What Buffs Would You Pick?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what buffs would you pick?
what buffs would you pick?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-17 13:44:26
Link | Citer | R

I would make virtually everything except for NM's, charmable for BST. "Leave" wouldn't make charmed pets despawn (making it usefull for MPK once again).
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-05-17 13:45:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm talking about RDM soling old AV and literally every other NM in this game, not recently.
By Afania 2020-05-17 13:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Calling a job OP because of its solo ability in a group based PvE MMO is pretty silly anyways. In that case PUP BST SCH all OP.

OP means endgame alliance only use 1 type of DD in alliance, for every content, resulting other DD being useless in the entire game and unable to participate anything. THAT would be a design issue and we can call that DD job OP. But such job doesn't exist in current ffxi.
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 13:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
I'm talking about RDM soling old AV and literally every other NM in this game, not recently.

No matter the solo, not everyone would've been able to do it. Maybe 5% or less of the population. Doesn't mean it's OP.

Imo, the only OP jobs right now are COR, SMN and RUN. However, finding good COR and RUN is hard so realistically the only OP job rn is SMN with any retard being able to mash a button.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-05-17 13:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

No matter the solo, not everyone would've been able to do it. Maybe 5% or less of the population. Doesn't mean it's OP.

Imo, the only OP jobs right now are COR, SMN and RUN. However, finding good COR and RUN is hard so realisticly the only OP job rn is SMN with any retard being able to mash a button.

Oh, you must be thinking I am saying it is OP. Sorry I am definitely not lol
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 15:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Ninja needs:
RR applied before Mijin goes off.

Yonin/Innin position requirements removed, if the mob turns toward you or away from you those buffs are negated and timers wasted, especially for yonin trying to keep the enmity boost.

Either a ranged DD mode, shadows not wiping fully to AoE (NIN main job only), or a giant boost to MAB and MACC.

Also, in general for all jobs and subjob combos, more variety in subjob selections, make sub job magic skills potent enough for a main job to land them.

Give us a reason to use oddball subjobs.

I could be wrong but: cor brd thf smn pup bst mnk geo all are pretty much pointless to sub. If some of the features of subjobs weren't gimped into oblivion could help main jobs fill some of the spots that they are lacking.

Example pup/bst could be crazy fun if you could charm reliably or get access to jugs.

Nin/blm could be a thing if stun landed worth a ***.

Blm/geo, rdm/geo

Cor/brd brd/Cor RNG/cor
Etc etc.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 15:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Nin/blm could be a thing if stun landed worth a ***.

Stun is one of the only spells I can land with /DRK or /BLM on most mobs that don't resist it.

I find it has really good accuracy despite low skill. It's not like a 60%+ land rate, but it's pretty damn good for being a sub job spell.
Ambu this month for example, I sometimes go RUN/DRK and have landed stun consistently with very few resists, very helpful for preventing DRK casting Dread spikes.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 15:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Yea but how much natural macc does RUN have anyway?

I think that is where you are getting some of that reliability, not from stun itself.

For a ninja to land stun, need to stack BiS macc all over the place, and we do not have generic macc traits at all, and not much in gear.

IDK the whole premise of subjobs being a way to create a wide variety of gameplay has been lost in them. They gimp subjob abilities way too much, leading to the only SJs that are worth it being stuff that boost generic stats or abilities.

Nothing unique about off subjobs, just a way to gimp yourself Needs more variety and viability.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 16:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Don't people stop Ochain at level 90 as it's as good as the 99 version basically?

They stop at 90 because it costs too much gil for the level 99 versions of shields, but with the lower CD on shield bash, the aura on them is really strong. Just not 200m strong.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 16:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Give DRG deus ex automata type ability.

For ranger; Remove double dark in dyna d, make it double light. Restore balance to the force.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 16:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Also for ninja, our 2nd 2 hour being tied to shadows that constantly are being wiped is gimp as fook.

You don't see mighty strikes damage boost being tied to having defender up, even if you did, would still be better than what ninja gets because it's a lot harder to wipe defender than shadows being stripped every time the boss sneezes.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-05-17 17:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
For ranger; Remove double dark in dyna d, make it double light. Restore balance to the force.

