Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 117 118 119
By Prong 2020-06-05 22:42:00
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Even celebrities constantly posting blm stuff dont know who he was, a shame tbh

I honestly don't know about David Dorn, either, but to be honest, I don't really watch the news anymore. I get plenty of it just, appearing on my Bing homepage to be enough for me.

I think I have accidentally had 2 or 3 "first comment" top of page posts in this thread. I feel like I should put some whimsical meme in here to commemorate such an accomplishment.

[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-05 22:47:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the reason hardly anyone knows is because it doesnt fit the far lefts narrative and hurts it actually. Thats why fox news keeps running it and nobody else does. Maybe if more people saw the death and destruction earlier from people like this, they would denounce the violence and it could have saved lives. Instead they foamed at the mouth for death to cops and more burning everything down. Its insane actually, that a highly respected member of the black community and a cop who devoted his life to service is ignored. All this outraged sparked from someone being murdered who was black and yet no outrage for this man, very hypocritical.
By volkom 2020-06-05 22:53:36
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Prong 2020-06-05 22:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the reason hardly anyone knows is because it doesnt fit the far lefts narrative and hurts it actually. Thats why fox news keeps running it and nobody else does. Maybe if more people saw the death and destruction earlier from people like this, they would denounce the violence and it could have saved lives. Instead they foamed at the mouth for death to cops and more burning everything down. Its insane actually, that a highly respected member of the black community and a cop who devoted his life to service is ignored. All this outraged sparked from someone being murdered who was black and yet no outrage for this man, very hypocritical.

There is one singular fact I have learned from battling logic with forum trolls on political issues the past few years: People on the left do not care about hypocrisy. You can prove their hypocrisy over and over with as many facts as you can present and the media has done such an incredibly good job convincing them, "Orange Man Bad," that they literally believe that nothing is taboo in their quest to trample any thought, idea or public figure that is even remotely conservative in nature.

I'm not even sure it's their fault at this point entirely because if they even attempt to show any form of understanding or looking for middle ground, they will be crucified by their own and cast out among the lepers.

Actually I shouldn't just say, "people on the left" as that is gravely overstating. I know many liberals who basically just don't say anything because they are adults with jobs and they know their side will try and cancel them if they dare not agree with them 100%. I mean, leftist forum trolls.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-05 23:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Prong said: »

There is one singular fact I have learned from battling logic with forum trolls on political issues the past few years: People on the left do not care about hypocrisy. You can prove their hypocrisy over and over with as many facts as you can present and the media has done such an incredibly good job convincing them, "Orange Man Bad," that they literally believe that nothing is taboo in their quest to trample any thought, idea or public figure that is even remotely conservative in nature.

I'm not even sure it's their fault at this point entirely because if they even attempt to show any form of understanding or looking for middle ground, they will be crucified by their own and cast out among the lepers.

Actually I shouldn't just say, "people on the left" as that is gravely overstating. I know many liberals who basically just don't say anything because they are adults with jobs and they know their side will try and cancel them if they dare not agree with them 100%. I mean, leftist forum trolls.

Amazing how so many on the left think the exact same thing about conservatives and their love of hypocrisy. Main difference, as is too common, is the examples the right uses are usually celebrities and random internet trolls, and the examples the left uses are actual elected officials.
By Prong 2020-06-05 23:46:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Amazing how so many on the left think the exact same thing about conservatives and their love of hypocrisy. Main difference, as is too common, is the examples the right uses are usually celebrities and random internet trolls, and the examples the left uses are actual elected officials.

Elected Democrats are the new definition of hypocrisy.

"I believe Tara Reade, but will vote for Joe Biden, anyway." ~ Ilhan Omar (and many others).

Rose McGowan is a bit loopy, but at bare minimum she attacks both sides of the political fence when it comes to male politicians who are perverts.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-05 23:48:39
Link | Citer | R

B) And that's an example of why people say ACAB, one dude tries to be a human being and he gets stopped, and the entire force just goes along with it. At no point did the cops go "that old man is bleeding, we should do something". How are you going to fly around "protect and serve" when that ***goes down.

Well technically that's not correct, obviously they did call the paramedics "at some point." I just thought it was odd the cop behind him pushed the one that at least appeared he was going to attempt to help as if the cop didn't see the stream of blood on the sidewalk.

And sorry but no, you really don't just, know how easily some people can topple over. About a year ago, while attempting to swat a German Yellowjacket from my mother's collar bone, I basically grazed her with the back of my hand, she stumbled backwards and fell, hitting the back of her head on the side of our picnic table in the process and I literally could not have touched her any lighter...so you can't just "know" a light push will tumble some people over like a feather in a breeze until it happens.

