What Buffs Would You Pick?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » what buffs would you pick?
what buffs would you pick?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Afania 2020-05-18 10:25:53
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
It is one example that extends to all forms of content. We already established that literally 90% of the game is low man with 6 or under. All content in the game benefits from a MNK now that they've been super buffed, I see little reason to use others. I didn't mean to use his example as the only thing but he actually did solo it on MNK with trusts in one of his examples. if 30s isn't a big deal, I don't get why you somehow think an entrusted spell is. Most groups ran double GEO in that era, it wasn't a big deal and in fact was a boon because if a dispel went off and you lost haste, an entrusted haste would do more than a weak barrier.

If you use 2 geo you can't use a tank.

You can even take your words and apply them to RDM. You say the extra survivability was the icing on the cake. So with RDMs super powered debuffs and huge duration buffs, with their more than adequate DD potential magical and physical, being nigh unkillable and you don't think they have an advantage over a large majority of jobs in the game? What exactly is balanced to you. We already established that MG was not required in any era, you just said it made use of a weak entrust. Or maybe your metric for OP is only if the PUG crew is demanding x job (which btw, iGEO is demanded 24/7 for the dumbest content.)

There are meta's that the public has not even caught onto, they aren't the metric to be used to determine if a job at top level is OP or not. I think SE knows that too, because given their history they've done adjustments on things that not everyone was using.

What's so unkillable about rdm lol. More than 1 job has malig set. If malig is what makes rdm unkillable then every light armor dds are.

You are just exaggerating the advantage of rdm.

Geo is a job role by itself. BLU shares same job role as 15 other jobs so it affects more jobs. Different issues.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 10:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Well SE themselves has said they read the forums, and this is really the only fan site left on the NA side. If someone is declaring a job like BLU OP, or saying it doesn't need a buff and that its okay, then of course I am going to be obligated to enter the debate and give my opinion. As we've seen, public opinion can sway dev choices, and they ninja nerfed BLU which directly affected me because its my favorite job to play and I wasn't a part of a bandwagon.

I don't take it seriously in that I get emotionally distraught or something, but I won't stay out of debates when I see something wrong or if I see an opportunity to increase my gameplay experience. If SE only listened to the loudmouths and blind PUG players, we would not have as much of an enjoyable game imo. Healthy debate stimulates a community this small I would think, so I don't think its wrong to share opinions and not demand the other person 100% follows your view.

To respond to your last point, I literally did not see any issue with haste in that era. You can cap haste in so many different ways, it was the players that cried because they felt it was not 100% optimal unless they used 2 BLU, which was a fallacy. They cried because when a job becomes popular, its cool to hate on it.

I personally used BLU DD GEO GEO WHM COR. If that other DD was a blu we adjusted our spells, if not, we won the content regardless with minimal loss in time.
[+]
By Taint 2020-05-18 10:32:54
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

I've yet to see MNK doing anything impressive yet. 30 sec lilith E kill with 3 characters isn't "Op" by any means.

To be fair the only advantage of my 3 accounts is starting the fight with Haste2 already on.

THF is just there for TH, RDM is just there for Haste2.

MNK is OP in that fight and I've tried every DPS job.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 10:33:19
Link | Citer | R

It is one example that extends to all forms of content. We already established that literally 90% of the game is low man with 6 or under. All content in the game benefits from a MNK now that they've been super buffed, I see little reason to use others. I didn't mean to use his example as the only thing but he actually did solo it on MNK with trusts in one of his examples. if 30s isn't a big deal, I don't get why you somehow think an entrusted spell is. Most groups ran double GEO in that era, it wasn't a big deal and in fact was a boon because if a dispel went off and you lost haste, an entrusted haste would do more than a weak barrier.

Um, nobody used a tank. They used straight up DDs for HTB, it didn't require a tank at all, not even UNMs.

Quote:
What's so unkillable about rdm lol. More than 1 job has malig set. If malig is what makes rdm unkillable then every light armor dds are.

You are just exaggerating the advantage of rdm.

Geo is a job role by itself. BLU shares same job role as 15 other jobs so it affects more jobs. Different issues.

