That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-27 09:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
TL:DR: Bloomberg is only in it to use unlimited funds to slam Trump, there is no way in hell he could win.

Nobody expected Trump to win the elections and here we are.

I expected him to win after seeing the first Republican primary debate.

At the time I was living in South Korea but had just attended a conference in Colorado and was spending a few weeks at my parents home before heading back. On TV was the first primary and all the circus that entailed. The moderator asked the candidates to "make a pledge not to run as a third party if they lost the candidacy", they all did ~except~ Trump. Then through out the whole thing the other candidates took swipes at Trump and he bulldozed right through them. Then one of them made the fatal mistake of accusing Trump of not being a Republican because he contributed to and supported the Clinton's.

What followed was one of the best election moves ever made. The dude admitted on national TV that he bought influence with the Clinton's. He then used that admission as a segue into talking about politicians are corrupt and that they shouldn't be. It flabbergasted the person making the allegation and stunned the moderator and every other candidate. See up until then everyone was playing this game of make-believe where they pretend nobody on their team is corrupt and that they are above such base human things. Candidate Trump blew that wide open by openly admitting he had bought politicians in the past, on both sides and instantly gained a load of credibility and respectability among middle-class america. I looked over and told my parents "He's going to be the next President".

The liberal elites snearing at Trump for being relateable is what lost them the election btw.

Figuring out how things are going to play is isn't that difficult, it just requires we put aside our own innate bias and tendency to seek self confirmation.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-27 09:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Slore, I think Bloomberg is in it to win it. Personally I hope he bombs but that's another thread.

He could stay outside the fray and just run anti Trump adds after all.

His strategy is to ignore the first 4 states while carpet bombing the super Tuesday 15 with adds.
By fonewear 2019-11-27 09:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't this nonsense be over before Christmas.

The four people paying attention to this ***. Probably should seek professional help.

Hold on a minute before we start Thanksgiving. I got to take a poll who here at the take thinks Trump is finished.

We need to discuss this before we eat.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-27 09:30:02
Link | Citer | R

table*

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-11-27 10:28:04
Link | Citer | R

Not going to doubt you about supporting Trump after the very first debate, but genuinely curious about these.

Quote:
What followed was one of the best election moves ever made. The dude admitted on national TV that he bought influence with the Clinton's.

Why is being openly corrupt a good thing?

Asura.Saevel said: »
The liberal elites snearing at Trump for being relateable is what lost them the election btw.

What's relatable about Trump for the average American?

Well he isn't a traditional politician. For once he does exactly what he says he will do.

He talks like an average American. Doesn't sugar coat things. Speaks his mind. Should I go on ?

He's the dad you wish you had !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-27 10:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Obama on the other hand was a pussy. He blamed America. Apologized for things he shouldn't have. And approached leadership in a touchy feely manner. That made people wonder if he had balls.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-27 10:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Not going to doubt you about supporting Trump after the very first debate, but genuinely curious about these.

Quote:
What followed was one of the best election moves ever made. The dude admitted on national TV that he bought influence with the Clinton's.

Why is being openly corrupt a good thing?

What's relatable about Trump for the average American?

One, Trump bought influence from the Clintons as a regular citizen. That's not Trump being corrupt, that's the Clintons being corrupt.

Two, Trump wasn't completely relatable on the surface at first, though him saying what was on his mind certainly helped. I've always said that he Democrats' worst move (and one that they continue to make) was in turning a household-name billionaire into an underdog. The dude is the freaking president now and they're still treating him like the underdog.

According to polling, Americans in general don't trust the media and they don't trust the government, so what happens when you see people you don't trust relentlessly attacking someone else? They're turning Donald freaking Trump into a victim. What a horrible play. They would have done far more damage by just ignoring him.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-27 10:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Let's be honest here, Trump lies more than any other politician.
He's fact-checked more than any other politician, which is the only reason you think that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-27 11:04:03
Link | Citer | R

I agree with you except for one thing. The media wouldn't ignore Trump because they are in for the money, it certainly would be the most damaging thing to Trump to be ignored, but it wouldn't get them clicks.

If we're going to go with your interpretation, then that still leaves the Democrat politicians and "deep state" leakers as the idiots for contributing to the backfire and giving Trump free press.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-27 11:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
He's fact-checked more than any other politician, which is the only reason you think that.

Not really, he's fact checked just as much as any politician is more accurate. Only difference is Trump doesn't know how to lie properly and he constantly gets caught.

