Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 129 130 131
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:34:54
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

Conspiracy theories galore
[+]
Offline
Posts: 6999
By Afania 2020-03-25 11:35:15
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
Afania said: »
I hope kireek is either extreme minority or just trolling. Otherwise we have no hope to win this war.

If you burn your house down to win the war you lost the war regardless.

Or you can win first then rebuild the house, lol.

Draylo said: »
Everyone attacking him isn't helping either. I can tell you, many people are very skeptical at the moment. You have the media that blows literally everything out of proportion, a president telling people it will magically disappear and don't worry hes ending it in a few weeks, then you have the media again telling people only the elderly and people with existing conditions are in danger.

Most people are more worried about the fact they are out of work and have rent due in a week and bills to pay. They just aren't posting on this forum, all of you are living in a bubble it seems and think we can hole ourselves up for another two months. It just is NOT possible, people cannot live when there are bills to be paid, we had careers and lives. If the media is telling people that only elderly and sickly people are getting the brunt of this, they won't take it as something that will impact them and they will not care as much and only see the economic side.

A lot of posters here are also caught up in the media spin, I just don't agree with most of you as it seems you're fear mongering.

It isn't fear mongering since China and Italy already showed us what happened in their healthcare system, what makes you think that our healthcare system is miles better than theirs? Its only logical to believe other countries will slowly become the next China and Italy, not the other way around.

There are countries that did well against this virus, but you have no idea how much effort and resources they spent on preventing the virus to spread. Most NA/EU countries didn't prepare well enough when they could and now they simply paid the price.

For example, back when Japan had 100 cases companies like SE banned their employees from travelling and Japanese government closed schools while NA was still in "just a flu" "not a lot of cases" "my hotel money q.q" mode. Now Japan only has 1193 cases US has 60000+. Japan has not enter lockdown stage because they acted early.

What's the difference? Some countries enforce preventive measures some countries choose to ignore it. Eventually they all have pay the price in the end.

Yes, people losing job sucks. What's worse? Another country (China) already showed us that people will lose jobs if no preventive measures are done in early stage and NA/EU countries walked the exact same path. Its foolish, arrogant and *** dumb.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1843
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 11:35:24
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

You just don't get the concept of quarantine. We don't want more people dying, we take it seriously now to prevent more deaths. FFS what is so hard about that?

4 Weeks from now we want this under control, it's asshats like you though that will continue to make this escalate, because you can not comprehend how quarantines work.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:39:52
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:40:44
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:45:17
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

Conspiracy theories galore

That reply literally makes no sense at all, which is expected from you.

Let me break it down then: No one here wants to "destroy the economy." Every time you post that your lying. I was nice and called it a conspiracy, but really its just an outright lie. Not a single person here wants to "destroy the economy." Also, once again, the coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu. Yes. It. Is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1843
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 11:46:47
Link | Citer | R
 
A realistic time to break the social distancing routine would be if we had no more deaths, infections can still rise, but if the deaths themselves stop, that means it is treatable now. Until then..... you would be delusional to the detriment of population's health to stop quarantines.

Anyone who claims that this can be handled with a deadline is so full of denial it is not even funny.

"Mission Accomplished" banners are ringing a bell.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Offline
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
Posts: 15063
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2020-03-25 11:47:54
Link | Citer | R
 
My county just went into lock down, but since "outdoor exercise" is allowed and I ride a bicycle, this pretty much doesn't affect me at all
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:50:14
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:52:04
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

Conspiracy theories galore

That reply literally makes no sense at all, which is expected from you.

Let me break it down then: No one here wants to "destroy the economy." Every time you post that your lying. I was nice and called it a conspiracy, but really its just an outright lie. Not a single person here wants to "destroy the economy." Also, once again, the coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu. Yes. It. Is.

It doesn't matter if you want to or not, if it's extended beyond 4 weeks it will happen whether you like it or not. Irreparable damage will happen.

More deflection huh? You are accusing people here of wanting to destroy the economy, you got called out on it because its a lie, so just run away.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:52:52
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1843
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 11:52:56
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

Conspiracy theories galore

That reply literally makes no sense at all, which is expected from you.

