To Every Single Person Still Using A Hachiman Doma

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » To every single person still using a Hachiman Doma
To every single person still using a Hachiman Doma
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Cythriell
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Cythriell
By Phoenix.Cythriell 2010-08-07 23:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ashaaman said:
Phoenix.Cythriell said:

Just because I didn't feel like copy/pasting

Edit: If you're putting Usu Body/A Torq/Dusk Gloves +1 etc in your sets... Why not Hachiryu Haidate?

Did you do the STP math correctly?

Even if you repped Adler's with Ecphoria, you're 0.1 TP away from a 5 hit build if you rep out enkidu's for hachiryu in that set.

With those sets you're basically losing pretty much nothing in terms of Acc/haste for 5 hit, but you will have to suffer with losing 6-10 STR on WS for the +20% ws frequencey, you could of course make multiple sets where swapping out acc for STP in the TP set makes sense and then put on full STR.

for example, replacing bullwhip with goading (losing 2% haste) would allow you to replace warwolf, enkidu's and domaru with bobcat, hachiryu and nocturnus. Losing 2% haste for 10 STR and 1% TA for epeen shots, your choice. That would be something like +106 STR with hasso/food ;\
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Rasputtin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: rasputtin
By Quetzalcoatl.Rasputtin 2010-08-07 23:27:51
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for this post. This has been one of my biggest pet peves about 70+ sams.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-08-08 01:03:58
Link | Citer | R

But it's still okay to TP in Saotome Domaru right? Right...?
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-08 01:06:39
Link | Citer | R

dammit i said let this thread die...
[+]
 Odin.Kviton
Serveur: Odin
user: Kviton
By Odin.Kviton 2010-08-08 01:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Daleterrence said:
You know who you are, assuming you know how the shortcut works to start your browser.

I'm going to be honest... If you are still using a Domaru, you are nothing short of an imbecile...

Let's look at alts for a Domaru, shall we?

haubergeon - On Asura = 38K, at most 50K on Ifrit. Solid piece for TPing in, can't go wrong with it. And cheap as hell... Speaking of cheap...

perle hauberk - On Asura = 15K, at most again on Ifrit for 25K. Practically a Domaru +0.5 for WSes, and a Hauby 0.8 for TPing in (Assuming you don't have the full set, I can only assume if you have a Domaru you don't have a Rose Grip, Rajas Ring or Goading Belt to support Full Perle and a 6 hit though), you can't argue with it, it is the best you will get for the price short of buying a single Bonanza Marble and somehow winning with some huge amount of fluke.

In short, it is no longer about price, or difficulty of obtainability, you could do 20 minutes (if not less) of Abyssea and have that body, or you could simply farm a little, 1 and a half stacks of Ladybugs wings (Roughly) is all it would take.

In summary/TL;DR: You look like an idiot wearing a Domaru. NPC it, and move on to something better.

(Sidenote: On most servers Domaru are AHing for cheaper than they NPC for, which is 18K btw)

/rantoff

Edit: Let the ratedown commence btw, it's their game, they pay for it, etc etc.. They can do better for themselves.

I've seen FAAAR worse... Take Miston on Odin for example... FULL AF WAR that wears eva gear and a beak necklace to break this latent on his AXE for a whopping +5 Attack LOL. But yeah.. Haubergeon is the better choice, convincing noobs to wear it is useless.. Just /blist them!

Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-08 01:20:58
Link | Citer | R

haubyNQ <perle <HaubyHQ< Adaman for jobs that can use it

this is for tp'ing

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-08 01:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Unless accuracy/attack are capped, then Perle stomps all over Haubergeon +1 (assuming fSTR uncapped), and even then...
[+]
 Phoenix.Cythriell
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Cythriell
By Phoenix.Cythriell 2010-08-09 20:09:32
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:

this is for tp'ing

Left out so many equips and insight on situational pieces, should do your homework if you're gunna listen to this post.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-09 20:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cythriell said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

this is for tp'ing

Left out so many equips and insight on situational pieces, should do your homework if you're gunna listen to this post.

if your going to revive a dying thread, post something useful, okay
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 20:51:41
Link | Citer | R

He did. Full Perle beats an HQ Haub setup and rivals an Ebody setup unless you have Dusk +1. If you're comparing bodies alone then it's situational and your post really didn't convey that.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-09 20:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
He did. Full Perle beats an HQ Haub setup and rivals an Ebody setup unless you have Dusk +1. If you're comparing bodies alone then it's situational and your post really didn't convey that.

parses? not trying to be a ***, just havent seen any hard evidence, especially if you say it rivals ebody.

