To Every Single Person Still Using A Hachiman Doma

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » To every single person still using a Hachiman Doma
To every single person still using a Hachiman Doma
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-10 05:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Oshit set. That's about it.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-10 05:52:45
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather keep my TP and not have a 24hr delay lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-10 05:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah, I don't usually swap weapon out, just nice to have for something like chariots/third eye down.
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-10 06:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Interesting piece though.

Very interesting.

Shame it is such a high percentage... if it was a reverse sword strap (in the 2 to 10% range) then it would be really quite useful as it would remove the need to for 1-5 sTP from certain builds which could open some interesting options.
 Lakshmi.Razius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-08-10 07:26:06
Link | Citer | R

Might as well throw in my 2 pence worth, as this has turned into a total set up thread, and i been thinkin of how to update my sam builds of late to encompass the new gear, if n wen i were to obtain.

Current Sam set up for Tp:

Changed from Wally Turban and Hachi hands. Aim to replace the Sting with a White Tathlum so i can use my Pole Grip again for the DA. And yes, full STP merits.

Things like Usu feet, Goading belt, few other items r dream items, so will set my sights under those at this time.

As a Elvaan i tend to has more acc on gear than some people say is needed, but i just prefer to hit and has a few less attack in a swing, than to not hit all all. But thats just me.

Interesting fact: as SAM/WAR at 80. This set up is only 1 haste and 1 attack under a full Perle set while using hasso.

K it dont has quite as much STR, but not like my WS build cant make up for that. And the BH gives me a nice acc boost from the DEX, but again, personal pref for my anti dex elf.

Comments? Suggestions? Mark downs for being old? Hajime.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-10 07:33:39
Link | Citer | R

Walahra Turban, Dusk Gloves and a 5acc ring.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-10 07:39:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said:

As a Elvaan i tend to has more acc on gear than some people say is needed, but i just prefer to hit and has a few less attack in a swing, than to not hit all all. But thats just me.

Interesting fact: as SAM/WAR at 80. This set up is only 1 haste and 1 attack under a full Perle set while using hasso.

K it dont has quite as much STR, but not like my WS build cant make up for that. And the BH gives me a nice acc boost from the DEX, but again, personal pref for my anti dex elf.

Comments? Suggestions? Mark downs for being old? Hajime.

Few notes about these statements.

Unless you're really hurting for accuracy, swapping Haste out (since you're swapping 2% on head alone) for small increments in accuracy is a bad idea.
Secondly, you're 2% under Perle's haste, it's 14% not the listed 13%. That aside, you're 3% under what you could very easily attain. Swap Perle to turban/dusk, use accuracy food/pizza if you need it, though I don't really see how your set is low on accuracy.
Also, yes your set has lower STR than Perle, but contrary to what you said, you can't make up for it on ws assuming you want to keep 6hit. You don't have a true 6 hit so what you can swap out during ws phase is limited.
As for upgrades, aside from what I mentioned above, you're really just missing Usukane. If you get the feet, rajas and brutal will give you true 6-hit so you could swap your ring/neck to better versions, like PCC/Toreadors. Same applies if you got the body, can keep Fuma's and max haste while maintaing 6hit.
As for now, Turban/Dusk go.

[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-10 08:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Turban, Dusk Gloves... I have no idea why you swapped to Perle

Ecp and chiv are ok, depending on what gear you WS in (you could potentially get rid of Chiv and use PCC and maintain a true 6hit)

Rose can't/shouldn't be replaced by White Tath.

Rose + Brutal + Ecp ring is the best 450 Delay SAM 6hit, unless you have Usu body or Goading belt.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-10 08:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:

People in my LS have done this because they don't have decreases movement speed. I don't see the problem of having a macro to swap out of them so you can run.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-10 08:10:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

People in my LS have done this because they don't have decreases movement speed. I don't see the problem of having a macro to swap out of them so you can run.

^

Pretty much every job should have a movement+ or PDT set they can click to easily enough.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-08-10 08:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Fowling earring be good instead of Ethereal for both GKT and Polearm as you don't have Bushi.
 Ifrit.Vextra
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-10 08:25:32
Link | Citer | R

ethereal is free, zoraal isnt that hard of a solo on sam/dnc at 75 either, so whatever...im lazy and just use ethereal and ws in a triumph.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-10 08:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Valefor.Argettio said:

Its been said but a DD should have a idle/ohshi/run faster set which is separate from their TP build, so have to swap gear when they engage so you might as well put dusk in that macro.

