First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 12:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
It was ws numbers wasn't looking at total dmg. And it wasn't comparing it to a rng. It isn't a rng.

But if you wanna look at total dmg over time I'd say cor. Parse a pt with a rng in it then parse that same pt switching a cor in. I think we all know which one will be higher.

Also cor can hit higher lvls of ratt if the rng isn't getting the rolls that the cor is providing...

I'm not sure if I'm reading that right but it sounds like you're saying COR can do more damage over time opposed to a rng in a meritpo which just isn't true.

Above avg geared cor in a party with 3 other above avg DD's is only going to push 11-14% of the damage, where as a rng will be in the 20s. This is based on parses I've been in and it seems consistent.

This same cor has outparsed entire meritpo's(Trash DD's obviously) so he's no slacker lol, Just sayin' before someone tries to say this cor sucks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 12:24:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm saying having a cor in your party will boost your dmg more than getting a rng.
 Caitsith.Alriath
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-05-30 12:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm saying having a cor in your party will boost your dmg more than getting a rng.

Ahh ok thats what I thought you might have meant, and I agree(I never invite rngs)100%.
 Bismarck.Aryden
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 12:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also cor can hit higher lvls of ratt if the rng isn't getting the rolls that the cor is providing...

Umm... Scout's socks (+10), Vali's bow (+23), My HF +1 (17 + 10 for weaponskills), +15% with Vshot, 17 ratt from skill, ontop of which Rng can gear for STR + Ratt and still keep high accuracy, cor cannot.

Like i said, /war i can hit 999 Ratt, cor cant, try again.

Quote:
But if you wanna look at total dmg over time I'd say cor. Parse a pt with a rng in it then parse that same pt switching a cor in. I think we all know which one will be higher.

Yes we know who will be higher... Rng. Especially /sam. I parse all the time when i do buffer/merit pts. I havent seen a cor yet come even close to my total dmg done, even when i get silly *** rolls like fighter's...In fact, the last meripo i parsed, about 2 weeks ago, we had 2 cor's. Sam roll + chaos + Hunters + Fighters. I parsed 47%... The cor/rng parsed 21%... dont even get me started on how fail the war and sam were.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-30 12:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Damn, I really cant wait now for COR/RNG to have V shot, going to be hot.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 12:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Damn, I really cant wait now for COR/RNG to have V shot, going to be hot.

It will unless SE nerfs it as a sub job JA. Which, for the sake of the Cor/Rng combo, i hope they dont.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 12:41:29
Link | Citer | R

The main benefit is going to not just be the job's ability in and of itself. Take into account the fact that as you roll for mages, and what not, there will be periods of time in which you may not have DD rolls on you as a cor while other dd's, like rng, should. So if you overwrite chaos with evoker's, youre now missing a hell of alot of ratt, same goes with hunter's roll.

Just like my pld and ninja subs, its all situational, you have to think on a pt/alliance level at endgame not a personal level, and you should be doing what benefits your group overall, not just you as an individual, it's why i dont complain when melee dd's get 2x march or march + madrigal.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 12:48:38
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say and keep high racc.

But if you wanna get into how much ratt a cor can or cannot get fine.

Are you getting 999 ratt solo? Cause your right a cor can't. A cor can get +66% ratt from self buffs though. And can get a decent amount of ratt gear as well.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 12:57:13
Link | Citer | R

/war with zerk 25%
11 on chaos 31%

Total: 56%
Quote:
I didn't say and keep high racc.

No amount of ratt can help you if you whiff...

And solo, of course not, neither corsair nor Ranger are true soloing jobs, they are built for a pt situation, hence why i said "They work even better when they work together"
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 13:03:09
Link | Citer | R

I was counting the drk bonus of course since we were getting into could'ves.

Well oh yeah I can get 999 att solo on blu!
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 13:07:29
Link | Citer | R

That's great! now go cannonball something lol.

and, you cant call it a "self buff" if you need someone else there to make it work fully. Thats like saying "I can hit 999 defense solo as blu, if someone casts protect V on me"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 13:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Actually not really sure if I can. Gunna go try it out. If only att effected cannonball too. Definitely gunna need food though
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 13:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I bet my COR could outdmg a lot of RNGs out there :O

Alot of rng's out there make me *** die inside...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 14:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm apparently some att buffs overwrite each other so this is the best I can do solo without going out and buying more attack gear or um... yeah finishing my subjob. That and it appears that all the % attack buffs including food are applied to base att from just gear/skill/str

I'm pretty certain I can hit 999 def solo though. That's alot easier to do and well less useful generally
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-30 15:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:
and, you cant call it a "self buff" if you need someone else there to make it work fully. Thats like saying "I can hit 999 defense solo as blu, if someone casts protect V on me"

You can do this without a DRK in the party if you have the relic head.
By Mexichu 2010-05-30 15:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:

Not with consistency.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 15:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Mexichu said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:
Not with consistency.
I didn't say consistency. I said can!
By Mexichu 2010-05-30 15:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Mexichu said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:
Not with consistency.
I didn't say consistency. I said can!
I wasn't even replying to you
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 16:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That and it appears that all the % attack buffs including food are applied to base att from just gear/skill/str

It's applied after gear, str, skill, and traits, all % mods are added together then multiplied by base. iirc
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-30 17:11:54
Link | Citer | R

More or less the same thing I just said but differently. Oh yeah I forgot traits but yeah
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-30 20:24:08
Link | Citer | R

GDI AGREE WITH ME!
 Asura.Zarine
Serveur: Asura
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 16:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
and what makes you think cor is a Support/DD and not a DD/support? Sam can use support ja as well as War. Why not make them sub whm?

