TSA Makes The Rules Up As They Go Along.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » TSA makes the rules up as they go along.
TSA makes the rules up as they go along.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said:
They shoulda lynched her ***.

well if you'd like I could go round up some people from around here and they could come pay you a visit, I know people that would. I'm white and you make my stomach upset.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:48:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, but google is wonderful.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Care to answer my sarcasm rather than making a vague statement about google?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-12-02 14:49:36
Link | Citer | R

They'd lynch her? Send them over and we'll get to the planning!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-12-02 14:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Need a strong rope to hold a coffin though :(
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Sure :3
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Sure :3
you smartass.
i will post my results of research through this weird thing called google then.
first result wins it since you can't make your own answers.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:54:19
Link | Citer | R

Here is what wiki says, the first link in google.

Quote:
X-rays are a relatively safe method of investigation and the radiation exposure is relatively low, depending upon the study. Experimental and epidemiological data, currently do not support the proposition that there is a threshold dose of radiation below which there is no increased risk of cancer.[26] However, this is under increasing doubt.[27] Diagnostic X-rays account for 14% of the total annual radiation exposure from man-made and natural sources worldwide.[28] It is estimated that the additional radiation will increase a person's cumulative risk of getting cancer by age 75 by 0.6–1.8%.[29] The amount of absorbed radiation depends upon the type of X-ray test and the body part involved.[30] CT and fluoroscopy entail higher doses of radiation than do plain X-rays.

To place the increased risk in perspective, a plain chest X-ray or dental X-ray will expose a person to the same amount from background radiation that we are exposed to (depending upon location) everyday over 10 days.[31] Each such X-ray would add less than 1 per 1,000,000 to the lifetime cancer risk. An abdominal or chest CT would be the equivalent to 2–3 years of background radiation, increasing the lifetime cancer risk between 1 per 10,000 and 1 per 1,000.[31] For instance, the effective dose to the torso from a CT scan of the chest of a 14 year old girl is about 5mSv.[32] These numbers are very small compared to the roughly 40% chance of developing any cancer during our lifetime.[33] It should be noted that the accurate estimation of effective doses due to CT is difficult. For instance, the estimation uncertainty range is about ±19% to ±32% for adult head scans depending upon the method used.[34]

Fathers exposed to diagnostic x-rays are more likely to have infants who contract leukemia, especially if exposure is closer to conception or includes two or more X-rays of the lower gastrointestinal (GI) tract or lower abdomen.[35] The risk of radiation is greater to unborn babies, so in pregnant patients, the benefits of the investigation (X-ray) should be balanced with the potential hazards to the unborn fetus.[36][37] In the US, there are an estimated 62,000,000 CT scans performed annually, including more than 4,000,000 on children.[30] Avoiding unnecessary X-rays (especially CT scans) will reduce radiation dose and any associated cancer risk.[38]

But that still doesn't really say much about the "scanner" machines that you profess to be so harmful since I'd imagine it's not going to be the exact same thing as your typical X-ray scanner, but that's just my common sense that's tingling on that one.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:54:20
Link | Citer | R

I got no animosity towards ya Vin, just don't see the need to copy and paste paragraphs in documents accessible to all within 2-3 clicks.

Also I know that x-rays (at least in a medical line) are relatively safe on human beings, but it has the potential for harm, especially on those more sensitive to radiation; ie: pregnant women and children.
Hence, why I wouldn't risk running breast milk (something consumed by a small child) through radiation of any kind.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-02 14:54:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 14:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Except for she did resist the x-ray of her milk, and that's why she was put into the box in the first place

Not sure what good exposing milk to x-rays would do if one can personally check the credibility of the milk to begin with but again:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Would you want your child drinking radiated breast milk?
How do you know that the radiation is going to cause any if at all harm on the BREASTMILK?
Wait we don't...crazy ***.
Fear of the unknown is very strong.

We know the effects of x-ray radiation on humans.
Although minor in detriment to an average person, to pregnant women and children the effects are much more potent and potentially severe. Not something I'd take the chance on with feeding a child.
You are able to quantify the amount of radiation that is emitted by these x-ray machines?
Are you a *** genius our something?
I never knew you knew so much about X-ray machines, you should probably try to see if you can get a job in a research firm to make them safer or something since you obviously know how dangerous radiation "can be" and you obviously know that everyone who goes through the scanner is going to die and be in extreme pain?
Or have there been any reports of this?

There's a reason nurses and dental hygienists leave the rooms before taking your X-rays. There's a reason you wear that lead apron/bib too, its cause all X-rays are dangerous. Is this quantity of X-rays dangerous to ppl? Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should be needlessly exposed to it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Except for she did resist the x-ray of her milk, and that's why she was put into the box in the first place

Not sure what good exposing milk to x-rays would do if one can personally check the credibility of the milk to begin with but again:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
How do you know that the radiation is going to cause any if at all harm on the BREASTMILK?