Let me break it down then: No one here wants to "destroy the economy." Every time you post that your lying. I was nice and called it a conspiracy, but really its just an outright lie. Not a single person here wants to "destroy the economy." Also, once again, the coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu. Yes. It. Is.

It doesn't matter if you want to or not, if it's extended beyond 4 weeks it will happen whether you like it or not. Irreparable damage will happen.

Suck it up buttercup, there is no stopping it, stay in quarantine for 6 months, economy tanks, break it too early, people die, economy tanks.

Learn to garden, and hunt for meat.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:53:58
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1843
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 11:54:29
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
Viciouss said: »
kireek said: »
If in 4 weeks this virus has lead to exponential death counts and is not leveling off, more actions are needed. If the death count has risen but it's not an excessive increase then we need to get back to normal. I guarantee you most people will agree with this.

That some of you want to destroy the economy and many peoples buisnesses over so few deaths is crazy. What you're arguing for is actually MORE crazy than banning all cars (cars literally kill 3.7k people every day in the USA)

You don't want to destroy the car industry, you just want to destroy all industries. Over something that is killing far less people.

Conspiracy theories galore

That reply literally makes no sense at all, which is expected from you.

Let me break it down then: No one here wants to "destroy the economy." Every time you post that your lying. I was nice and called it a conspiracy, but really its just an outright lie. Not a single person here wants to "destroy the economy." Also, once again, the coronavirus is more deadly than the seasonal flu. Yes. It. Is.

It doesn't matter if you want to or not, if it's extended beyond 4 weeks it will happen whether you like it or not. Irreparable damage will happen.

Suck it up buttercup, there is no stopping it

Sexy talk only in PM.
yawn
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:56:48
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:57:01
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »

Is this your word of the day? You are using it all over the place when it makes no sense.

Desire has nothing to do with it, if I don't want to run someone over but do it anyway I still ran someone over.

Its what you are constantly doing, everything you have said has been debunked point for point. Like I said yesterday, kireek just bounces from one lie to another. All of your posts are lies.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 11:57:47
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:59:00
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »
You just post random things, you have dementia or something.

No I don't. Cute tho. Its time for you to go away.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 12:00:48
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Offline
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1843
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 12:02:58
Link | Citer | R
 
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
there is no stopping it, stay in quarantine for 6 months, economy tanks, break it too early, people die, economy tanks.

Kind of danced around the main point there didn't ya, the damage is done.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 11377
By Draylo 2020-03-25 12:31:24
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
kireek said: »
I'll post this again:



Not only did you not give a ***about these 100k people that died in the USA in 2018 from the FLU, you didn't EVEN KNOW IT HAPPENED.

Why are you hysterical about one smaller group of people and not the other, because the media are making you go out of your mind with it.
Seems you missed
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

100k deaths in a year IS caring about it. Do you even know the numbers from the 1918 Spanish Flu? That was not caring about it. That's what we're trying to prevent here.
So I'll try to explain it to you. We DO care about the flu. We take precautions and that's why there's only 100k that died from it in a year. If we didn't care, there would be WAY more dead. For Covid, we're still figuring it out. So people are working on it and you are being asked to make some sacrifices while this is happening.

Our grandfathers were asked to go to war. You're just being asked to sit on your couch. Seriously, stop being such a baby about it.

People are losing their jobs, LONG TERM DAMAGE is approaching for many people. What do you think is funny about that to say "stop being a baby?" It isn't just some "sacrifices" they are quite big. Businesses are going under, people are heavily relying on credit and building debt, the economy is suffering hard.

A lot of misinformation is going around. I specifically remember watching all the news broadcasts and them saying this will barely have an affect on younger people aged 20~40 that don't have pre-existing conditions. So people are worried about the future and how they will be suffering economically. People who are facing the streets or no food and you're calling them babies, just to be clear. A tiny check from the government that won't even cover most peoples rent cost for a month in NYC alone, not to mention other expenses. The threat of doing this for another 2~3 months is real and scary, more than the virus here.
Offline
Posts: 373
By Odinz 2020-03-25 12:31:24
Link | Citer | R
 
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Damn, this dude is not funny on his best day. But without an audience laughing on cue, it just becomes painful to watch.
funny how that is right? lose the laughing audience and all of a sudden, just a bad vlog. lol
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Offline
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: grumpette
Posts: 165
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-03-25 12:41:56
Link | Citer | R
 
The resource that is holding most nations together is the internet.

