Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 117 118 119
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 09:42:35
Link | Citer | R

Isszo said: »
Sylph.Zombiemalphius said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Angry mob sounds pretty big for the relative handful of people taking part in rioting and looting.

It's cool though, I know quite a few people here are incapable of differentiating rioters and peaceful protesters. After all, there's absolutely no way the cops would be maiming innocent civilians.

Maybe if the angry but peaceful mob were self policing like you all claim you want to do, we wouldn't think they were so violent. Where was all this self-policing and community policing while Targets were being robbed, a women in a wheel chair beaten and building after building burned to the ground and people getting shot?

I can differentiate just fine. The peaceful protesters are still angry and they're still a mob. Nobody needs you. Stay home. We have systems to work these things out. Mob justice isn't justice.
The police have been guilty of an incredible amount of violence in the last week just like the rioters. How would you solve this problem?

It's not a problem. We give the police license to use force. The mob has to be controlled. We've seen what happens when it's not.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 09:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Angry mob sounds pretty big for the relative handful of people taking part in rioting and looting.
If only.

Never mind that the people who are rioting and looting are the ones doing the most damage. And there is a whole lot more of them than you want to admit.

A handful of people do not destroy whole neighborhoods across the nation.
By Isszo 2020-06-06 09:46:02
Link | Citer | R

It's cool though, I know quite a few people here are incapable of differentiating rioters and peaceful protesters. After all, there's absolutely no way the cops would be maiming innocent civilians.

Maybe if the angry but peaceful mob were self policing like you all claim you want to do, we wouldn't think they were so violent. Where was all this self-policing and community policing while Targets were being robbed, a women in a wheel chair beaten and building after building burned to the ground and people getting shot?

I can differentiate just fine. The peaceful protesters are still angry and they're still a mob. Nobody needs you. Stay home. We have systems to work these things out. Mob justice isn't justice.
The police have been guilty of an incredible amount of violence in the last week just like the rioters. How would you solve this problem?

It's not a problem. We give the police license to use force. The mob has to be controlled. We've seen what happens when it's not.
We don't give the police force to use on protesters. How could you possibly think it's not a problem that the police have been attacking innocent people, but condemn rioting?
[+]
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 09:51:05
Link | Citer | R

We don't give the police force to use on protesters. How could you possibly think it's not a problem that the police have been attacking innocent people, but condemn rioting?

Because it's not just a small peaceful protest and there's a lot of different factions of people there with different motivations. You are beyond delusional if you think this has been simply a peaceful protest. Look at the aftermath and what has been left in the wake. Again, where is all that self-policing and community policing? You people will get f**king steam rolled and then get back to calling for the police. Suburbanites are totally ignorant of what these neighborhoods are like. Peaceful protesters aren't fighting with the cops.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-06 09:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I haven't called for police to be abolished, appreciate you speaking for me though
Do you support the continuation of policing, or do you want to scrap it and do something else? If you want to do something else, what is your ideas?
Policing, in concept, is fine. The relative lack of training, how that training is allocated, lack of accountability, and the apparent lack of proper vetting are the big problems to me.

How to get there is beyond me. Local and federal runners on either side seem keen to let things go as they are. Police Unions are absurdly powerful.

Protesting's about the only thing we've got to possibly encourage future runners to run their platform on police reform.
By volkom 2020-06-06 09:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Only good police is no police. Petition your city representative to disband your local police force
By Isszo 2020-06-06 09:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Because it's not just a small peaceful protest and there's a lot of different factions of people there with different motivations. You are beyond delusional if you think this has been simply a peaceful protest. Look at the aftermath and what has been left in the wake. Again, where is all that self-policing and community policing? You people will get f**king steam rolled and then get back to calling for the police. Suburbanites are totally ignorant of what these neighborhoods are like. Peaceful protesters aren't fighting with the cops.
I didn't say this was 100% peaceful across the board. I said the police have attacked innocent people. Which they have. If I can agree with you that riots shouldn't happen, why do you have a hard time agreeing that police shouldn't attack non rioters?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 09:56:46
Link | Citer | R

And police officers who use force on peaceful protesters will be punished, especially in this current climate, since all eyes are on them.

