Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 117 118 119
By 6souls 2020-06-05 16:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I just don't see why that is acceptable in any forum unless the person is advocating violence or trolling.

You were put on a 24 hour timeout for trolling and arguing in circles. You are no better than the people who were banished to the spam section. It's not because of someone's opinion, it's because they ***up the forum with nonsense.

kreek said: »
Also I thought KI had been nuked, the forums are gone?

Wigglestyx killed KI when he realized there wasn't much point of keeping it around. Imo, other sources provided better information.

It does suck that it's gone. The same server also hosted our linkshell's website.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 16:08:28
Link | Citer | R

I rarely took place in debates on that sites political section, just here and there. I did notice, and its quite known for a while, that anyone with a contrary opinion gets dogpiled on and eventually temp banned.

The problem isn't so much moderators, the problem is users on the left who cannot accept anyone blaspheming against their religion, and so they spam report you when you do.

If enough people spam report you can sometimes force a moderation, if some of the mods aren't all that experienced. They will just assume there is a problem if so many reported it, or take action on a minor issue when normally they would not.

As someone that used to make arguments bashing the right, and then swapped in 2016 I very much do see the difference in moderation around the interweb. Reddit is the worst.
Administrator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-05 16:10:21
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
The problem isn't so much moderators, the problem is users on the left who cannot accept anyone blaspheming against their religion, and so they spam report you when you do.

I can't speak to other sites, but this is flatly untrue here. Both sides try to work the refs, and if there's a tilt one way or the other, it comes from the right.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 16:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Are there more black people in Democrat states?

You could always move to Texas Draylo.

The leadership in Democrat states let the riots happen, they are very lax and afraid of being called raisins.
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-06-05 16:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
Viciouss said: »
I don't see why he feels the need to update us on what's going on at BG.

But am enjoying the lack of self awareness of some of our same conservative friends here talking about being silenced on other sites. You know the same ones who have all at one one point ranted about being victims of liberal bias by mods on FFXIAH. Maybe they’ll stop that now.

Needed that laugh today.
Gracias Zero.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-06-05 16:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Texas is democrat now lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:21:01
Link | Citer | R

strong media voices on the right over time convince their listeners/viewers they aren't playing by the same rules as the voices on the left.

With enough time, those people on the right then are convinced that if they don't play by those different rules, they can't win, so they MUST play dirty.

Meanwhile, the reality on BOTH sides is an extremely small percentage is actually "playing dirty", but because of the initial accusations from the right against the left, the reactionary biteback is larger than the original faults. So no we have more "militant" righties than lefties, even though those righties would SWEAR they're only doing it to fight the original sins.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-05 16:23:04
Link | Citer | R

all those people from california /shakesfist
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:23:33
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
all those people from california /shakesfist
/em says Colorado as well.
By Viciouss 2020-06-05 16:25:33
Link | Citer | R

I just don't know because I've been left leaning almost my whole life and after this event I just feel the left has failed incredibly in trying to push for an end to violence (police included.) I think a lot of voters are going to take that into account and some of these democrats will need to work harder for that vote and put forth change. I kept quoting OBAMA and how he condemned the violence (which nobody attacked him for) but he had 8 years to change this and he did nothing? What can you expect any democrat to do after a black man couldn't even do anything? They aren't seeing the picture.

So much to digest here lol. First of all, the problem isn't really at the federal level, so there isn't much a President can do, especially without Congress. This is a local/state level issue. Remember, Chauvin and his accomplices are being charged with crimes at the state level, not the federal. Their sentences will be determined by state guidelines, not federal.

As I have said, in situations like this, the President's role should be a mediator, a moral compass, the one calling for peace and unity. Trump did the complete opposite, attacking the black community, threatening violence, carrying out violence, not even conjuring up the courage to do an Oval Office address while the nation was burning. Instead, Obama and Biden stole that spotlight for the Democrats, leading the calls for unity. The Republicans have lost ground in the last week, especially in the black vote. Good luck making it back up, it was always going to be an incredibly tough inroad, since Obama was standing in the way.

Look at the the comments from Trump today, its supposed to be a great day for George Floyd? He is dead. How is it a good day for him and his family? Its nonsense.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 16:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A special squad on the Buffalo Police Department — the Emergency Response Team — has resigned from their posts, according to the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association.

The announcement comes one day after two members were suspended without pay when a video surfaced, showing the officers pushing over a 75-year-old protestor, causing injury. The BPD Internal Affairs unit has opened an investigation into the incident.

“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, PBA president.

Quote:
“Don’t put them out there if you don’t want them to do the job,” Evans wrote in a text to Investigative Post. “This is an example of officers doing exactly what they’re supposed to and then getting charged. It’s so wrong.”

This is the group that pushed the 75 year old guy down and cracked his head open.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-06-05 16:26:25
Link | Citer | R

6souls said: »
I just don't see why that is acceptable in any forum unless the person is advocating violence or trolling.

You were put on a 24 hour timeout for trolling and arguing in circles. You are no better than the people who were banished to the spam section. It's not because of someone's opinion, it's because they ***up the forum with nonsense.

Also I thought KI had been nuked, the forums are gone?

Wigglestyx killed KI when he realized there wasn't much point of keeping it around. Imo, other sources provided better information.

It does suck that it's gone. The same server also hosted our linkshell's website.

personally never seen a website moderated as poorly as bluegartr.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 16:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
strong media voices on the right over time convince their listeners/viewers they aren't playing by the same rules as the voices on the left.

With enough time, those people on the right then are convinced that if they don't play by those different rules, they can't win, so they MUST play dirty.