What was I thinking, I tried to wade in and have a sensible discussion about an event and the most extreme of the listeners uses my question in the most sensational manner to try and prove the same point that they've been trying to make for 4 days. You hate all cops, as I said before, we get it. No further explanation needed.

There's no justifiable excuse for pushing him. Doesn't matter how easy he toppled over, there's no reason that in the middle of a large group of police in full riot armor that you need to push someone being peaceful. And even did it without warning.

To tie this in with hypocrisy:

In my hometown there was a fight at our Fair. It involved some teenage boys getting into a fight with an old white man. The old man was squared up, and seemed to be about ready to come to blows with one of the boys. A boy to the side then came up and suckerpunched the old man. The old man fell, hit his head, and ended up dying from his injuries. Of course, those with more conservative leanings are ABSOLUTELY LOSING IT over this. Calling for the boys (15 and 16 years old) to be charged as adults, prison for life, etc. etc.

Here we have an almost mirror of the situation, but with the cops as the aggressors, with a "sucker push". And now conservatives are...justifying it in some way? Why does it seem that 15 and 16 year old boys are held to a higher standard than our police force?
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-06-05 23:50:56
Link | Citer | R

conservatism is based
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-05 23:51:26
Link | Citer | R

There's no justifiable excuse for pushing him. Doesn't matter how easy he toppled over, there's no reason that in the middle of a large group of police in full riot armor that you need to push someone being peaceful. And even did it without warning.

No. You don't just, approach cops in that kind of tense situation and start putting your hands close to their weapon belt, period. No matter your age.

Now that being said, poor old fella definitely should have been helped immediately, but you don't get to do what he did, no matter your age/gender/race/nationality.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-05 23:52:05
Link | Citer | R

"I believe Tara Reade, but will vote for Joe Biden, anyway." ~ Ilhan Omar (and many others).

That is a somewhat acceptable example of hypocrisy, but it's muddled simply because of our two party system, so the choice is someone who has dozens of sexual assault allegations vs someone with a handful at most, among the plethora of other moral issues in regards to Trump.

Meanwhile you have McConnell's very existence, "We should not fill this supreme court seat in an election year" to "Well of course this time it is different". 6 years of McConnell as Senate Majority leader constantly crying about the debt and deficit, as soon as Republicans are in total control of the legislative process, no more worries about the debt or deficit, crazy, that.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-05 23:54:16
Link | Citer | R

No. You don't just, approach cops in that kind of tense situation and start putting your hands close to their weapon belt, period. No matter your age.

Now that being said, poor old fella definitely should have been helped immediately, but you don't get to do what he did, no matter your age/gender/race/nationality.

This is the problem with arguing with conservatives, they lack empathy.

Endless pages crying about Dorn losing his life, quickly skim over Floyd being murdered by cops, skip over protesters being beaten by cops, skip over an old man getting shoved and very possibly dying as a result of his injuries. BUT BY GOD DO NOT FORGET ABOUT DORN THAT IS THE ONE DEATH THAT MATTERS IN THIS WHOLE CLUSTERFUCK.
By Prong 2020-06-05 23:55:08
Link | Citer | R

That is a somewhat acceptable example of hypocrisy, but it's muddled simply because of our two party system, so the choice is someone who has dozens of sexual assault allegations vs someone with a handful at most, among the plethora of other moral issues in regards to Trump.

Meanwhile you have McConnell's very existence, "We should not fill this supreme court seat in an election year" to "Well of course this time it is different". 6 years of McConnell as Senate Majority leader constantly crying about the debt and deficit, as soon as Republicans are in total control of the legislative process, no more worries about the debt or deficit, crazy, that.

OMG we can agree on something. Yeah, there is garbage politicians on both sides. IMO Trump is an egotistical blowhard who I never liked as a person prior to him ever running for office and yes, with the two party system we get to pick between a egotist jerk who feels up women because lets be honest, if you are rich/famous/sports figure and, or a musician, there are millions of women who do let them...and the other side we have a career politician/pervert with dementia. Third choice would be great about now.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-05 23:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Endless pages crying about Dorn losing his life, quickly skim over Floyd being murdered by cops, skip over protesters being beaten by cops, skip over an old man getting shoved and very possibly dying as a result of his injuries. BUT BY GOD DO NOT FORGET ABOUT DORN THAT IS THE ONE DEATH THAT MATTERS IN THIS WHOLE CLUSTERFUCK.

