That Impeachment Thing....

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » That impeachment thing....
That impeachment thing....
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 60 61 62
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-15 11:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
kireek said: »
Impeachment is meaningless, Democrats control the house and so since they will vote yes on any impeachment no matter what it's about it's a pure partisan impeachment..

If it is so meaningless, why is the Right all up in arms and foaming at the mouth over it? It's a stain on a president's reputation that will never go away. Trump has joined the ranks of Jackson, Intern Clinton, and *almost* Watergate Nixon.
Do you mean Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton?

Not sure who Andrew Johnson is...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-15 11:23:41
Link | Citer | R

kireek said: »
Impeachment is meaningless, Democrats control the house and so since they will vote yes on any impeachment no matter what it's about it's a pure partisan impeachment..

If it is so meaningless, why is the Right all up in arms and foaming at the mouth over it? It's a stain on a president's reputation that will never go away. Trump has joined the ranks of Jackson, Intern Clinton, and *almost* Watergate Nixon.
Do you mean Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton?

Not sure who Andrew Johnson is...

Oh wait lol..YES! Johnson...and Bill Clinton. Need more coffee this morning :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-15 11:41:00
Link | Citer | R

=) Ditto, moar Coffeeeeee!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-01-15 18:54:34
Link | Citer | R

to go to the mtg prerelease tournament tomorrow or not...
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-15 20:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Endoq said: »
I'm interested but M:TG has nothing to do with impeachment.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2020-01-16 07:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Did you get the mod spot yet chanti? I know you're the right party for it and you been trying real hard. Not doggin you just wondering.

back on topic: How is anyone to believe this farce when Nancy gets decorative pens with her name on it to hand out... Like seriously? A ceramony to sign impeachment papers when a single law has not been broken?

My hope is that they do call witnesses and that keep sanders, warren and the other one stuck in DC for all the primaries. They would have to pay a fortune to to fly back and forth everyday. I wonder if this is the plan by either party?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I'm interested but M:TG has nothing to do with impeachment.

Obviously a fake card but hey I found a relevant tangent! LOL.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-16 08:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Column: Republican senators must acquit Trump in impeachment trial before any more truth leaks out
Chicago Tribune
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
Did you get the mod spot yet chanti? I know you're the right party for it and you been trying real hard. Not doggin you just wondering.
There a spot open? As OP I like her trying to keep us on topic when someone just tries to derail to get us moar banned.

I do miss the old big long threads but they did't do much for discussion, mostly ***post, and it was not fairly kept in check. I know I know, everyone didn't want mods in there....yadda yadda. But still, order and civility would have been nice, and we didn't have it, and I won't say I was innocent in the ***posting there too. It would be nice to evenly have people punished. Is baiting people for 100s of posts punishable?

back on topic: How is anyone to believe this farce when Nancy gets decorative pens with her name on it to hand out... Like seriously? A ceramony to sign impeachment papers when a single law has not been broken?
Oooooh maybe they will be collectors items! Highly coveted pieces, liek the furniture in the house of the dude that Robert E Lee surrendered at???

My hope is that they do call witnesses and that keep sanders, warren and the other one stuck in DC for all the primaries. They would have to pay a fortune to to fly back and forth everyday. I wonder if this is the plan by either party?
Good point. Could they call a Impeachment Manager to testify?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-16 08:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Did you get the mod spot yet chanti? I know you're the right party for it and you been trying real hard. Not doggin you just wondering....
I don't want to be a mod, its more fun being a scold.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Did you get the mod spot yet chanti? I know you're the right party for it and you been trying real hard. Not doggin you just wondering....
I don't want to be a mod, its more fun being a scold.
Well you are better at being a Scold than Warren. :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 08:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Is baiting people for 100s of posts punishable?

Only if their Conservative as evidenced by who gets topic banned and who doesn't.

This is going to be a huge problem for Peloski, Schiff was involved in the writing of the "complaint" submitted by Eric Camellia along with coaching him through the process. She won't be able to shield him from the Republicans in the Senate who want nothing more then to have him provide recorded sworn testimony along with Joe and Hunter Biden.

Warren will be forced to either attend all this during a campaign season and thus waste time / energy, or ignore it entirely and appear to be uncaring. Biden will similarly be called to testify and you can bet the Republicans are going to make him provide sworn testimony that will be used by President Trump against him. Of course Joe Biden could assert his rights under the 5th Amendment, and again this is will be used against him in the court of public opinion. Then his son Hunter Biden, will similarly be put on the stand and be faced with either hurting his fathers election or committing perjury. Adam Schiff would have the most damage done to him, he's involved and thus the Senate has grounds to question him about his involvement with Eric and how all this crap started. He would either tell the truth and make all the Democrat candidates look worse then they already do, he would commit perjury and be on the hook for it.

There is no way for the Democrats to come out of this looking good, and during an election year is the worst possible time. I'm pretty sure Peloski knows this and explained it to AoC, who promptly ignored her and pressed forward with SJW wokness.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 08:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Only if their Conservative as evidenced by who gets topic banned and who doesn't.
Seems quote clear. Sometimes I miss CJ....I know....I know... He was atleast entertaining in his foamy frothy TDS....and I guess made me take pity on him. >_<

Adam Schiff would have the most damage done to him, he's involved and thus the Senate has grounds to question him about his involvement with Eric and how all this crap started. He would either tell the truth and make all the Democrat candidates look worse then they already do, he would commit perjury and be on the hook for it.
That's what I am thinking. Tho is it still Perjury if done in the Senate and not a Court?

