Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 129 130 131
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 08:10:34
Link | Citer | R

@kireek I sincerely hope in reality you are sitting at home, in quarantine, sipping your coffee at your kitchen table watching lovely children do their homeschool projects, enjoying a good laugh being a troll on a forum because you're bored being pent up.

If that is not the case, please, for the sake of those around you, just look up HOW different diseases spread. All of your arguments are essentially based on one belief- that all diseases spread, grow, and attack the body in same way and timeframe. This is your fallacy, and why any comparison between ANY two diseases is limited at best and foolish at worst. You don't even have to listen to us trying to compress that information into one location for you to read if you don't believe us.

Your comparisons of "body count"- something you seem morbidly obsessed with- are all flawed.

At first you compare deaths caused by accidents with COVID-19 death rate (umbrella accidents if I recall)- why would you compare any accident to a disease except to try and sew the seeds of mockery?

Then you compare deaths caused by choices to that of a disease (sugar use, smoking are the two I remember offhand). While of course concerning that we do such things to ourselves, you do not compare the dangers of a choice with that of disease. If Jimmy next door lives a healthy lifestyle and I live off of 200 ounces of soda a day, he's not at any worse risk for diabetes, etc than if I didn't do such things or live there.

Then you finally at least compare disease to disease, but don't see the variances in dormancy stage, contagion rate, and many other factors that are WAY beyond me and others that affect your precious "body count". You don't factor in the critical point brought up on this page regarding the stressors placed on the healthcare system that affects treatment for other conditions. You just look at how many have died over the same months.

You don't look at the differences in percentages of patients tested for flu vs covid-19, your favorite comparison. Test more, get more positive results. You don't look at the growth of covid-19 regarding it's emergence date in various countries, just calendar day vs calendar day. That's like comparing how many shitty diapers two babies make that were born 6 months apart, and saying the younger baby must be constipated. And you don't look at what DOCTORS AND SCIENTISTS, NOT POLITICIANS OR US ON FORUMS are saying about the dormancy phase and contagion rates and why this is so different.

Stop fighting, get off any site that ends in .com for medical information, and just read. No one needs to win this argument, its just a lot of people trying to help you appreciate the differences here and be more educated, not call you a complete dumbass. But damn, man, you're not making that easy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-25 08:10:51
Link | Citer | R

Odinz said: »
Prince Charles has it now by the way.
:O
By Draylo 2020-03-25 08:12:15
Link | Citer | R

I just saw that today, how does he get tests with mild symptoms but nobody else is allowed :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 08:18:08
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
4 more weeks like this is a long time already, if it goes past that I can't see how we will recover from it.

Gonna don the tinfoil hat for a moment, 'cause its fun:

Governments already print money not worth anything anyways, what's to stop 'em from just printin a bunch more money not worth anything? COVID-19 is a designer disease created by the Freemasons as punishment for going off the gold standard. By the time it peaks in the United States next year, it will be the 50th anniversary of our removal of the gold standard to back our currency. Governments will be so drained of tax revenue they will be forced to print even more money, thus crashing the value of their currencies and all world markets which are built on debt.

Feel better?
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:18:58
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
I just saw that today, how does he get tests with mild symptoms but nobody else is allowed :/

The rich can afford stuff.

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:24:52
Link | Citer | R

4 more weeks like this is a long time already, if it goes past that I can't see how we will recover from it.
I'm going to try and be polite following some of the other posters spirit.

Please, seriously now, what do you think the world looks for the next 3-6 months?

Here is where we are today, 1 month after most of the west started taking this seriously:

Olympics postponed
All sporting seasons cancelled
Hotels shut down
All air carriers going bankrupt
Banks not giving out cash
Cruise industry completely halted
Late night talk shows are now vlogs from their homes
Streets are being emptied
Retail outlets and malls shut down
Cinemas shut down

We are at the start of this. Not the middle.
We don't want the end to come soon because that means HUGE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DEATH.
We need the end to be much much further in the future "flattening the curve"
So that we can spread out the amount of people who get infected across a greater timeline.

