Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 17:16:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said:
Luz said:
The military are only cast as serving their country because the entirety of their collective efforts are broad though? You do a service to your country by being a teacher, educating people. You're only educating one classroom in one city in one state, but there are teachers all over the country doing it too.

To imply the military are special because they go out and fight is moot too. Most Americans are willing to die to protect the quality of life we have now. They're just not fit to go out and fight wars, or they don't feel the middle east was really a national security interest.

There are a lot of ways to serve your country, you don't need a gun to do it ._. This topic is insulting to those who, for example, became a teacher for the greater (collective) benefit of our nation.

Agreed. Those at the NSA don't use a gun to serve their country. They generally use computers!

I just see things as scale. Your teacher serves the local community, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole. Your Highway Patrol serves the state, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole.
Unless he's a ***.
 Asura.Emoneaone
Serveur: Asura
user: Oldsarge
By Asura.Emoneaone 2010-11-19 17:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:

I just see things as scale. Your teacher serves the local community, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole. Your Highway Patrol serves the state, indirectly benefiting the nation as a whole.
Unless he's a ***.
LMAO!!!! Even a *** can serve. You just might not like how you're being served or what he's serving you!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-19 17:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emoneaone said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Asura.Emoneaone said:

Unless he's a ***.
LMAO!!!! Even a *** can serve. You just might not like how you're being served or what he's serving you!
I guess I was a bit vague for ***.
I got pat down put into the back of a cruiser once because they thought we had drugs in our car, they didn't have any reasonable suspicion past the fact that I was messed up.
I had got my wisdom teeth taken out so I was rolling on the vicodin train.
Honestly I didn't have a problem with it past the fact that they were hindering me getting my pizza on with some ladies.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2010-11-19 19:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

Excelior is right. It may not be against the law, but its a *** scum thing to do. And the mentality they have is part of the reason the economy is failing, "Im going to take everything i can because im a greedy, lazy ***"

at least your post inst an attack on a person via their military career. however the law is written for someone to do exactly like lil did. so attack the law not the person who uses it as intended. the law is there to provide income for people who are unemployed or underemployed. now some (if not most) choose to use the benefit until they can find something that pays more than unemployment.

also it is the law itself that extends its benefit to people that are in school (and doesnt make them even look for work). the assumption is that they will be able to become bigger producers in the economy if they have an education or a trade.

also the government extended unemployment for everyone. if it is screwing us so bad to collect unemployment then why extend it? obviously the government wants people to have income and be spending money and are willing to pay for that.

not only does the unemployment system allow you to go to school they encourage you by taking away the requirement of even looking for a job. that is the way the law is written. to encourage someone to NOT look for work while in school. if you would rather turn down a scholarship to go to school and rough it by working and taking classes then go ahead, but i wouldnt. if you dont like that it is a scholarship then take to your lawmakers.

you want to be mad? go ahead be mad, but be mad at the lawmakers not the person that is doing exactly what they lawmakers intended.

unemployment is actually called unemployment insurance. all employers have to pay for insurance for their employees. so all lil is doing is collecting the insurance. so if you think it is so wrong, then next time you get in a car accident go ahead and pay for all the repairs yourself so you dont screw over the insurance company. or if you need medical work done go ahead and pay for that out of pocket so that you dont have to burden that insurance company (or the government) either.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2010-11-19 19:32:27
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Most of the members in my family have been in the military and will openly say they are proud to have enlisted. I would like to give a big *** YOU to Lil, not for abusing these "extended" benefits but because you seem so eager and proud to (help) *** our country in the *** while we are already down. I respect all vets and service men and women but it makes me so Ill to hear someone speak like that. You have no integrity sir.

what exactly do you think lil is doing with all that money? ill bet spending quite a bit of it. which does a couple things. it creates jobs. also now lil isnt on the job market so now you have reduced the gridlock for someone else to get a job. also lil is studying to do something more productive than be a burger flipper. not that fast food isnt important, but having an education will likely increase our GNP in the long run.