Yes, some of the incidents occurred are deplorable, but it's also reactionary.

Let me ask you this: If you were demeaned by the general public for doing your job for decades, would you have a cool head all the time when the general public is attacking your livelihood?
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-06 09:58:28
Link | Citer | R

If only.

Never mind that the people who are rioting and looting are the ones doing the most damage. And there is a whole lot more of them than you want to admit.

Yes, they can. In a crowd of 20k, 1-200 is a handful, and that's more than enough to destroy a neighborhood when police are focused on the wrong people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 10:03:09
Link | Citer | R

I haven't called for police to be abolished, appreciate you speaking for me though
Do you support the continuation of policing, or do you want to scrap it and do something else? If you want to do something else, what is your ideas?
Policing, in concept, is fine. The relative lack of training, how that training is allocated, lack of accountability, and the apparent lack of proper vetting are the big problems to me.

How to get there is beyond me. Local and federal runners on either side seem keen to let things go as they are. Police Unions are absurdly powerful.

Protedtings about the only thing we've got to possibly encourage future runners to run their platform on police reform.
There is a lot more going on than you think.

For one, you are only focusing on the negative aspects of the police. For every single bad cop, there are thousands more good cops. But only the bad cops get shown to the public.

You are right about police unions being too powerful, but there is no calls for reform for police unions. Well, no calls for reforms by the left. The right, however... And let's not forget who contributes more towards state and local politicians for their campaigns.... So, the left, in their best interest, wants to keep police unions out of check, because the less power unions have, the less contributions the left gets, and it's all the left cares about anyway. That and abuse of power.
By Isszo 2020-06-06 10:03:54
Link | Citer | R

And police officers who use force on peaceful protesters will be punished, especially in this current climate, since all eyes are on them.

Yes, some of the incidents occurred are deplorable, but it's also reactionary.

Let me ask you this: If you were demeaned by the general public for doing your job for decades, would you have a cool head all the time when the general public is attacking your livelihood?
It's understandable why people don't have cool heads sometimes. I get that police are under a lot of pressure. Despite that, they are given weapons and power over civilians and should be held to a higher standard in confrontational situations. They should be trained to properly de-escalate situations.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 10:04:40
Link | Citer | R

1st assumption that I'm tired of seeing: That all police are good people because you saw a couple nice PSAs of cops handing out bags of food after a tornado. Just like the rest of humanity, there are good cops and bad cops. The difference is a police union blindly protects their own, thinking the whole world is out to get them, whereas I feel no need to blindly defend the other woodwind repair tech I work with if it turned out that he was beating his wife.

2nd assumption I'm tired of seeing: that anyone on the street has an identical message they're trying to get out there. Right now there are literally dozens of different groups with different messages trying to co-op the true message of the protesters. Its gonna take some nuance on your part to break it down, sorry.

And the final one I'm just sick of: that this is a left/right issue. This is a BLUE issue. Its in the way they police themselves, its in the way they shelter up and blindly protect their own, its in the way they view their own communities in an "us vs. them" mentality, instead of seeing that they are PART of that community, and have just as much invested in seeing it peaceful and productive as the citizens do. They're not jail wardens.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-06 10:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
The truth is that conservatives don't care about Dorn's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of law enforcement.
Your argument can be turned against you very easily. Like thus:

The truth is that liberals don't care about Floyd's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of other black people due to their lack of empathy.

Where does this lack of empathy come from?
Tribal warfare, if you want to look at history. Also, the whole notion that "If you are not with me, you are against me" mindset that liberals have. Which, unfortunately, a larger part of the black population tend to be part of that community.

I also think the level and quality of education presented to black communities are to blame, since it seems like nobody wants to present cognitive thinking in schools (of all degrees, except private), anymore.

So white people don't have tribal warfare?

And I wonder why the level and quality of education of the black community in America is poor...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 10:05:06
Link | Citer | R

If only.

