Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 117 118 119
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 10:46:45
Link | Citer | R

kreek said: »
I also didn't mention violence!

No sir, you did not. But you also clearly put specific text into the hyperlink for display (which, of course, WHAT text ffxiah displays for the hyperlink is 100% up to you) with obvious purpose.
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-06 10:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Angry mob sounds pretty big for the relative handful of people taking part in rioting and looting.
If only.

Never mind that the people who are rioting and looting are the ones doing the most damage. And there is a whole lot more of them than you want to admit.

A handful of people do not destroy whole neighborhoods across the nation.
Yes, they can. In a crowd of 20k, 1-200 is a handful, and that's more than enough to destroy a neighborhood when police are focused on the wrong people.
Except A) it is greater than "200" out of 20k, and B) police has to focus on the protesters so they can peacefully protest without interference. Or are you suggesting that the police ignore the protesters?
Lolno, and no. Crazy concept, maybe form defensive lines in front of businesses instead of a phalanx in front of a crowd of 20k+ and hope to get to the rioters in time after you engage the protesters by attacking them.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 10:53:49
Link | Citer | R

We need more people to stand up and say they appreciate and support the police, the vast majority of good ones that keep us safe. Not say they hate all police because of the few bad ones.

You know who will come out worst if police start mass quitting? the poor of any skin colour. Not the rich people who live in gated communities, they don't care if the police are gone because they can afford private security.

Every single one of you would be lambs to the slaughter without the police looking after your life and possessions.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 11:01:37
Link | Citer | R

That's the reason everyone touts for having machine guns. "I gotta protect my family" from what, if the police do such a good job you don't need those guns.

Police protect companies, and begrudgingly pretend to protect citizens when they have nothing better to do.

If you've ever had your ID stolen, your CC stolen, your car broken into, you know this already.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-06 11:06:59
Link | Citer | R

People still trying to make opposing cases in this thread, I have two strong words for you.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 11:10:01
Link | Citer | R

so if less than 1% of all Catholic Priests molest a child, its ok to be mad at the Catholic Church for not cleaning their own house-

but to ask the same of Law Enforcement is unfair and generalizing???
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 11:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the reason everyone touts for having machine guns. "I gotta protect my family" from what, if the police do such a good job you don't need those guns.

Police protect companies, and begrudgingly pretend to protect citizens when they have nothing better to do.

If you've ever had your ID stolen, your CC stolen, your car broken into, you know this already.

Without cops you would not have a computer to type on, or be able to sleep at night for fear of someone breaking in the moment you close your eyes. There are armies of bad people and they keep the worst of them from your door, like it or not that's the reality of it.

I don't think people understand how many criminals there are that want your stuff and want to do you harm, however bad you think things are they would be much worse without them and not in small ways either. What if some guy decides to rip the legs of your dog, are you a bad enough dude to stop him? What if some guy thinks it's funny to smash into your car while you're driving to work, for fun. It's ok though, you can call a counselor to give him the help he needs.

Without cops we would revert to survival of the fittest and I don't think you're fit enough to do well in that scenario, nor is granny you all seemed to care so much when Corona was still relevant.

Some have lived in safe communities too long and have lost touch with the reality of life it seems.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-06 11:20:19
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Some have lived in safe communities too long and have lost touch with the reality of life it seems.
wat. Maybe it's the ppl who choose to live in dangerous communities that have lost touch? :thinks:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 11:21:49
Link | Citer | R

There are 600,000 people in detroit.

There are 2,200 cops in detroit.

If you think 2,200 cops can keep 599,999 people in check so one detroiter can sleep and not get killed, you're insane.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 11:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
so if less than 1% of all Catholic Priests molest a child, its ok to be mad at the Catholic Church for not cleaning their own house-

You are judging all by a few huh? Are you saying that if 10% of black people commit murders that we should judge all black people as bad? How about if thousands of Muslim (another religion since you like that one) men rape children in gangs, we should judge all Muslims as bad for the actions of a few?

Oh so just job, what about if a doctor kills people? Are all doctors then evil?

Almost all cops do vastly more good in the world than bad, you're just too...privileged...to understand that I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 11:26:14
Link | Citer | R

Civilians have no power to regulate civilians.

Police have the power to regulate police, and don't. That's doubly *** up.

1 bad civilian on your block, nothing YOU can do about it.

1 bad pig in your unit, YOU can do something about it, and you don't. All cops are bad cops.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-06 11:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Civiians have no power to regulate civilians.

isn't that what local govt is for? to vote for representatives to make law for the area that you live in?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 11:30:25
Link | Citer | R

"representatives" don't represent anyone but themselves and the people who bought them.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 11:36:06
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people live in nice communities and think it's that way naturally, no it's really not. Some of you are in for a rude awakening, seriously. These criminals will come to the richer, nicer areas if there is nobody to stop them.

Nice words won't save you, some people just wanna watch the world burn and you on the top of the bonfire. There are people out there that would kill you for the $20 in your wallet right now, and lose zero sleep over it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 11:41:41
Link | Citer | R

You are judging all by a few huh? Are you saying that if 10% of black people commit murders that we should judge all black people as bad? How about if thousands of Muslim (another religion since you like that one) men rape children in gangs, we should judge all Muslims as bad for the actions of a few?

Oh so just job, what about if a doctor kills people? Are all doctors then evil?

Almost all cops do vastly more good in the world than bad, you're just too...privileged...to understand that I guess.

