Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 117 118 119

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-06-06 15:54:41
Link | Citer | R

karusanyoshi said: »
I don't think anyone is for completely abolishing all police forever. People need to feel safe, and people who commit violent crimes must be held accountable. That is what makes people so upset - because when you hold a citizen accountable for minor non-violent crimes and essentially ruin their life, but pardon a police officer for blatant murder and send them on a paid vacation, the system is broken. If anything, police should be held to an even higher standard than citizens because they are supposed to be the example.

People are for abolishing the American system of police as it stands right now, holding rogue officers accountable, and having a third-party system in place for watching over police and allowing people a safe place to report wrongdoings. Strides have been taken with body cams, but more needs to be done, and the inherent racism and division in the country means that it will take even more than reforming the police system to make this happen.

I think we have established at this point that the system is flawed and is unfairly biased against black people, and it leads into a feedback loop of black people being punished more for committing the same crimes as a white person, therefore people wrongly believe that black people as a race are more likely to commit crimes, when the system is rigged against them from the beginning, fueling their flawed logic.

Other countries have police forces that are much less trigger-happy and only use deadly force as a last means. They also have much more extensive training. Studies have been done on American police forces, which show that they not only condone, but promote violence, and enforce an 'us vs them' mentality.

Many other countries have a much healthier relationship between police and citizens, and it seems to only be an American thing that police are feared and hated as much as they are. I wonder how the average citizen in Germany, France, or New Zealand feels about their police force?

Maybe part of it comes from the fact that firearms in America are so common, which can fuel a lot of fear on the part of the police officer, but a lot of it also does come from the fact that black people are specifically targeted by police and are more harshly punished in the justice system than white people, leading to distrust from all sides. I know I've gotten off for many things I should have been punished for and probably would have been if it were a black person in my place, but I was given the benefit of a doubt that others wouldn't have gotten. And since I was never punished for those incidents, my record is clean, so if I ever get looked at by police again, I'll be even more likely to get off scot-free since to them, I never did anything wrong in the past. If you have a person who was targeted harshly by the system, and was given a mark on his record, then it creates a snowball where he will be even more likely to be punished for being in the same situation as I was.

If nothing else, the looting and rioting has at least forced the nation as a whole to acknowledge the injustice, and this 60+ page topic is proof of that. People would never even discuss the atrocities of police, and racial division in our country, if not for the backlash of the police murdering black people for a crime he wasn't sentenced or even charged for.
Get rid of police unions will clean it up alot
By Draylo 2020-06-06 15:58:15
Link | Citer | R

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/06/what-its-like-to-be-a-black-nypd-sergeant-in-nyc/amp/

Quote:
The biggest misconception the public and the media has is that “good cops” aren’t saying anything about the “bad cops.” Or, that when situations like these happen, all cops just side in agreement with the officer who did the unjust deed. The fact is, the genesis of the majority of internal investigations are from “good cops” reporting “bad cops” to the Internal Affairs Bureau.

Quote:
On the other hand, I don’t believe that the movement to defund police departments or emergency services is productive, as it will ultimately hurt the black and brown communities the most.
[+]
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 16:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/06/what-its-like-to-be-a-black-nypd-sergeant-in-nyc/amp/

Quote:
The biggest misconception the public and the media has is that “good cops” aren’t saying anything about the “bad cops.” Or, that when situations like these happen, all cops just side in agreement with the officer who did the unjust deed. The fact is, the genesis of the majority of internal investigations are from “good cops” reporting “bad cops” to the Internal Affairs Bureau.

Quote:
On the other hand, I don’t believe that the movement to defund police departments or emergency services is productive, as it will ultimately hurt the black and brown communities the most.

Shhh, these people don't know how diverse police departments actually are. They know they want reform and they know they need to make it happen now, but don't ask them how to actually do it or to come up with an actual plan to get from A to Z. Policing won't be "perfect" until you remove the human element from it. Every person has a breaking point and risking your life dealing with human trash every day is gonna break some sooner than others. Anyways, I for one can't wait for my robotic law enforcement overlords.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-06 16:03:38
Link | Citer | R

scary

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-06 16:16:57
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
Quote:
Daley, who never lost his blue-collar Chicago accent, was known for often mangling his syntax and other verbal gaffes. Daley made one of his most memorable verbal missteps in 1968, while defending what the news media reported as police misconduct during that year's violent Democratic Convention, stating, "Gentlemen, get the thing straight once and for all – the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder." Daley's reputation for misspeaking was such that his press secretary Earl Bush would tell reporters, "Write what he means, not what he says.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Daley#:~:text=Daley%20made%20one%20of%20his,the%20policeman%20is%20there%20to

sounds like a thing Biden does
Daley was way worse than Biden with gaffes. That just happens to be his most famous one.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 17:55:11
Link | Citer | R

