What Buffs Would You Pick?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what buffs would you pick?
what buffs would you pick?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Afania 2020-05-19 06:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Afania said: »
Phoenix.Oyama said: »
Quote:
Yes it was, any time you see "specific job only" shouts, it is OP.

***. It means people are morons or just lazy or both. You never needed a BLU or 2 BLUs for anything.

That isn't a qualification of certain job being "not OP" though.

If I change the word "BLU" to "SMN" in the above sentence the same principle still applies.

"SMN was never needed to clear aeonics. It was cleared before SMN burn strat discovered. The reason why people abused SMN because they were lazy"

Funny things is that people complained about SMN OP despite it was never needed, it just made things easy for lazy people. Now the same standard can't apply to BLU in 2015.

Edit: you guys can keep bringing up "community bandwagon doesn't count" or "X jobs are defensive too" as counter argument. But I wouldn't change my stance. FFXI is all about playing jobs that you like. If certain job/setup/strategy are heavily favored, to the point that other jobs got kicked out, because it "made things easier" then something needs a change.

BLU was heavily favored in 2015. MNK was slightly favored but it's not nearly as bad as BLU 2015. To me current situation is acceptable. You guys can blame the community all you want but it doesn't matter. Changing how community do content is what job adjustments are about.

Your qualification is YOUR qualification.

I never say my opinion should be universal fact that everyone else should accept. I simply stated my opinion, you are the one that got salty over others opinion lol.

As for Empyrean, idk where's that "buddy" talk came from. When I agree or disagree with others opinion on forum, I only base on what they say, not their relationship with me, nor my feelings about them. I've been to a *** tons of LS in life and know many people, and many of them has disagreement with me over certain topic on forum at least once, that includes some of my closest friends. Me and Empyrean simply just have same opinion on this issue, that's it.

Having disagreement in life is normal, you are the one who just wouldn't accept it for 5 *** years and took things personal. Just let it go already.
By Draylo 2020-05-19 06:46:20
Link | Citer | R

What makes you think I take it personal? You keep repeating that, I'm simply responding on an internet forum and giving my opinion just like you are. If anything you're the one taking it personal bringing your LS mates into the discussion to back you up. Trust me, this doesn't affect me at all and I'm just responding to leave my opinion, I'm not seething with rage because you refuse to accept my opinion. I'm not salty or taking it personal, do I have to use some facial emotes to convey that or something? lol :)) xDDD

If I must remind you, you are the one that has brought up past crap, you quoted someone and didn't like their opinion and that is what started this. Can't expect someone to not respond if you bring it up?
By Afania 2020-05-19 07:06:52
Link | Citer | R

What makes you think I take it personal? You keep repeating that, I'm simply responding on an internet forum and giving my opinion just like you are. If anything you're the one taking it personal bringing your LS mates into the discussion to back you up. Trust me, this doesn't affect me at all and I'm just responding to leave my opinion, I'm not seething with rage because you refuse to accept my opinion. I'm not salty or taking it personal, do I have to use some facial emotes to convey that or something? lol :)) xDDD

If I must remind you, you are the one that has brought up past crap, you quoted someone and didn't like their opinion and that is what started this. Can't expect someone to not respond if you bring it up?

No, I'm fine with you responding. I'm not quite fine with you making assumptions on other individuals motivation.

I didnt bring Empyrean into this discussion, and I think in past 1 year I spoke to him for maybe less than 5 times? I haven't even talk to him in last 10 months or so LOL. I barely consider him a "buddy"(not trying to be rude) at all idk why you keep making tons of assumptions.

I didnt brought blu into this discussion, you did. I only said rdm and mnk aren't OP because someone asked why. Idk why this turn to BLU debate again.
By Mattelot 2020-05-19 07:07:27
Link | Citer | R

If anything you're the one taking it personal bringing your LS mates into the discussion to back you up

Not trying to take sides but someone doing this and/or upvoting their own comments with their own mules seems to happen often. It's like allakhazam all over again :P
 Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2020-05-19 07:11:58
Link | Citer | R

six pages of this ***and you two still haven't hatefucked eachother into a coma. Give it a rest you two and post some wishlist job changes instead of trying to measure who's *** is shorter.
[+]
By Afania 2020-05-19 07:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
If anything you're the one taking it personal bringing your LS mates into the discussion to back you up

Not trying to take sides but someone doing this and/or upvoting their own comments with their own mules seems to happen often. It's like allakhazam all over again :P

Lol I'm kind of person that gives 0 *** about upvote/downvote thing, nor I seek validation on my own opinion.