its the laws that are the problem not the people who use them as intended.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-19 19:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:

Excelior is right. It may not be against the law, but its a *** scum thing to do. And the mentality they have is part of the reason the economy is failing, "Im going to take everything i can because im a greedy, lazy ***"

at least your post inst an attack on a person via their military career. however the law is written for someone to do exactly like lil did. so attack the law not the person who uses it as intended. the law is there to provide income for people who are unemployed or underemployed. now some (if not most) choose to use the benefit until they can find something that pays more than unemployment.

also it is the law itself that extends its benefit to people that are in school (and doesnt make them even look for work). the assumption is that they will be able to become bigger producers in the economy if they have an education or a trade.

also the government extended unemployment for everyone. if it is screwing us so bad to collect unemployment then why extend it? obviously the government wants people to have income and be spending money and are willing to pay for that.

not only does the unemployment system allow you to go to school they encourage you by taking away the requirement of even looking for a job. that is the way the law is written. to encourage someone to NOT look for work while in school. if you would rather turn down a scholarship to go to school and rough it by working and taking classes then go ahead, but i wouldnt. if you dont like that it is a scholarship then take to your lawmakers.

you want to be mad? go ahead be mad, but be mad at the lawmakers not the person that is doing exactly what they lawmakers intended.

unemployment is actually called unemployment insurance. all employers have to pay for insurance for their employees. so all lil is doing is collecting the insurance. so if you think it is so wrong, then next time you get in a car accident go ahead and pay for all the repairs yourself so you dont screw over the insurance company. or if you need medical work done go ahead and pay for that out of pocket so that you dont have to burden that insurance company (or the government) either.

Are you serious?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-11-19 19:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Titan.Lillica said:
I was unemployed and drew normal benefits for 6 months, then I moved and used a clause which extends benefits for ex-military who are forced to relocate due to an Honorable Discharge with orders written to return to NYS. Just as that extension was about to run out I applied for college and reapplied for unemployment as an enrolled student and basically restart my timer and as I am a student I am not even required to actively seek work anymore. Then that actually ran out and good ole Obama extended my benefits even further. On top of that I get money from the GI Bill now. Why the hell would I even apply for a job that I know I am going to make 500-800 bucks less a month than what I make on unemployment, that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Well then a hearty *** you. You obviously didn't deserve an honorable discharge because your conduct certainly isn't honorable. Please don't ever mention being a soldier again; you insult the few people who actually do work hard.
I hope with your high handedness that you actually laid down your life for a cause bigger than yourself. I hope you actually were in the military. if you wernt then i have a news flash for you. he DID work hard. even a lazy person in the military does things that people that havnt served never have to do. 4+ years of 40-60 hour weeks while not deployed and then every hour of every day while deployed. his honor is in serving his country and giving 4+ years of his life up for something bigger than himself.

The men and women in our military do make extraordinary sacrifices. That does not exempt them from the laws of our country,the very ones they acted so honorably to protect. Why break them then? I think it is fairly clear that if you are willing to be dishonorable to your own country then you clearly didn't join the military to bring honor to it. You joined the military for your own personal benefit, which is perfectly acceptable. However, forgive me if I don't respect you.

no where did lilica break a law.

1) lil was unemployed (just like everyone else)
2) lil was forced to move for the military so in order to make sure there was no undue hardship due to following orders there was an extension granted to unemployment
3) lil probably did something in the military that doesnt exactly transfer to a skill that could get a job and so needed training on something that could actually be useful as a civilian.
4) the president decided to extend EVERYONES unemployment.

the only thing lil should have done differently was explain the situation better.

if you want to go join the army, ship off to iraq, get shot at, dont see your family for a year or more including all the holidays, dont see your significant other for a year (probably break up or get divorced for it), come back to find the economy bad and no job and no skills that transfer and then have someone talk crap about what you went through, because you are getting the same benefits as everyone else thats trying to make it, then maybe ill respect your opinion. until then you are uninformed and disrespectful. if you had real respect for the military you should go join it.

