First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biddy said:

Fair enough on the merit party /rdm. I think deep down you do realize /whm has a place, but are just too stubborn to admit it at this time :P
maybe you are right, but I have yet to be in a situation where /whm has been needed..and doing /sea all cor only to find that 10/12 are subbing whm is very upsetting ; ;
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-01 17:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Biddy said:

Fair enough on the merit party /rdm. I think deep down you do realize /whm has a place, but are just too stubborn to admit it at this time :P
maybe you are right, but I have yet to be in a situation where /whm has been needed..and doing /sea all cor only to find that 10/12 are subbing whm is very upsetting ; ;

Having extra -nas and Erases on things that shouldn't be fed TP isn't cool at all IMO.

Edit: I could give two shits about your Epeen QD damage when there are people paralyzed, slowed, etc.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:41:15
Link | Citer | R

sch/whm should be there anyway....
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-01 17:45:28
Link | Citer | R

They could be sleeping, picking their nose, idk. I'm sorry but your extra few damage from subbing /rdm or /blu what the *** ever doesn't matter when you could be assisting in removing status ailments. Also not every situation you're going to have a SCH unless your shell has like 9000 people in it.... then maybe....
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 17:49:14
Link | Citer | R

GL arguing against this guy Niniann, I hope you have the patience of a saint.
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-01 17:50:33
Link | Citer | R

Lol how did this thread turn into a /whm debate? i just wanted to know gears to be a good puller and do some decent damage.

To put my two cents in on this debate though idgaf what you sub as long as ppl arent dead. /whm has its place for things, me personally id like to have curagas divine seal and erase debuff spells for ppl over subbing where your going to get a small bonus to quickdraw. Honestly if you have to sub a mage job for cor then you might as well sub whm b/c your melee/gun damage will most likely be gimped anyhow.

Further more crying about /whm for cor is pretty much like a BRD crying he cant go /nin with a blau/joy and full hecatomb gear to merit pts. Can it be bad ***? Sure it can. Yeah a BRD might be able to pullout 1k evi's but you do whats needed end of story. If you dont like it then dont play and sit around do what you want.

To me COR is RNG-BRD hybrid and its role is not set in stone. The main purpose to COR is buff a pt like a brd that has an added benefit of being able to do damage and very good damage at that. But like i said BRD has the same advantage with the right gears, although BRD is set in stone as being a buff/backup heal.
 Asura.Zarine
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 17:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
sch/whm should be there anyway....

Where? Which event are we talking here? How many people do you have and which jobs are available? Completely impossible to sum it all up with a "SCH/WHM should be there anyway...". If your setup is less than perfect for the fight, and most times it is, you really should suck it up and use whichever sub is most beneficial at the time.

And again, QD still works no matter which sub you have, and ~10 less damage/shot isn't going to make a huge difference.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
They could be sleeping, picking their nose, idk. I'm sorry but your extra few damage from subbing /rdm or /blu what the *** ever doesn't matter when you could be assisting in removing status ailments. Also not every situation you're going to have a SCH unless your shell has like 9000 people in it.... then maybe....
fair enough, but in situations where the mobs do not spam enfeebles (such as merits or lower end HNMs) /whm isn't as efficient b/c 99% of the time, there will be a job there that can erase etc such as a sch. If they are sleeping, find a new sch. Much like rdms that won't sub whm....find a new rdm. Also, most endgame events have a brd...instead of the brd subbing nin, why not make them sub whm instead of the cor which actually has dmg dealing capabilities.
 Asura.Bonlack
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-01 17:54:18
Link | Citer | R

To further add that other jobs should be there to take care of ppl such as whm/rdm/sch etc. Ya sure them jobs are there to take care of that, but im sure everyone has experienced the ninja afk'er who leaves for 10mins with not a word to mention it. Or the guy who is to busy picking his nose to pay attention to wtf is going on. So /whm is a good idea but as everyone says its all situational.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
GL arguing against this guy Niniann, I hope you have the patience of a saint.
stfu, you were arguing about ajob that you don't even have above 37 so everything you said holds 0% credibility
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-01 18:00:52
Link | Citer | R

@Dub

Taking this step by step, my quote function isn't working idkwhy.

