Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bad news for the unemployed
Bad news for the unemployed
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-19 15:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Most of the members in my family have been in the military and will openly say they are proud to have enlisted. I would like to give a big *** YOU to Lil, not for abusing these "extended" benefits but because you seem so eager and proud to (help) *** our country in the *** while we are already down. I respect all vets and service men and women but it makes me so Ill to hear someone speak like that. You have no integrity sir.
Im just playing devils advocate here, so dont take it personally. But..... You say that like you served also. At least he did something for his country. Maybe he did it with himself in mind (isnt that what most people do?), but at least he served his country. What have you done for your country lately?
What have YOU done for your country lately?

Im actually a contractor for the DOD. I support the troops directly as I work with them on a daily basis. Any other questions?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-19 15:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Most of the members in my family have been in the military and will openly say they are proud to have enlisted. I would like to give a big *** YOU to Lil, not for abusing these "extended" benefits but because you seem so eager and proud to (help) *** our country in the *** while we are already down. I respect all vets and service men and women but it makes me so Ill to hear someone speak like that. You have no integrity sir.
Im just playing devils advocate here, so dont take it personally. But..... You say that like you served also. At least he did something for his country. Maybe he did it with himself in mind (isnt that what most people do?), but at least he served his country. What have you done for your country lately?

Im actually a contractor for the DOD. I support the troops directly as I work with them on a daily basis. Any other questions?

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

How do you support them?
What do you do?
Being a contractor could mean just about anything.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 15:29:15
Link | Citer | R

By Pawnskipper 2010-11-19 15:31:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
How do you support them? What do you do?

I can see where you are going with this. But because my work is cleared (meaning securtiy clearance) I cannot disclose that info. Any other questions?
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-11-19 15:33:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

Im just playing devils advocate here, so dont take it personally. But.....
You say that like you served also. At least he did something for his country. Maybe he did it with himself in mind (isnt that what most people do?), but at least he served his country. What have you done for your country lately?
Talked ***about Obama his blackness

Hey guess what Dumb *** I am diabetic and can't join the military to SERVE my country or else I would be. Also, I do serve my country by going to my job everyday (nurse), paying my taxes for all of you *** who (choose) not to work and volunteering when I have the opportunity at a juvenile diabetes camp. Yes I'm irritated, yes I'm mad about this topic because it's a big issue for America, and *** you if you feel the need to (play devil's advocate.)

Inb4 You mad bro?

Because it's obvious that I am
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
How do you support them? What do you do?

I can see where you are going with this. But because my work is cleared (meaning securtiy clearance) I cannot disclose that info. Any other questions?
I don't really think I'd be able to ask much more since you threw the whole security clearance deal out. :/
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 15:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

You say that like you served also. At least he did something for his country. Maybe he did it with himself in mind (isnt that what most people do?), but at least he served his country. What have you done for your country lately?

Hey guess what Dumb *** I am diabetic and can't join the military to SERVE my country or else I would be. Also, I do serve my country by going to my job everyday (nurse), paying my taxes for all of you *** who (choose) not to work and volunteering when I have the opportunity at a juvenile diabetes camp. Yes I'm irritated, yes I'm mad about this topic because it's a big issue for America, and *** you if you feel the need to (play devil's advocate.)

Inb4 You mad bro?

Chill on the rage-ahol son
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-19 15:38:09
Link | Citer | R

@ Vinvv last post

Yeah, try explaining what you do to your gf while keeping it legal. lol. Its not easy.
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2010-11-19 15:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

Inb4 You mad bro?

I am not your "son" (bro)
and do I really need to go through things you have posted to prove that you rage too? ... please shut up you twit.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Yeah, try explaining what you do to your gf while keeping it legal. lol. Its not easy.
YOU ARE A WEED CONTRACTOR FOR THE GOVERNMENT!
I KNEW IT!
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-11-19 15:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 15:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

Inb4 You mad bro?

I am not your "son" (bro)
and do I really need to go through things you have posted to prove that you rage too? ... please shut up you twit.
Yo son, when did I claim not to rage? When you see me rage, feel free to come and tell me to chill on the rage-ahol. In the mean time, chill on the rage-ahol
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 15:48:03
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Hey guess what Dumb *** I am diabetic and can't join the military to SERVE my country or else I would be. Also, I do serve my country by going to my job everyday (nurse), paying my taxes for all of you *** who (choose) not to work and volunteering when I have the opportunity at a juvenile diabetes camp. Yes I'm irritated, yes I'm mad about this topic because it's a big issue for America, and *** you if you feel the need to (play devil's advocate.) Inb4 You mad bro? Because it's obvious that I am
I am not your "son" (bro) and do I really need to go through things you have posted to prove that you rage too? ... please shut up you twit.

You obey the law >.> That's not really serving your country, that's obeying the law. Do you want a medal for it?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:50:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
You obey the law >.> That's not really serving your country, that's obeying the law. Do you want a medal for it?
Doing volunteer work and helping fellow man within your country is still considered to be "serving your country".
being a nurse is applicable to that.
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-19 15:51:05
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Hey guess what Dumb *** I am diabetic and can't join the military to SERVE my country or else I would be. Also, I do serve my country by going to my job everyday (nurse), paying my taxes for all of you *** who (choose) not to work and volunteering when I have the opportunity at a juvenile diabetes camp. Yes I'm irritated, yes I'm mad about this topic because it's a big issue for America, and *** you if you feel the need to (play devil's advocate.) Inb4 You mad bro? Because it's obvious that I am
I am not your "son" (bro) and do I really need to go through things you have posted to prove that you rage too? ... please shut up you twit.