I just listed all the defensive benefits RDM has, you can't seriously think that it dies easily with all that? Powered up Phalanx, Malig set, crippling debuffs, chainspell, cures, I could keep listing things but maybe you get the idea? This is all with their buffs and debuffs lasting over 10 freaking minutes, that leaves them with so much time to do whatever it takes to survive or clear the content. Compared to BLU that has to spend time casting sub 1m spells that lower DPS and puts them in danger while casting.

GEO is a job that people are blocking other jobs out for, it isn't in a class by itself because there are other buffing jobs and ways to debuffs a target to clear content, yet you don't consider it OP in your list. They are also excluding non Idris GEO, which isn't required for 90% of content.
By Afania 2020-05-18 10:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Well SE themselves has said they read the forums, and this is really the only fan site left on the NA side. If someone is declaring a job like BLU OP, or saying it doesn't need a buff and that its okay, then of course I am going to be obligated to enter the debate and give my opinion. As we've seen, public opinion can sway dev choices, and they ninja nerfed BLU which directly affected me because its my favorite job to play and I wasn't a part of a bandwagon.

I don't take it seriously in that I get emotionally distraught or something, but I won't stay out of debates when I see something wrong or if I see an opportunity to increase my gameplay experience. If SE only listened to the loudmouths and blind PUG players, we would not have as much of an enjoyable game imo. Healthy debate stimulates a community this small I would think, so I don't think its wrong to share opinions and not demand the other person 100% follows your view.

To respond to your last point, I literally did not see any issue with haste in that era. You can cap haste in so many different ways, it was the players that cried because they felt it was not 100% optimal unless they used 2 BLU, which was a fallacy. They cried because when a job becomes popular, its cool to hate on it.

I personally used BLU DD GEO GEO WHM COR. If that other DD was a blu we adjusted our spells, if not, we won the content regardless with minimal loss in time.

Sure, you can present opinions on why BLU doesn't need a nerf. But you also took it person and often very biased.

When people called SAM THF BST BLM COR OP I didnt see anyone hold a grudge.

Um, nobody used a tank. They used straight up DDs for HTB, it didn't require a tank at all, not even UNMs.

Tank made quite a bit of difference in SR since they can absorb all the ***moves.

They also worked on T1 T2 escha NMs.

I just listed all the defensive benefits RDM has, you can't seriously think that it dies easily with all that? Powered up Phalanx, Malig set, crippling debuffs, chainspell, cures,

Phalanx, slow, addle and paralyze aren't going to make a huge difference in terms of surviability, lol. It's nothing compare to fade/wilt and yup....cocoon :)

Geo is a class by itself because its buffs are unique. Geo brd cor are shares different job role because they are not interchangeable.

DDs are interchangeable though. So all DDs are in the same job role.

Taint said: »

I've yet to see MNK doing anything impressive yet. 30 sec lilith E kill with 3 characters isn't "Op" by any means.

To be fair the only advantage of my 3 accounts is starting the fight with Haste2 already on.

THF is just there for TH, RDM is just there for Haste2.

MNK is OP in that fight and I've tried every DPS job.

Haste 2, dia3, and absorb TP from THF.

Advantage is advantage. When difference is only 30 sec minor advantage has bigger %.

I agree that MNK has an edge in THAT specific fight. Doesn't make the job OP because it's like 1 content out of entire game. And advantage isn't huge. SCH RUN can duo VD too, so even in VD it's not MNK only.
By Mattelot 2020-05-18 10:49:14
Link | Citer | R

I wish Geo was necessary for everything. Ambu last month and this month, people prefer Bard.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 11:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Sure, you can present opinions on why BLU doesn't need a nerf. But you also took it person and often very biased.

When people called SAM THF BST BLM COR OP I didnt see anyone hold a grudge.

Have you seen the BST or PUP community? They are the most hateful and vengeful people, I still get hate PMs that I have to block from them. Many people are quite touchy about their favorite jobs, I don't think its unusual, especially when they get nerfed.

Tank made quite a bit of difference in SR since they can absorb all the ***moves.

They also worked on T1 T2 escha NMs.

You're going from HTB to now Escha, tanks were not that useful for HTB at all which was the height of the BLU debates. We were already past Escha where BLMs reigned. Nobody really used tanks for HTB or UNM because they were in old world zones that had inferior hate mechanics. Everyone ran the setup I stated during the time period those debates took place. I don't even remember tanks being used in SR, it wasn't hard content.