False, again. There have been endless pages of people agreeing what happened to Floyd was terrible and should not happen and a few comments about this Dorn fella. Continue.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-05 23:57:08
Link | Citer | R

I think it's pretty clear that Washington is full of hypocrites regardless of political affiliation. I just wish the people who put them there actually held them accountable for that. It's just too bad that the voters within the individual parties have much more power to change their own party's representatives than they do the opposition's, but they rarely hold their own to account and spend all day pointing fingers. Thus, the cycle continues.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-06 00:03:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I think it's pretty clear that Washington is full of hypocrites regardless of political affiliation. I just wish the people who put them there actually held them accountable for that. It's just too bad that the voters within the individual parties have much more power to change their own party's representatives than they do the opposition's, but they rarely hold their own to account and spend all day pointing fingers. Thus, the cycle continues.

Yes, due to the sharp political divide that (let's be honest) started about 2012 and has continued...people literally do not care what a politician is like, what they stand for, what is their background...all they look for is that D or R and hit the lever.

Ok now thinking about it, the divide really started to sharpen during the George W. administration when liberals blamed him for everything from 9/11 to hurricanes to the locust returning. Barry and Donald just piled on.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-06 00:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Why isn't Dorns life important to you Ladyofhonor? I wonder what it is about him that you just can't fathom to show any sympathy for. You constantly dismiss him anytime it comes up, quite mind boggling. It's almost like you have an agenda. You literally only talk about cops doing x or y, never about any other victims.

The whole point I made with him was that you had people encouraging the looting and violence and saying it was "necessary" That is an indisputable FACT, people were bailing out the criminals with a fund that was funded by celebrities and donations. The end result of the far left encouraging that looting and rioting was the death of an innocent man (and others) You can be angry about the police violence and also about the people who had nothing to do with this situation that are paying the price. Their deaths could have been avoided if the criminal acts weren't supported (literally and figuratively.)
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-06 00:20:21
Link | Citer | R

Why isn't Dorns life important to you Ladyofhonor? I wonder what it is about him that you just can't fathom to show any sympathy for. You constantly dismiss him anytime it comes up, quite mind boggling. It's almost like you have an agenda. You literally only talk about cops doing x or y, never about any other victims.

I can answer this. Because it's like what I mentioned earlier. Leftist forum trolls see finding a middle ground on topics or *gasp* actually agreeing with anything a perceived conservative says as a weakness. It's as if they are playing some evil board game that dictates to them, "If you sway from your course in any form, you go back to the start and lose $200." They are not here to actually discuss topics. They are here to spew the most sensationalized version of their opinion in an attempt to get like-minded lemmings to "like" their post.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-06 00:50:44
Link | Citer | R

The truth is that conservatives don't care about Dorn's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of law enforcement.

For me, if I was going to address David Dorn's killing as a serious argument rather than a deflection I'd say, awful and unnecessary as it was, I'd say that Dorn's death represents an isolated tragic incident rather than a systemic problem, as George Floyd's death or so many others. There are institutional remedies for racism in the criminal justice system. For isolated killings not so much. But the posters who keep bringing up David Dorn are not doing so in good faith. There's no point in engaging them when they are trying to argue that a frail 75 year old man is a threat to 50 riot police...

To tie this in with hypocrisy:

In my hometown there was a fight at our Fair. It involved some teenage boys getting into a fight with an old white man. The old man was squared up, and seemed to be about ready to come to blows with one of the boys. A boy to the side then came up and suckerpunched the old man. The old man fell, hit his head, and ended up dying from his injuries. Of course, those with more conservative leanings are ABSOLUTELY LOSING IT over this. Calling for the boys (15 and 16 years old) to be charged as adults, prison for life, etc. etc.

Here we have an almost mirror of the situation, but with the cops as the aggressors, with a "sucker push". And now conservatives are...justifying it in some way? Why does it seem that 15 and 16 year old boys are held to a higher standard than our police force?

It's a small world. I know this story, happened not far from me. Conservatives have a very obvious agenda, is all I can say.

Hades.Dade said: »

conservatism is based

Oh ***this rocks!
By Draylo 2020-06-06 01:00:20
Link | Citer | R

So just like you lump all the cops together, you're lumping together anyone that mentions David. I am actually disgusted with the rioting/looting and I am also disgusted at excessive police force and what happened to George. I never said anything otherwise so I'm not sure why you're saying I am using it with some kind of agenda.

My whole argument since this rioting started (I was very upset with the initial incident with George) was that it should be condemned by leaders (which they did but very late after damage was already done) and not supported by the left (which they set up bail funds to help criminals.) What spiraled from there was constant stream of people saying "U dont care about GEORGE or police!" even though nobody has said that since the beginning.