IF you are keeping track, points 1, 3 & 4 are available to everyone. so by your logic everyone on unemployment dishonors their country. the only difference between ex military and everyone else in the country that gets unemployment is that ex military were willing to risk their very lives for their previous employer and sometimes did exactly that.

Did you even read what he wrote?
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2010-11-19 20:25:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Cerberus.Pukushu said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Titan.Lillica said:
I was unemployed and drew normal benefits for 6 months, then I moved and used a clause which extends benefits for ex-military who are forced to relocate due to an Honorable Discharge with orders written to return to NYS. Just as that extension was about to run out I applied for college and reapplied for unemployment as an enrolled student and basically restart my timer and as I am a student I am not even required to actively seek work anymore. Then that actually ran out and good ole Obama extended my benefits even further. On top of that I get money from the GI Bill now. Why the hell would I even apply for a job that I know I am going to make 500-800 bucks less a month than what I make on unemployment, that would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
Well then a hearty *** you. You obviously didn't deserve an honorable discharge because your conduct certainly isn't honorable. Please don't ever mention being a soldier again; you insult the few people who actually do work hard.
I hope with your high handedness that you actually laid down your life for a cause bigger than yourself. I hope you actually were in the military. if you wernt then i have a news flash for you. he DID work hard. even a lazy person in the military does things that people that havnt served never have to do. 4+ years of 40-60 hour weeks while not deployed and then every hour of every day while deployed. his honor is in serving his country and giving 4+ years of his life up for something bigger than himself.
The men and women in our military do make extraordinary sacrifices. That does not exempt them from the laws of our country,the very ones they acted so honorably to protect. Why break them then? I think it is fairly clear that if you are willing to be dishonorable to your own country then you clearly didn't join the military to bring honor to it. You joined the military for your own personal benefit, which is perfectly acceptable. However, forgive me if I don't respect you.
no where did lilica break a law. 1) lil was unemployed (just like everyone else) 2) lil was forced to move for the military so in order to make sure there was no undue hardship due to following orders there was an extension granted to unemployment 3) lil probably did something in the military that doesnt exactly transfer to a skill that could get a job and so needed training on something that could actually be useful as a civilian. 4) the president decided to extend EVERYONES unemployment. the only thing lil should have done differently was explain the situation better. if you want to go join the army, ship off to iraq, get shot at, dont see your family for a year or more including all the holidays, dont see your significant other for a year (probably break up or get divorced for it), come back to find the economy bad and no job and no skills that transfer and then have someone talk crap about what you went through, because you are getting the same benefits as everyone else thats trying to make it, then maybe ill respect your opinion. until then you are uninformed and disrespectful. if you had real respect for the military you should go join it. IF you are keeping track, points 1, 3 & 4 are available to everyone. so by your logic everyone on unemployment dishonors their country. the only difference between ex military and everyone else in the country that gets unemployment is that ex military were willing to risk their very lives for their previous employer and sometimes did exactly that.
Did you even read what he wrote?

First off thank you for your service to our country. Now shame on you for begging for a hand out because of it. Im supose to continue to pay for you to sit on your *** untill you can draw a VA check because you served in the military? This is a slap in the face to everyone who still has a job or who has been forced to seek lower pay employment...i know alot of people who got laided off from where I work in the past year, the older people are taking advantage of this saying well ill draw unemployment then just jump on social security when unemployment runs out. Unemployment and welfer can be good things if its monitered more closelly, stop giving a mother 5 yr's of sit at home money just for popping out a baby unless they gonna get off there *** and prove they looking for a job. (bye prove I mean have someone call to check if such and such really did turn in a app)

A friend of mine recentally took advantage of this as well, he got laid off from a job where he maid $15 a hr. Had a chance to return to his job 3 months later and turned it down because he could sit on his *** thanks to Obama for far longer then he should have been able too, he is just now returning to work not because a job came open or because his unemployment was running out, he returned to work because his wife's mother passed and he now had to help pay for a funneral. People every where are taking full advantage of this and people who still have a job and could bearlly afford to support there famillys have to suffer for lazyness of others.