If only there was some kind of job that could change weather ;)
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 17:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

If only there was some kind of job that could change weather ;)

There is, but this would be a better change. Now cor doesnt get free everything in dyna.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-17 19:23:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm ok CORs getting their time to shine with double darkness weather. Just balance it out, bring on the iLvl Limbus as an equalizer! The fact that we've had-what, 4?- endgame events with darkness? It was one thing when the biggest effect of such things was gimping our cures, thus adding some difficulty to the event.

But now between Leaden Salute and Sanguine Blade being so powerful, constantly putting the best gear in the game hidden in double darkness weather does overpower some jobs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-05-17 19:31:06
Link | Citer | R

I mean, even if a zone was double Ice, or double sandstorm (doot-doot doo-doo-doo) there's a SCH for that. Wait 3 seconds for cast, have w/e weather for 15 minutes.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-05-17 20:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Stun is one of the only spells I can land with /DRK or /BLM on most mobs that don't resist it.

I find it has really good accuracy despite low skill.

Stun is one of those spells that has a high base-accuracy. There's a few of them that I'm forgetting but Dispel, Stun, Finale(?) and Flash all have high base Acc. Or perhaps its more accurate to say their Acc's are floored higher than the average spell maybe? Like unless the target legitimately resists Stun or Dispel, you'll usually have no trouble landing those spells with a subjob and possibly little trouble even with low skill for that matter.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2020-05-17 20:50:57
Link | Citer | R

A new PLD JA that deletes all RUNs in the party/alliance/linkshell giving PLD Transcendency (the Primeval Brew buff) for 1 minute for each RUN erased from existence.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 21:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

I find it has really good accuracy despite low skill.

Stun is one of those spells that has a high base-accuracy. There's a few of them that I'm forgetting but Dispel, Stun, Finale(?) and Flash all have high base Acc. Or perhaps its more accurate to say their Acc's are floored higher than the average spell maybe? Like unless the target legitimately resists Stun or Dispel, you'll usually have no trouble landing those spells with a subjob and possibly little trouble even with low skill for that matter.

I did not know this, I'll have to re-evaluate some stuff.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-17 21:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I mean, even if a zone was double Ice, or double sandstorm (doot-doot doo-doo-doo) there's a SCH for that. Wait 3 seconds for cast, have w/e weather for 15 minutes.

Changing the weather with SCH spells accelerates global warming.

[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-17 21:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Allow cor to do 3 rolls, and a pianissimo version for rolls would be nice.
By Shichishito 2020-05-17 21:37:24
Link | Citer | R

ungimp GEOs entrust bubble so its also affected by "gemonacy" +x and remove the bubble nerfs lately implemented in every other content. maybe help their MP management so they could use a different sub than RDM and make use of their offensive spells or support cures without beeing worried to run out of MP every moment. also replace useless abilities like wiedened compas or concentric pulse.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-17 22:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Allow cor to do 3 rolls, and a pianissimo version for rolls would be nice.

I would have been totally behind a COR RMEA dagger that was essentially worthless for DPS but was the COR equivalent of Duardabla, minus the overwrite ability. Basically something with the time dedication of a Death Penalty to affect the uniqueness of the job, not just another DD toy.
 Phoenix.Oyama
Serveur: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-05-17 22:33:29
Link | Citer | R

I've always liked the idea of getting more out of unbridled spells by doing something similar to rdm's ability, and/or adjusting CA to make it usable more often. Being able to use spells along with swords to make SC's is a cool aspect of blu and it would open up more options. I'd make it 30s base recast.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 22:57:42
Link | Citer | R

RDM and MNK are certainly OP atm, anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves.
OP- RDM, MNK, COR, SMN (easily fixed by adjusting conduit)

Jobs that need update urgently - BLM, BLU, NIN

Jobs that needs to be replaced with Time Mage, Chemist or Morpher - BST and PUP

BLU needs a duration buff to all its spells or even better they need to add equipment that enhances buff duration and potency of spells. One of RDMs biggest upgrades has been via gear where they can now get 20m+ self buffs, 10m+ buffs on others and that leaves them to focus on a ton of things. They also got huge potency increases via gear.

