Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-18 13:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Pantafernando said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Either way, it doesnt seems like the final vaccine will come before 2021

There may never be one and nobody should assume so.

This is like saying you'll take a shower when you win the lottery.

I believe it will.

Too much cash tossed on it (just in moderna, its was like half billion. And there are others company researching too).

Plus, there are more Interests in a vaccine Than just the solution ro pandemic.

Over half a trillion was spent on HIV/AIDS research as well for a cure. You immune to that yet? Or not enough cash tossed at it yet?

Aids is something entirely different. Given it physically targets your immune system, its not as simple as getting your immune system to respond to it.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 14:50:50
Link | Citer | R

Bill gates will make so much money out of this, if anything the lefty activists should be demanding that the companies make no profits form this vaccine if one is made.

They will be far less likely to try push placebo vaccines then.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-18 14:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Lol... Bill Gates
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-18 15:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Asura.Biglovin said: »
Over half a trillion was spent on HIV/AIDS research as well for a cure. You immune to that yet? Or not enough cash tossed at it yet?
Aids is something entirely different. Given it physically targets your immune system, its not as simple as getting your immune system to respond to it.
It has to do with speed of mutation.

There is a new flu vaccine every year because new strains (plural) of flu arise every year. But the mutation rate is slow enough, and mutations patterns predictable enough, to let scientists make a best guess vaccine in advance. Or several. Sometimes they get it right and that year's flu vaccine is over 70% effective. Sometimes they don't and the vaccine isn't even 40% effective. Why not 100% and 0%? Remember that (plural) above?

AIDs mutates FAST. A person who has it, and hasn't taken antivirals, might have literally hundreds of HIV strains active in his body.

Chicken pox is slow to mutate. The chicken pox vaccine has been the same for decades.

Covid-19 mutates slower than the flu but no where as slow as chicken pox. If we do get a vaccine it should work for quite some time.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 15:07:05
Link | Citer | R

I like when bill gates got hit in the face with a cream pie.

Also some company stated they made some minor breakthrough with the vaccine yesterday and their stock price went up 17% overnight. If that doesn't annoy you, it should.
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 15:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Bill gates will make so much money out of this, if anything the lefty activists should be demanding that the companies make no profits form this vaccine if one is made.

Ever the dumbass.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 15:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Ever the dumbass.

The communist capitalist short circuits, defend those billionaires!
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 15:42:19
Link | Citer | R

I think Zero pretty much took care of that, pretty easily.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 15:44:53
Link | Citer | R

So what do you crazy democrats think about these mega pharma companies and bill (one of the richest men on the planet) gates making mass profits off this tho? Pretty good or nah?
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 15:51:54
Link | Citer | R

I think it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, and it's also something you know nothing about.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 15:52:38
Link | Citer | R

I dont care about their profit. But i do care they tossing their agenda in the people around the world.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 15:55:38
Link | Citer | R

I think it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, and it's also something you know nothing about.

You're ashamed, it's ok. We know if you didn't have double standards you would have none at all.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 16:01:59
Link | Citer | R

I dont care about their profit. But i do care they tossing their agenda in the people around the world.

I do, because you know it's going to be enforced to take it for a lot of people worldwide.
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 16:05:42
Link | Citer | R

You're ashamed, it's ok. We know if you didn't have double standards you would have none at all.

Not ashamed at all lol, funny accusation tho. Like I said, you don't know anything.

I do, because you know it's going to be enforced to take it for a lot of people worldwide.

Exhibit T.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-18 16:14:22
Link | Citer | R

... In lighter news.

These always please. Karma infections.

Quote:
Florida man who worked as a rideshare driver and refused to wear a mask out of skepticism of the coronavirus pandemic has been hospitalized, along with his wife, who is now facing a serious threat from the disease.
Quote:
“I’d get up in the morning and pray and trust in God for his protection, and I’d just leave it at that. There were all these masks and gloves. I thought it looks like a hysteria”
Quote:
On Facebook, Hitchens said he believed the pandemic was “blown out of proportion” and said he was putting his faith in God.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-18 16:24:38
Link | Citer | R

“Karma infections”? Many of us non-sociopaths don’t delight in the suffering of others even when they make really stupid decisions. Considering that a huge chunk of all healthcare-related costs are related to poor decisions that humans make on a daily basis, it’s pretty disgusting to go around smiling when people get hurt because you think they deserve it.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 16:27:44
Link | Citer | R

You can blame the karma infections movement entirely on Rudy Gobert. I mean, he didn't choose to be in the poster, he chose to be the poster.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2020-05-18 16:30:34
Link | Citer | R

So is it better to quarantine the healthy or is it better to quarantine the sick? I need to know asap, i take care of old sick people
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 16:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Eiryl, isnt because you see daily hundreds of your mules being bombed in front of you that will be normal seeing normal people being bombed.