More severe measures will come into place.

Those that though China was draconian for wielding shut some houses, are going to hear of that happening in the UK, US.

Not germany, northern europe or Scandinavia though. we're too reasonable as people and we will just buckle down and have lots and lots of booz until this is all over.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 08:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Printing more money and giving it out will cause massive inflation, many of us have quite a lot of savings so that means it's all going to lose quite a lot of value over this.
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
thus crashing the value of their currencies and all world markets which are built on debt.

now I have epilepsy, and sometimes have had the habit of posting in topics a day or two after a seizure and writing some dumb *** (just ask Baniak or Thorny who both have called me out on some pretty seriously silly ***)- but damn man....c'mon!
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Printing more money and giving it out will cause massive inflation, many of us have quite a lot of savings so that means it's all going to lose quite a lot of value over this.

Are you getting lockdown text messages from the government in the USA? Boris is sending us messages to not leave the house, went out right after.
Yes. Exactly. Just because it's bitter doesn't mean its not going to potentially happen.

My brother is pilot. He's jobless now. stuck at home. with 2 kids to raise, who haven't been to school in 3 weeks, with his wife breaking down.

It isn't a pretty exit.

in simple words:
This is going to be one of the most extreme cases in all of history. This is a civilization wide event.
It could easily overshadow WWI and WWII as well as the spanish Flu.

Biblical proportions is not an overstatement.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Just listen to the lyrics of this song and let them sink in.
Human civilization will have to change rapidly as a result of covid-19.
Just as there was life before the internet that generation whiney can't imagine, generation millennial and their successors will be talking about how crazy life was pre-covid 19.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Draylo 2020-03-25 08:34:39
Link | Citer | R

The doctor they consulted for Contagion is now confirmed with the virus.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 08:36:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to try and be polite following some of the other posters spirit.

Please, seriously now, what do you think the world looks for the next 3-6 months?

Here is where we are today, 1 month after most of the west started taking this seriously:

Olympics postponed
All sporting seasons cancelled
Hotels shut down
All air carriers going bankrupt
Banks not giving out cash
Cruise industry completely halted
Late night talk shows are now vlogs from their homes
Streets are being emptied
Retail outlets and malls shut down
Cinemas shut down

We are at the start of this. Not the middle.
We don't want the end to come soon because that means HUGE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DEATH.
We need the end to be much much further in the future "flattening the curve"
So that we can spread out the amount of people who get infected across a greater timeline.

More severe measures will come into place.

Those that though China was draconian for wielding shut some houses, are going to hear of that happening in the UK, US.

Not germany, northern europe or Scandinavia though. we're too reasonable as people and we will just buckle down and have lots and lots of booz until this is all over.

Trump says it will disappear like a miracle, your fear mongering isn't gonna work.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone become more spiritual since this all started?

I can't help but feel, notice, observe, that this feels like a warning or punishment for our decadence and disproportionate distribution of wealth.
By Odinz 2020-03-25 08:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Nah.
Then the next virus will wipe us out.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 08:41:01
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
Damn, this dude is not funny on his best day. But without an audience laughing on cue, it just becomes painful to watch.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 08:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone become more spiritual since this all started?

I can't help but feel, notice, observe, that this feels like a warning or punishment for our decadence and disproportionate distribution of wealth.

To attribute such horror with punishment or warning won't create the types of changes in people that are needed to reduce the chances of this type of thing happening again.

Place the blame where it belongs once all this passes and full investigation is done. Based on data that is available now, let's keep the focus on poor health and food safety standards in parts of the world that at one time were isolated habits, but now have global reach.

Blame our foolishness and a sense of invincibility, sure, but when we start thinking this has its cause in the supernatural, in a way we actually let ourselves off the hook and do nothing about the real causes...and we learn nothing and do nothing to prevent it from happening again.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-03-25 08:49:15
Link | Citer | R

People that do things like this, are the reason:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcNYSuyWml5qsefgF1st7Dg/videos

Check some of those vids.. disgusting
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-03-25 08:55:13
Link | Citer | R

I 100% guarantee you that Trump will restart the economy at Easter, like it or not it will happen and once he does it most western nations will quickly follow suite.