1.No, actually I was showing how it is socially acceptable to accuse the entire body of the Catholic Church for the actions of a few, but people are going batshit crazy like all cops are the saints with "just a few bad apples"- the point is that it is part of being a good cop to report those "bad apples"- you have a responsibility to your profession to rid it of those who hurt it, no matter the profession. We expect it of teachers, priests, doctors....why not cops?

2.I wouldn't assume I like ANY religion. Said it earlier, I'll say it again. I am politically a Libertarian and socially an Objectivist. And if you are familiar with Objectivism, you'd know that atheism is one of the primary tenets because ALL religion makes slaves of people. In fact, this may be the first time in my entire online life I have mentioned ANY religion on ANY forum.

3.Cops don't do more good than bad in the world. The vast majority of their job is self-justification. No crime, there's no need for them. It behooves them to ensure a certain level of violence in their communities. It keeps us thinking we need them.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 11:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Without police you would be someones hood ornament.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-06 11:47:39
Link | Citer | R

https://whdh.com/news/over-1000-health-professionals-sign-a-letter-saying-dont-shut-down-protests-using-coronavirus-concerns-as-an-excuse/

Quote:
“Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy,” the letter says.

“However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators’ ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.”

Tucker making sense?! @16:05
YouTube Video Placeholder

so you can't protest about the lockdowns, gather in large groups, go to church etc ~ all because of the coronavirus concerns but you can go out and protest in mass about racial injustice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 11:47:52
Link | Citer | R

We have a winner. Who's obtuse now? You may accuse the rich white folk of being blind to the troubles of an inner city, but unless you've lived in a small midwestern town you'll never know what it feels like to sleep with your doors unlocked and 1 cop in a 40 mile radius.

It does exist.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 11:49:36
Link | Citer | R

thousands if you count the city guard of ancient Rome. I'd wager older societies had as well.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2020-06-06 11:57:50
Link | Citer | R

thousands if you count the city guard of ancient Rome. I'd wager older societies had as well.
Their purpose was not to preserve the peace but to oppress uprisings on behalf of the emporer? Not quite the same concept IMO

unless you believe that all cops are the protectors of the god emperor
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-06 12:58:24
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Their purpose was not to preserve the peace but to oppress uprisings on behalf of the emporer? Not quite the same concept IMO

unless you believe that all cops are the protectors of the god emperor
They’re not!!?!?!!?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-06 13:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
The truth is that conservatives don't care about Dorn's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of law enforcement.
Your argument can be turned against you very easily. Like thus:

The truth is that liberals don't care about Floyd's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of other black people due to their lack of empathy.

Prong said: »
And don't make me laugh, acting like you honestly give a ***about Floyd's death beyond using him to back an ideological statement any more than conservatives using Dorn to prove that point. Hypocritical statement.

I can't speak to other posters or the broader left, but I know for myself, being black in America and having been harassed by the cops on several different occasions, Floyd's death is personal to me. I've got kids. So I have a lot of skin in the game. We need to see Black Lives Matter succeed.

What I will say is that white allies have been arrested or hospitalized this week in support of George Floyd and other victims of police racist violence. Some have lost eyes. Others have given their lives. That speaks to the authenticity of how they feel about this cause.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 14:13:28
Link | Citer | R

The truth is that conservatives don't care about Dorn's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of law enforcement.
Your argument can be turned against you very easily. Like thus:

The truth is that liberals don't care about Floyd's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of other black people due to their lack of empathy.

Prong said: »
And don't make me laugh, acting like you honestly give a ***about Floyd's death beyond using him to back an ideological statement any more than conservatives using Dorn to prove that point. Hypocritical statement.

I can't speak to other posters or the broader left, but I know for myself, being black in America and having been harassed by the cops on several different occasions, Floyd's death is personal to me. I've got kids. So I have a lot of skin in the game. We need to see Black Lives Matter succeed.

What I will say is that white allies have been arrested or hospitalized this week in support of George Floyd and other victims of police racist violence. Some have lost eyes. Others have given their lives. That speaks to the authenticity of how they feel about this cause.
Your lack of empathy makes me question your post.
By volkom 2020-06-06 14:19:43
Link | Citer | R

I had a conversation with a friend a few days ago. He's black and in the air force. Through that conversation we both agreed that there needs to be some kind of reform with police ~ mainly because of police brutality. His argument was primarily focused on blacks while my argument that had supportive and counter points were generalized as a whole and not targeting a single race. To a certain point in our conversation though he stated that there can't be peaceful protests because peaceful protests don't work. Violent protests needs to happen so there can be more visibility on the problem. and I think this is where I disagreed with him the most. I view the root problem of it as being primarily about education and lack of representation. If there can be education about social inequalities and more & better academic education there can be better opportunities which can lead to less crime which results in less death and the people that we elect into office (local/state/national) we need to hold those people accountable that they represent the people who elected them but also the values of the community that they serve as a whole.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-06 14:22:15
Link | Citer | R

By volkom 2020-06-06 14:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Daley, who never lost his blue-collar Chicago accent, was known for often mangling his syntax and other verbal gaffes. Daley made one of his most memorable verbal missteps in 1968, while defending what the news media reported as police misconduct during that year's violent Democratic Convention, stating, "Gentlemen, get the thing straight once and for all – the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder." Daley's reputation for misspeaking was such that his press secretary Earl Bush would tell reporters, "Write what he means, not what he says.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Daley#:~:text=Daley%20made%20one%20of%20his,the%20policeman%20is%20there%20to

sounds like a thing Biden does
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 117 118 119