Yes, they can. In a crowd of 20k, 1-200 is a handful, and that's more than enough to destroy a neighborhood when police are focused on the wrong people.
Except A) it is greater than "200" out of 20k, and B) police has to focus on the protesters so they can peacefully protest without interference. Or are you suggesting that the police ignore the protesters?
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 10:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
And I wonder why the level and quality of education of the black community in America is poor...

You tell us. I can't imagine what your answer will be. /sarc
By volkom 2020-06-06 10:07:23
Link | Citer | R

If only.

Except A) it is greater than "200" out of 20k, and B) police has to focus on the protesters so they can peacefully protest without interference. Or are you suggesting that the police ignore the protesters?

Blame the city councils. They can tell the police to stand down

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 10:08:25
Link | Citer | R

The truth is that conservatives don't care about Dorn's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of law enforcement.

The truth is that liberals don't care about Floyd's life, any more than they do any other black American. What it represents is a tool of argumentation, to attempt to dismiss the hundreds of years of horrific abuse that black people have suffered at the hands of other black people due to their lack of empathy.

Tribal warfare, if you want to look at history. Also, the whole notion that "If you are not with me, you are against me" mindset that liberals have. Which, unfortunately, a larger part of the black population tend to be part of that community.

I also think the level and quality of education presented to black communities are to blame, since it seems like nobody wants to present cognitive thinking in schools (of all degrees, except private), anymore.

White people do have tribal warfare in a sense. But we don't protest when a white person dies unjustly, that often. Mainly because when a white person dies, it's not national headlines.

And the level and quality of education of all Americans is poor. Not just towards the black community, although they have a disproportionate level of lack of quality among teachers. It's the teacher's union that preventing any improvements and abetting all discontents of education reform. Gee, I wonder which party supports the teacher's unions....
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 10:08:27
Link | Citer | R

And I wonder why the level and quality of education of the black community in America is poor...[/quote]

Yeah there's these tribes of really pale black people called "Irish" and "Scottish" and "Viking" in Northern Europe. Definitely not white people who practiced hundreds of years of tribal warfare.

...sorry I jacked up the "quotes".

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-06 10:09:56
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
If only.

Actually, only the Mayor can tell the police to stand down. City Councils do not have the power to tell the police to stand down, only the power to fund the police.

Think of it this way: Police is a part of the Executive Branch of local government, the Mayor is the head of the Executive Branch, and City Council is the Legislative Branch of local government.
By volkom 2020-06-06 10:11:29
Link | Citer | R

If only.

Actually, only the Mayor can tell the police to stand down. City Councils do not have the power to tell the police to stand down, only the power to fund the police.

Think of it this way: Police is a part of the Executive Branch of local government, the Mayor is the head of the Executive Branch, and City Council is the Legislative Branch of local government.

Sounds like these Democrat run cities are intentionally allowing it then~ /tinfoilhat
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-06 10:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Just to give the quote some context, the actual line is along the lines of "we're coming to vote you out of the White House in November". Not a single mention of violent removal.
By Sylph.Zombiemalphius 2020-06-06 10:17:56
Link | Citer | R

If only.

Sounds like these Democrat run cities are intentionally allowing it then~ /tinfoilhat

Hardly a conspiracy when they openly admit to it.

"It's a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well, and we work very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/baltimore-unrest/mayor-stephanie-rawlings-blake-under-fire-giving-space-destroy-baltimore-n349656
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-06 10:20:03
Link | Citer | R

White people do have tribal warfare in a sense. But we don't protest when a white person dies unjustly, that often. Mainly because when a white person dies, it's not national headlines.

And the level and quality of education of all Americans is poor. Not just towards the black community, although they have a disproportionate level of lack of quality among teachers. It's the teacher's union that preventing any improvements and abetting all discontents of education reform. Gee, I wonder which party supports the teacher's unions....

BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-06 10:23:52
Link | Citer | R

... "you will not be in the white house come novemeber. You will not be re-elected"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 117 118 119