whm? If not, why ask a cor to gimp himself b/c your healer can't handle the load that comes with a job? How about you get the rdm to sub war next time so that if the PLD can't hold hate, the rdm can help out?

Edit: you made a comment about it being situational and all this ***, do you realize how many cor/whm I just saw when I did /sea all cor? out of 21, 2 of them were not subbing whm. 19/21 were subbing whm..and only 4 of them were in merit ptys.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 07:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Rofl! The day I outparse rangers is the day I'll ask them to help out on the healing.

http://forums.windower.net/topic/12504-kparser/

Here! Go use this. Tell me how much gimpier your total DOT is when you loose out on the +20 mab of /rdm. A whole 10damage less on your QD's

You can still shoot and melee for tp when /whm ya nutsack.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 07:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Rofl! The day I outparse rangers is the day I'll ask them to help out on the healing.
did I say anything about out parsing? No. I said it is a rng with less skill to make room for buffs. Cor can do damn good damage when subbing rng and can be at the top of the parse charts (granted not as high as rng) but to force cor to sub whm just b/c your healer is a little *** is just gimping the job.

Edit: as /whm, again, you receive no benefits to the Cor job so yes while you CAN melee and shoot, of course you wont out parse ANYONE save for maybe the healer and puller. Again, would you ask a rng to sub whm? or a rdm to sub war?
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 07:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
did I say anything about out parsing? No. I said it is a rng with less skill to make room for buffs. Cor can do damn good damage when subbing rng and can be at the top of the parse charts (granted not as high as rng) but to force cor to sub whm just b/c your healer is a little *** is just gimping the job.

You need to do something that isn't exp party.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 07:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

You need to do something that isn't exp party.
I do tyvm and not once was cor/whm required. Everywhere I go, the healers always know their job and how to do it properly. There have been some cases where /rdm was needed, but /whm was never needed.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 07:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
would you ask a rng to sub whm? or a rdm to sub war?

I RDM/WAR tank Orcus. Any questions?
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 07:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
and how does that compare to a job that would tank it better?
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 07:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

It's a fantastic choice to be honest. The ability to reach PDT- cap through gear along with self stoneskin and phalanx. Also adding provoke to the list of hate generating abilities RDM already uses.

Though what would you choose to "tank it better"?

Edit: actually I'm done here. I've just been bored this morning and I feel bad for the disarray we've left the OP's thread in. I'm fine for having a realistic conversation about these things, but you just don't bring any good points to the table. I'm sorry.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 07:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

It's a fantastic choice to be honest. The ability to reach PDT- cap through gear along with self stoneskin and phalanx. Also adding provoke to the list of hate generating abilities RDM already uses.

Edit: actually I'm done here. I've just been bored this morning and I feel bad for the disarray we've left the OP's thread in. I'm fine for having a realistic conversation about these things, but you just don't bring any good points to the table. I'm sorry.
and so you run, have yet to see you bring any "points" to the table either. You keep saying oh additional help yea well like I said, if your healer can't handle it, get a new *** healer. Just like if a tank can't tank it, get a new *** tank. Also, I'm pretty sure rdm/drk can hit the hate threshold faster than rdm/war...but w/e. Cor/whm is pathetic, lazy, and useless. End of story.
 Valefor.Xiga
Serveur: Valefor
user: M4k4i
By Valefor.Xiga 2010-05-29 07:48:29
Link | Citer | R

If you don't wanna get Dusk Legs, try to get either COR Af2 legs or Enkidu's Subligar for ws. Moogle hat with ws-acc +15, str. +4, ranged. acc. +10 and ranged acc. +5 will help you with accuracy, so you can focus on str and agi in other slots. Especially for slug shot, you could try to get a Mamool Ja Mantle, otherwise use Amemet +1, ofc.