There is no way for the Democrats to come out of this looking good, and during an election year is the worst possible time. I'm pretty sure Peloski knows this and explained it to AoC, who promptly ignored her and pressed forward with SJW wokness.
Ohhh, what she up to now? XD

Also looks like Trump will deliver a State of the Union address, while impeached. SHOULD BE FUN!
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-01-16 09:50:35
Link | Citer | R

They would need 51 votes, so probably not.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 09:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Tho is it still Perjury if done in the Senate and not a Court?

It's still sworn testimony and treated the same. Hell anything you say to a government official is technically sword testimony, it's why it's illegal for you to lie to a police office but not illegal for them to lie to you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-16 10:02:58
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

If the RINOs break ranks to allow witness testimony and that whole can of worms is opened, then you’d better believe the Republicans are going after Schiff. 51 votes wouldn’t be that hard to get at that point.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 10:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Well maybe they will. We don't know that for certain unless that is something explicitly already said. I heard they don't have voted to just dismiss. That I would agree with you. Why not vote to find out how this all started with anyways?

Tho is it still Perjury if done in the Senate and not a Court?

It's still sworn testimony and treated the same. Hell anything you say to a government official is technically sword testimony, it's why it's illegal for you to lie to a police office but not illegal for them to lie to you.
Hmmm.... seeing how things are going in my VA hood... I don't have my guns anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 10:09:34
Link | Citer | R

They don't need 51 votes to call someone to testify, just a single vote, the Senate Majority Leader. Just like Schiff only needed his own vote to call witnesses during the House portion.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-01-16 10:13:29
Link | Citer | R

They don't need 51 votes to call someone to testify, just a single vote, the Senate Majority Leader. Just like Schiff only needed his own vote to call witnesses during the House portion.

Yeah, this isn't true at all. The Majority Leader is not presiding over the trial, he doesn't have sole power to call witnesses. No idea where Saevel got this, but then again, he has been consistently wrong about how the trial works.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-01-16 10:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

If the RINOs break ranks to allow witness testimony and that whole can of worms is opened, then you’d better believe the Republicans are going after Schiff. 51 votes wouldn’t be that hard to get at that point.

I'm sure they would try, but yes, 51 votes would still be hard to get. Besides, nobody is afraid of Schiff testifying, he has nothing to contribute.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-16 10:18:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure they would try, but yes, 51 votes would still be hard to get. Besides, nobody is afraid of Schiff testifying, he has nothing to contribute.

Why would it be hard?

And you’re right about a couple things there. Nobody is afraid of Schiff, and he often has nothing to contribute.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-01-16 10:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Because every witness is going to have to be relevant to the case, and this GOP fantasy list of people that don't work for the Trump admin aren't relevant at all. And the likes of Romney, Collins and Murkowski, just to name 3, aren't going to vote to call them.
By Viciouss 2020-01-16 10:31:14
Link | Citer | R

On top of that, Lindsey Graham was being pressured to call Schiff to testify, and he flat out said no, we are not doing that, full stop. So there is 4 no votes.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-16 10:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Adam Schiff would have the most damage done to him, he's involved and thus the Senate has grounds to question him about his involvement with Eric and how all this crap started. He would either tell the truth and make all the Democrat candidates look worse then they already do, he would commit perjury and be on the hook for it.
That's what I am thinking. Tho is it still Perjury if done in the Senate and not a Court? ...
Its only perjury if its a Democrat. Republicans are never called out for perjury no mater how much they lie.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 10:51:58
Link | Citer | R

That's what I am thinking. Tho is it still Perjury if done in the Senate and not a Court? ...
Its only perjury if its a Democrat. Republicans are never called out for perjury no mater how much they lie.
Both sides are guilty of hypocricy though. >_>

I really *** wish they weren't! I wish both sides played by the same rules.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-01-16 10:52:32
Link | Citer | R

On top of that, Lindsey Graham was being pressured to call Schiff to testify, and he flat out said no, we are not doing that, full stop. So there is 4 no votes.
Interesting. This I didn't know, nor am I really following it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-16 10:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Greetings, ambassador from Bizarro World. Tell us more about your home.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 11:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. This I didn't know, nor am I really following it.

Why is he still talking votes? There is no vote on who to call, the defense either can or can not call witness's. Prosecutors, Judges and Juries do not vote on who the Defense can call as it's witness's. Rules are set before the whole thing begins and then it's off to the races. The only real limitation is that the witness's testimony must be relevant to the matter at hand. They can't call Clinton to testify on Benghazi during an Impeachment trial for President Trump for example.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-16 11:04:14
Link | Citer | R

Greetings, ambassador from Bizarro World. Tell us more about your home.

She's the new "moderate" Democrats we keep hearing about.

Democrats: Good
Republicans: Bad
Orange Man: VERY VERY BAD
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-16 11:05:35
Link | Citer | R

Graham has flip-flopped, so don’t count on it. Here is what he said in November:

Quote:

"As a matter of oversight, I'm not going to call a House member, but if you impeach the president of the United States, I want to find out if in fact Schiff and his staff met with the whistleblower," Graham said.

"So if there's a trial in the Senate, one of the witnesses will be Adam Schiff because if he in fact did meet with the whistleblower and coach the guy up, I think that's relevant to the impeachment inquiry itself," Graham continued.

His comment about not wanting to call Schiff to testify came just a month later and was a little more ambiguous in its wording.

Also, I don’t know why you think the three RINOs wouldn’t vote for Schiff to testify. They side with the Turtle a majority of the time and it’s not like they have any love for Schiff.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 60 61 62