Quote:
Phalanx, slow, addle and paralyze aren't going to make a huge difference in terms of surviability, lol. It's nothing compare to fade/wilt and yup....cocoon :)

Then clearly you haven't seen the difference a well geared RDM can make on a fight. They can practically replace GEO with higher DPS and a survival blanket via debuffs in most fights. You're also forgetting Immunobreak'd silence, among other spells.

Quote:
Geo is a class by itself because its buffs are unique. Geo brd cor are shares different job role because they are not interchangeable.

This is wrong, just as an example a RDM can adequately replace a GEO for most content now, given certain party arrangements.

Quote:
DDs are interchangeable though. So all DDs are in the same job role.

The difference comes when you compare them and their secondary benefits, there isn't a single DD besides maybe RNG that has the sole purpose of DD onry.
By Afania 2020-05-18 11:10:02
Link | Citer | R

You're going from HTB to now Escha, tanks were not that useful for HTB at all which was the height of the BLU debates. We were already past Escha where BLMs reigned. Nobody really used tanks for HTB or UNM because they were in old world zones that had inferior hate mechanics. Everyone ran the setup I stated during the time period those debates took place.

I said "6 man party", not HTB. You were the one who said HTB, not I.

Then clearly you haven't seen the difference a well geared RDM can make on a fight. They can practically replace GEO with higher DPS and a survival blanket via debuffs in most fights. You're also forgetting Immunobreak'd silence, among other spells.

Rdm replacing a geo? What the *** are you talking about. We use 4 geo in wave 3 alliance and geo in literally everything except in content that nerfed geomancy. No *** way that rdm can replace a geo. Frailty, fade and wilt are just too good.

I'm aware that people replace a geo in this month's ambuscade, its FAR from optimal though. Fastest ambuscade setup this month was done with blu(3 min), I've yet to see any VD pt with rdm but no geo managed to accomplish 3 min runs, most pt without geo took 5-6 min or more. And funny how you ignore blu still perform better than every other job this month.

Stop exaggerating how much efficiency rdm brings. It's a good job but far from OP.
By Mattelot 2020-05-18 11:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Have you seen the BST or PUP community? They are the most hateful and vengeful people, I still get hate PMs that I have to block from them. Many people are quite touchy about their favorite jobs, I don't think its unusual, especially when they get nerfed.

As a Pup, it sounds like some people have the inability to maintain their composure. Too many bandwagon Pups who keep forgetting they're a pet job. They want to punch stuff and dish out the numbers a Monk does. At least that's what I've seen from my conversations.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 11:14:00
Link | Citer | R

You keep struggling to hold onto that singular event to justify all your claims. The game comprises of more content than Dyna D, get your head out of there. The majority of content people are doing, my statement is valid. RDM can certainly fill in the roll of the GEO without much loss in DPS. Dia3+LS, Distract3, Innudation and additional DPS it adds. GEO is not required by any means for majority of content. If you suggest defensive benefits, Paralyze/slow/addle/Phalanx2, I could go on.

You're bouncing all over the place now, you were specifically talking about the era that the debates were held about BLU. During that era, the majority of 6 man content was HTB, UNM and SR. Most ran full DD setups for it, barely any tanks.

Quote:
I'm aware that people replace a geo in this month's ambuscade, its FAR from optimal though. Fastest ambuscade setup this month was done with blu(3 min), I've yet to see any VD pt with rdm but no geo managed to accomplish 3 min runs, most pt without geo took 5-6 min or more. And funny how you ignore blu still perform better than every other job this month.

I clear VD in 4.5m with BLU BRD PLD COR. I have no idea what you are talking about saying a GEO is required for fast clears. Can replace the BLU with any other DD, because I do melee method not aoe.
By Afania 2020-05-18 11:32:42
Link | Citer | R

You keep struggling to hold onto that singular event to justify all your claims. The game comprises of more content than Dyna D, get your head out of there. The majority of content people are doing, my statement is valid. RDM can certainly fill in the roll of the GEO without much loss in DPS. Dia3+LS, Distract3, Innudation and additional DPS it adds. GEO is not required by any means for majority of content. If you suggest defensive benefits, Paralyze/slow/addle/Phalanx2, I could go on.