For tp, Enkidu's Leggings are a very good choice. To gain additional haste you could try to get Barbarossa legs or augmented legs with 3% haste and 7 acc. from shant. asc. fight. Kusha's and Lava's Ring will do a great job, too. COR/WAR in merit party, with Joytoy or Mkris equipped is fun, you'll see that lol. Imo a nice earring, ofc if you don't have better options, is a Sarabande Earring (acc.+2, chr.+2), this one would also grant a minimal boost to waltzes if you sub Dancer (like during Moblin Maze).

Well, have fun ^^

Leviathan.Scid
By Leviathan.Scid 2010-05-29 08:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

and so you run, have yet to see you bring any "points" to the table either. You keep saying oh additional help yea well like I said, if your healer can't handle it, get a new *** healer. Just like if a tank can't tank it, get a new *** tank. Also, I'm pretty sure rdm/drk can hit the hate threshold faster than rdm/war...but w/e. Cor/whm is pathetic, lazy, and useless. End of story.

Have you ever done anything other than a merit party on COR and if so, have you ever done an event with under 20 people? From the sounds of it you've never done an event where you -needed- an another eraser, someone with NA's or a situation where you can't go melee the thing?
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderlips
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Thunderlips 2010-05-29 08:48:13
Link | Citer | R

As far as gears go it really depends on what you want to do.

When you have to /whm (and as much as I hate it and try to get out of it there are times it makes sense to come /whm), a MP+ build of mostly wyrmal gear, Apollo's staff, staff grip is very handy.

When you are going to support a mage party (or any other time you can /rdm or /blu)you can focus on QD damage, you will want as much MAB+ and m.acc as you can get. Things like a moldy earring or the set of Cassandra + Helenus earrings are very nice. A Uggaleiph pendant is one of the best QD necks as long as you can keep your MP under 50%. Also head to Xarcabard and get a pair of Rover's gloves.

As far as QD goes, your damage will be increased by having a high damage gun + bullet, using your af1/af1+1 hat, and stacking MAB. A gun with a high base damage (like the 46 on posted) will beat out lower guns with MAB+ on them, with the exception being Death Penalty.

You will want HQ staves if you can afford them as they increase both the damage and accuracy of QD. AGI also helps with QD accuracy, however I value M.Acc over AGI and treat them as 1 m.acc = 2 agi when comparing gear. If you augment the ACP body with MAB+ and QD recast- use that over Denali body. AGI+ food can be used to help with resists, otherwise no food really helps you out much when you are relying on QD for damage.

Now the other way you can come to end game events is /rng. Here using a Vulcan staff or a Mekki Shakki will be your best bet. As far as a gun goes, Martial will give you the best results on WS damage overall, and not produce the TP spam that the OAT gun would. For TP you will want to focus on r.acc gear as much as you can, and for WS if you use Slug a lot you will still want some acc but can trade out a few pieces for STR+. If you use detonator, it is pretty accurate on its own so you can stack a lot of STR+ to increase its damage.

For WS even though its not a mod, STR > AGI. If you do Limbus I would highly recommend you get the +1 versions of Hat, Body and Feet. All three pieces are very useful in a number of gear sets. If you have not yet used your ASA legs you could also make a R.Acc+/R.Atk+ or R.Acc+/Barrage+1 piece for ranged tping (unless you have skadi pants of course). If not, Denali legs are great for ranged tping and af2 legs or enkidu subligar are good for ranged ws. I noticed you said you have crimson hands which are great for tp, you may consider getting enkidu hands for ranged ws.

When it comes down to it, COR is very versatile in its role as both support and DD. It can do both jobs well; it just depends how much you want to maximize your performance in return for having to keep a lot of gear in inventory + spending what could be a lot of time camping some gear/doing moogle trials for weapons.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 13:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Scid said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Flufferkins said:

Have you ever done anything other than a merit party on COR and if so, have you ever done an event with under 20 people? From the sounds of it you've never done an event where you -needed- an another eraser, someone with NA's or a situation where you can't go melee the thing?
Yes, I do many end-game events weekly and not once has it been necessary for me to go /whm. Again, would you ask a rng to sub whm? If not, then stfu, if so, quit the game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6