Also i seen where someone said earllyer in this form that fast food job looks bad on a resume, if your gonna come up with a lame excusse for why your too lazy to get off your *** and work for a living (even if its not what your use to) then please do a better job. You wanna know what a short span of working in fast food tells a employer? It says "this person is not afraid to get down and dirty if needed". The job i have now allows me to sit on my *** and play ffxi from work most the time, the boss has come in and asked what game im playing even. I work 12 hr shifts 3 days a week playing ffxi 8 of those 12 hrs, i landed this comfy desk style job not because i had the most experiance, i landed it because out of the 5 people who applyed for it 6 years ago when i applyed i was the only one who accully worked in the past (metal building work, meat market work, and grocery work from my past). When i was hired i was told "we chose you over the others because your work history shows your not scared to do hard work if needed".

P.S: to the dude who says he was military, I have a friend who served his time came home was in your shoes couldnt find work, he went to school got his degree couldnt find work. He is currentlly in Germany with the millity waiting for the econmy to get strightend out this is a solider this is someone i respect. Being a solider is a quick way to earn respect but as a solider you should always remember respect can be lost just as fast as it was earned.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-20 16:03:09
Link | Citer | R

My favorite part about this thread is all the neg reps i get even though not a single person quotes what i wrote to try and have an intelligent conversation or debate about how I am wrong cause they know they would be schooled.

Why try and argue with me when you can take the lazy way out and neg anonymously, lol. I shouldn't be shocked, it's really the same approach as why should people try to find work when they can be lazy and leech of of the system?

Unemployment, welfare, food stamps should be the last line of defense.. instead you people see it as free opportunities and are *** up our Country just like the people who because they got upside down on their house thought it would be "easier" to claim bankruptcy and walk away from their obligations.

Lazy leeches draining my Country dry, I said it before.. eventually us hard working citizens who pay a majority of the taxes will get sick of picking up the slack for you. Instead of working hard as early as you could from the bottom to the top you chose to gain zero experience and hold unemployment checks in your hands, don't get mad at me when all the opportunities you could have once had slip through those hands of yours and you're only left with your *** in your hands.

gg though, it might be working out for you guys now tell me im mad.. we'll see who's mad when i'm sitting on top of my 401k looking down on you all laughing at the ones hoping for social security checks

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-20 16:04:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently unemployed and I still agree and feel bad about being a lazy *** on benefits. I don't know how anyone could live like this long term, because I'm just about flipping the ***out.
 Phoenix.Darkdestroyer
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkdestroyer 2010-11-20 18:33:50
Link | Citer | R

OMG I got a idea!!!! Lets start unemployment in ffxi. Checks go out in the forum of abyssea partys. If you have a job that is not as useful as it once was (Example: pld) then SE should gureentee you 99 days of free abyssea leech, you can join a abyssea pt and cant be kicked out for sitting on your *** doing nothing while 17 others get you exp sounds great right?

They will not say it of course but i can bet the very one's saying Leeching unemployment is OK are like "Hell no" to abyssea leech.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-22 22:33:04
Link | Citer | R

Pawnskipper said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Do you have any evidence of that? I don't think you can prove that unemployment encourages people to stay unemployeed. Let me know.
there are thousands of people who do this but I'll give you 1 example that I know of first hand. Lady at work: Her nephew in his early 20s. Loses his job. Applies for unemployment. Lives at home with his parents, has no financial responsibilities. He is currently in Europe, his unemployment checks get mailed to him and he has his mother either send them to him or cash/deposit them for him. He uses this money to do whatever he wants while on a vacation in Europe. Does he really need this money? Is he trying to get a job? Wtf would he look for a job? In his mind he is getting free money so he says *** it.
You're missing the point. Does thousands constitute a majority of those on unemployment? That's like saying that *** are lazy because there happens to be 10 unemployeed in brooklyn.

