Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 129 130 131

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 10:47:59
Link | Citer | R

I think kireek is a shill for Tamiflu.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 10:48:33
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
I'll post this again:

Not only did you not give a ***about these 100k people that died in the USA in 2018 from the FLU, you didn't EVEN KNOW IT HAPPENED.

Why are you hysterical about one smaller group of people and not the other, because the media are making you go out of your mind with it.
Seems you missed
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

100k deaths in a year IS caring about it. Do you even know the numbers from the 1918 Spanish Flu? That was not caring about it. That's what we're trying to prevent here.
So I'll try to explain it to you. We DO care about the flu. We take precautions and that's why there's only 100k that died from it in a year. If we didn't care, there would be WAY more dead. For Covid, we're still figuring it out. So people are working on it and you are being asked to make some sacrifices while this is happening.

Our grandfathers were asked to go to war. You're just being asked to sit on your couch. Seriously, stop being such a baby about it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 10:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Isn't it awesome how kireek just ignores the mortality rates of the seasonal flu as compared to the coronavirus? Dr. Fauci is saying even if initial estimates are a little high, the coronavirus is at a minimum 10x more deadly than the seasonal flu. But, kireek has been advocating we ignore the medical data for a while now.

But it's not though, people are getting it and recovering just fine. People are getting it and having sniffles and it's over in a few days.

The people dying are old and have pre-existing conditions, they would of died just the same from the flu.

Literally ignore the virus, *** em if they die, I want to see many more deaths until i take it seriously..

You are advocating for people to die, so that you can go to the movies. Good thoughts jackass.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 10:48:46
Link | Citer | R

Isn't it awesome how kireek just ignores the mortality rates of the seasonal flu as compared to the coronavirus? Dr. Fauci is saying even if initial estimates are a little high, the coronavirus is at a minimum 10x more deadly than the seasonal flu. But, kireek has been advocating we ignore the medical data for a while now.

But it's not though, people are getting it and recovering just fine. People are getting it and having sniffles and it's over in a few days.

The people dying are old and have pre-existing conditions, they would of died just the same from the flu.

See? Just ignoring the medical data and making ***up.
[+]
By Afania 2020-03-25 10:50:37
Link | Citer | R

Stop repeating the same irrelevant argument.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 10:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Our grandfathers were asked to go to war. You're just being asked to sit on your couch. Seriously, stop being such a baby about it.

You might be my new bestest friend.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 10:52:59
Link | Citer | R

coughing on immune compromised babies.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 10:53:56
Link | Citer | R

Why do these peoples deaths mean nothing to you!

This happened 2 year ago, where were you!?
If I was asked to do something to help these numbers go down, I would have.
By Afania 2020-03-25 10:54:14
Link | Citer | R

I hope kireek is either extreme minority or just trolling. Otherwise we have no hope to win this war.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 10:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
I hope kireek is either extreme minority or just trolling. Otherwise we have no hope to win this war.
kireek is probably that tiktok girl who licked the airplane toilet seat just for clout.
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 10:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/fauci-u-s-looking-very-closely-severe-coronavirus-symptoms-younger-n1166026

Quote:
Fauci was responding to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which, after studying more than 4,000 cases in the U.S., showed that about 40 percent of those who were hospitalized for the virus as of March 16 were ages 20 to 54. Among the most critical cases, 12 percent of intensive care admissions were among those ages 20 to 44, while 36 percent were for those 45 to 64.

So yeah ... what was it about working age people not being affected?

yeah I don't buy that at all, it's been widely reported by many different leaders that most people under 65 have few issues and even that most people who have it didn't even know they had it. Either those people were homeless and already had pneumonia or something else.

Regardless, point is the leaders of all our nations have more information and more experts to he,p them make a decision than we do from random articles with little information.

This sums up kireek. Dr. Fauci is talking about a new study from the CDC, and kireek "doesn't buy it because it doesn't fit his narrative." He is just a dumb troll.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:03:06
Link | Citer | R

It is more deadly than the flu and it is killing people at a faster rate than the flu. Numbers are pretty easy to read.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:08:00
Link | Citer | R

It is more deadly than the flu and it is killing people at a faster rate than the flu. Numbers are pretty easy to read.

