COR Gears
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:31:04
Link | Citer | R

So what you guys are saying is...Cor = brd with a gun that he shouldn't use? B/c when I see a cor/whm thats what they are saying...seeing as how cor/whm dmg sucks...whats the use of playing Cor if you aren't going to even TRY to deal decent damage? Just play a brd if you wanna buff and sub whm.
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-29 23:31:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Cor/whm is just as bad as *** War/whm.
Buttersheep!

Anyways, COR is not a set in stone DD like WAR is these days, its core is a support role. Enhancing the ability to support with /whm makes no sense to you why?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-29 23:33:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
A decent geared cor/rng or cor/war will easily make the top 3 in a parse.
you better kick that really shitty DD who's getting beat by a cor.
lol so must I do the same to the DD that get out parsed by PUP or BST?
um...what do pups and bst have to do with cor?
oh yeah nothing.
a cor should NEVER out parse a competent sam,war,drg, typical meripo DD.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-29 23:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Unless they're very poorly merited/geared.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 23:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis, Einherjar, Limbus, better of as COR/DNC if you need Nas and Erase that badly. Hell, if you need the support in merits, /DNC better there too.

For merits, considering your part is most likely going to be DD, DD, COR, BRD, RDM, DNC, id hope to good COR is 3rd on parse or something is wrong.

Clearly, a COR isnt going to out do DRK, WAR, SAM, that not the point. If you NEED the COR to be /WHM to be successful at something, there are other problems going on.

Considering RNG is a very good DD for most/all VNM because they can deal dmg from range, I dont see why COR would be that much worse.

A lot of gear has been added for COR since it first came out, which is where all the COR/WHM stuff came from.

Basically, if you cant Ranged DD it, gear for QD, if you cant Ranged DD and QD it, then go ahead and /whm. But I think those situations will be few and far between.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 23:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Wait sorry: Bard has roughly equal combat skills, but they still have better gear options.

You seem to forget how much stronger Gun WS are compared to Dagger WS.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:47:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Wait sorry: Bard has roughly equal combat skills, but they still have better gear options.

You seem to forget how much stronger Gun WS are compared to Dagger WS.
save your fingers. This is probably the same group of herp derps that think /war is the only useful sub for nin.
 Shiva.Kasui
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-05-29 23:52:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Dynamis, Einherjar, Limbus, better of as COR/DNC if you need Nas and Erase that badly. Hell, if you need the support in merits, /DNC better there too.

For merits, considering your part is most likely going to be DD, DD, COR, BRD, RDM, DNC, id hope to good COR is 3rd on parse or something is wrong.

Clearly, a COR isnt going to out do DRK, WAR, SAM, that not the point. If you NEED the COR to be /WHM to be successful at something, there are other problems going on.

Considering RNG is a very good DD for most/all VNM because they can deal dmg from range, I dont see why COR would be that much worse.

A lot of gear has been added for COR since it first came out, which is where all the COR/WHM stuff came from.

Basically, if you cant Ranged DD it, gear for QD, if you cant Ranged DD and QD it, then go ahead and /whm. But I think those situations will be few and far between.

Not all situations are the same. I'd never /DNC and find my time swiging a Sword/Axe or Shooting for TP to cure someone in the long run is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for my play style and my linkshells. Lowmanning things, I want to prevent any possibility for taking additional damage while trying to melee for tp when I can simply sub /WHM and have everything I need at my disposal.

I play COR like BRD because I see it as the same. Wasting time trying to be a DD that it's not isn't on my to-do list. I'm there to support the party, not be pirate.

As for merit parties, I merit with my linkshell which includes GugnirDRG/SAM, SoboroYoichi SAM, BRD/NINx2, RDM/WHMx1, and COR/WHMx1. Banish is a lovely way to help pulling when you need both camps to keep that lovely XP/HR heh.

Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-29 23:54:20
Link | Citer | R

A debate with insult is no longer a debate.
And honestly /war has few applications outside of exp parties, or DDing (inb4lolninDD)
That said, choosing not to use a sub when it is the most useful is just ignorant.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 23:58:01
Link | Citer | R

I really do wonder, for the people who say COR DD is useless...

How many of you have gone and made a GOOD DD set and try it? I know ive used COR/WAR on Cerb, Khim, DI, JOL and have done good dmg so I fail to see how COR/WAR has very little use outside of merits.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-30 00:00:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
I've seen quite a few exceptional DD CORs, all I'm saying is that it's not the only thing it can/should do.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 00:03:57
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say COR is better than RNG at DD, but, its not as far behind as people think.

I can break over 400-420 racc with /WAR, pot-au-feu and my current gear.

Like I said, /WHM has its uses, butits not as useful as you guys make it out to be.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 00:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Daimos said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I've seen quite a few exceptional DD CORs, all I'm saying is that it's not the only thing it can/should do.

Im not saying that either, you have to know what subs to use. QD is a great source of DMG if you are unable to Ranged damage something. Not sure why its getting over looked.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 00:12:36
Link | Citer | R

I think you might be getting Dubont and I confused because I never said WHM was useless. I said it has its uses, I even said, if you cant QD it or Ranged DD, than you should /whm.

I said WHM isn't as useful as some of you are making it out to be.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-30 00:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
If corsair was just a ranger with rolls...why would anyone level ranger? .
Because ranger has hats with marijuana leaves on them?
Why else :O
 Bismarck.Aryden
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 11:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Corsair doesn't have Snapshot.

Inherently no, however, my friends Barbut and Mirke say hello.

Quote:
I can break over 400-420 racc with /WAR, pot-au-feu and my current gear.

Sorry not ball-busting but, Rng/War i can cap Ratt at 999 and maintain 90% + Racc, Cor cannot.

Really tired of this Rng VS Cor bs. Both have their capabilities and both are VERY good at what they do within those boundaries. They work even better when they work together.

@OP, I havent seen it suggested here, but depending on your situations i would advise at the very least Apollo's staff and Vulcan's staff. Also, not sure of the effect to QD/Leaden salute, but how about elemental Obi's?
 Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Numbahz
By Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz 2010-05-30 11:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Ranger POwa !!! oh wait i have cor too but still RNG4lyfe !
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 11:57:39
Link | Citer | R

I've seen some (ok 1) cor put out some pretty decent dmg. Well outside of QD of course
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-30 11:57:41
Link | Citer | R

This alone explains it all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 12:10:29
Link | Citer | R

It was ws numbers wasn't looking at total dmg. And it wasn't comparing it to a rng. It isn't a rng.

But if you wanna look at total dmg over time I'd say cor. Parse a pt with a rng in it then parse that same pt switching a cor in. I think we all know which one will be higher.

Also cor can hit higher lvls of ratt if the rng isn't getting the rolls that the cor is providing...
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-30 12:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
It was ws numbers wasn't looking at total dmg. And it wasn't comparing it to a rng. It isn't a rng.

But if you wanna look at total dmg over time I'd say cor. Parse a pt with a rng in it then parse that same pt switching a cor in. I think we all know which one will be higher.
If we are going by that logic I think Bard might be one of the best DD's around
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 12:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok, lets put it like this

The people who are saying COR cant DD are equally as stupid as the people that says COR/WHM is 100% useless.