Cor/whm is the most useless cor combo I have seen yet. Cor/whm is just as bad as *** War/whm. You get erase...and paralyna? Silena too...and tele spells. Woopty *** doo. At the loss of MAB, Agi, GOOD ja's and added damage to the party. So instead of killing faster, you would rather take the easy way out? Go back to AB parties lol
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I use the rope I have b/c thats really the only one I have since my QD set is also my /mage set since somehow I end up main heal -.-

If you were the main healer in a group, for whatever reason, you damn well better have access to the -na spells and erase. Sounds like you're just another ignorant player who would rather handicap the party than do what is going to be most beneficial.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-01 16:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Cor/Whm {Merit Points} {No Thanks} {Too weak}
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 16:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
and what makes you think cor is a Support/DD and not a DD/support? Sam can use support ja as well as War. Why not make them sub whm?

Cor/whm is the most useless cor combo I have seen yet. Cor/whm is just as bad as *** War/whm. You get erase...and paralyna? Silena too...and tele spells. Woopty *** doo. At the loss of MAB, Agi, GOOD ja's and added damage to the party. So instead of killing faster, you would rather take the easy way out? Go back to AB parties lol
Leviathan.Dubont said:
I use the rope I have b/c thats really the only one I have since my QD set is also my /mage set since somehow I end up main heal -.-

If you were the main healer in a group, for whatever reason, you damn well better have access to the -na spells and erase. Sounds like you're just another ignorant player who would rather handicap the party than do what is going to be most beneficial.
if cor is main heal, the party is fail (unless its a duo/trio type thing) Also, I'm not an ignorant player lol ppl that think /whm is the end all *** sub for a non-mage are the ignorant ones. For example, recent party, the rdm was subbing blm...so they asked me to sub whm...why can't the rdm sub whm and me sub w/e? Because of the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players in said party, I was forced to gimp myself. That is not MY doing. If you have a rdm/whm, I see no need for ANOTHER job to /whm. If you have a rdm who isn't subbing whm, find a new rdm.
 Asura.Zarine
By Asura.Zarine 2010-06-01 16:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Leviathan.Dubont said:

if cor is main heal, the party is fail (unless its a duo/trio type thing) Also, I'm not an ignorant player lol ppl that think /whm is the end all *** sub for a non-mage are the ignorant ones. For example, recent party, the rdm was subbing blm...so they asked me to sub whm...why can't the rdm sub whm and me sub w/e? Because of the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players in said party, I was forced to gimp myself. That is not MY doing. If you have a rdm/whm, I see no need for ANOTHER job to /whm. If you have a rdm who isn't subbing whm, find a new rdm.

Don't think anyone in this thread has said /whm is the best sub for COR. Is it one of the many situational subs that we have at our disposal. By your own words, you play main heal at times...and yet you won't go /whm. To repeat what was stated earlier, missed attacks due to paralyze, blind, slow, etc add up to be much greater than the small difference you'll see by subbing /whm instead of /rdm.

If you're so closed-minded that you can't see the benefit of having /whm at times, there is no hope for you, and my argument is done.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-01 17:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Don't think anyone in this thread has said /whm is the best sub for COR. Is it one of the many situational subs that we have at our disposal. By your own words, you play main heal at times...and yet you won't go /whm. To repeat what was stated earlier, missed attacks due to paralyze, blind, slow, etc add up to be much greater than the small difference you'll see by subbing /whm instead of /rdm.

If you're so closed-minded that you can't see the benefit of having /whm at times, there is no hope for you, and my argument is done.
I had to main heal in a merit pty where there is no paralyze, slow, blind etc. /rdm was perfectly fine for said situation. For anything endgame related, if there is not a main healer with /whm (perferably sch), then I won't be there to begin with. I, again, see little to no benefit of subbing whm over other useful jobs in a situation where u are in a full party/alliance.
 Asura.Biddy
By Asura.Biddy 2010-06-01 17:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Zarine said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Leviathan.Dubont said:

I had to main heal in a merit pty where there is no paralyze, slow, blind etc. /rdm was perfectly fine for said situation. For anything endgame related, if there is not a main healer with /whm (perferably sch), then I won't be there to begin with. I, again, see little to no benefit of subbing whm over other useful jobs in a situation where u are in a full party/alliance.

Fair enough on the merit party /rdm. I think deep down you do realize /whm has a place, but are just too stubborn to admit it at this time :P