First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-18 16:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Cutting off unemployment benefits is not good for the economy, under normal circumstances. However, these are not "normal" times. Many Americans have decided (or been persuaded) to blame "big spending" and the national debt for their economic woes. Sadly, all those people are badly disillusioned or misinformed. In reality, the national debt has no direct ties to the everyday plight of Americans (unemployment, low salaries, healthcare costs, etc.). However, American voters "have spoken" by electing GOP representatives into power, and the current GOP reps are not going to allow any spending bills to pass during the remainder of this "lame duck" congressional session. It's sad really. Americans are going to find out that even if we "balance the budget" (which is an absurd concept @ the national level), we're still going to face the same economy. Our educational system is declining and antiquated. Our healthcare system is bogged down in private bureaucracy. Our democracy is heavily influenced by special interests. Our people eat too much, and also eat too much artificial junk. Our infrastructure is archaic compared to other civilized nations. America is still a great place to live. Better than most places. But it's in decline at this time, make no mistake.

Are you completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

What do you think people do when they have money? They spend.
What do people do when they don't have money? They don't spend as much.

What drives the economy? Spendings.

If you arent get unemployement benefits then you arent spending.

If you arent spending then companies make less money.

If companies are making less money than they have to cut more workers.

If companies are cutting more workers then unemployment becomes more of an issue.

If unemployment is more of an issue then benefits become more of an issue.

And so forth. Your entire comment is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There's a reason we have a safety net at the bottom. Otherwise the economy bottoms out and companies die.
[+]
By jayallday2012 2010-11-18 16:45:35
Link | Citer | R

It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something!
I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-18 16:48:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
want some extra cash and play ffxi or ffxiv? quit.
edit: nvm about ffxiv cause i think the sub. has been free since it released since blah blah

or get a rich girlfriend like Poupee?
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Serveur: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-18 16:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:
edit: nvm about ffxiv cause i think the sub. has been free since it released since blah blah

yep.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-18 16:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

yep.

taking applications?
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-18 16:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

yep.

taking applications?
nope. spot is being held.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-18 16:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

if you ain't a man you gonna get a puck in tha teef bro.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-18 16:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

this too. i like my men MANLYYYY
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-18 16:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

women do it all the time <.< why cant men?
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-18 16:53:42
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

men are expected to be richer then woman.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-18 16:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Asura.Poupee said:

men are expected to be richer then woman.

the roles are being reverse now. slowly, but surely
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-11-18 16:56:44
Link | Citer | R

jayallday2012 said:
It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something!
I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.
I beg to differ. Jobs are far from easy to come by in virtually every field lately, save maybe for extremely high-demand tech jobs. To those now unemployed, the reason they sit on their duffs is because of the fact that they're still receiving more money than an individual that works a minimum wage job, via benefits etc. (Which has been mentioned numerous times in here already.) In some cases you could say people are lazy, but for the most part its just people taking advantage of a completely broken system.

I for instance was laid off from my previous employer, unable to find work, I moved shortly after and continued to job hunt for nearly 4 months. I wouldn't necessarily call that lazy. The fact I was denied unemployment benefits only fueled the need to find something quickly. To anyone from the outside looking in, they would almost immediately assume that I am lazy. Theres just some times where you can't find a job. Plain and simple.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-18 17:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Anbu said:
Bluespyder said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Pawnskipper said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Pawnskipper said:
Asura.Olue said:
Yeah it sucks. They'll just have to take a less respectable job until their field of expertise opens up again. A lot of Americans have this entitlement attitude that they need to drop. I support some amount of a social safety net but this attitude where people are too good to work underemployed needs to stop. Unemployment benefits going for 99 weeks seems more like a safety trampoline to me.
Agreed. If you cant find a job and Wendy's is hiring, you damn sure better be flipping burgers. It sucks, but its money.
although i can see your point.. the problem with that is, most of these people were making $20+ hr. wages, and even with unemployment benefits they are still getting most of that + healthcare. the problem with working fast food is, that you are not making even close to what you would with your main job or unemployment, the avg. food service worker makes $7 an hr. that is not enough to make ends meet if you are trying to support a wife and kids its almost not even worth it to work those kinda jobs...
I agree. But whats better? No check, living on the streets....or a $300 check living on the streets. I know thats a little extreme. But when it boils down to it, when the checks stop coming from uncle sam, any money helps.
If nothing else the experience and the ability to show future would-be employers that you are responsible enough to hold down and keep a job, helps.
Fyi in the real world a job at Micky D's flipping burgers does more bad than good if your looking for a real Job out side of fast food or retain. Imagine going for a job in IT and you put you been flipping burgers at micky d's for the past year lol your resume is going in the garbage.
So its better to say I been unemployed doing absolutely nothing for the last year? I work in an environment where I can decide who can and can't have a call back for a job and I would take someone who shows they want to try and work than someone who "Can't find a job or adapt"

I'm not saying that ... I'm just saying don't put on your resume ^^

For the love of God, be very *** careful if choosing to follow this advice. You must know the difference between a resume and the employment history on a job application.

