That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 4 ... 60 61 62
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-11-27 16:33:17
Link | Citer | R

It's all a waste. I don't care what party you support everyone knows this is going nowhere so why even waste the time and money when there are other more important things.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 16:35:14
Link | Citer | R

I mean yeah, there is an absolute zero percent chance for any actual resolution (against the president, other people are ***)

But it does shine a light on just how stupid our system is. MAYBE they'll change it/fix it some day.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-27 21:19:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
It's all a waste. I don't care what party you support everyone knows this is going nowhere so why even waste the time and money when there are other more important things.
It has gone quite a few somewheres and will hit a few more before its done.

The mainstream dems, and a whole lot of the not currently serving GOP, are appalled by Trump's grinding the constitution into the dirt.

This has has become about protecting the republic against a would be autocrat.

How many times has Trump "joked" about not leaving office in 2020?

The house will impeach. I hope they will force testimony from Bolton before they do.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-27 21:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

The mainstream dems, and a whole lot of the not currently serving GOP, are appalled by Trump's grinding the constitution into the dirt.

The house will impeach. I hope they will force testimony from Bolton before they do.

I think at the very least it will go down in the history books as the ones wanting to uphold the constitution are fighting the good fight. That we didn't stand idly by and allow Trump's behavior to go unchecked. I feel I'm a realist and will the House vote to impeach? Yes. Will the senate convict? No. Will Trump be re-elected in 2020? No. He's done more harm to the US than any other president.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-27 21:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

I think at the very least it will go down in the history books as the ones wanting to uphold the constitution are fighting the good fight. That we didn't stand idly by and allow Trump's behavior to go unchecked. I feel I'm a realist and will the House vote to impeach? Yes. Will the senate convict? No. Will Trump be re-elected in 2020? No. He's done more harm to the US than any other president./quote]
I would say person.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-27 23:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Yes. So much harm.

*Looks at economy, unemployment rate, tax rate, etc.*

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 01:24:23
Link | Citer | R

... Wow ... I mean I'm hoping this is just satire but considering the symptoms of TDS, I'm not so sure.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 01:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yes. So much harm.

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.

I mean they can hate him for this manor of speech or policy positions, but listening it's like they think he's Palpating or Voldemort or something. That much unreasonable hate, for someone who's merely moonlighting as the PoTUS.

To Rooks,

This is why we can't really have a constructive conversation, or even a mutual decision to agree to disagree. When one side has that much raw hate, the only outcome is violence of some sort.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-11-28 07:35:47
Link | Citer | R

You cannot be serious right now. Like, do you actually believe the stuff you are saying? I try to keep an open mind about everything but this is going absolutely no where no matter how much the left wishes it would. Come on Chanti I expect that from others but not you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-28 08:43:46
Link | Citer | R

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.

Asura.Saevel said: »
.. Wow ... I mean I'm hoping this is just satire but considering the symptoms of TDS, I'm not so sure.

Asura.Saevel said: »
This is why we can't really have a constructive conversation, or even a mutual decision to agree to disagree. When one side has that much raw hate, the only outcome is violence of some sort.

You cannot be serious right now. Like, do you actually believe the stuff you are saying? I try to keep an open mind about everything but this is going absolutely no where no matter how much the left wishes it would. Come on Chanti I expect that from others but not you.

This. This is the moment in a thread when things go bad. Chanti and I were both discussing the subject, Trump, Impeachment, his administration. It in no way referenced another poster here. Can you 3 say the same with your comments above? Can we not keep the discussion about the actual topic and refrain from making it about other people posting?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-28 09:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Read it again Slore.

I am trying to explain the viewpoint of those who are not knee jerk Trump defenders.

It will get out of the house, but without a smoking gun and a still warm body there will be no conviction in the senate.

