TSA Makes The Rules Up As They Go Along.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » TSA makes the rules up as they go along.
TSA makes the rules up as they go along.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-02 15:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Except for she did resist the x-ray of her milk, and that's why she was put into the box in the first place
Not sure what good exposing milk to x-rays would do if one can personally check the credibility of the milk to begin with but again:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Would you want your child drinking radiated breast milk?
How do you know that the radiation is going to cause any if at all harm on the BREASTMILK? Wait we don't...crazy ***. Fear of the unknown is very strong.
We know the effects of x-ray radiation on humans. Although minor in detriment to an average person, to pregnant women and children the effects are much more potent and potentially severe. Not something I'd take the chance on with feeding a child.
You are able to quantify the amount of radiation that is emitted by these x-ray machines? Are you a *** genius our something? I never knew you knew so much about X-ray machines, you should probably try to see if you can get a job in a research firm to make them safer or something since you obviously know how dangerous radiation "can be" and you obviously know that everyone who goes through the scanner is going to die and be in extreme pain? Or have there been any reports of this?
There's a reason nurses and dental hygienists leave the rooms before taking your X-rays. There's a reason you wear that lead apron/bib too, its cause all X-rays are dangerous. Is this quantity of X-rays dangerous to ppl? Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should be needlessly exposed to it.
there's a reason this scanning machine is...well a scanning machine too. or do these TSA agents leave the premises? have you went through one/been in an airport around one?
Right cause the mother with a newborn from Kansas City, MO carrying around some breast milk is the one that's gonna blow up the plane... I suppose you'll be first in line then for the "suppository" search?
there's a reason this scanning machine is...well a scanning machine too. or do these TSA agents leave the premises? have you went through one/been in an airport around one? care to converse directly to the stuff you quoted rather than assuming a whole bunch of other ***?
Well stop acting stupid and asking irrelevant questions then.... No I have not been in/through one. What difference does it make, they still emit X-rays don't they? I do not know if the agents leave the premises or not but that doesn't mean they aren't otherwise protected from the radiation does it?
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 15:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Dumbest search to date
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:15:13
Link | Citer | R

That kitty is adorable.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Well stop acting stupid and asking irrelevant questions then....

No I have not been in/through one. What difference does it make, they still emit X-rays don't they?

I do not know if the agents leave the premises or not but that doesn't mean they aren't otherwise protected from the radiation does it?
so you know for a fact how strong this x-ray machine is?

Depends on the machine and purpose of use/practice.
Generally x-rays have been proven to be relatively harmless and safe for use by human beings. However, there are cases where harm has come from their use and exposure and is more potent to those more sensitive; especially pregnant women and children. Aside from the whole whether it's safe or not; would you risk having a natural compound run through radiation and be fed to your baby is the question at hand.
do you know if this "natural compound" would be harmed by an x-ray machine, when we put "natural compounds" in things such as microwaves every day?
but regardless, you guys don't know how "dangerous" this machine is, so it goes to back to my fear of the unknown point.
I don't know myself, but it's kind of silly to act like you know when you don't.
I don't think the scanners are all that necessary myself, so I've been a bit of a devil's advocate on that.
I just hate when people argue with emotion more than fact.
maybe we should run some breastmilk through the TSA scanner and test how much the radiation damaged it?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:

This one caught my attention the most. O_O
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-02 15:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
This one caught my attention the most. O_O
Boobies
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Well when it comes to your child and potentially exposing it to unnecessary harm, how could you not? The question that was always at hand was: Is it worth risking putting through radiation for the consumption of your child? It might not be harmful, but might isn't really good enough when it comes to the well being of your kid.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:20:07
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Well when it comes to your child and potentially exposing it to unnecessary harm, how could you not? The question that was always at hand was: Is it worth risking putting through radiation for the consumption of your child? It might not be harmful, but might isn't really good enough when it comes to the well being of your kid.
Well if you really are worried about it maybe squeeze the titty milk out after the fact and get a pat down?
Still doesn't remove you guys from arguing emotion rather than fact, it removes her from it because it's her kid.
but you guys are using emotional points, and you can easily make it a bit more factual rather than dowsing it in what you think "may" be harmful...when you know for a fact that you don't know for a fact.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 15:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

maybe we should run some breastmilk through the TSA scanner and test how much the radiation damaged it?
here's a FACT for you. They broke their own policy by trying to force her to x-ray the milk <.<

case closed. They were in the wrong. Can it be more obvious? It's not even important if the x-ray would damage the milk or not, since it wasn't supposed to be scanned anyway according to their own policy.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Well if you really are worried about it maybe squeeze the titty milk out after the fact and get a pat down?