I dont know if you just worded that incorrectly. I think what you ment to say was:

"That's like saying that BLACK PEOPLE are lazy because there happens to be 10 unemployeed in brooklyn."

I hope you did. But if not. you my friend have just proven to me that you are an ignorant racist. Dont ever use the word "***" to descride Americans of african decent again. *** schmuck.

what you read: "content"

what you should have been reading "intent"

just because somebody wants to use slang doesn't make them a racist
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-22 22:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
/rage

chill the *** out
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-03 19:56:26
Link | Citer | R

as a recently ex-military net nerd who hasn't managed to get a job in LOL BALTIMORE, this lack of a "payday" really really really sucks......
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-12-04 16:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Unemployment extension didnt pass. 99weeks is up at the end of November for a lot of people.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- A bill to extend federally-funded benefits for long-term jobless workers failed to pass in the House of Representatives Thursday. To pass the House, the bill needed to capture two-thirds of the votes -- 258 lawmakers voted in favor of the extension, while 154 voting against it. The bill would have extended special federal unemployment insurance benefits through February, calling for $12.5 billion in emergency spending. Without an extension, long-term jobless workers will start losing benefits in coming weeks, with about two million cut off by the end of the year.
Look with all the extensions they can get, its like 92 weeks of free money. That almost 2 years of doing nothing. I have a friend on it and he told me its like a vacation. Look, we cant keep on having this type of attitude "the government will take care of me"

What ever happened to taking care of ourselves? Before food stamps, didnt we have communities that you know, run food drives and Food shelters? America is the most generous country in the world but yet we still look to the government to fix our problems. WE cant have the "woe is me" attitude if we wanna go back to being the powerhouse we once were. Now we are looking to china to bail us out. Be weary, that money might be full of lead (reference to all the toy recalls made from china)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 16:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Baroma said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Unemployment extension didnt pass. 99weeks is up at the end of November for a lot of people.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- A bill to extend federally-funded benefits for long-term jobless workers failed to pass in the House of Representatives Thursday. To pass the House, the bill needed to capture two-thirds of the votes -- 258 lawmakers voted in favor of the extension, while 154 voting against it. The bill would have extended special federal unemployment insurance benefits through February, calling for $12.5 billion in emergency spending. Without an extension, long-term jobless workers will start losing benefits in coming weeks, with about two million cut off by the end of the year.
Look with all the extensions they can get, its like 92 weeks of free money. That almost 2 years of doing nothing. I have a friend on it and he told me its like a vacation. Look, we cant keep on having this type of attitude "the government will take care of me"

What ever happened to taking care of ourselves? Before food stamps, didnt we have communities that you know, run food drives and Food shelters? America is the most generous country in the world but yet we still look to the government to fix our problems. WE cant have the "woe is me" attitude if we wanna go back to being the powerhouse we once were. Now we are looking to china to bail us out. Be weary, that money might be full of lead (reference to all the toy recalls made from china)
Wah wah wah pundit-like claims of the future as usual ^

Cut unemployment and keep top 1% tax cuts hell yeah!
someones gotta get that money that would have been taken in as taxes if it weren't for the "tax cuts", but removing a tax cut for some magical reason is taken the same way as a "tax increase" when a temporary "tax cut" has the word "temporary" there for a reason.
i agree with doing something about unemployment, don't get me wrong.
but i just don't understand such conflicting concepts between two different but similar(in regards to $ signs) can be so different.
wishy washy feelings come from that concept.
not saying that's your opinion in regards to tax cuts, but i'm about damn sure it is.
correct me if i'm wrong.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-12-04 16:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
we cant keep on having this type of attitude "the government will take care of me"

This.