It's not though, the death figures are really low on a national basis and the numbers from the flu in the winter months have been shown to be substantially higher.

Also lots of people have and have had the virus and recovered with almost no issues.

Yes it is. Your fake "data" is stupid and made up. The coronavirus is way more deadly than the seasonal flu, which has a mortality rate of 0.1%. Just the preliminary data has the coronavirus killing 3% of its victims. Again, numbers are easy to read.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 11:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Everyone attacking him isn't helping either. I can tell you, many people are very skeptical at the moment. You have the media that blows literally everything out of proportion, a president telling people it will magically disappear and don't worry hes ending it in a few weeks, then you have the media again telling people only the elderly and people with existing conditions are in danger.

Most people are more worried about the fact they are out of work and have rent due in a week and bills to pay. They just aren't posting on this forum, all of you are living in a bubble it seems and think we can hole ourselves up for another two months. It just is NOT possible, people cannot live when there are bills to be paid, we had careers and lives. If the media is telling people that only elderly and sickly people are getting the brunt of this, they won't take it as something that will impact them and they will not care as much and only see the economic side.

A lot of posters here are also caught up in the media spin, I just don't agree with most of you as it seems you're fear mongering.
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:10:52
Link | Citer | R

Way to not make any kind of point, troll.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 11:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Why do these peoples deaths mean nothing to you!

This happened 2 year ago, where were you!?

Let's try a different angle you can wrap your mental capacity around

100k deaths as you put it, 80k from the article. Under established protocols and treatment procedures we know are effective. I.E. we know how to cure/treat this disease, and we still have 80k deaths annually.

VS.

A brand new virus, with much longer infection periods, that we cannot recognize right away, that is currently swamping our hospitals, and we don't have a cure or a vaccine yet, that has caused economies to slow down, people are dying, and who knows how much longer this ***will linger if people don't start to take it seriously.

Hrm, I think global reactions alone are enough to cause concern.
No one wants to inherit the mess that this is causing, no one in political power wants this. Period. Partisan or not.

It's like you assume that those medical needs are still not needed, this compounds that problem, it is not an indicator that one virus should be overlooked just because another is more deadly (that we know of)

HIV kills people, but far less than the flu, should we just ignore that one too?

Ignoring the sickness does not make it go away. It compounds it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 11:12:22
Link | Citer | R

It's not though, the death figures are really low on a national basis and the numbers from the flu in the winter months have been shown to be substantially higher.

Also lots of people have and have had the virus and recovered with almost no issues.

Yes it is. Your fake "data" is stupid and made up. The coronavirus is way more deadly than the seasonal flu, which has a mortality rate of 0.1%. Just the preliminary data has the coronavirus killing 3% of its victims. Again, numbers are easy to read.

Incorrect. There is plenty of data about deaths from flu and they are way higher than the death count from this.

Yeah, if you look at the scoreboard and see the seasonal flu results are final, and the coronavirus is still in the first quarter. Stop lying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 11:19:19
Link | Citer | R

or how about this. Let's compare test results to test results if you continually insist on using the line Trump used only 3 days ago comparing COVID-19 to the flu (went back- 5 of your posts cite exact things that ONLY he has said- no doctors, not the WHO, not the CDC).

<8000 confirmed deaths in 2018 from the flu. By confirmed I'm instead using the same standard you are using for COVID-19. A death that results from a patient with a positive test. The 80k number you post, is the combined data for all deaths from positive flu test patients, pneumonia patients, and death certificate data that cites anything flu-related. This is standard operating procedure by the CDC, and is unique to how they handle flu deaths vs any other disease they track. 12 months.

737 confirmed deaths as of this morning according to the CDC. This only dates back to January 21, 2020. 2 months. And again, this virus is currently in its exponential growth period- you can't do 3rd grade math and say "well that only means 370 deaths per month, still less!". Its not staying at this level. We're seeing that DAILY.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 129 130 131