For now, to my knowledge, the looting has slowed down. So now we can focus on remembering George and pushing forward for change. I still won't forget the weak handling of the whole situation though which is where Dorn comes in. Most of the left hasn't even heard of his name as I showed Milla Jovovich earlier and she dismissed his death too.

It falls onto the hands of politics sadly and I don't see any democratic leader being that change. Right now you have weak leaders in a lot of democratic run cities like De Blasio and they have handled this situation extremely poorly (from the cops to the rioters, all of it.) I don't have much trust in Biden, and I don't see what options at this point there are tbh. None of them even ran with the ideas to change police or help the racial situation whatsoever, this has been an ongoing issue even before George.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-06 01:09:54
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-06-06 01:16:42
Link | Citer | R

We needed more of this in the democratic cities, just like Lady was claiming I was asking for death bringing in the NG even though they can handle it better than cops:

By Prong 2020-06-06 01:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sirris said: »
There's no point in engaging them when they are trying to argue that a frail 75 year old man is a threat to 50 riot police...

And there is no point in engaging liberals when all they see is what they want.

NOBODY gets to just, waltz up to cops and lung their hands near their weapons belt, especially in those tense situations. Nobody said that it wasn't bad the cops didn't help him immediately, but you choose to ignore this. The cop flat out barely pushed the guy away and he stumbled and fell. If you see anything different it's because you WANT to see something different.

And don't make me laugh, acting like you honestly give a ***about Floyd's death beyond using him to back an ideological statement any more than conservatives using Dorn to prove that point. Hypocritical statement.
[+]
By Prong 2020-06-06 01:30:23
Link | Citer | R

This is a step in the right direction.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-06 01:32:05
Link | Citer | R

that should just be a common sense thing... but i guess

[+]
By Prong 2020-06-06 02:14:25
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

that should just be a common sense thing... but i guess

Right, honestly was surprised a bit this isn't a standard policy across the board.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 04:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
RadialArcana said: »
The problem isn't so much moderators, the problem is users on the left who cannot accept anyone blaspheming against their religion, and so they spam report you when you do.

I can't speak to other sites, but this is flatly untrue here. Both sides try to work the refs, and if there's a tilt one way or the other, it comes from the right.

I personally don't believe this for a second, there are a handful of people on this site that could be called left or right wing in the first place so if "people on the right" are spamming reports it would be from one of a few people. I know it's not me doing it and I don't think the most prominent ones I know of are spam reporting either.

So who is spamming the mass of reports from the "right leaning" posters? This mystery right winger who loves censorship, who could it be I wonder?

I mean all you have to do is look at the "this post is pending moderation" tags and you'll see it's always things the left disapprove of, which goes against the argument being pushed.

Just sayin.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-06 04:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Idiot Boy said: »
The problem isn't so much moderators, the problem is users on the left who cannot accept anyone blaspheming against their religion, and so they spam report you when you do.

I can't speak to other sites, but this is flatly untrue here. Both sides try to work the refs, and if there's a tilt one way or the other, it comes from the right.

I personally don't believe this for a second, there are a handful of people on this site that could be called left or right wing in the first place so if "people on the right" are spamming reports it would be from one of a few people. I know it's not me doing it and I don't think the most prominent ones I know of are spam reporting either.

So who is spamming the mass of reports from the "right leaning" posters? This mystery right winger who loves censorship, who could it be I wonder?

I mean all you have to do is look at the "this post is pending moderation" tags and you'll see it's always things the left disapprove of, which goes against the argument being pushed.

Just sayin.

I like how you're trying to tell an Admin, who is the only one with the actual data, that his data is wrong. If that isn't telling of just how absurd those on the right are right now, I just don't know man lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-06 04:11:30
Link | Citer | R

Crazy lunatic from star wars: "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy"

Jedi:"only a sith deals in absolutes!"

Modern democrats: "that's something a nazi would say!"
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-06-06 04:16:59
Link | Citer | R

Diving back into this thread.

Again, from the perspective of an outsider looking in it does seem as though the recruitment/training of police needs an overhaul. Psychiatric evaluation should take place a lot sooner than it currently does, having had a look at the current process. I have two cousins back in the UK who are both on-the-beat officers, and it took them a long time to get to where they are. Three years if I recall.

It seems that police departments seem to take anyone they can get and give them an extraordinary degree of power right off the bat. That system is not going to catch bad cops before they end up engrained in the department, that has to change.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 117 118 119