It also doesn't help that some people think 'Why should I find a job when I get more on my unemployment check then I would if I worked'.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-04 16:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
we cant keep on having this type of attitude "the government will take care of me"

I would *** love if the gov't ACTUALLY took care of me..I'm now unemployed cuz the restaurant I worked at, closed down....I would love a break.. I'm a disabled Army Veteran and its hard as ***for me to make ends meet in comparison to others...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 16:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Quote:

I would *** love if the gov't ACTUALLY took care of me..I'm now unemployed cuz the restaurant I worked at, closed down....I would love a break.. I'm a disabled Army Veteran and its hard as ***for me to make ends meet in comparison to others...
All you gotta do is smoke a ***ton of weed in front of a police office in a non-legal/decriminalized state and the government will take care of you for a long time.
 Valefor.Endlesspath
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-12-04 16:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

Too bad so sad - time to work for a living, even if it is 2x minimum wage crappy "no way this is a career" jobs' back to back. When I was on unemployment (2x times), 6 months (26 weeks) was the limit - period. I had the ego at the time I deserved a higher paycheck more worthy of my "skills"; when unemployment benefits ran out, it was time for a reality check. I found 2x crap minimum wage jobs that I worked (16 hours a day), and I did those till I found a better job.

The insurance premium paid by previous employers are limited and aren't everlasting - now these indefinitely unemployed are expecting to leech off of others working for a living?

Time to Man/Woman up.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-04 16:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endlesspath said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Too bad so sad - time to work for a living, even if it is 2x minimum wage crappy "no way this is a career" jobs' back to back. When I was on unemployment (2x times), 6 months (26 weeks) was the limit - period. I had the ego at the time I deserved a higher paycheck more worthy of my "skills"; when unemployment benefits ran out, it was time for a reality check. I found 2x crap minimum wage jobs that I worked (16 hours a day), and I did those till I found a better job.

The insurance premium paid by previous employers are limited and aren't everlasting - now these indefinitely unemployed are expecting to leech off of others working for a living?

Time to Man/Woman up.
I myself wouldn't feel like a man leeching off of the government.
The feeling of supporting yourself is comforting to an extent.
But the awareness of how much it takes to support yourself is quintessential to existing in the upcoming years.
people can be picky if you want but that's definetly not gonna pay bills.
or they can legalize weed and i can take my stab at growing
>.>
<.<
i'm fine with my desk job as it is now.
building up good resume candy.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 01:58:45
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:

This.

It also doesn't help that some people think 'Why should I find a job when I get more on my unemployment check then I would if I worked'.

that's simple logic there, don't blame the person just because it's illogical to take less money and do more work.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-05 03:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Correct me if Im wrong.. US gets 99 weeks for UI and Canadians get 52 ( which is your normal 1 yr for CANADA to get pogey..)

WTF is the US whining about? Go look for a job if your not happy... or go back to school...

99 weeks is better than out 1 yr.. you'd be hurting if you were a canuck!

Holy.....
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 03:06:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Correct me if Im wrong.. US gets 99 weeks for UI and Canadians get 52 ( which is ur normal 1 yr u get pogey?

WTF is the US whining about? Go look for a job if your not happy... or go back to school...

99 weeks is better than out 1 yr.. you'd be hurting if you were a canuck!

Holy.....

you get one year standard? this entire extension was because of the economic situation as a barrier to prevent the problem from worsening and to keep people from losing their homes etc, considering the economy is still shaky and a lot of people are still unemployed dropping it probably wasn't the best idea, my research into the entire subject is lacking to say it was the worst idea though (don't think it is) there are good reasons for both sides of the argument (to keep or get rid of the extension) but as for normal unemployment, we get shafted hardcore in comparison to the rest of the modern world, sad really.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13