Meanwhile, the reality on BOTH sides is an extremely small percentage is actually "playing dirty", but because of the initial accusations from the right against the left, the reactionary biteback is larger than the original faults. So no we have more "militant" righties than lefties, even though those righties would SWEAR they're only doing it to fight the original sins.

You have no idea what you're talking about, because you agree with the hive mind that are in control in most places.

The left are playing dirty, the Democrats are playing dirty (Trump has been totally persecuted totally unfiarly), the left wing extremists are rioting int he streets, the left wing media are pushing full blown propaganda because Trump rustles their jimmies and the rank and file democrats support and donate money to bail those extremists out.

Post deleted by User.
By 6souls 2020-06-05 16:28:20
Link | Citer | R

I come in and post videos of cops that are doing some good

You've posted three videos and two of those were after I told you to start posting about the good happening if you're sick of us posting examples of police brutality.

I post the aftermath of this violence on small businesses that are black owned and I post the tragic death of David Dorn.

And you haven't shut up about him since. Yes, we understand he is a victim and it's f*cking wrong how the looters did him. It has been widely covered on social media by liberals and the conservatives, it also also been featured on news networks. Just because you don't see it on YouTube doesn't mean it's not getting coverage.

The place is a hivemind.

That's been your excuse for everyone who doesn't agree with you.

So I used his and others exact line against me "you're being a karen just block me" and yet I get suspended.

Yes, people are stubborn and live for the drama, not matter how small, but your b*tching and moving of goal posts are getting on people's nerves. Deflecting & using the excuse "I'm just trying to understand" isn't getting you any points.

They even had people willing to pay 200 dollars to get me banned from the forum (they probably got the mods bribed privately.)

Even though you've been on the website for over a decade, did you ever notice that we used to do a raffle to help keep the site online? One of the perk tiers for that included banning a person of your choice for a day/week/month depending on how much was donated. That is what people are referring to.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-05 16:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Not really? Its still a red state, despite the fact Trump isn't overwhelmingly popular here. The terrible Governor is a Republican and has been for 20+ years now, the state House and Senate are red, both Senate seats are red and have been for a while, and the majority of the House seats are red. Its a conservative leaning state, and since it is way too expensive for the Democrats to campaign here, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if Biden is leading in polls here, which I think they are very close, I won't believe the state will go blue until it actually happens. He could be ahead by 10 points the day before the election, and I would still think it will go for Trump.
By Viciouss 2020-06-05 16:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Cele didnt you say you were gonna ignore Kireek's lunacy? I think you should do that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By 6souls 2020-06-05 16:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
personally never seen a website moderated as poorly as bluegartr.

I can partially agree with you on that. A lot of mods just don't live on the website anymore. A lot of the moderation burned people out. We had one guy devoted to researching and banning spam bots who isn't with us any more. People move on, websites get neglected.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-05 16:33:33
Link | Citer | R

It's totally impossible to know how things are going to go politically right now, also polls are totally useless because the media has demonized Trump to the point people are afraid to be honest with them.

They will be honest when they vote instead of when they answer questions.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2020-06-05 16:34:29
Link | Citer | R

Not really? Its still a red state, despite the fact Trump isn't overwhelmingly popular here. The terrible Governor is a Republican and has been for 20+ years now, the state House and Senate are red, both Senate seats are red and have been for a while, and the majority of the House seats are red. Its a conservative leaning state, and since it is way too expensive for the Democrats to campaign here, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Even if Biden is leading in polls here, which I think they are very close, I won't believe the state will go blue until it actually happens. He could be ahead by 10 points the day before the election, and I would still think it will go for Trump.

And if Texas does go for Biden, I expect it will have more to do with traditional conservatives who are tired of Trump (and feel like they'd do okay with a Biden administration) than any sort of "blue wave".

My guess is it narrowly goes for Trump. The fact that we're even having a discussion about whether it's in play is absolutely ridiculous, though
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:36:37
Link | Citer | R

You have no idea what you're talking about, because you agree with the hive mind that are in control in most places.

Nope. Not in the least. In fact if you really must know I'm a registered Libertarian and socially an Objectivist. I'm about as far from the concepts of the "left hive mind" as you can come.

The left are playing dirty, the Democrats are playing dirty (Trump has been totally persecuted totally unfiarly)

I want actual examples of this one. The accusations I have seen about Trump's policies are straight on point, his explosive tendencies do nothing but destabilize a proper culture of debate. -he's not the first, he wont' be the last, and there not all from the same party. But I'm really curious to see what were "unfair persecutions" of Trump.

the left wing extremists are rioting in the streets, the left wing media are pushing full blown propaganda because Trump rustles their jimmies and the rank and file democrats support and donate money to bail those extremists out.

there are extremists on both ends of the political spectrum rioting, both trying to take advantage of a completely different objective trying to be met by the protesters. If you're close-minded enough to think its just the people you disagree with, look again. Because they're all trying to co-op the situation.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-05 16:41:50
Link | Citer | R

It's totally impossible to know how things are going to go politically right now, also polls are totally useless because the media has demonized Trump to the point people are afraid to be honest with them.

Impossible for people like you. Us Americans know how our elections work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:43:05
Link | Citer | R

he is right about one thing. More people like to whine and *** than actually do anything. So the voices screaming in opposition will no doubt be louder than the actual results.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-05 16:45:03
Link | Citer | R

he is right about one thing. More people like to whine and *** than actually do anything. So the voices screaming in opposition will no doubt be louder than the actual results.

This is the infuriating thing. we can't have HALF the country not vote. That's crazy.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-05 16:46:18
Link | Citer | R

You believed Hilary Clinton was going to win...

Ah yes, the go to Clinton reference.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-05 16:47:23
Link | Citer | R

where's aeonova when we need 'em for like 17 consecutive memes to just beat us all to the punch and move conversation forward?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 117 118 119