First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-29 14:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
The problem is that even merited CORs marks skill is still mediocre.

Which is sad since SE put so much emphasis on COR being a gun user.
 Asura.Loire
Serveur: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2010-05-29 18:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Yah every whm has a yagrush and can ga erase and ga na the party in a *** instant. Every single para on a DD is lost dmg, you take the 5 seconds, pick a different DD to na/erase/whatevertheshit on a different DD then the whm and you just sped up the whole kill. Congrats your *** never made it out of sky or out of merit parties. Saying any SJ has no use is beyond close minded, its just plan HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 18:38:58
Link | Citer | R

If you need a COR to na and erase people, what are the brds, whms, and rdms doing?

Only event I can see where COR/WHM is needed would be Ouryu. Other then that, RDM, RNG, WAR, DNC, BLU would generally be much better sub jobs.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2010-05-29 18:57:56
Link | Citer | R

here lets get specific, COR, DD, DD, DNC, WHM, BRD. AoE para. Brds in the middle of casting a song, whm already used divine veil for some ungodly reason cause ***its only 10 minute recast. In the time your whm can na one person, the cor can na another, or hell even the brd to let them finish their song. Dnc can only get one person as well. Oh and lets add you just added a 15 second wait for dancer cures. But in all this time having to wait for the whm to go off and na each person.

Hell *** lets talk Salvage even. Lets bring a cor to that. Mnk, Sam, Thf, Brd, Cor, Rdm. Sure dnc sub works *** wonders all the way up to the boss floor. Even in that situation you want your cor to shoot for its tp to help na the DD. Same goddamn situation comes up on every chariot, lovely discharge. Brds up at the dd singing the songs, you want those NAs done before the tanks even try to get their ni or ichi's off. Rdm and cor have it handled before theres any problem.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 19:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Loire said:
here lets get specific, COR, DD, DD, DNC, WHM, BRD. AoE para. Brds in the middle of casting a song, whm already used divine veil for some ungodly reason cause ***its only 10 minute recast. In the time your whm can na one person, the cor can na another, or hell even the brd to let them finish their song. Dnc can only get one person as well. Oh and lets add you just added a 15 second wait for dancer cures. But in all this time having to wait for the whm to go off and na each person.

Hell *** lets talk Salvage even. Lets bring a cor to that. Mnk, Sam, Thf, Brd, Cor, Rdm. Sure dnc sub works *** wonders all the way up to the boss floor. Even in that situation you want your cor to shoot for its tp to help na the DD. Same goddamn situation comes up on every chariot, lovely discharge. Brds up at the dd singing the songs, you want those NAs done before the tanks even try to get their ni or ichi's off. Rdm and cor have it handled before theres any problem.

Does the WHM not have Esuna? And for the 2nd situation, I use a macro for when the BRD is casting songs on tanks during salvage boss, it goes like this.

/assist <t> (<t> is the chariot)
/wait 1
/ma "Paralyna" <t>

What this does, is paralyna the tank that has hate, so his shadows get up, and then lets you recast it on the other tank. Also w/ haste up and decent haste gear(read: blessed) recast on paralyna is at most 3 seconds...
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 19:06:56
Link | Citer | R

I lol'ed.

Ive been in those situations before, worked totally fine without me being /WHM.

Ive geared my COR to DD, so I guess if you really dont have the gear to support COR DDing, go ahead and /whm since you arent doing much else.

Even though, generally will help more having MAB to for better Quick Draws if you are in a position where you are unable to DD through ranged dmg.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2010-05-29 19:18:16
Link | Citer | R

first wtf whm in salvage. Second ooooo *** macros super special awesome dude FIVE STARS, back to back paralynas *** curing your melee.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 19:20:05
Link | Citer | R

If they have shadows... They shouldn't need cured for the whole 4 seconds I'm casting paralyna... Also; WHM is awesome in salvage, Idk wtf you're talking about.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 19:20:57
Link | Citer | R

Someone on BG said WHM sucks in salvage so they must be right.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-05-29 19:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
If they have shadows... They shouldn't need cured for the whole 4 seconds I'm casting paralyna... Also; WHM is awesome in salvage, Idk wtf you're talking about.

This comment....Wow... just wow....

[+]
By DrForester 2010-05-29 19:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
If they have shadows... They shouldn't need cured for the whole 4 seconds I'm casting paralyna...

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 19:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Hes saying, if you na the tank with hate, they will get their shadows up, and giving them enough time to cast na on the 2nd tank.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 19:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Sylph.Ashaaman said:

This comment....Wow... just wow....