The press will complain at him? they complain about him 24/7 now anyway.

Every week that passes more people will agree with it too.

I'm sorry but the economy crashing and us all going into a major recession is not acceptable.

Ok, new tactic. let's have a conversation instead of us all just posting what we're seeing as "truth". Because clearly we're in that post-truth society we were told to fear.

1. I'd wager most can agree that the decisions between shutdown/quarantine and going about daily business boils down to literally placing a dollar value on a human life. So, at what point does the body count reach a point when restarting natural daily life become no longer cost beneficial?

2. Do you agree that the body WILL rise daily for the foreseeable future because we have not reached the peak? We may disagree on what the "worst case scenario" is for that peak, but I would assume that its a pretty accepted fact that COVID-19 is still spreading, not slowing down.

3. Is it a bigger hit to fully shut down the economy for 6 months or go through periodic shutdown cycles for the next 18? Another major concern economically is to have to live with a long-term reality of a crippled society vs can we survive a fully shut down one for a shorter period of time.

It no longer seems to me that you simply disagree on the differences between this disease and others we have seen in the past 100 years. I now am starting to think that you actually deny the information that the medical community is telling us. I beg you to remember that its that medical community that is at the absolute highest risk every moment of their day, and their children are, their spouses are, their parents are. Their patients for other concerns are at a higher risk than you and me. Wouldn't it then make sense that out of any person you know, its the medical profession that wants this shut down fastest?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-25 08:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I 100% guarantee you that Trump will restart the economy at Easter, like it or not it will happen and once he does it most western nations will quickly follow suite.

The press will complain at him? they complain about him 24/7 now anyway.

Every week that passes more people will agree with it too.

I'm sorry but the economy crashing and us all going into a major recession is not acceptable.

Ok, new tactic. let's have a conversation instead of us all just posting what we're seeing as "truth". Because clearly we're in that post-truth society we were told to fear.

Well, seems like it didn't take you guys long to figure out kireek.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 09:37:55
Link | Citer | R

You are basically saying it will get far worse than the flu with no real evidence it's going to get worse than the flu did last year.

Like you are using 3 weeks worth of confirmed deaths, from a brand new virus that we do not have any data one way or the other, to claim that is comparable to an entire year's worth of flu data, data that we know is concrete, we know the tests work, and we know right away how to diagnose and treat.

Seriously stop talking out of your ***, you are not a medical expert, you are no privy to all of the data, and as many people have already stated in this thread, its not the disease, it's the much longer length of time that you can be infected and communicable, vs the relatively short time for flu.

Stop talking, the other deaths you want to compare, smoking, sugar, cars, are all non infectious and personal choices.

Stop talking out of your ***. Want to complain about partisanship, you cant shut the *** up long enough to read what other's are writing and repeating your same unfounded, and not fully thought through at all nonsense.

edit: BTW that "80,000 last year" number you keep touting is from 2018, so, get your facts straight, how many deaths from the flu in 2019? Doesnt matter. It's not the same, wikipedia and mebMD does not make you a doctor.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Serveur: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-03-25 09:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Are you getting lockdown text messages from the government in the USA? Boris is sending us messages to not leave the house, went out right after.

Ok, so you're worried about your money. I get it. But then just stay home. The quicker everyone starts staying home and not spreading the virus, the quicker we all get to go back to work.

If you keep going out every time you are told to stay home, just to prove a point, it will make the quarantine last longer.

Italy had 26 people dying per hour. And they have one of the best medical systems on the planet. There's your body count, this is serious.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-25 10:16:31
Link | Citer | R

yawn... Crisis over everyone Kireek has decreed that China is corona free. Let's all get out there and start wheezing all over everyone. Nothing to see here, go back to your selfish movie going and cheeze burgerz.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 129 130 131