Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:33:04
Link | Citer | R

As DirectX said, we can't expect everyone in the LS to dedicate all their time to the one group. I said early on to our LS members that they should seek their own Dyna-D groups because I'm incapable of running at least once a week at a set time and date; and after much discussion we couldn't come to an agreement that would suit all.

Now if I was on Asura? I'd have all the clears by now without even thinking about it. There's an incredible amount of options due to the sheer numbers. More players = More groups = More chance to win content. Honestly I blame the 60 hour wait more than the server. I know so many players who reply to my /yells with "Wish I could join you, but I already entered the other day".
By Afania 2019-11-09 12:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But the pickup scene is deader than *** and the people not in that scene don't care. They can't put themselves in your position. No empathy

If I have no empathy towards these people, it's probably not because I'm not in that scene, but because I believe that they made the decision themselves.

My char wasn't borned and stucked at where I currently am. I made the decision myself and just deal with whatever negative that comes with it.

In past 10 years of ffxi I've paid my transfer fees, adjusted my schedule for statics. When my schedule absolutely won't fit because of timezone I suck it up and learn JPs so I can do endgame with JP top end groups.

I made all these decisions and sacrifices because I want a better quality of life in FFXI.

Thus when another person who just complain all day about having to pay transfer fee, have to adjust schedule for event, don't like their groups, and refuse to make any sacrifice to solve their problems, then proceed to demand a change like merge that will negatively affect others quality of life, as well as making the game less profitable (which may affect future updates)

Yup, no empathy. They are asking too much and too demanding, IMO.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 12:50:04
Link | Citer | R

No one really chose to get stuck on a dead server, no one could see the future.

And when the choice is dead server, or asura, well, that's really not a choice, they have no choice. There really could/should be something/anything in the middle.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-09 12:53:42
Link | Citer | R

I've done clears with majestic during eu time as well as ozmosis during na times. some of my ls mates also run with a jp shell that does it at like... 8am eu I think. There's a few other shells doing it too that I'm not involved with.

Ozmosis and majestic pretty much take anyone competent and willing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerb was thriving til that point in time when Delve was the only endgame content, then all the big linkshells either moved or disbanded. Jumping server is fine if you don't have friends, but what if you do? You can't expect them to make the jump with you, and then you're stuck on ya own on a new server starting from scratch.

The fact of the matter is, every server should be healthy. Why are they not? Because server transfers makes it profitable not to even things out. Let one or two servers dominate and become shops so SE can make more money. I get it from a business standpoint, but from a player's perspective, it sucks that you have to give SE money to fix a problem they forced on you with no choice in the matter. If they offered a one-time free transfer I'd seriously consider it, but only if most of my group decided to come with me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 12:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I've done clears with majestic during eu time as well as ozmosis during na times. some of my ls mates also run with a jp shell that does it at like... 8am eu I think. There's a few other shells doing it too that I'm not involved with.

Ozmosis and majestic pretty much take anyone competent and willing.

Majestic runs too early, and there's a reason why I help Ozmosis members but don't actively engage in their events.
By Afania 2019-11-09 13:09:51
Link | Citer | R

This meaningless discussion goes on and on mostly because of Kylos complaining with Asurans randomly join and taking a jab. And I doubt it's even SEs fault that he is complaining anyways.

So far all I read is that people demand SE to do something while disregarding the opinion of other small server people, and potentially make FFXI less profitable.

It's like 1000th time that Kylos complaints about his situations. Then when people suggested server transfer he refused to pay for a fee. Other Cerberus people offered solutions to getting a win he replied with a tons of "no but that doesn't work....". And he refuse to multibox to solve his problems too.

Sorry but I have to say all these issues happened because he made the choice himself and incredibly stubborn about it. Not because the game should or should not be in certain way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2019-11-09 13:16:50
Link | Citer | R

well I mean... That more of a personal choice than a problem with server mergers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Stubborn because I won't just pack up and abandon friends. I got it. Also people talk to me like I have not already considered the options out there, like I just sit around and moan for the sake of it. I made a suggestion to merge servers, it wasn't a demand or even a complaint. If I wanted to complain I'd post on the official forum; not that it would do anything and just waste time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 13:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Stubborn because I won't just pack up and abandon friends. I got it. Also people talk to me like I have not already considered the options out there, like I just sit around and moan for the sake of it.

If your friends feel the same way, make an organized effort between you guys to go to Asura together. It is $9 until the end of the month, anyone who cannot afford a one time additional $9 should not be paying a monthly fee in the first place.

If your friends don't feel the same way, it's not very fair or friendly to demand SE force it on them either, now is it? If organizing it is too much effort for you, you aren't really trying very hard. It's certainly much more work for SE to do a merge than for you to have a conversation with some folks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:25:58
Link | Citer | R

It's not just my LS to consider, it's my Dad's too. He's pretty adamant that he's not going anywhere because it's LagunaWarriors' home and he doesn't want to have to start his LS over again. It's not just my game to consider here, it's many others. You guys make it sound so very simple, like it's something we can do on a whim with very little thought or care.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 13:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Well, that's his situation. It is unfortunate but it has for sure nothing to do with SE or a need for server merges. I used to be in the same situation as him, even more so when I worked shifts, so I know how it feels to be stuck with no real solution. Either you are able to change things and make them change or... so be it, no biggy.

If SE blindly merged small servers, quite a few players would cease to play for sure and it's pretty obvious that there wouldn't be any gain, since the possibility to play with more people already exist. It seems like a loss/loss situation to me, without even taking into consideration whether or not they have valid reasons to stop playing, any reason is valid in this context.