If feeding TP to the mob is fine (aka places where you can take DNC to), then that COR better *** be contributing damage whether it's /dnc /war /nin whatever, depends on the situation, but it better be poking things and shooting things. I'm not denying this, in fact I'm a huge advocate of DD COR--the main COR in my LS outparces normal DDs on a frequent basis, or is on-par with them. (He's amazing, plays aggressively, etc etc.)

WHM IS efficient because a lot of the time the only things that have -nas Erases are WHM mains, and BRDs. RDM as well, but if the situation calls them to sub something else (See /BLM for crowd control, /NIN for tanking, /DRK For Chainstunning) I expect your COR *** to be /whm and contributing. Not to mention RDMs and WHMs are often times focused with other aspects of healing (situational, ofc), and it'd be a HUGE load off of them to throw out -nas and Erases.

As I said, BRD should always be *** /whm at endgame (unless /blm)... and if you can't melee something, and it spams enfeebles, so should you. End of story.

Edit: forgot to mention BRDs are spell-locked a lot and can't provide instant -nas a lot of the time.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-01 18:05:24
Link | Citer | R

This debate is fun but,

Why would SCH ever sub WHM at 75? SCH/RDM is best for just about everything.

Also, with the right QD build and doing it every 45 secs, its going to do a large amount of dmg, more than Niniann is giving it credit.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:08:17
Link | Citer | R

sch/whm for aoe erase? unless sch gets erase on its own....idk my sch is still 26 XD
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-06-01 18:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
This debate is fun but,

Why would SCH ever sub WHM at 75? SCH/RDM is best for just about everything.

Also, with the right QD build and doing it every 45 secs, its going to do a large amount of dmg, more than Niniann is giving it credit.

Didn't even notice that. I know COR/RDM is amazing, but it depends where. :/
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-01 18:10:25
Link | Citer | R

SCH gets erase at 39.

Somethings thats nice about QD that a good amount of people don't know is that it gives 0 TP, and goes through shadows as well.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 18:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
stfu, you were arguing about ajob that you don't even have above 37 so everything you said holds 0% credibility

Lets look at credibility seeing as you brought it up.
 Asura.Biddy
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-01 18:17:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:

If I math this wrong, please say something...

But let's take a 5 hour NM fight (assuming 45 second QD timer). You will be able to get off 80 shots/hour, 400 shots total. For shits and giggles, lets say the COR/RDM hits for 400 damage/shot - that is 160,000 total damage.

Take your COR/WHM, and say they do 390/shot (pulling numbers out my *** here, but the number really isn't that much lower). 400 shots at 390 damage - 156,000 total damage.

4k damage difference over five hours. :3 ~13.3 damage more per minute.

Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:20:23
Link | Citer | R

comment ratings show no credibility actually. I can be completely right or wrong and if ppl agree with me, they rate me up, if they dont, they rate me down. At one time, my comment was +3 and his was -2. He then got all of his friends to reverse the scores by continuously rating me down. If you look at the other comment that someone else posted, it is also rated low. Any positive comment towards me is usually rated down.

Also, like I said, those comments were b/c of a religious thread that Aki made so of course those that didn't agree with his view would be rated down by those that did. In his post, he said muslims do this sin and this and that and blah blah so I showed him what christians do that doesn't agree with other religions which is why he made said comment on my page. Learn the truth before you spew ***on a page.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 18:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Lol calm down.

If you don't like your own medicine don't dish it out k?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Lol calm down.