There are plenty of HR departments that DO care whether or not your 10-year job history is accurate. In many circumstances, you will lose your job if HR learns that you lied on your job application. Job applications are signed, legal documents. If you lie on a job application, be ready to accept the consequences.

The resume is a totally different matter. It's a sales pitch and not a legal document. For people applying for IT positions (for example), there's no reason to specifically mention bugger-flipping experience. It's just not relevant. Your resume has about 10-15 seconds to convince the hiring manager/HR personnel to give you a second look and possibly an interview. It's best not to waste that limited window of opportunity on burger-flipping methodology.

But do list it on the actual job application.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-18 17:02:30
Link | Citer | R

jayallday2012 said:

There are PLENTY of people, Even with college educations who have horrible times finding a job.

The job market in America right now is horrible, people even with Degrees and years of experience have hard time finding jobs because of the overwhelming demand for jobs. The unemployment rate is high and even staffing companies will tell you on the phone how bad the market is that it might take some time before a job presents itself (I know, I have 2 Staffing companies with my resume at the moment)

After a good half-a-year of searching, lowering my standards a good bit a long the way, I managed to luck into a 10$/hr Call-center job (Which i just interviewed for), but its only Holiday-work cause the can't afford to keep people permanently cause of the bad economy.

I was extremely active when looking for a job, even got a professional resume done, set up my Resume on multiple Job-searching websites and as i said applied to two Staffing companies (TRC Staffing being one, Probably local? They're the ones who just found me this 1-2 Month Contract Call Center job)

I'm not asking you to feel bad for Unemployed people, but the way you talk makes you sound either like someone who dumb-lucked into a Minimum wage job after highschool and now thinks "lol job finding is easy" or someone who's never been laid off and had to search for a job with high enough pay to support their rent/electric/gas/food expenses alone.

And I'm aware as i type this I'm probably going to have very few people agree with me... but its rough, maybe its just Saint Louis though?
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-11-18 17:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Unemployment system is one of the most abused pos systems in existence for the US, it's too bad so many people take advantage of it and do not use it as it was intended. To most people, this is their money, this is their right, they are entitled to this "free" money.

The problem is, how do you get people to act as if there was no unemployment while they are on it? You can't most people figure it's free money they will kick back and let the dough roll in. Take it away from someone and then watch them look for a new job, for the people without the magical safety net (parents/family) to leech off of you'll see a complete turn around in enthusiasm.

It's just one of the many abused shitty programs in the US, people find exploits and weakness and suck these programs dry while the people who actually need these programs starve because of the limited resources left.

Actually any Independent single adult who is on unemployment will have their salary cut in half up to 425 a week. Now if a person was living check to check (which most of us are) going on unemp @ half salary you'll be luck if your not living on the streets. Also a job making 7 an hour you'll will have to live with family because you won't be able to afford a place to stay unless you rent out a room. What about cable/internet, a cell phone, a car ect... you can't have any of this if your making 7 an hour you might actually make more just being on welfare....
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-18 17:05:04
Link | Citer | R

jayallday2012 said:

*** all the haters who rated this man down. Lazy *** people rating him down expect him and I to hold your hand and take care of you. You want a job? Go *** get it. Get money.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-18 17:05:56
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
jayallday2012 said:

*** all the haters who rated this man down. Lazy *** people rating him down expect him and I to hold your hand and take care of you. You want a job? Go *** get it. Get money.

the guy's a moron, he needs rated down.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-11-18 17:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
jayallday2012 said:

Lol. I'm not even sure how I can respond to that. It just boggles the mind. I for one am no lazy ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-18 17:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
jayallday2012 said:
It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something! I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.
I beg to differ. Jobs are far from easy to come by in virtually every field lately, save maybe for extremely high-demand tech jobs. To those now unemployed, the reason they sit on their duffs is because of the fact that they're still receiving more money than an individual that works a minimum wage job, via benefits etc. (Which has been mentioned numerous times in here already.) In some cases you could say people are lazy, but for the most part its just people taking advantage of a completely broken system. I for instance was laid off from my previous employer, unable to find work, I moved shortly after and continued to job hunt for nearly 4 months. I wouldn't necessarily call that lazy. The fact I was denied unemployment benefits only fueled the need to find something quickly. To anyone from the outside looking in, they would almost immediately assume that I am lazy. Theres just some times where you can't find a job. Plain and simple.