You're bouncing all over the place now, you were specifically talking about the era that the debates were held about BLU. During that era, the majority of 6 man content was HTB, UNM and SR. Most ran full DD setups for it, barely any tanks.

Huh? You were the one who was bouncing all over the place. Not I. First you said rdm was OP and BLU was bad, then mentioned yourself clearing VD without geo in 4.5 min. If anything that proves BLU is a good job and not behind, not the other way around.

You are the one who repeatedly cited ONE scenario that MNK is good, like Taint trio box lilith E in 30 sec, then got salty calling BLU behind because it couldn't kill quite as fast. Then when I listed a scenario where GEO and other none MNK DD is good, such as dyna wave 3, you told me not to use 1 specific scenario....

That's double standard. You are allowed to use 1 specific scenario to support your "MNK OP" argument but I can't point out where BLU and GEO is good as counter argument?

Geo may not be necessary in some content because omen is soloable on many jobs anyways. It doesn't make RDM OP.

Are you seriously trying to argue rdm is OP because geo isn't necessary in easy content? What kind of logic is that.

It seems that you are just randomly trying to come up with 1000 different excuses to support your argument. None of them makes any sense though. And your opinion is just extremely biased.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 11:39:39
Link | Citer | R

I never said BLU was bad at any point in the discussion lol. I said that about VD because you specifically said nobody is clearing it fast without a GEO, I gave you a 4 man strat that leaves 2 people that aren't GEO to clear faster than 4.5m, so it is possible. I didn't use that as an example for BLU or RDM.

I didn't only use one scenario, I specifically gave you reasons why I had my opinion about MNK and as an example I said Lilith HTB. You can apply the same concept to just about any low man fight, which is like 90% of fights now in the game. It didn't rely on Taints HTB fight, it was just an example used to show what I meant.

You're doing Dyna D with like a full alliance... your opinion doesn't hold much weight for game balance because nobody uses that many people to clear wave 3 Dyna. In situations where you have a lower number, those GEO are probably necessary. We're talking about 6 man content where you can REPLACE that GEO, and still clear respectably, this means its not REQUIRED. You specifically said GEO is REQUIRED because it has unique buffs, it isn't true. You can even do Master trials without GEO and that is not soloable.

I used some examples to give the overall picture as to why RDM is OP, you don't need events or situations to prove it. Look at what the job is capable of at max level, which is what I've been saying this whole time, and its what SE uses to gauge if a job needs buffs or nerfs as evidenced thru their history.

I haven't changed my opinion once this whole discussion, you're the one trying to use very specific examples to support your claims and constantly using Dyna D with your full alliance linkshell.
By Afania 2020-05-18 11:55:56
Link | Citer | R

I never said BLU was bad at any point in the discussion lol.

Ok....so blu isn't in a bad position, why are you so salty about it in every thread about it? I just dont get it.

You specifically said GEO is REQUIRED because it has unique buffs,

I didnt say its "REQUIRED" to clear, I said it's not "replaceable" you misread the meaning behind it.

Not replaceable means the potency of failty/wilt/fade is so huge that it makes a difference when you aim for max efficiency.

For example, the 3 min VD clear video had geo, your pt without one was 4.5 min. So setup with GEO is faster. Doesn't mean its necessary to get a win if you go slow way.

I used some examples to give the overall picture as to why RDM is OP, you don't need events or situations to prove it. Look at what the job is capable of at max level, which is what I've been saying this whole time, and its what SE uses to gauge if a job needs buffs or nerfs as evidenced thru their history.

Wait what? 3 pages of argument you still refuse to give specific example to explain why rdm is "OP". It doesn't win parses, it's not "required" for efficient win for most content. Most if not every content has been cleared without rdm at least once. It can solo things like omen boss which other jobs can do.