If you don't like your own medicine don't dish it out k?
but talking about a job you don't even have is not the same as being scored down by ppl that don't like you. Like I said, ppl rate you down for not agreeing with you so that does nothing for or against credibility, unlike not having the job leveled that you feel so confident about.
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 18:29:52
Link | Citer | R

It is possible to know about other jobs if you don't play them.. O.o
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-01 18:30:10
Link | Citer | R

I get, with about top mab gear and staff (no obi) and no MAB roll COR/RDM will do 429 per shot, COR/WHM with same gear, will do 371.

So, using your example, COR/RDM will do 171,600 total dmg

COR/WHM would do 148,400 total dmg

Difference of 23,200 dmg.

So 77.3 more dmg per minute.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 18:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zarine said:

Not if your talking to Nubont, your an idiot if you don't agree with what he says, just look at the SS, confirms this.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zarine said:
saying that 1 job will out dmg another job by using x/y weapons holds no water at all when you don't even have the personal experience to speak. That would be like me saying...cor/rng sucked if my cor was lv 37 and all my info was only based off of seeing other Cor as /whm. Of course my opinion would be biased and faulty b/c it would be based off of what I had seen, not what I had done.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Asura.Zarine said:

Not if your talking to Nubont, your an idiot if you don't agree with what he says, just look at the SS, confirms this.
the SS confirms nothing. Go back and read the thread where he posted about Muslims and everything wrong with their religion. He listed everything bad about that religion. I, in return, listed everything wrong with HIS religion which caused the thread to be locked. In response, he posted the comment on my page saying im a piece of ***blah blah ONLY b/c I showed him the wrong in his statements.

Edit: You have no right to say ***about me. Look at your achievement rating then look at mine. You also talk about jobs that you have no exp with. Everything you say is lacking credibility. You should quit while you are behind.
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 18:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
I get, with about top mab gear and staff (no obi) and no MAB roll COR/RDM will do 429 per shot, COR/WHM with same gear, will do 371.

So, using your example, COR/RDM will do 171,600 total dmg

COR/WHM would do 148,400 total dmg

Difference of 23,200 dmg.

So 77.3 more dmg per minute.

Pulling numbers out one's bum is normally a bad practice, I try not to do it, but I felt like mathing a bit. D:

In any case, 4,600 damage extra an hour isn't anything to scoff at. Just have to take the situation into account.

And before I get branded a full-time cor/whm, I'm not. I love me some /rdm also, along with the other subs, I just get annoyed when people go on the /whm rants (not directed at you, Kimble).
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 18:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Look at your achievement rating then look at mine. You also talk about jobs that you have no exp with. Everything you say is lacking credibility. You should quit while you are behind.

Oh yeh I should have looked at your FFXIAH achievement rating before, obviously your 5 figure rating means so so much, how could I possibly not have considered your rating of 11455 means you are right about everything. How silly of me.
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 18:43:55
Link | Citer | R

My rating is 15081 (1209) D:

I'm a failure! *runs away crying*
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 18:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Look at your achievement rating then look at mine. You also talk about jobs that you have no exp with. Everything you say is lacking credibility. You should quit while you are behind.

Oh yeh I should have looked at your FFXIAH achievement rating before, obviously your 5 figure rating means so so much, how could I possibly not have consider your rating of 11455 means you are right about everything. How silly of me.
and here you go getting defensive lol. You speak as if you know everything about Sam which you don't. You don't even have the job past 37 lol. Granted, mine is only 62 on my character and 61 on my alt (which HAS soboro), but I have definitely had a lot more exp than you.

The fact that you try to bring ***from 2 other threads into a thread that has NOTHING to do with Sam OR religion, shows that you are just throwing hollow ***for no reason. Gtfo and never come back
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-06-01 18:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I just said GL to Ninian, it was you that started getting personal (again) and telling me I know nothing. I mean you think that your achievement rating gives you some sort of status of knowledge? That alone shows how incredibly delusioned you are.

You don't have the right to tell people they are idiots just because you do not agree with there views.

It's not my fault you need to get personal every time you feel you are losing an argument, but I guess you need to bolster you e-peen to conpensate for your lack thereof in RL =)