If BLU got this it would be an indirect increase to overall output. Most of BLUs utility spells are now outclassed heavily by RDM and we aren't even close. Some equipment to close the gap would be a great buff to BLU. While it would suck to lose even more inventory, I feel that is the downside to being at the top level of BLU. Simply adjusting all the spells without that negative aspect, I feel people would clamor for a nerf real fast. Seeing potency increases across the board via gear would allow for us to use older spells as well and that could have some fun potential.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 22:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
RDM and MNK are certainly OP atm, anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves.

A job is only as good as the player, aside from SMN. Let's be real.
The amount of R15 Vere Monks that suck *** is beyond countable. Just cos the job is good, the player isn't. Doesn't mean it's OP if most the players can't play it.

And playing RDM correctly is much harder than playing MNK so no point elobrating that.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 23:02:45
Link | Citer | R

That argument keeps getting brought up and it doesn't make sense. You don't balance a game based on how a majority of people are playing it currently, you balance it based on what its able to achieve at max level. I also disagree about what you said about RDM, it doesn't take ANY effort to look at a gear guide, purchase said gear and then cast a spell with it on. It doesn't take much skill and its a result of constant buffs to the job without realizing what it can do at max level.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-17 23:06:00
Link | Citer | R

That argument keeps getting brought up and it doesn't make sense. You don't balance a game based on how a majority of people are playing it currently, you balance it based on what its able to achieve at max level. I also disagree about what you said about RDM, it doesn't take ANY effort to look at a gear guide, purchase said gear and then cast a spell with it on. It doesn't take much skill and its a result of constant buffs to the job without realizing what it can do at max level.

I agree with what you're saying, but this is theory talk. When people actually PLAY the job, they are beyond awful. From what looks easy, casting spells, maintaining buffs, etc. Somehow people *** up and show their IQ.

Not saying everyone, just the majority of people that I've seen.

Edit: The comment about maxed level, I missed on first post.
When devs "try" balance a job, they don't expect people to do the things they do. Who would've thought WoC solo was doable, and a Kouryu solo is almost doable. Like it's crazy and expecting devs to prepare for that is mad. And even at max level, calling a job OP in content can be hard to justify as OP if the content is SO easy with a real group.

If we get new content and the job steamrolls it or becomes meta only then I'd say it's OP.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-17 23:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Yes that is very true, but if we're talking about overall balance it is the 1% of people that cause nerfs and updates. When that group found they could kill AV with DRK zergs, SE nerfed it fast even though barely anyone could do that. Same with the modus veritas strat, barely anyone could do that yet they nerfed it with quickness.

Most times it is that 1% of players that cause shifts in game balance because they found some strat/combo that allows them to plow through everything. Then some players create videos and the braindead follow it and repeat it until SE is forced to do something. So just because only a handful of people can replicate that strategy using x job, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be balanced out. People abusing Embrava, Perfect Defense etc, it all comes from what a job at max level can do and the players taking that mechanic and applying it everywhere. We already see people using MNK and RDM on literally everything now, why? because they know at max level what its capable of. I think a better way to balance things is with that in mind, and it seems SE has the same vision for their game given past history.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-17 23:14:18
Link | Citer | R

I agree with what you're saying, but this is theory talk. When people actually PLAY the job, they are beyond awful. From what looks easy, casting spells, maintaining buffs, etc. Somehow people *** up and show their IQ.

Not saying everyone, just the majority of people that I've seen.

Edit: The comment about maxed level, I missed on first post.
When devs "try" balance a job, they don't expect people to do the things they do. Who would've thought WoC solo was doable, and a Kouryu solo is almost doable. Like it's crazy and expecting devs to prepare for that is mad. And even at max level, calling a job OP in content can be hard to justify as OP if the content is SO easy with a real group.

If we get new content and the job steamrolls it or becomes meta only then I'd say it's OP.
Games are usually balanced both based on pro and casual play. So I think it's wrong to want one and not the other for the simple reason that if either is too much, well, it's too much, so fix that ***.

If MNK played to the maximum is OP, slap it. Just because 99% of the people are too HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to achieve it doesn't mean it's ok, if it's THAT OP, that is.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-05-17 23:48:35
Link | Citer | R

uncap damage. 99.999 isn't enough anymore with mobs increasingly bloated hp pools and players more and more consistently hitting damage cap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7