Although minor in detriment to an average person, to pregnant women and children the effects are much more potent and potentially severe. Not something I'd take the chance on with feeding a child.
You are able to quantify the amount of radiation that is emitted by these x-ray machines?
I never knew you knew so much about X-ray machines, you should probably try to see if you can get a job in a research firm to make them safer or something since you obviously know how dangerous radiation "can be" and you obviously know that everyone who goes through the scanner is going to die and be in extreme pain?

There's a reason nurses and dental hygienists leave the rooms before taking your X-rays. There's a reason you wear that lead apron/bib too, its cause all X-rays are dangerous. Is this quantity of X-rays dangerous to ppl? Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should be needlessly exposed to it.
there's a reason this scanning machine is...well a scanning machine too.
or do these TSA agents leave the premises?
have you went through one/been in an airport around one?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:

first smart thing I've heard you say, I'm impressed.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:57:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
I got no animosity towards ya Vin, just don't see the need to copy and paste paragraphs in documents accessible to all within 2-3 clicks.

Also I know that x-rays (at least in a medical line) are relatively safe on human beings, but it has the potential for harm, especially on those more sensitive to radiation; ie: pregnant women and children.
Hence, why I wouldn't risk running breast milk (something consumed by a small child) through radiation of any kind.
so you know of the effects of radiation on substances?
you make vague claims and then tell me to google it.
but shouldn't you google it rather than making vague claims?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 14:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

I dunno, but I wouldn't want it on something that would be consumed by my baby.
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 14:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Right cause the mother with a newborn from Kansas City, MO carrying around some breast milk is the one that's gonna blow up the plane...

I suppose you'll be first in line then for the "suppository" search?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-02 14:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:

I dunno, but I wouldn't want it on something that would be consumed by my baby.

I'm going to stand on the edge and say there's probably a good reason why it's listed as a medical liquid and is except from scanning.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 14:59:59
Link | Citer | R

also, directly from the TSA backscatter site:
Quote:
Q. Is imaging technology safe?
A. Advanced imaging technology is safe and meets national health and safety standards. Backscatter technology was evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL). For comparison, a single scan using backscatter technology produces exposure equivalent to two minutes of flying on an airplane, and the energy projected by millimeter wave technology is thousands of times less than a cell phone transmission.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:00:38
Link | Citer | R

You don't see doctors letting any objects other than yourself run through x-ray scans.
I'm sure there's a good reason for it aside from policy and red tape helping prevent their *** from a lawsuit when the unlikely worse case scenario happens.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:

Right cause the mother with a newborn from Kansas City, MO carrying around some breast milk is the one that's gonna blow up the plane...

care to converse directly to the stuff you quoted rather than assuming a whole bunch of other ***?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:01:05
Link | Citer | R

FDA also green lights drugs that increase chances of heart attacks by 50%. Awesome!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:04:32
Link | Citer | R

LOOOOOOOTS OF ASSUMING GOING ON IN HERE.
YOU ARE MAKING AN *** OUT OF U AND ME GUIZ!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:04:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
FDA also green lights drugs that increase chances of heart attacks by 50%. Awesome!
why don't you protest the FDA then?
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Scary when this stuff gets green lighted
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 15:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:

care to converse directly to the stuff you quoted rather than assuming a whole bunch of other ***?

Well stop acting stupid and asking irrelevant questions then....

No I have not been in/through one. What difference does it make, they still emit X-rays don't they?

I do not know if the agents leave the premises or not but that doesn't mean they aren't otherwise protected from the radiation does it?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Scary when this stuff gets green lighted
Why are you not trying to take the FDA down, they are obviously corrupted?
This ^is both serious and sarcastic.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-02 15:07:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:

No I have not been in/through one. What difference does it make, they still emit X-rays don't they?

I do not know if the agents leave the premises or not but that doesn't mean they aren't otherwise protected from the radiation does it?
so you know for a fact how strong this x-ray machine is?
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-02 15:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
I loled
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-02 15:08:58
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Round and round in circles we go

Cerberus.Zandra said:

Probably not, but that doesn't mean you should be needlessly exposed to it.

Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-12-02 15:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

Depends on the machine and purpose of use/practice.
Generally x-rays have been proven to be relatively harmless and safe for use by human beings. However, there are cases where harm has come from their use and exposure and is more potent to those more sensitive; especially pregnant women and children. Aside from the whole whether it's safe or not; would you risk having a natural compound run through radiation and be fed to your baby is the question at hand.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7