I'm going to assume you're commenting because I'm saying they have shadows after they just got hit w/ Discharge which wipes shadows... But above I already stated if you paralyna the tank w/ hate, so he can get off his Ichi/Ni to put shadows up... He shouldn't take damage for the 2 seconds you're casting paralyna on the other tank. I just tested it and my recast on Paralyna is 1 second in blessed + haste... If your tanks can't live for 1 second without a cure, it means they didn't have much HP before the discharge hit, which is the healers fault to start with.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 22:52:24
Link | Citer | R

No one has answered my question...would you tell a rng to sub whm?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:12:52
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
And also...isn't /WHM the best sub for a MND build Holy Bolt spam? lol
cor can't use bolts herp derp

Also, yea cor has less skill, but by subbing rng, a cor can come close to the dmg of a moderately geared rng. You say cor =/= rng, but cor also =/= mage so why make it sub a useless job that benefits the main job in absolutely no way shape or form?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

You asked if I'd tell a ranger to sub white mage.

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
The problem is that even merited CORs marks skill is still mediocre. Sometimes /whm is more useful than a DD sub. To say it's not is just being stubborn and ignorant. I hate /whm, but if it's more useful you bet I'm subbing it.
lol ok situational use, you got me there, but why do most 2010 Cor sub whm fulltime as opposed to situational use? In merit ptys, cor/whm is stupid. A decent geared cor/rng or cor/war will easily make the top 3 in a parse.

In endgame, you need paralyna and erase? Wtf is a sch for? Nuking? no. Cor/rdm solo Despot/Genbu {Can I have it?} Granted...you could probably do it /whm but it will def take longer. Nyzul...best run I had, I subbed rng...I sub whm, for some reason, the healers always slack off and I don't do anywhere near enough dmg to be worth half a ***. Like I said, I can't think of any situation where /whm is more useful than any of the others UNLESS you are duoing something that spams para/slow/etc.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-29 23:25:32
Link | Citer | R

If no one else can heal but a COR.... I dont even know.

I mean, that is a situation where /WHM would be useful, but I wouldnt want to be in that situation, lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
You say cor =/= rng, but cor also =/= mage so why make it sub a useless job that benefits the main job in absolutely no way shape or form?

COR isn't a mage, it's support with the ability to DD.

Support = sometimes you gotta sub something useful to your party.
and what makes you think cor is a Support/DD and not a DD/support? Sam can use support ja as well as War. Why not make them sub whm?

Cor/whm is the most useless cor combo I have seen yet. Cor/whm is just as bad as *** War/whm. You get erase...and paralyna? Silena too...and tele spells. Woopty *** doo. At the loss of MAB, Agi, GOOD ja's and added damage to the party. So instead of killing faster, you would rather take the easy way out? Go back to AB parties lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-05-29 23:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
A decent geared cor/rng or cor/war will easily make the top 3 in a parse.
you better kick that really shitty DD who's getting beat by a cor.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-29 23:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
A decent geared cor/rng or cor/war will easily make the top 3 in a parse.
you better kick that really shitty DD who's getting beat by a cor.
lol so must I do the same to the DD that get out parsed by PUP or BST?
 Shiva.Kasui
Serveur: Shiva
user: Krunkers
By Shiva.Kasui 2010-05-29 23:28:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:

You asked if I'd tell a ranger to sub white mage.

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
The problem is that even merited CORs marks skill is still mediocre. Sometimes /whm is more useful than a DD sub. To say it's not is just being stubborn and ignorant. I hate /whm, but if it's more useful you bet I'm subbing it.
lol ok situational use, you got me there, but why do most 2010 Cor sub whm fulltime as opposed to situational use? In merit ptys, cor/whm is stupid. A decent geared cor/rng or cor/war will easily make the top 3 in a parse.

In endgame, you need paralyna and erase? Wtf is a sch for? Nuking? no. Cor/rdm solo Despot/Genbu {Can I have it?} Granted...you could probably do it /whm but it will def take longer. Nyzul...best run I had, I subbed rng...I sub whm, for some reason, the healers always slack off and I don't do anywhere near enough dmg to be worth half a ***. Like I said, I can't think of any situation where /whm is more useful than any of the others UNLESS you are duoing something that spams para/slow/etc.

Everything is situational in this game. /RDM is beneficial for certain things, as is /WHM. Einherjar, Dynamis, Limbus, Certain HNM's I greatly prefer /WHM over anything. Even in LS Merit PT's I /WHM simply because the uses for it there are easily seen.