The internet provides information that can keep you alive. Like how to grow quick foods, purify water, which common weeds can be used as food or medicine, how to make masks, etc.

Money is important in a civilized society but meaningless in a crisis.

However, food, water, medicine and knowledge are essential commodities during a crisis.

The internet provides an entertainment and education venue to keep minds focused elsewhere and socializing.

Seriously, be a hero, stay home and get entertained and educated!

Get crafty and learn how to make a face mask and decorate it!

If I must make a trip outside, I'm making a Hattori Zukin face mask like my Ninja!

Get healthy and learn how to harvest your own sprouts and micro veggies.

If you can grind ingame, you can grind in real life and learn to make it an adventure.

And by all means, keep arguing with Kireek. It keeps both you and him entertained and quarantined.
Good job Kireek!

The quarantine is in place not only to contain this highly contagious disease, but to conserve medical resources. More people will die needlessly if we all get sick at once. We will overwhelm medical resources.

Coronavirus hysteria is like some of the start-up LSes I've been seeing lately managed by players who bought lots of gil, new gear and clears. They fail because:
1)They enter Dynamis [D] without a great support team to cover their DD and tank.
2) They overwhelm 1 WHM in an unbalanced alliance.
3) Support and leadership is so new that they have no clue how to administer buff protocols.

Let the medical community develop medical protocols to cure the sick of this novel disease.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Offline
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
Posts: 852
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 12:57:08
Link | Citer | R
 
Draylo said: »
People are losing their jobs, LONG TERM DAMAGE is approaching for many people. What do you think is funny about that to say "stop being a baby?" It isn't just some "sacrifices" they are quite big. Businesses are going under, people are heavily relying on credit and building debt, the economy is suffering hard.

A lot of misinformation is going around. I specifically remember watching all the news broadcasts and them saying this will barely have an affect on younger people aged 20~40 that don't have pre-existing conditions. So people are worried about the future and how they will be suffering economically. People who are facing the streets or no food and you're calling them babies, just to be clear. A tiny check from the government that won't even cover most peoples rent cost for a month in NYC alone, not to mention other expenses. The threat of doing this for another 2~3 months is real and scary, more than the virus here.
And what do you think I'm doing? I know full well. I'm also in quarantine worried about my job. That's why I want everyone to band together to beat this. But as long as there are people going outside just because they got a text saying to stay home, or people calling it "just the flu," or people making out on a beach and drinking beer from each other's butts, or people licking toilet seats..., it will prolong the problem and make everything harder for everyone.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 11377
By Draylo 2020-03-25 12:59:51
Link | Citer | R
 
Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
The resource that is holding most nations together is the internet.

The internet provides information that can keep you alive. Like how to grow quick foods, purify water, which common weeds can be used as food or medicine, how to make masks, etc.

Money is important in a civilized society but meaningless in a crisis.

However, food, water, medicine and knowledge are essential commodities during a crisis.

The internet provides an entertainment and education venue to keep minds focused elsewhere and socializing.

Seriously, be a hero, stay home and get entertained and educated!

Get crafty and learn how to make a face mask and decorate it!

If I must make a trip outside, I'm making a Hattori Zukin face mask like my Ninja!

Get healthy and learn how to harvest your own sprouts and micro veggies.

If you can grind ingame, you can grind in real life and learn to make it an adventure.

And by all means, keep arguing with Kireek. It keeps both you and him entertained and quarantined.
Good job Kireek!

The quarantine is in place not only to contain this highly contagious disease, but to conserve medical resources. More people will die needlessly if we all get sick at once. We will overwhelm medical resources.

Coronavirus hysteria is like some of the start-up LSes I've been seeing lately managed by players who bought lots of gil, new gear and clears. They fail because:
1)They enter Dynamis [D] without a great support team to cover their DD and tank.
2) They overwhelm 1 WHM in an unbalanced alliance.
3) Support and leadership is so new that they have no clue how to administer buff protocols.

