Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 129 130 131
 Valefor.Commodus
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 05:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Quizzy said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
This source does not list any revenue data of any kind for any hospital or aggregate of hospitals. State what "200 billion" measures and provide a source for where you got it. Downgrading your assumed reading comprehension level even further.

Costs... not revenue...

I'm sorry this is too much for you, maybe you should be questioning your own comprehension at this point.

You're trying to compare $22 billion in covid revenue being given to a selection of 395 hospitals, to $200 billion in expense paid by 6,146 hospitals? Do you see what you did wrong?

Also you didn't read the report correctly. It's $1,010,271,112,000 for all community hospitals, which is a subset of all hospitals. All hospitals combined have a reported $1,112,207,387,000 in expense. You don't add the two numbers together. One is a portion of the other. Do you see what you did wrong?

This is what happens when you don't finish high school.

You didn't actually read the HHS article did you...

I'm going to break this down for you:

$22B paid to the hospital becomes the money they have to handle their costs.

I'll let you sift through the HHS article since that was your brainchild, but you missed some pretty important numbers.

This is compared to approximately two months of a $1.1T typical cost. You want to call that $180B, be my guest.

This is just a break even... that DOES NOT even cover the typical revenue which would include a profit.

You're comparing a portion of revenue for 395 hospitals to total expenses for over 6,000 hospitals. This is not a valid comparison for multiple reasons. It doesn't work that way.

Billy's dad gives him $5 for lunch one day. Billy's entire graduating class spends $100,000 on lunch annually. Do you understand what you're even trying to get at?
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 05:26:06
Link | Citer | R

You're comparing a portion of revenue for 395 hospitals to total expenses for over 6,000 hospitals. This is not a valid comparison for multiple reasons. It doesn't work that way.

Billy's dad gives him $5 for lunch one day. Billy's entire graduating class spends $100,000 on lunch annually. Do you understand what you're even trying to get at?

You still didn't read your own reference.

I can't spoon feed this to you. It is plainly obvious you haven't read through the data... if you had you would have stumbled upon a much better argument.

I can't play both sides of this. You have to make yourself a worthy opponent.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 05:31:42
Link | Citer | R

I can't spoon feed this to you. It is plainly obvious you haven't read through the data... if you had you would have stumbled upon a much better argument.

You didn't post anything relevant, you posted 2018 data that you yourself didn't even read nor understand hence why he dismantled your silly argument. You want him to respond back to what exactly? You doubling down on nothing at all lol
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 05:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

You didn't post anything relevant, you posted 2018 data that you yourself didn't even read nor understand hence why he dismantled your silly argument. You want him to respond back to what exactly? You doubling down on nothing at all lol

We both know better than that... your ***is so weak...
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 05:38:58
Link | Citer | R

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/cares-act-provider-relief-fund/index.html

https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals

Going to leave this for you guys to digest. I'll be back tomorrow, hope you have something good.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 05:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Going to leave this for you guys to digest. I'll be back tomorrow, hope you have something good.

Coming back tomorrow to see you still didn't make a point or post a source for your crazy numbers earlier, you posted links that go against what you said lol
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 05:59:54
Link | Citer | R

The left: "I can't believe we spent 2 TRILLION dollars on the war in Iraq"

Also the left: "lets spend 3 trillion more dollars to extend the lockdown another month.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-17 06:01:57
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 06:10:22
Link | Citer | R

“There’s a really important hidden statistic that’s the key to my cryptic claim, but I’m not gonna tell you what it is tee hee!”

Great way to make a reasonable argument.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 07:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
We are underway of shitty leaders killing their constituents and throwing the economy into a full shock.
So... Which is it? Do you want the cake? Or do you want to eat it, make up your mind.
By Voren 2020-05-17 08:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
We are underway of shitty leaders killing their constituents and throwing the economy into a full shock.
So... Which is it? Do you want the cake? Or do you want to eat it, make up your mind.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 08:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Just block them. They dont deserve a seat at the table of discussion.
I guess the pigs are just more equal, amirite? FYI, that's a fascist statement.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-05-17 09:00:25
Link | Citer | R

I was hoping my showing up would convince people to calm the hell down in here, but since that didn't work, let's go the direct approach.