Do you have any evidence of that? I don't think you can prove that unemployment encourages people to stay unemployeed. Let me know.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-11-18 17:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
jayallday2012 said:
I beg to differ. Jobs are far from easy to come by in virtually every field lately, save maybe for extremely high-demand tech jobs. To those now unemployed, the reason they sit on their duffs is because of the fact that they're still receiving more money than an individual that works a minimum wage job, via benefits etc. (Which has been mentioned numerous times in here already.) In some cases you could say people are lazy, but for the most part its just people taking advantage of a completely broken system.

I for instance was laid off from my previous employer, unable to find work, I moved shortly after and continued to job hunt for nearly 4 months. I wouldn't necessarily call that lazy. The fact I was denied unemployment benefits only fueled the need to find something quickly. To anyone from the outside looking in, they would almost immediately assume that I am lazy. Theres just some times where you can't find a job. Plain and simple.

Taking advantage of this system is easy. I was unemployed and drew normal benefits for 6 months, then I moved and used a clause which extends benefits for ex-military who are forced to relocate due to an Honorable Discharge with orders written to return to NYS. Just as that extension was about to run out I applied for college and reapplied for unemployment as an enrolled student and basically restart my timer and as I am a student I am not even required to actively seek work anymore. Then that actually ran out and good ole Obama extended my benefits even further. On top of that I get money from the GI Bill now.

Why the hell would I even apply for a job that I know I am going to make 500-800 bucks less a month than what I make on unemployment, that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-18 17:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
jayallday2012 said:

the guy's a moron, he needs rated down.
and look at his icon. it just screams rate me down
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-18 17:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Anbu said:

Actually any Independent single adult who is on unemployment will have their salary cut in half up to 425 a week. Now if a person was living check to check (which most of us are) going on unemp @ half salary you'll be luck if your not living on the streets. Also a job making 7 an hour you'll will have to live with family because you won't be able to afford a place to stay unless you rent out a room. What about cable/internet, a cell phone, a car ect... you can't have any of this if your making 7 an hour you might actually make more just being on welfare....

lmao those are luxuries it's good to know you think you are entitled to those things. News flash: People work 40+ hours a week without owning any of those.

[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-18 17:07:21
Link | Citer | R

No, you're spot on Karbuncle. It's difficult to find a job unless one possesses specific and highly desirable skillsets. The people who are claiming it's easy to find a good job are completely out of touch with reality, or their current life experience or living situation insulates them from reality.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2010-11-18 17:08:09
Link | Citer | R

If you having job problems I feel bad for you son,
I've got 99 weeks and I haven't worked one!
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-18 17:08:53
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Pawnskipper said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Pawnskipper said:
Asura.Olue said:
Yeah it sucks. They'll just have to take a less respectable job until their field of expertise opens up again. A lot of Americans have this entitlement attitude that they need to drop. I support some amount of a social safety net but this attitude where people are too good to work underemployed needs to stop. Unemployment benefits going for 99 weeks seems more like a safety trampoline to me.
Agreed. If you cant find a job and Wendy's is hiring, you damn sure better be flipping burgers. It sucks, but its money.
although i can see your point.. the problem with that is, most of these people were making $20+ hr. wages, and even with unemployment benefits they are still getting most of that + healthcare. the problem with working fast food is, that you are not making even close to what you would with your main job or unemployment, the avg. food service worker makes $7 an hr. that is not enough to make ends meet if you are trying to support a wife and kids its almost not even worth it to work those kinda jobs...

I agree. But whats better? No check, living on the streets....or a $300 check living on the streets. I know thats a little extreme. But when it boils down to it, when the checks stop coming from uncle sam, any money helps.
If nothing else the experience and the ability to show future would-be employers that you are responsible enough to hold down and keep a job, helps.

