Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 129 130 131
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 16:35:34
Link | Citer | R

No
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-17 21:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Sock account doing the sock accounts are cool thing again? Must be the Tau Neutrinos interfering with our reality again.

FYI: they’ve finally detected Tau Neutrinos in the wild.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 22:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Oh is that you Directx, Quizzy

I'm not sure who DirectX is, but I was named Quizno before I quit for many years. Renamed Quizzy when I came back.

I was one of the original members of Excellence with Stan, and Scragg was in the LS as well.

Do tell me about DirectX though, I'm curious.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 22:12:06
Link | Citer | R

No one cares.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 22:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
No one cares.

Clearly Draylo cares... he asked.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 22:45:54
Link | Citer | R

I know who it is, why does everyone keep changing their name and deleting their accounts!?
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 22:50:22
Link | Citer | R

I know who it is, why does everyone keep changing their name and deleting their accounts!?

I lost my account info... am I missing something?
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 02:32:42
Link | Citer | R

They found a cure, it's called the red pill.

Went to the supermarket today, older cashier lost her latex gloves and was serving people as normal. She was all like "I better get some more before the manager sees" instead of "I need my gloves or ill die!"

The only people still scared by this nonsense are the people who never left the house.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 02:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Because they cant even take responsibility for what they say.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 06:44:36
Link | Citer | R

So, yesterday i read a blog biased against quarentine.

During the text, they pulled an info without giving source. Do you know if this number Was made up or someone actually researched this. The number said that 66% of people that contracted covid In US were suspected to contract it while at home.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 07:01:18
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
They found a cure, it's called the red pill.

Went to the supermarket today, older cashier lost her latex gloves and was serving people as normal. She was all like "I better get some more before the manager sees" instead of "I need my gloves or ill die!"

The only people still scared by this nonsense are the people who never left the house.

When the media spins Elon in a bad light, always remind them they are being biased against a woke African American brother.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-18 09:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Quizzy said: »
Do tell me about DirectX though, I'm curious.
We had a bit of a British invasion. A pair of brits, both way too involved in American politics, one lefty, one righty. Both canceled eventually.

DirectX was half of it.

For details you could try backreading, but I think when they deleted their accounts all their posts poofed as well.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-18 09:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

During the text, they pulled an info without giving source. Do you know if this number Was made up or someone actually researched this. The number said that 66% of people that contracted covid In US were suspected to contract it while at home.
Sounds like one of those I pulled that stat out of my *** statistics. I have no actual counter stats though.
By Draylo 2020-05-18 09:26:04
Link | Citer | R

Isn't that like a British thing where you can demand by law that your accounts are deleted off some sites?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-18 09:27:31
Link | Citer | R

There is a delete your account function here Draylo.
By clearlyamule 2020-05-18 11:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Sounds like one of those I pulled that stat out of my *** statistics. I have no actual counter stats though.
It's somewhat made up but based on real data. Given the specific number it's most likely referring to the survey that I believe was just for NYC area about how 66% of the people who were hospitalized (not infected) were people minding shelter in place orders.

So not exactly what was said but similar... it's also just another point of data in that direction. Like China posted data from all the outbreaks they could track starting a few weeks before they locked down and iirc it was something like 70-80% were in home and none were outdoors. Japan released something similar... with also science behind why. Mostly was touching surfaces seems to be much more likely cause of transmission than breathing aerosols so indoors in general are about 20 times more likely. Pretty sure Harvard has similar findings. Haven't really seen anything to support closing nature

But really it can mostly come down to if you are stuck in your home all day for 2 months and anyone is infected obviously yall getting it. And people still going to stores and such to pick it up
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 11:08:15
Link | Citer | R

It probably came from that informal question and answer poll that NYC did for 3 days where hospitals asked patients where they think they caught it. It was hardly scientific, and in no way represents the entire country. But bloggers don't care about that stuff.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 12:01:19
Link | Citer | R

The biggest news today was some progress toward vaccine by Moderna company. The quick reading i did was that creating vaccines involves 4 steps and this one seems like sucessful in the first one, with 8 people showing resistance against covid.

As much as i hope we can get a solution, im not holding my breath on this one. A very quick research about Moderna wasnt promising with 10 years activity and not a single product released.

Either way, it doesnt seems like the final vaccine will come before 2021
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 12:18:06
Link | Citer | R

There may never be one and nobody should assume so.

This is like saying you'll take a shower when you win the lottery.
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 12:23:55
Link | Citer | R

I mean, its more like saying you'll take a shower when you win the lottery.

AND, you have thousands of people actively working to find a way to fix the lottery in your favor.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 12:45:33
Link | Citer | R

I believe it will.

Too much cash tossed on it (just in moderna, its was like half billion. And there are others company researching too).

Plus, there are more Interests in a vaccine Than just the solution ro pandemic.
 Asura.Biglovin
Serveur: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-05-18 12:52:58
Link | Citer | R

I believe it will.

Too much cash tossed on it (just in moderna, its was like half billion. And there are others company researching too).

Plus, there are more Interests in a vaccine Than just the solution ro pandemic.

Over half a trillion was spent on HIV/AIDS research as well for a cure. You immune to that yet? Or not enough cash tossed at it yet?

By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 13:13:24
Link | Citer | R

They improved the remedies though, last i saw you can basically live a normal live by using it.

Obviously there.is a conflict of interest there. They earn too much on coquetel to find a cure or vaccine and give up that much cash.

Hard to tell, too much onterests behind it, and many of them are just obscure one.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 13:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Cure was found already
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 13:16:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Cure was found already

I hear it works on trolls too =)
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 13:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Cure was found already

You take your meds yet?
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 13:17:19
Link | Citer | R

Cure was found already

You take your meds yet?

I'll take the cure if you do first!
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 13:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Cure was found already

You take your meds yet?

Least you admitted you're a disease lol
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 13:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Cure was found already

You take your meds yet?

Least you admitted you're a disease lol

Is that what happened?
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-18 13:40:13
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

It's somewhat made up but based on real data. Given the specific number it's most likely referring to the survey that I believe was just for NYC area about how 66% of the people who were hospitalized (not infected) were people minding shelter in place orders.

So not exactly what was said but similar... it's also just another point of data in that direction. Like China posted data from all the outbreaks they could track starting a few weeks before they locked down and iirc it was something like 70-80% were in home and none were outdoors. Japan released something similar... with also science behind why. Mostly was touching surfaces seems to be much more likely cause of transmission than breathing aerosols so indoors in general are about 20 times more likely. Pretty sure Harvard has similar findings. Haven't really seen anything to support closing nature

But really it can mostly come down to if you are stuck in your home all day for 2 months and anyone is infected obviously yall getting it. And people still going to stores and such to pick it up

Its more likely the cause is the people being hospitalized are more likely to be at risk patients, who are more likely to shelter in place, but that doesnt help if you come in contact with someone who doesnt follow the same procedures or take the same care. You can have 30 people in an old folks home, but just takes one visitor to get them all deathly ill.

All it points to is that precautions are useless if we have some selfish people not following best practices.
First Page 2 3 ... 126 127 128 ... 129 130 131