Also, by this logic, supose he had nothing, that would mean youre wrong?

ALl you did was terribly nitpick a story that fit your theory or whatever.

I have dozens of people I know that just go out with minimal care and so far, even my country being the second highest death/day, they are fine.

I do believe its wrong living without recognizing the risk and taking proper measures. But they are living proof that the relationship between safety measure and contractng the disease isnt proportional.

Its all about probability actually.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-05-18 16:56:11
Link | Citer | R

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/18/858335915/despite-fdas-caution-trump-says-he-is-taking-hydroxychloroquine-preventatively?

*facepalm*

Something something taking medicine like this is dangerous, when there isn’t a need. Or admitting to taking it implies a positive test result....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-05-18 16:59:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
“Karma infections”? Many of us non-sociopaths don’t delight in the suffering of others even when they make really stupid decisions. Considering that a huge chunk of all healthcare-related costs are related to poor decisions that humans make on a daily basis, it’s pretty disgusting to go around smiling when people get hurt because you think they deserve it.

Zero sympathies for the *** with the "It can't happen to me" mindset.
Not wishing death on anyone, but if people go around not doing their best to mitigate the spread of disease, or just outright throwing caution to the wind because of archaic beliefs or touting conspiracy ***, then *** those people, they've dug their own grave at that point.
It shouldn't take someone close to you or yourself to get infected or pass away from it to change your perception.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-18 16:59:28
Link | Citer | R

It's one thing to have no choice. It's another to purposely choose to act recklessly because you're dumb.

I don't relish the fact that a moron might die because of his ego or ignorance.... Just one less problem.

If you're on Facebook talking about hoaxes... well... You asked for it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-05-18 17:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »

Not wishing death on anyone, but if people go around not doing their best to mitigate the spread of disease, or just outright throwing caution to the wind because of archaic beliefs or touting conspiracy ***, then *** those people, they've dug their own grave at that point.
It shouldn't take someone close to you or yourself to get infected or pass away from it to change your perception.

There’s a big difference between having a lack of sympathy and experiencing satisfaction when you hear of people getting sick. The former is understandable, the latter makes you a scumbag. I agree that we should all exercise caution, though.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 17:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/18/858335915/despite-fdas-caution-trump-says-he-is-taking-hydroxychloroquine-preventatively?

*facepalm*

Something something taking medicine like this is dangerous, when there isn’t a need. Or admitting to taking it implies a positive test result....

I've always wondered if Trump actually tested positive, would they even tell us? They lie about something everyday, so it's not beyond them to hide a positive test.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-18 17:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Under no circumstances would they admit infection of potus or vp etc.

Maybe if he died. Maybe.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-18 17:20:18
Link | Citer | R

There was this questioning about if our president got covid.

Idiot supreme judge just stomped on basic citizen right and forced him to publish his results.

He showed 3 negative results. Despite being with people who were tested positive.

But really, who gives a ***? I mean, supose that he contracted covid, he have been daily working. That would just enforce his theory that covid is just a type of flu.

Too much noise over nothing.
By Viciouss 2020-05-18 17:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Recovering from covid-19 in no way lends credence to the conspiracy theory that "it's just the flu."
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-05-18 17:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's one thing to have no choice. It's another to purposely choose to act recklessly because you're dumb.

I don't relish the fact that a moron might die because of his ego or ignorance.... Just one less problem.

If you're on Facebook talking about hoaxes... well... You asked for it.

I can sympathize with the feelings here. You see this stuff and it just makes you wanna rip out your hair. How can people delude themselves about [x y z fact].

People are still able to promote bleach solutions and its just appalling. Turpentine solutions to cure your cancer. etc.

But I also think if you're going to feel this way you should separate out the people who have been taken in by woo science vs the con artists if you can. The deluded and the desperate versus the actually sinister *** who profit willfully. These things require more context than just "they believe it therefore they deserve it." People are convinced of *** every day. Smart and dumb.

Education and patience is key right? Someday you might get duped by something too, and when you snap back from it you'll say "why did everyone stand around and just let me hang myself with my own rope?".

Then again this is just me trying to be more positive about something I KNOW makes me wanna take peoples heads and just.. smush them. (I'm making a concerted effort to push my hands together right now just trust me) I don't naturally have the patience I'm talking about here, it's something to work on. ;)
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-18 17:41:51
Link | Citer | R

I disagree. For instance... if Soraishin got infected and died.

That would be pretty fantastic.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-18 17:49:47
Link | Citer | R

Unless Sora is 80 I think there isn't much chance of that, so it's k,
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 130 131