Exactly what makes rdm so special? I just dont get it. I dont even know why you specifically target towards rdm. It has some unique perks, that's it. That's not OP.
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-18 11:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, in terms of using GEO in dynamis, using a BST can replace a GEO that uses Fraility and Wilt. However, using it for Fade/Malaise won't be ofcourse.
So I think it just depends on the buffs used by the GEO.
By Afania 2020-05-18 12:02:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Honestly, in terms of using GEO in dynamis, using a BST can replace a GEO that uses Fraility and Wilt. However, using it for Fade/Malaise won't be ofcourse.
So I think it just depends on the buffs used by the GEO.

I'd stack BST on top of GEO. Just using 1 of them isn't capping attack, at least not on most jobs.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 12:05:09
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen the video, was it 4 people or 6? Keep in mind I had 4, so adding literally anything will speed it up. The difference isn't huge is the main key. Thus the point I originally made, remains. You don't *need* GEO, so people shouting and locking others out of content by your definition means they are OP yet you didn't list them. Their buffs aren't unique, but they are strong so you claim is its necessary for fast clears and isn't replaceable (which I disagree in most scenarios.) Not replaceable means without it you lose or suffer heavily, and that isn't the case.

BLU is in a position to need an update, yes. Their key aspect of the job, Blue Magic, is lacking tremendously behind many jobs. Even MNK has more utility now than a BLU for most fights due to their subtle blow, high HP, penance and high dmg output. BLU needs buffs to enhance its buff durations and spell potencies (preferably additional effects because we know spell DMG won't be brought up high due to balance issues.)

You took issue with RDM and MNK being called "OP" which is highly subjective. I think at this point we need to let others weigh in the discussion because I am almost positive others have my opinion too. It really isn't hard to see and I don't get why you are so resistant to seeing how they can be considered OP.

Quote:
Wait what? 3 pages of argument you still refuse to give specific example to explain why rdm is "OP". It doesn't win parses, it's not "required" for efficient win for most content. Most if not every content has been cleared without rdm at least once. It can solo things like omen boss which other jobs can do.

Exactly what makes rdm so special? I just dont get it. I dont even know why you specifically target towards rdm. It has some unique perks, that's it. That's not OP.

I could have used your exact quote against you when you said the same thing about BLU lol.

I already stated multiple times why I think RDM is OP, go re read my posts in the thread. RDM is the only job that can solo all those NMs, to my knowledge. Others jobs can do one or two but not all. That isn't the only factor, go read my other points to see why.
By HyperKTM 2020-05-18 12:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Not really a buff but put cor on kclub
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-05-18 12:17:41
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen the video, was it 4 people or 6? Keep in mind I had 4, so adding literally anything will speed it up. The difference isn't huge is the main key. Thus the point I originally made, remains. You don't *need* GEO, so people shouting and locking others out of content by your definition means they are OP yet you didn't list them. Their buffs aren't unique, but they are strong so you claim is its necessary for fast clears and isn't replaceable (which I disagree in most scenarios.) Not replaceable means without it you lose or suffer heavily, and that isn't the case.

BLU is in a position to need an update, yes. Their key aspect of the job, Blue Magic, is lacking tremendously behind many jobs. Even MNK has more utility now than a BLU for most fights due to their subtle blow, high HP, penance and high dmg output. BLU needs buffs to enhance its buff durations and spell potencies (preferably additional effects because we know spell DMG won't be brought up high due to balance issues.)

You took issue with RDM and MNK being called "OP" which is highly subjective. I think at this point we need to let others weigh in the discussion because I am almost positive others have my opinion too. It really isn't hard to see and I don't get why you are so resistant to seeing how they can be considered OP.

Quote:

I could have used your exact quote against you when you said the same thing about BLU lol.

I already stated multiple times why I think RDM is OP, go re read my posts in the thread. RDM is the only job that can solo all those NMs, to my knowledge. Others jobs can do one or two but not all. That isn't the only factor, go read my other points to see why.

Rdm adds some unique strats with the endamage kills which are super helpful for some things but by no mean OP. I’ve played with mnks as well in various content and I do not see the OP you are referring to, just because something shines brightly is certain situations does not mean it’s OP it just means you setup to make it do well in situations where it’s already favored.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
Serveur: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-18 12:20:34
Link | Citer | R

From what I've done and seen other people, the only mobs that RDM can solo what other jobs can't is Warder of Courage. However, there is some other fights which can be soloed on some jobs, but not RDM.
DRG for example, I seen some JP dude solo Teles first hand. That was some impressive ***. I watched a SCH take Zerde to 30%~ on a solo.
So I don't think soloing means it's OP, per se, but I can definitely see what you mean.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 12:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Rdm adds some unique strats with the endamage kills which are super helpful for some things but by no mean OP. I’ve played with mnks as well in various content and I do not see the OP you are referring to, just because something shines brightly is certain situations does not mean it’s OP it just means you setup to make it do well in situations where it’s already favored.