For byakko jobs, your saying full perle wins? or was that just for drk?

edit: and no he didnt, just said I forgot to mention the setup along with the body, your post is what he should have said. Considering this whole thread is about a body piece I didnt think my post needed clarification, my bad
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Not for Byakko jobs. You don't even need a parse, just a simple stat comparison.

Ebody/Homam

10STR
10DEX
15 Attack
28 Accuracy
14% Haste

Perle

STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Crit +2%
Haste 14%
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:05:04
Link | Citer | R

just DRK, lolparse

HQ Haub setup is 14 haste 6 STR 6 DEX 12 acc 12 attack

Perle is 14 haste 22 STR 14 DEX 18 acc 25 attack 2% crit

Should be painfully obvious that full Perle wins.

Ebody setup is 14 haste 10 STR 10 DEX 15 acc 15 attack... actually, I still have to give the edge to full Perle if Dusk Gloves +1/Timarli Dastanas aren't involved.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-09 21:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Not for Byakko jobs. You don't even need a parse, just a simple stat comparison.

Ebody/Homam

10STR
10DEX
15 Attack
28 Accuracy
14% Haste

Perle

STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Crit +2%
Haste 14%

ah okay so just eat some pizza, and your all set! nice
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:07:46
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
edit: and no he didnt, just said I forgot to mention the setup along with the body, your post is what he should have said. Considering this whole thread is about a body piece I didnt think my post needed clarification, my bad
Whether it was body alone or as part of a set your post was still a poorly designed blanket statement and his point was valid. Perle Hauberk alone *can* be better than Haub +1.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-09 21:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Whether it was body alone or as part of a set your post was still a poorly designed blanket statement and his point was valid. Perle Hauberk alone *can* be better than Haub +1.

yea should have worded it different, I guess. I can see how perle body is on the same plane as haubyHQ and sometimes better. too bad sam isnt a dot job, whats its split 30/70?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:16:09
Link | Citer | R

Rougly, but I don't see how it's relevant, if you can increase the damage of that 30% then why not
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-09 21:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Rougly, but I don't see how it's relevant, if you can increase the damage of that 30% then why not

was just wondering thats all.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Should be a bit less skewed to WS now that Hagun has been replaced but it still favors WS by a decent margin.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-09 21:22:41
Link | Citer | R

I will never understand why SAM's generally don't understand the value of haste gear :x See so many Usu Body + Feet for no reason... could go Usu body/Fuma Feet gain a haste and keep your 6hit (unless going for 5hit)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:24:20
Link | Citer | R

You know, it was just the other day a Full Usu SAM made a "I'm just losing 3 haste, not a big deal" comment to me.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-09 21:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Bro Usu feet look so cool they must be better amiright
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Fuma look cooler :<
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, but dat Usu body... my favorite melee body in the game. Looks so nice.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:30:13
Link | Citer | R

I know, makes it hurt all the more when it doesn't drop
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:31:32
Link | Citer | R

:<

We were spamming the hell out of turtle for a while there, but stopped recently... actually, we basically stopped doing Salvage altogether. /rage
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-09 21:33:51
Link | Citer | R

We were doing that too, but then another group in the LS got two bodies back to back and killed morale lol
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-09 21:53:22
Link | Citer | R

How about this, Usu Feet/Body SAM using Pole Grip while wearing Ace's Helm & Dusk Gloves +1.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-09 21:54:02
Link | Citer | R

What is sub DRG, Alex?
 Asura.Othirin
Serveur: Asura
user: scapular
By Asura.Othirin 2010-08-09 21:54:33
Link | Citer | R

last time i parsed Perle beat my Osode on WS numbers, trade 2str for 8att and more acc.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7