Fyi in the real world a job at Micky D's flipping burgers does more bad than good if your looking for a real Job out side of fast food or retain. Imagine going for a job in IT and you put you been flipping burgers at micky d's for the past year lol your resume is going in the garbage.
I worked a factory job and at a dairy queen that my aunt owned at the same time before I got my....oh what will you have it an IT job.
They don't give a ***about where you work, just how much you know and how much you are willing to learn 99% of the time.
Depending on the task at hand being certified in a few things might help...but where you worked last year during this bad economy doesn't have much to do with the decision-making unless you just don't fit the qualifications of the job you are applying for :/

That all depends on the Human Resources department, and quite frankly a lot of them probably do care, unfortunately.
How would you know.

I've helped do HR, and several people I know do HR, it depends on the HR person, some take it as somebody who's dedicated to their responsibilities and will do what they need to do, instead of those who just wait for the job to open up. Others will take it the other way, and quite frankly most people would take working a ***job the other way, from what I've witnesses, could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong, but that's just how I see it is.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-18 17:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
jayallday2012 said:

Taking advantage of this system is easy. I was unemployed and drew normal benefits for 6 months, then I moved and used a clause which extends benefits for ex-military who are forced to relocate due to an Honorable Discharge with orders written to return to NYS. Just as that extension was about to run out I applied for college and reapplied for unemployment as an enrolled student and basically restart my timer and as I am a student I am not even required to actively seek work anymore. Then that actually ran out and good ole Obama extended my benefits even further. On top of that I get money from the GI Bill now.

Why the hell would I even apply for a job that I know I am going to make 500-800 bucks less a month than what I make on unemployment, that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Your life *** rules.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-18 17:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
jayallday2012 said:
It's not hard to get a job in the U.S. I don't know about everywhere else. There are so many ways to make money. Unemployed? or just lazy and don't want to work is the question? There are staffing companies online all over the world. They place you in a job.. and you can disagree if you want. I do not feel bad for the unemployed. You will never make it if you don't even try. Get up, get out and get something! I think they should drug test people on welfare as well getting this free money. It makes me sick.. I'm not sure if thats relevant to this topic or if what I said was relevant at all to the topic but that's just my state of mind.
I beg to differ. Jobs are far from easy to come by in virtually every field lately, save maybe for extremely high-demand tech jobs. To those now unemployed, the reason they sit on their duffs is because of the fact that they're still receiving more money than an individual that works a minimum wage job, via benefits etc. (Which has been mentioned numerous times in here already.) In some cases you could say people are lazy, but for the most part its just people taking advantage of a completely broken system. I for instance was laid off from my previous employer, unable to find work, I moved shortly after and continued to job hunt for nearly 4 months. I wouldn't necessarily call that lazy. The fact I was denied unemployment benefits only fueled the need to find something quickly. To anyone from the outside looking in, they would almost immediately assume that I am lazy. Theres just some times where you can't find a job. Plain and simple.
Taking advantage of this system is easy. I was unemployed and drew normal benefits for 6 months, then I moved and used a clause which extends benefits for ex-military who are forced to relocate due to an Honorable Discharge with orders written to return to NYS. Just as that extension was about to run out I applied for college and reapplied for unemployment as an enrolled student and basically restart my timer and as I am a student I am not even required to actively seek work anymore. Then that actually ran out and good ole Obama extended my benefits even further. On top of that I get money from the GI Bill now. Why the hell would I even apply for a job that I know I am going to make 500-800 bucks less a month than what I make on unemployment, that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Well then a hearty *** you. You obviously didn't deserve an honorable discharge because your conduct certainly isn't honorable. Please don't ever mention being a soldier again; you insult the few people who actually do work hard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-18 17:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:

lmao those are luxuries it's good to know you think you are entitled to those things. News flash: People work 40+ hours a week without owning any of those.

Far and few between, in most areas all of those are necessities in this world.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-18 17:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Do you have any evidence of that? I don't think you can prove that unemployment encourages people to stay unemployeed. Let me know.

there are thousands of people who do this but I'll give you 1 example that I know of first hand.

Lady at work: Her nephew in his early 20s. Loses his job. Applies for unemployment. Lives at home with his parents, has no financial responsibilities. He is currently in Europe, his unemployment checks get mailed to him and he has his mother either send them to him or cash/deposit them for him. He uses this money to do whatever he wants while on a vacation in Europe.

Does he really need this money? Is he trying to get a job? Wtf would he look for a job? In his mind he is getting free money so he says *** it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13