Certain situations = 90% of content.. You can apply the MNK strat to all 6 man content which is majority of content in the game right now lol.
RDM statement doesn't make much sense, so I don't know what you mean.

Quote:
From what I've done and seen other people, the only mobs that RDM can solo what other jobs can't is Warder of Courage. However, there is some other fights which can be soloed on some jobs, but not RDM.
DRG for example, I seen some JP dude solo Teles first hand. That was some impressive ***. I watched a SCH take Zerde to 30%~ on a solo.
So I don't think soloing means it's OP, per se, but I can definitely see what you mean.

Afania is the one claiming I said RDM is OP only because it could solo. I used it as an example but it isn't the only reason that is my opinion. Maybe we're all thinking a different definition of what OP is, but at this time RDM and MNK are far ahead of most jobs and others need buffs. I think we can at least agree on that.

I'm not one to ask for nerfs, I even said so during the BLU debacle. I would love to see other jobs buffed in different ways that aren't direct DMG. We do enough dmg as it is and things die too fast anyway, it just makes us clear content faster and get bored. We should be buffed in ways that creates new play styles or enhances aspects that makes jobs unique and fun.
By Afania 2020-05-18 12:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Ambu has 30 min time limit so it's going to be tough to lose even if you dont aim for max efficiency.

But whatever, I'm under the impression that whenever we discuss setups on forum max efficiency is the standard, has been that way since BG days.

It's one thing to ask for BLU adjustments. It's another to hijack different threads constantly calling other jobs "OP". It just sounds salty towards other job, that's all.

And I also explained multiple times why BLU issue in 2015 was very different from RDM in 2020. I dont see any design issue now, nor community yell for rdm only.

Nothing needs to be fixed.
By Afania 2020-05-18 12:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Afania is the one claiming I said RDM is OP only because it could solo.

Didnt say you, again you misread my post. Someone else on the 1st page made a "RDM solo omen bosses" meme which was just wtf.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 12:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Once again, just because the bandwagon job isn't X, does not mean X is not OP. That is flawed thinking on your part. Why do you think a job is only considered OP because everyone is shouting for it? Does not make sense to me.

Also, I disagree with your assessment of BLU in 2015. I don't know where that goes from there other than others adding their input.
By Afania 2020-05-18 12:57:48
Link | Citer | R

Once again, just because the bandwagon job isn't X, does not mean X is not OP. That is flawed thinking on your part. Why do you think a job is only considered OP because everyone is shouting for it? Does not make sense to me.

You are the one who's been claiming rdm and mnk are "OP" because people are bandwagoning it, LOL.

Its double standard to call rdm mnk op because people prefer it, then when people preferred BLU even more in 2015 others aren't allowed to comment on it.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 13:03:28
Link | Citer | R

So apparently you don't read. I didn't say once "RDM and MNK are OP because people are bandwagoning it." I said they are being requested/used more for a reason, and then I stated the reasons I thought so. They aren't OP simply because people are playing them more, which is your logic. You are saying a job is OP when everyone starts to use it only because its being used more instead of other jobs. There are meta's that most of the public hasn't caught up to yet, just because those jobs aren't being requested doesn't erase their potential.
By Afania 2020-05-18 13:11:02
Link | Citer | R

So apparently you don't read. I didn't say once "RDM and MNK are OP because people are bandwagoning it." I said they are being requested/used more for a reason, and then I stated the reasons I thought so. They aren't OP simply because people are playing them more, which is your logic.

No not just that. I also said being good dd or support for lowman content doesn't make it OP.

Convenient, yes. OP, no.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-18 13:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Low man content is 90% of the game... you do realize that right? Literally everything is 6 man or less now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-05-18 13:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Once again, just because the bandwagon job isn't X, does not mean X is not OP.
But... that is exactly what you are doing with rdm.