I find it hilarious that Draylo thinks I brought LS army to approve my own opinion. I have 10k posts combined on AH.com and vast majority of them are "no I disagree with you because...." kind of posts, if I'm known to abuse LS army over forum debates that all 10k posts would have tons of upvotes. And I'd run out of LS armies pretty fast with this many posts.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-05-19 07:29:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't really care either. It's just funny when somebody has to go out of their way to save face.

Let's change the subject. Anyone enjoying their new HQ aurgelmir orbs?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-05-19 11:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
I don't really care either. It's just funny when somebody has to go out of their way to save face.

Let's change the subject. Anyone enjoying their new HQ aurgelmir orbs?

I am!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-19 14:12:53
Link | Citer | R

well this went from a somewhat fun topic into, wah wah OP, what is OP, i dunno, btw OP = playing a job to is max potential? Nah, OP is broken, or popular, or works.

Good grief.

No one here can stay on topic in these threads.

The title wasn't "X is OP, What is OP?"
Now was it?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-19 14:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Heres some fun speculation to detour the OP(over powered, not original post, I think this was a fun topic until over powered became the balh blah) garbage.

The wallpaper they just released, which is very well done btw.

There are only 8 adventurer jobs featured. NIN SAM PLD BST SMN COR WHM DRG

A few of those jobs need some attention.

Speculation: Those jobs are gonna get some attention in the near future.

Discuss.
By Draylo 2020-05-19 16:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Who cares what the topic becomes? It isn't like there is much action going on anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-19 16:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Who cares what the topic becomes? It isn't like there is much action going on anyways.
cuz, there are topics for that? or maybe not? could make one though....

a stickied, this job OP flavor of the month thread, so tangents can cease?

Don't mind me I am drunkish atm haha
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-19 17:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Blu was never OP. Mnk and Rdm are not currently OP. The community bandwagons hardcore until SE changes something. Mnk was good before it got buffed, and its better now. The difference is people actually play it now. The same has been true for every job.

The only job in the game that could be defined as ever being OP is bard, given the nature of its static buffs in 75 cap era, before cor got buffed. Even then, the argument could more realistically be that the other competing support job (cor) was underpowered.

Now can we please get back to the point of the thread?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-19 17:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Back on topic; My earlier suggestion for drg was deus ex automata for pet.

Another would be removing the global action lockout on jumps.

Reducing the recast of JA Healing Breath.

Giving hasso/seigan and Spirit Bond a 1hr buff duration.

Adding DT augs to Acro gear for the wyv breath set.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-05-19 17:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Ranger
Remove distance/damage nerf completely. Get rid of ammo consumption altogether. Between Recycle and Scavenge, we only lose 2% of our ammo. This would let us use any ammo we want for WSs, without the fear of losing it.

Ninja
Remove positional nerfs for Innin/Yonin

Scholar
AoE Haste/Flurry
Turn Klimaform into an Enhancing Magic spell (not Dark Magic)
Change Manifestation so that it can be used on -helix spells
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-05-19 18:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure Afania and I have argued more than agreed on things.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-19 18:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Oh and look at this since people love videos:
11:50
YouTube Video Placeholder

Even Rua says its OP! Maybe he can chime in so I'm not against the crowd not wanting the light shined on it. This was in DEC as well, they've gotten much more gear improvements since.

You and Afania are just wrong. Also whoever said that a job can't be considered OP if you need the best gear to achieve it, is stupid. Gear is not hard to get anymore and Gil falls from trees. Jobs are meant to be judged at their max potential in terms of what is considered OP or not. It's like the village idiots have taken over forums and decided what is OP or not, when its been the same criteria since day 1.

To say BLU is in a fine position right now, is to be wrong. It needs adjustments. 90% of content now is low man and people who are intelligent, and maybe not wanting to get involved in the discussion, know whats up with current meta.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-19 18:55:44
Link | Citer | R

The term "OP" was banalized.
By Draylo 2020-05-19 18:59:33
Link | Citer | R

I guess, the other day I one shotted some level 75 orcs to get the Ambuscade KI and some guy said "lol its crazy how OP BLU is now" I'm p sure he wasn't kidding either, like yeah.. the definition has gotten muddled.
[+]
By Afania 2020-05-19 20:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
well this went from a somewhat fun topic into, wah wah OP, what is OP, i dunno, btw OP = playing a job to is max potential? Nah, OP is broken, or popular, or works.

Good grief.

No one here can stay on topic in these threads.

The title wasn't "X is OP, What is OP?"
Now was it?