Not mad. But you seem to obviously be. please dont get too made. But im sorry to hear of your disabilities and Im sorry that you cannot get into the service. I do truely apologize. But dont give ***to someone who served, and used what is available to them because you think he is leeching. If anyone deserves the uneployement its the war fighters when coming back and cannot get a job. And they may have not let you in the military cause you use the word *** alot in your paragraphs.

In after you mad bro.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 15:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Unless the life you save goes on a mass murder spree sometime in the future!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:53:54
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
Diabolos.Mmbacon said:

Not mad. But you seem to obviously be. please dont get too made. But im sorry to hear of your disabilities and Im sorry that you cannot get into the service. I do truely apologize. But dont give ***to someone who served, and used what is available to them because you think he is leeching. If anyone deserves the uneployement its the war fighters when coming back and cannot get a job. And they may have not let you in the military cause you use the word *** alot in your paragraphs.

In after you mad bro.
unless you're in the navy and don't go near any of that :P
By Pawnskipper 2010-11-19 15:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pawnskipper said:
YOU ARE A WEED CONTRACTOR FOR THE GOVERNMENT! I KNEW IT!

hehe. Who told you!!!!
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-19 15:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Doing volunteer work and helping fellow man within your country is still considered to be "serving your country". being a nurse is applicable to that.

I guess I don't consider diabetes camp as public service.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 15:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

We should start letting people die more so there are less chances of mass-murderers!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-19 15:55:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

We should start letting people die more so there are less chances of mass-murderers!
qft
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-19 16:10:22
Link | Citer | R

What is this garbage? If you're not in the military you're not serving your country?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 16:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
What is this garbage? If you're not in the military you're not serving your country?
that's how some make it seem pretty much.
 Asura.Emoneaone
Serveur: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-19 16:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Doing volunteer work and helping fellow man within your country is still considered to be "serving your country".
Personally, I'd see nursing as serving your community. When I think of serving the country, I envision something involved on a larger scale, above and beyond state or local level service.

Certainly do agree, though, that one can serve the community, state, or country in other than a military capacity. Medical, police, fire, even the (shudder) bureaucrat!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 16:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Personally, I'd see nursing as serving your community. When I think of serving the country, I envision something involved on a larger scale, above and beyond state or local level service.

Certainly do agree, though, that one can serve the community, state, or country in other than a military capacity. Medical, police, fire, even the (shudder) bureaucrat!
Is the community not part of the country?
I can get what you are saying to a certain extent....and I'd agree that a federal service would be considered to be "serving your country" a bit more than let's say working in a small hospital.
But I don't really think it makes one better than the other in contribution :/
 Asura.Emoneaone
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-19 17:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:

Part, yes, as in subset. Picky semantics on both our parts!.

But would you describe someone in the military or National Security Agency as serving their community or their country? I'd call a dog catcher (Animal Control Officer) a local public servant, not a national one.

And I didn't say or mean to imply that one is "Better." Just a different level. Probably more personally interactive to serve one's community than one's nation.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-19 17:04:21
Link | Citer | R

The military are only cast as serving their country because the entirety of their collective efforts are broad though? You do a service to your country by being a teacher, educating people. You're only educating one classroom in one city in one state, but there are teachers all over the country doing it too.

To imply the military are special because they go out and fight is moot too. Most Americans are willing to die to protect the quality of life we have now. They're just not fit to go out and fight wars, or they don't feel the middle east was really a national security interest.

There are a lot of ways to serve your country, you don't need a gun to do it ._. This topic is insulting to those who, for example, became a teacher for the greater (collective) benefit of our nation.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 17:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:

Part, yes, as in subset. Picky semantics on both our parts!.

But would you describe someone in the military or National Security Agency as serving their community or their country? I'd call a dog catcher (Animal Control Officer) a local public servant, not a national one.

And I didn't say or mean to imply that one is "Better." Just a different level. Probably more personally interactive to serve one's community than one's nation.
oh...I didn't mean that you were implying it...more that previous posters were.
 Asura.Emoneaone
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-19 17:09:25
Link | Citer | R

Luz said:
The military are only cast as serving their country because the entirety of their collective efforts are broad though? You do a service to your country by being a teacher, educating people. You're only educating one classroom in one city in one state, but there are teachers all over the country doing it too.

To imply the military are special because they go out and fight is moot too. Most Americans are willing to die to protect the quality of life we have now. They're just not fit to go out and fight wars, or they don't feel the middle east was really a national security interest.

There are a lot of ways to serve your country, you don't need a gun to do it ._. This topic is insulting to those who, for example, became a teacher for the greater (collective) benefit of our nation.

Agreed. Those at the NSA don't use a gun to serve their country. They generally use computers!

I just see things as scale. Your teacher serves the local community, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole. Your Highway Patrol serves the state, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13