Comparing rdm and blu at all stages of the two jobs is just stupid.
They serve two vastly different functions.

I have both very well geared, and I believe Afania has seen my rdm, I know celebrindal has seen both my rdm and blu. They can attest to my level of gear if they want, but it doesn't really serve a purpose outside of my ability to declare my experience on the jobs.

Just because a very small portion of people have soloed WoC/Kirin or Omen bosses on rdm, doesn't make a job OP. The insane level of gear, timing, effort, and a bit of luck it takes to pull that off is unreal.
While a very small percentage of rdm can do that, rdm has a much harder time doing simple fights like VD Tenzen.
Just because a rdm has crocea and some lilith gear, doesn't make it some kind of solo God. You still need best in slot gear to land enfeebles at max potency on half the end game content. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have seen crocea rdm that don't even have +2 relic/af sit there and spam enfeebles over and over never landing anything.

The only thing I can't stand about blu (outside of the massive bandwagon phase of 2015) is the duration of buffs. It gets old recasting cocoon every 90 seconds. But that is about the only true downfall of blu.
Blu has job traits and options that no other job in the game gets, you get "Dual Wield III, Store TP V, Skillchain Bonus III, Critical Attack Bonus III, Triple Attack, and Accuracy Bonus IV are your primary DD traits. The set also gives you a powerful buff in the form of Nature’s Meditation and an excellent defense down with Tenebral Crush. This set itself only costs 78 points, so you will have 2 set points remaining to do with as you wish" (Directly from the front page of the blu guide)
That all comes from your DD spell set. No other job in the game gets all those at once.
Your complaint is rdm gets long buffs/debuffs?
Ok, give rdm +25% defense with zero penalty, stp V, crit attk bonus III, innate dual wield III and 8 shadows, AoE heals, nearly double the current attack, and give rdm haste 3 (capped haste) that comes with regen 30 tick, magic defense bonus +15, and another 25% defense, AoE sleeps, and herc gear.

If you want the jobs to play the same, we may as well go all out right?

The argument is stupid. The whole thread was "what would you pick to make something OP." Somehow the thread went into a panty twist debate trying to make "blu only" shouts again because blu isn't the #1 for all jobs roles.

Blu is fine, it serves a different function and has the ability to swap roles.
Rdm is fine, plays way differently and still has the ability to swap roles.

You want to complain about OP, first make a proper thread specifically for it, don't highjack a thread to give yourself yet ANOTHER chance to complain that blu isn't the #1 role for everything, (yes this is what typically happens, the blu community tends to forget what it has and is capable of, and goes around complaining and wanting what other jobs have and they don't) Yes, blu was in the past OP, MNK in the past was OP, you want OP now? Look at cor and smn. For *** sake, I can't get off cor for the life of me now.

This isn't ff14, the jobs shouldn't all play the exact same based on their roles. Blu should have a couple downsides to it, just like rdm has its downsides.
[+]
By Afania 2020-05-18 13:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Low man content is 90% of the game... you do realize that right? Literally everything is 6 man or less now.

Then the issue is content variety, not the job......

You should suggesting SE to create more content that favor other jobs instead of getting salty and call these jobs "OP" in every thread.

We have 22 jobs in game and most can be a DD. Of course certain job gonna excel in certain content. Someone has to be able to kill lilith E faster than other jobs no? And that job just happened to be MNK now. Even if MNK never exist in game next guy gonna complain about whoever kills the 2nd fastest behind MNK. Then we get no end.

So it's still silly to complain about jobs just because content favors it. Its FFXI, every job has to be good at one thing but not everything. If all content are mostly the same so it favors 1 or 2 jobs that's a bigger issue than jobs.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 13:31:09
Link | Citer | R

It looks like you didnt even read the discussion, so I wont bother to respond to you point for point and repeat myself. This thread is for job update wishes, I didnt hijack anything, your buddy Afania is the one who went offtopic to respond to people who stated their opinon on current balance. Most of your post is wrong, what bad misinformation. All your little points in favor of BLU means jack ***when a MNK steamrolls stuff without those fancy buffs. We compare jobs at the max level to see what's unbalanced in comparison, this isn't new.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7