The title should be renamed to the BLU sorrows of young Draylo.
[+]
By AkaniDragoon 2020-05-19 21:20:36
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
The title should be renamed to the BLU sorrows of young Draylo.

Sounds like how most threads turn out :^)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-19 21:21:02
Link | Citer | R

To say BLU is in a fine position right now, is to be wrong.

Blu is fine. Does it need some QoL love so it feels overall better? Sure. Using anything but mighty guard or verve feels BAD. But Blu shines in lowman, where it can both DD and has heavy utility and self support, and even in dyna D you can still compete with other DDs while still having utility to help sleep mobs in farm runs etc.

All of the jobs in the game right now are fine. They all have uses and niches over other jobs. Some tweaks to modernize some and just generally make them feel better would be welcome, but you could roll up to most content on any job with a balanced party and be perfectly happy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-19 21:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Sam is still arguably the best DD.
No problem, give us a vanity HTB set, I'll take it.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-05-20 01:38:52
Link | Citer | R

#1 Give Monk all the Blu Spells

#2 Give Monk WSD trait from Drg

#3 ???

#4 Barrance.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-05-20 01:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Snprphnx said:
Ninja
Remove positional nerfs for Innin/Yonin

The decay's more annoying than the positional requirements. I would remove that, get rid of the -accuracy on Yonin and the -evasion on Innin, and make them undispellable.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-20 02:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Ranger
Remove distance/damage nerf completely. Get rid of ammo consumption altogether. Between Recycle and Scavenge, we only lose 2% of our ammo. This would let us use any ammo we want for WSs, without the fear of losing it.

There has to remain at least SOME semblance of reality in comparison from the game job to a real-world equivalent. Yes, we're incredibly lucky in our ammo consumption, but SOMETHING has to be used lol!

I hate the concept of rare/ex ammunition. Its ridiculous, its not realistic, and its not viable. So honestly, I'd like SE to get rid of all of them, period.

Regarding the damage difference based on range...you're basically asking for Ranger to not act like an Archer. You shouldn't be able to melee due to faster TP gain and then have the benefits of a full damage ranged weaponskill from melee distance. Its bad enough we can do it with Leaden Salute, Trueflight, and Wildfire....start letting us do it with Jishnu's and Last Stand and the job is just broken. All jobs in this game are about balancing the good with the bad- be that survivability, TP gain, WS strength, all kinds of things that have to be balanced out. You're basically requesting for the job to not have to worry about ANY balancing and just deal damage. Might as well also allow WHMs to curebomb without pulling hate, or say that CORs busting is unfair.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-20 02:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
#1 Give Monk all the Blu Spells

This hack was already in the game!
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-20 02:23:17
Link | Citer | R

A better change, if you didnt want to remove ammo consumption on ranged attacks, would probably be to turn all r/ex ammo into ammo dispensers that give 99 of their ammo every hour to be used.

Also, whms can already cure bomb without pulling hate with a proper cure set, unless you had an enmity wipe.
By Shichishito 2020-05-20 06:06:54
Link | Citer | R

SMN needs a decent Fusion based BPrage, more reliable than flamming crush and preferably not magic based.

the MB damage reduction window should be removed, at least if successive magic bursts come from different jobs. for example leave it to prevent SCH/BLM only parties but if MBs come from different jobs like 1 BLM, SCH, RDM, NIN, SMN or what ever else is capable of MBing they shouldn't cockblock eachother.

i'd also like to see that Pets count as individual weapon types for Inundation or a different job gets a similar debuff specifically for pet attacks. not that RDM needs a buff but it would allow more variety in pet setups and encourage pet SCing which for what ever reason never was a thing?

*edit* oh yeah, call me crazy but i'd also like to see max party size increased from 6 to maybe 7-8 slots, at least when no alliance is involved.
By Nariont 2020-05-20 07:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Remove decay on yonin/innin, position bits fine to me, maybe throw racc into innin.

Change utsu into dt/II when hit by an aoe that wipes them all, 1-3% per shadow, could make it II when under yonin. Shadows should do something without having to go back to the days where firaga only took 1 shadow, "magic" AAs need to apply like phys though and only take 1-3 shadows, thats always been dumb.

Katana ws need a nudge, shun would easily compete if it was dmg varies instead of atk varies, ten just needs a small ftp bump, im not sure how much of a boost hi would need or if itd be better off just becoming dmg varies with a flat crit% chance, and kamu is in its own tier of bad.

Id throw in bst ideas but that jobs a Frankenstein monster of problems idk where to even begin besides the basic distance nerf
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7