The left wing facists are going (even more) crazy, they want to shut down TV shows and movies about cops now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/04/shut-down-all-police-movies-tv-shows-now/?arc404=true
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-06 18:06:30
Link | Citer | R

Carl Winslow was a family man!
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
Serveur: Asura
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-06 18:17:53
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 19:03:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gnawclaw said: »
A true American hero.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 19:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Just for arguments sake, count off how many good cops are in diehard, and how many bad cops.

Spoiler every cop but Powell is a bad cop. Including McClain.

AND Powell, didn't WANT to do his JOB in the beginning either.

He "walked around" the building for about 10 steps and quit. Bad Cop.
By Draylo 2020-06-06 19:08:02
Link | Citer | R

McClain is the man.
[+]
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 19:17:15
Link | Citer | R

The best cops are the ones with the highest kill counts.
By Prong 2020-06-06 19:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Isszo said: »
It seems some people are trying to turn the focus to the people who are rioting, which is wrong, so they can overlook the fact the police are abusing people.

Incorrect.

Most here are observing that there are videos showing police brutality which is wrong, and an equal amount of videos showing protester brutality which is wrong.

The problem is, there is a small, vocal portion of people here that see the protester brutality against people that have zero to do with any of the blacks brutalized by police now or ever as justified.

If you are seeing anything different, you must be one of the few in the latter sentence.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 20:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just for arguments sake, count off how many good cops are in diehard, and how many bad cops.

Spoiler every cop but Powell is a bad cop. Including McClain.

AND Powell, didn't WANT to do his JOB in the beginning either.

He "walked around" the building for about 10 steps and quit. Bad Cop.
Coming from a guy who considers a good cop to be a dead cop, I'm not surprised by your analysis of fictional characters that do not portray real life.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-06 20:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Random meme I came across as I'm looking for another in the giant unorganized archive:

[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-06 21:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile in Africa
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-06 21:08:52
Link | Citer | R

God damn. I do have a meme for everything. Still looking for one in particular and I come across this:

It is even the heckin' same picture!!! WHATTT?>>>!!?!?!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-06 21:52:51
Link | Citer | R

Gonna binge Die Hards tonight, THANKS!

(I know it's not christmas!)
By Jetackuu 2020-06-06 21:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Best xmas movie ever!
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-06-06 21:56:49
Link | Citer | R

loooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMQ0oDxbQPs
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-06 22:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Banhammer said: »

My god, imagine dealing with that on a daily basis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-06 22:08:54
Link | Citer | R

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-06 22:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Look at these emboldened racists lol
 Sylph.Banhammer
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-06-06 22:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Puciato said: »

Look at these emboldened racists lol

das waycist /gif

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-06 23:26:43
Link | Citer | R

https://www.statter911.com/2020/06/06/providence-fire-union-says-police-profiled-on-duty-black-firefighter-when-they-held-him-at-gunpoint/

Quote:
23-year-old Providence Firefighter Terrell Paci says he became the victim of racial profiling earlier this week.

Paci told NBC 10 News he was sitting in a friend’s car outside of the Messer Street Fire Department, where he works, when two officers allegedly came up to him and drew their guns.

Fellow firefighters like Chris Bernal are now speaking out on his behalf. “Why is a young black male in uniform at his job a threat to a police officer? And when they noticed… why didn’t they fall back and correct the situation there?”
By Draylo 2020-06-06 23:26:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm still in shock honestly, that the very news station I used to hate is the only one speaking sense these days. The people I know and follow on instagram etc, all radicalized wanting the police dead or defunded. Why are people so easily controlled lol.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-06 23:33:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm still in shock honestly, that the very news station I used to hate is the only one speaking sense these days. The people I know and follow on instagram etc, all radicalized wanting the police dead or defunded. Why are people so easily controlled lol.

Oh sure, did you see the Fox News graphic that showed the stock market performance after the death of a prominent African American? After MLK died, it went up. After the Rodney King assailants were let off, it went up, after Michael Brown was murdered, up, and after George Floyd was murdered, up. Who takes the time to make that kind of bar graphi? Fox News. But keep pretending Draylo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 117 118 119