When is Mexico sending us a check for that wall?
By fonewear 2019-11-27 11:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
He talks like an average American. Doesn't sugar coat things. Speaks his mind. Should I go on ?

Ok, I can somehow understand why some people would like that.

fonewear said: »
Well he isn't a traditional politician. For once he does exactly what he says he will do.

Who cares if politicians lie really ?

I mean if all politicians lie which I believe they do. What is your point ?
[+]
By fonewear 2019-11-27 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Facts are meaningless. If everyone agrees that Trump is bad. That would make a "fact"

All a fact means is people agree with it.
By fonewear 2019-11-27 11:12:41
Link | Citer | R

A fact does not make something "true".

Or have anything to do with the truth.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-27 11:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
One, Trump bought influence from the Clintons as a regular citizen. That's not Trump being corrupt, that's the Clintons being corrupt.

That is all the difference right there.

Candidate Trump openly confirmed what *every* American already knew. All Politicians talk about "fighting corruption" while really just saying "all politicians I don't like are corrupt".

What's really telling is how Shiroi assumed I "supported" Trump because I could tell he would win from the very start.

TDS in a nutshell

Quote:
All those not with me are against me!
Democrats Good
Republicans Bad
Orange Man VERY VERY BAD!

As for being an underdog, Trumps been an underdog from the very beginning as the entire Media Industrial Complex went against him. During his candidacy Fox News was very anti-Trump, they did everything they could to default and failed doing so.

Here is Trumps line "ordinary Americans, you people, I'm with you. *** those guys in the Media and Washington".

Ben Shapiro said it best, if you say something nice about Trump then he says something nice about you, if you say something bad about Trump then he says something bad about you. All Trumps twitter and media statements can be distilled down into those lines, which ordinary Americans understand and prefer over the Politically Correct hell the left currently push's.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-27 11:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Who cares if politicians lie really ?

I mean if all politicians lie which I believe they do. What is your point ?

It means he's exactly like any other politician, except for his mannerism.

It's as if I said Beto is like no other politician because he flails his arm around like a madman while lying.

Trump isn't a politician.

He's a billionaire businessman who played at being a reality TV host and is now moonlighting as the President of the United States.

Calling Donald Trump a politician is about as accurate as calling Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert a politician.

YouTube Video Placeholder

How sad is it when the amateur ends up doing better for the nation then the past several professions?
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-27 12:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Just vote already so we can move on the next outrage.

Donald Blumpf does not have cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving.

By God you gotta impeach him again !
But cranberry is terrible. Make Thanksgiving great again
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-27 12:20:00
Link | Citer | R

He may not be a career politician, but right now, he's clearly a politician, he's the POTUS ...

Agreed...he's in office and is most definitely a politician. A failure at it, but still a politician. The only difference between him and a career politician is a career politician knows how to cover up their misdeeds and crimes...Trump hasn't mastered this aspect of his position.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-27 12:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Shouldn't this nonsense be over before Christmas.

It probably wont be. Assume the house actually finalizes a vote it needs to go to trial which is gunna be awhile upside half the Democrat candidates will be stuck in that instead of campaigning. Pushing gaff machine to the front
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-27 12:30:55
Link | Citer | R

He may not be a career politician, but right now, he's clearly a politician, he's the POTUS ...

That's like me calling myself a baseball player if I occasionally play baseball with some friends on a weekend. Or a chef if I occasionally cook dinner at home.

"Politician" is a profession like fire fighter, police officer, baseball player, doctor and so forth. The only difference is that instead of a hiring authority sifting through resumes, we instead have a vote where the states decide who gets hired. We've gotten so used to programmed rubber stamped "professional politicians" that we've forgotten it's not a requirement.

Trump is a billionare businessmen who is currently moonlighting as the President of the United States. He held no political office before this, and will not hold any office after this, it's a one time gig with the option for an extension. Lots of things make sense when we remember that Trump doesn't need a bazillion dollar book deal approved and supported by a political organization to be financially successful after his current gig is up.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2019-11-27 12:52:20
Link | Citer | R

That's like me calling myself a baseball player if I occasionally play baseball with some friends on a weekend. Or a chef if I occasionally cook dinner at home.

In those cases you are correct, you would neither be a baseball player or a chef; however, if you get drafted to a pro team or hired in the kitchen of a restaurant then you would indeed be a baseball player or chef. Trump was elected into the highest political office, thus making him a politician.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-11-27 16:14:47
Link | Citer | R

Topic is impeachment.

While Trump is certainly part of the impeachment thing, this is NOT an all Trump topic.

Make an all trump topic if you like.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62