Damn laziness imo.

And turban doesn't make you run slow lol.
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
Serveur: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2010-08-10 09:03:30
Link | Citer | R

1. StoreTP has a cap.

2. For YGK, because its a single hit 2hander WS, you don't need to equip for acc for WS with merits and a sea gorget. Equip for str and attack. I tried the "all or nothing str" builds and when I balanced out attack I got higher and more consistant YGK. Don't forget as a SAM, you WS a lot more than most jobs so you will notice when you miss, a lot more. However you will still be hitting 90%+ of your WS.

3. If you have Zanshin merits (especially coupled with Ikoshoten) TPing in Askar body is nice for keeping your 5hit build and still having nice stats for TP. Make your Zanshin proc, take off a little accuracy in your TP set and get a nice 21-24 TP when it does with these merits!

4. Don't forget your WS is part of your 5hit build, so don't gimp a WS set too much on StoreTP, another reason why Askar body is nice with it's decent stats, DA+ and StoreTP +5.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-08-10 09:17:52
Link | Citer | R

1. It does; 100sTP but that's not relevant here

2. All pretty much true.

3. What?

4. What?

inb4 3hit Nana (again)
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-10 09:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Eiryn said:

2. For YGK, because its a single hit 2hander WS, you don't need to equip for acc for WS with merits and a sea gorget. Equip for str and attack. I tried the "all or nothing str" builds and when I balanced out attack I got higher and more consistant YGK.

Accuracy stuff is correct, but you must be fighting nothing but JoL if your attack is failing.

As for the rest
Valefor.Argettio said:

3. What?

4. What?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Razius
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-08-10 14:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Was mah tp set :p got fowling and shura etc. But as for wally n dusk, maybe, heh. AF3 head is goin to blow it out the water anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 14:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Why "maybe" to Turban? I've heard the arguments for Perle Moufles (not particularly good ones, but still), but using Perle Salade over Walahra Turban is a new one and I'm curious what particular breed of logic inspired its use.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-10 14:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Why "maybe" to Turban? I've heard the arguments for Perle Moufles (not particularly good ones, but still), but using Perle Salade over Walahra Turban is a new one and I'm curious what particular breed of logic inspired its use.

I guess he thinks that +5STR, and +7attack > +2Haste ...

And yeah I would take the dusk gloves over perle hands for TPing too... the point of a TPing set is to build TP as fast as possible for more Weapon skills. (specially for 2-handed weapon DDs)

Haste > some str/attack (and haste is even better the more you already have of it)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 14:50:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm honestly waiting for something involving the defense and VIT when he takes hate, not that he'll ever have hate when he's TPing in that thing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-10 14:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm honestly waiting for something involving the defense and VIT when he takes hate, not that he'll ever have hate when he's TPing in that thing.

lol...
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-10 14:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Eiryn said:

3. If you have Zanshin merits (especially coupled with Ikoshoten) TPing in Askar body is nice for keeping your 5hit build and still having nice stats for TP. Make your Zanshin proc, take off a little accuracy in your TP set and get a nice 21-24 TP when it does with these merits!

Lakshmi.Razius
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-08-10 15:06:17
Link | Citer | R

no dont have vit etc macros >.> jeez lol. a MDT set is all for if i ever eat a high nuke in a bcnm or on ultima, but im PLD too, so i just nick my avalon n resentment n ***from there.

I guess i never used dusk gloves on sam for gk (do on pole), always went with hachi. But i was a zanshin sam then, not a stp merited sam. only just got back into sam really. been ALOT of gear changes since then XD

As for taking hate, um, see me after i rana, heh.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-08-10 15:10:36
Link | Citer | R

If you actually take hate, swap to a PDT set until recast timer on Third eye or shadows is back up to recast that, then swap back to TP set.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 15:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said:
As for taking hate, um, see me after i rana, heh.
I dunno, not sure I want to wait around that long.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Razius
By Lakshmi.Razius 2010-08-10 15:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Let the flame wars begin!

I love it how ppl nit pick when they have prob done it themselves. But, as for other ppl, thanks for comments,, was as i guessed, but cant hurt to hear other ppl :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-10 16:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said:
Let the flame wars begin! :)
Hachiman is stupid!! That's why I use askar on my sam because I would hate to look stupid!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-10 16:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said:
I love it how ppl nit pick when they have prob done it themselves.
Can honestly say I don't TP in Perle Salade on jobs that shouldn't be wearing the full set, so no... your immediately defensive response is amusing though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7