Let the medical community develop medical protocols to cure the sick of this novel disease.

How cute! Tell that the person who isn't working and struggling to pay rent and expenses. People act like everyone is chilling in their house all comfy and cozy while the doctors work on a cure! No, they are worried they can't pay rent and their expenses as this seemingly has no end currently. No, money is NOT useless in a crisis, that is stupid. It is one of the most important factors.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Offline
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: rada
Posts: 104
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2020-03-25 13:08:13
Link | Citer | R
 
kireek said: »



So I skimmed through the most relevant bills and did not read anything related to the image you posted. I linked the articles so you can read them yourselves (ctrl+f helps if you search for key words). If you do find something I will happily say you're right. But from the looks of it you fell for propaganda son, hook, line and sinker.

Preparedness Act

Coronavirus Family First

kireek said: »
I'll post this again:



Here is analogy to help you understand why people are freaking out: I have drank hundreds of beers over the years, but today I drank 30 and died, what the frick is that?!?

Does this help?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 13:12:17
Link | Citer | R
 
Kireek is literally "that guy" word for word in a few months from now will say "See it wasn't that bad, it wasn't necessary to shut anything down"

Totally ignoring the fact that it was because everything was shutdown that it was less catastrophic than it would've been.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-25 13:40:13
Link | Citer | R
 
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2020-03-25-ladysmith-covid-19-patient-arrested-for-not-self-quarantining-27-contacts-sought/

Quote:
A Ladysmith salon owner who tested positive for coronavirus has been charged with attempted murder, for continuing to work at his business and disregarding an instruction to self-quarantine.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2020-03-25 14:04:14
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 15944
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 14:52:08
Link | Citer | R
 
States are rejecting Trump's imaginary timeline

Quote:
Democratic and Republican governors, as well as local officials, are pushing back against President Trump's signals that he wants to restart the economy by Easter, warning that ending strict social distancing practices could put millions of lives at risk.

Governors have ordered residents to practice those distancing procedures, to varying degrees. Many have ordered residents to stay at home, ordered nonessential businesses closed and banned gatherings of all but a few people.

And several say they will keep those orders in place even if Trump rolls back the few national restrictions he has put in place.

"Whatever messages that are coming out of Washington, we are going to make sure we take care of the needs of New Hampshire first," Gov. Chris Sununu (R) said at a briefing Tuesday. "What we aren’t going to do is overly accelerate or loosen regulations just for the sake of the economy and at the risk of public health."

Trump has said he wants the economy to reopen by Easter, April 12, though public health experts do not even expect the country to have reached the peak of the outbreak by then.

"I hope the president's right, let me just say that," Missouri Gov. Mike Parson (R) told reporters on Tuesday. "But the reality of it is, we’re planning this much longer than two weeks here in the state of Missouri. And I think that’s how you do — to make a good plan — how you’re going deal with the crisis."

In neighboring Kansas, state Health and Environment Secretary Lee Norman was taken aback by Trump's projections of reopening the economy by Easter.

"Did he say what calendar year?" Norman asked.

Trump has increasingly raised the prospect of lifting the restrictions, casting the economic damage from the coronavirus as a cure that's "worse than the problem itself." Governors warned that such steps could encourage the virus's spread.

"We don't think that we're going to be in any way ready to be out of this in five or six days or so, or whenever this 15 days is up from the time that they started this imaginary clock," Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said Tuesday on CNN.

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) has been similarly blunt in his rejection of Trump's optimism.

"When people are dying and people don't feel safe, the economy is not going to come back. We have to #FlattenTheCurve so that when the wave comes, it's not as big as it would have been and we are prepared for it," he said Tuesday on Twitter. "We are going to get our economy back, but we have to get through it, protect as many lives as we can, and then move forward. I'm looking forward to that day, but it's not here yet."

Ignore all things Trump, and listen to your local leaders. "15 days" was made up. "Easter" is made up. The local leadership will ring the "All Clear" bell.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 129 130 131