It is my personal belief that Bolton, single handedly, can make or break the whole impeachment thing.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-28 09:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Rudy Giuliani tried to score big bucks in Ukraine as scandal unfolded

New reports reveal that Giuliani sought payments of hundreds of thousands of dollars from Ukrainian sources.

Vox

Rudy...
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-28 10:05:31
Link | Citer | R

This doesn't surprise me at all. Rudy has always come off to me as a slimeball attorney. I think he's a lot deeper in this Ukraine thing than we know.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 10:07:34
Link | Citer | R

I am trying to explain the viewpoint of those who are not knee jerk Trump defenders.

I really hope you don't believe that.... it's what caused the left to lose to a Reality TV host with bad hair.

What you explained is the viewpoint of a radical leftist afflicted with TDS who will believe anything their told to justify the tragedy they think happened in 2016.

Moderates just look at the whole circus and laugh, the same way they did back when the Republicans made the mistake of trying to impeach Clinton. The absolute best the Democrats have so far is people saying they can read Trumps mind.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-28 10:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
This doesn't surprise me at all. Rudy has always come off to me as a slimeball attorney. I think he's a lot deeper in this Ukraine thing than we know.
I have said before...

We wouldn't be here [impeachment] without Rudy.

No one is deeper in this than Rudy, not even Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-28 12:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yes. So much harm.

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.

This is an argument I don't understand, these things are unrelated to the issues pointed here.

Chanti and Oz were talking about how much "harm" the President has done to the US, above and beyond every other President and person. That's a stupidly broad claim to make. The US is composed of over 300 million people. How many of those people are feeling great "harm" due to the President's actions? Half of the people actually paying attention are upset because they were told to get upset, but who, by and large, is actually experiencing trauma in their day-to-day lives due to Orange Man's presidency aside from having their feels hurt?

Presidents and persons have screwed over US citizens in ages past in ways that have caused legitimate physical suffering, starvation, war, and death. And you want me to believe that Trump is the worst person ever? Screw that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-28 14:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Here here. We can talk about how bad and out of touch the rhetoric of full maga lovers are but lets not pretend TDS isn't the same but opposite. Take a step back and really think about these things beyond just the person/side you are on/against
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-28 17:48:23
Link | Citer | R

By every metric the exact opposite is happening, people are better off financially now then they were in 2015. Household income, employment, quality of life, even things like black entrepreneurship and minority income is up dramatically.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-28 19:14:32
Link | Citer | R

The Dems are not going to wrap this thing up by the end of the year.

D.C. Circuit sets back-to-back impeachment-linked cases for Jan. 3
MSN

His legal strategy seems to be working.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-28 23:04:08
Link | Citer | R

This is actually quite informative, if you have the time to waste watching it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-11-29 11:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yes. So much harm.

*Puts on blindfold*

So much harm.

This is an argument I don't understand, these things are unrelated to the issues pointed here.

Instead of understanding the economy. I'll just blame Trump.
By fonewear 2019-11-29 11:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

38 minute video I gave up after 30 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-29 12:07:53
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

38 minute video I gave up after 30 seconds.

Ahh he linked Legal Eagle, who's a pretty good lawyer but also a hard core California Democrat. For example, Legal Eagle was positive Trump would go to jail during the Mueller Report. What is funny was that he would do a non-biased legal analysis on some bit of non-Trump related news or even movie scene, but then on a different video about a Trump related bit of leaked news he would contradict himself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-29 13:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Which is sad, because I get a kick out of his non-political stuff. Then again, his tagline is "Think like a lawyer." What does a lawyer do? Pick one side of the argument and make your case for it. The bias is built-in. I just wish he would admit it instead of pretending that he's an objective observer.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-29 13:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Which is sad, because I get a kick out of his non-political stuff. Then again, his tagline is "Think like a lawyer." What does a lawyer do? Pick one side of the argument and make your case for it. The bias is built-in. I just wish he would admit it instead of pretending that he's an objective observer.

I'm still trying to understand what this internet thing is:

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 60 61 62