I stated previous that it would defeat the purpose of having it contained to begin with. Good chance the mother was weening her child off direct breastfeeding and was leaning towards bottle feeding yet keeping the same level of nutrition. Breast milk isn't always available on demand for reobtaining either.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

here's a FACT for you. They broke their own policy by trying to force her to x-ray the milk <.<

case closed. They were in the wrong. Can it be more obvious? It's not even important if the x-ray would damage the milk or not, since it wasn't supposed to be scanned anyway according to their own policy.
yeah they should have made her just throw it out :/

don't get all up in arms thinking i'm defending the TSA those brohamns.
I'm not.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Why the *** would you bring milk on a plane?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:23:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
doesn't that ***need to be refrigerated anyway?
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 15:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Well stop acting stupid and asking irrelevant questions then....

No I have not been in/through one. What difference does it make, they still emit X-rays don't they?

I do not know if the agents leave the premises or not but that doesn't mean they aren't otherwise protected from the radiation does it?
so you know for a fact how strong this x-ray machine is?

Depends on the machine and purpose of use/practice.
Generally x-rays have been proven to be relatively harmless and safe for use by human beings. However, there are cases where harm has come from their use and exposure and is more potent to those more sensitive; especially pregnant women and children. Aside from the whole whether it's safe or not; would you risk having a natural compound run through radiation and be fed to your baby is the question at hand.
do you know if this "natural compound" would be harmed by an x-ray machine, when we put "natural compounds" in things such as microwaves every day?
but regardless, you guys don't know how "dangerous" this machine is, so it goes to back to my fear of the unknown point.
I don't know myself, but it's kind of silly to act like you know when you don't.
I don't think the scanners are all that necessary myself, so I've been a bit of a devil's advocate on that.

I hate it when people stick up for things that are stupid and unnecessary. What reason is there to put this breast milk and this woman through such lengthy circumstances? Absolutely none!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
doesn't that ***need to be refrigerated anyway?

That's what I thought :/
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 15:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
Not really. She had every right to bring the milk, and not having it scanned. again according to their own policy.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
Not really. She had every right to bring the milk, and not having it scanned. again according to their own policy.
how do you know?
i don't really know much about the scanning part.
but i'd imagine they can still throw it out.
lots of innocuous white liquids out there.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:26:34
Link | Citer | R

If you could bring milk, could you bring semen?

I mean does the liquid have to be dairy or do we have options?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Breastmilk is supposed to fit in with the "medical" clause.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 15:27:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
how do you know?
Enough for you....???
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

They might make you x-ray it thus destroying all your potential children, lawl.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-02 15:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Breastmilk is supposed to fit in with the "medical" clause.

Couldn't she have just used formula for one flight? As much as TSA is being awkward, people are pedantic too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

They might make you x-ray it thus destroying all your potential children, lawl.

D:
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:29:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
how do you know?
Enough for you....???
Present these items for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening.

I don't agree with the scanner part.
But I bet they did additional screening.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 15:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok... potential super hero happenings...

"When the breast milk got scanned, it got fused with radiation"

*BABY DRINKS MILK

"SUPER BABY EMERGES"
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok... potential super hero happenings...

"When the breast milk got scanned, it got fused with radiation"

*BABY DRINKS MILK

"SUPER BABY EMERGES"
BREAST-MILK MAN!
 Ragnarok.Zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-12-02 15:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
how do you know?
Enough for you....???
Present these items for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening.

Fact is still fact. She had every right to bring the milk, without it beeing scanned. And without beeing asked to throw it away.

Your quote
Quote:

I gave you fact, and proof that she was in the right and they were wrong (again according to TSA's own policy). And you're still arguing over it?
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 15:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I'm not.
how do you know?
Enough for you....???

Fact is still fact. She had every right to bring the milk, without it beeing scanned. And without beeing asked to throw it away.

Your quote
Quote:

I gave you fact, and proof that she was in the right and they were wrong (again according to TSA's own policy). And you're still arguing over it?

Worse part is just think of all the money everyone is forced to fork over to them just so they can be utterly incompetent.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
TSA's own policy is vague as ***, you're point is?
Who's arguing?
You're the one who's arguing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7