Stay on topic: how has this impacted you/your life. Stop trying to turn this into P+R II: Electric Boogaloo. We already have a section for that ***, so go there.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-17 09:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Sorry Rooks, didn't intend this thread to turn into a ***show. But, you kinda have to consider, the ways in which this is affecting people legit, has become the issues people are talking about here.

This can't go on indefinitely, not even another month with out it affecting people even more. So I guess that is where these discussions are relevant still.

Obviously trolls are trolling also.

Small businesses will not fold by reopening, they will fold if all their employees find other jobs that are allowed to operate while other businesses are forced to stay closed.

Stimulus is not the answer, you're literally going to have to pay for it one way or the other.

Also, the US economy is not entirely shut down right now, I have been allowed to come to work this entire time.

Social distancing is not being adhered to, and probably never will be enough to make a difference.

Eventually we are going to have to risk it otherwise you will see people literally going insane from cabin fever.

BTW domestic abuse has increased since lockdown ....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-17 10:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Abortion clinics should be essential services. Stop the outbreak of children named Ko'rona and Covidian in the south.
By Quizzy 2020-05-17 10:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Sorry
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-17 12:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Edit; Didnt see reds post, so will edit this to be a blank statement.
By Viciouss 2020-05-17 12:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Its getting worse here in Texas, since the governor opened way too early 10 or so days ago, we have added over 1k cases per day, with yesterday being the highest yet at 1800 new cases. Thats especially notable because it was Saturday, and numbers are always lower on the weekend. Deaths are also on the rise, we set highs on Thursday and Friday with 56 and 58.

There is a new hotspot emerging in Amarillo, 700 new cases yesterday. Testing remains terrible here, only 670k tests have been conducted out of 30m Texans. Despite those bleak numbers, the governor is going to open up more businesses tomorrow. He will find a way to spin the numbers to justify it.
[+]
By volkom 2020-05-17 12:40:29
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Its getting worse here in Texas, since the governor opened way too early 10 or so days ago, we have added over 1k cases per day, with yesterday being the highest yet at 1800 new cases. Thats especially notable because it was Saturday, and numbers are always lower on the weekend. Deaths are also on the rise, we set highs on Thursday and Friday with 56 and 58.

There is a new hotspot emerging in Amarillo, 700 new cases yesterday. Testing remains terrible here, only 670k tests have been conducted out of 30m Texans. Despite those bleak numbers, the governor is going to open up more businesses tomorrow. He will find a way to spin the numbers to justify it.

shouldn't we be counting new cases/deaths 14 days after the opening of the state and not before cuz the virus has a long incubation period?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-17 12:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Just because it can take 14 days to start showing symptoms, you can still test positive before that time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-17 13:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps, but how many people are getting tested prior to showing any symptoms?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-17 13:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Well, in other states, high risk areas are being tested regularly. Here in Texas, the governor has only prioritized meat plants, prisons, and uh..one there area that I can't think of. Other than that, due to the shortage, most regular workers aren't being tested at all.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-05-17 14:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Testing is a pointless scam for simple-minded people to latch onto, for the testing industry to make money from, and for political pawns to point fingers about. Unless the entire workforce is tested every morning before leaving their homes, testing serves no purpose.

You tested negative this morning and go to work, the grocery, the post office. You now have to be tested the following morning to make sure you didn't pick it up the day prior. This is not going to happen.

Treatment doesn't change based on test results. If you get covid, you stay home and treat it like the flu unless you have serious respiratory issues, in which case you would go to the hospital no matter what caused the respiratory issues.

Everyone in the world is going to be exposed to covid, if they haven't already been. The "increase in cases" that you're freaking out about is actually an increase in suspected, reported cases due to expanded testing and is intentionally inflated for financial purposes. More fear mongering.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-17 14:47:17
Link | Citer | R

That didn't take long did it?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-17 14:55:42
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

We need more social distancing between posts, at least 6 inches between all posts must be added. All avatars need masks and you must all wash your hands before typing on the keyboards.

Save lives.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-17 14:59:38
Link | Citer | R

I saw a picture yesterday of people social distancing queuing to get on a train, then all squeezing together on it. Glorious.
By Draylo 2020-05-17 15:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Oh is that you Directx, Quizzy
By sockaccount 2020-05-17 16:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Are sock accounts cool again?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 129 130 131