I don't see any problem, there are solutions to every issues listed in this thread. The call for a "middle ground" is imo a waste of time as long as there is no clear explanation as to what this middle ground is. Calling for change is one thing, but you have to know exactly what it is you are asking for. Asking for the sake of asking is pointless.

I don't see any middle ground and therefore any need for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-09 13:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It's not just my LS to consider, it's my Dad's too. He's pretty adamant that he's not going anywhere because it's LagunaWarriors' home and he doesn't want to have to start his LS over again. It's not just my game to consider here, it's many others. You guys make it sound so very simple, like it's something we can do on a whim with very little thought or care.
If you just want clears, why don't you transfer just for the clears then get back? This way, your LS wouldn't be lost, neither would be the friends/other people, and you'd have gotten what you're missing.

Unless you want a long lasting solution, in which case, well, there is no solution to your problem based on what you said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Well, that's his situation. It is unfortunate but it has for sure nothing to do with SE or a need for server merges. I used to be in the same situation as him, even more so when I worked shifts, so I know how it feels to be stuck with no real solution. Either you are able to change things and make them change or... so be it, no biggy.

If SE blindly merged small servers, quite a few players would cease to play for sure and it's pretty obvious that there wouldn't be any gain, since the possibility to play with more people already exist. It seems like a loss/loss situation to me, without even taking into consideration whether or not they have valid reasons to stop playing, any reason is valid in this context.

I don't see any problem, there are solutions to every issues listed in this thread. The call for a "middle ground" is imo a waste of time as long as there is no clear explanation as to what this middle ground is. Calling for change is one thing, but you have to know exactly what it is you are asking for. Asking for the sake of asking is pointless.

I don't see any middle ground and therefore any need for it.

The middle ground is what I have been considering, but it's going to take a lot of digging. You see, the main issue for me atm is getting in or setting up decent Dyna-D events, so if I can compile a list of groups who do this regularly along with their times, perhaps there is a way my group could join another group every 2-3 weeks.

Trust me, I have not been sitting here waiting for a merge so we can do Dyna-D, I have been thinking of another way. It will require a lot of reaching out, but it's probably the only chance me and others have without jumping ship.
By Afania 2019-11-09 13:32:48
Link | Citer | R

No one really chose to get stuck on a dead server, no one could see the future.

And when the choice is dead server, or asura, well, that's really not a choice, they have no choice. There really could/should be something/anything in the middle.

Middle ground server already exist though. For example, bahamut occasionally spike over 1.3k on weekends even without campaign.

The problem is that Kylos refuse to pay a transfer fee anyways. So unless that middle ground server is cerb he would still complain.

Every suggestions made in this thread either hurts FFXI profit or goes against other will. Not even SEs fault.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:34:48
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather get clears with other Cerbians so we can all benefit without the need of jumping, just to prove it can be done. Anyone who knows me knows we don't let the lack of players stop our progress. Yes we're miles behind other servers, but at least we've got something left to strive for.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 13:36:31
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Every suggestions made in this thread either hurts FFXI profit or goes against other will. Not even SEs fault.

Profit is obviously what and why, (I already said that) but Square IS creating(more accurately, ignoring) a problem to earn money, it is their fault.

Merge wasn't a problem before, they did it even though a lot more people were against it and the population was considerably higher. But now that it's about money, it's an issue. (obviously, duh)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible for someone to PM or /tell me the event times for Majestic, Ozmosis, and any other LS on Cerberus who we know runs Dyna-D semi-regularly to weekly? Thanks.
By Afania 2019-11-09 13:48:37
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Profit is obviously what and why, (I already said that) but Square IS creating a problem to earn money, it is their fault.

Merge wasn't a problem before, they did it even though a lot more people were against it and the population was considerably higher. But now that it's about money, it's an issue. (obviously, duh)

I'd argue that back then queue and yell channel spam was less of an issue though. We didn't wait for 40 min for a BC back then nor people use yell channel to chat that frequently.

Back then every servers were clones of each other there weren't much difference between them. These days playing experience on a 2500 server is so different from a 300 to 500 people server to the point that it's only natural for people being against the change.
By Shichishito 2019-11-09 13:49:16
Link | Citer | R

keep reading sentences along the lines of "only 1 person is asking for server merges in the first place..." in attempt to downplay the arguments of the opposing camp. there clearly have been other people than kylos taking a pro server merge stance in this thread, even none asurans.

this is either a severe case of selective reading/acknowledging or a couple of folks around here are very close to finishing the "perfect" ignore list to create their own personal bubble where no one with a opposing point of view, valid or not, can ever challange theirs ever again.

both are very sketchy base lines for any type of conversation or argument.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 13:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Merges will not change any queues at all. Already covered that. and yell is just a colossal *** up that needs moderation. Absolutely. The ***that goes on in yell should absolutely not be happening. at all.

And no, CP is not an issue either.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 13:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
keep reading sentences along the lines of "only 1 person is asking for server merges in the first place..." in attempt to downplay the arguments of the opposing camp. there clearly have been other people than kylos taking a pro server merge stance in this thread, even none asurans.

this is either a severe case of selective reading/acknowledging or a couple of folks around here are very close to finishing the "perfect" ignore list to create their own personal bubble where no one with a opposing point of view, valid or not, can ever challange theirs ever again.

both are very sketchy base lines for any type of conversation or argument.

Don't worry I am aware of other players who would appreciate it as much as I do. The last time we had a merge it was kinda controversial (we could still do stuff on Hades), but this time it feels like a no-brainer if you take money out of the equation. We all know a merge isn't happening, but it doesn't stop us from expressing ourselves. It's not a crime to have an opinion, but some people try to make you feel like you stabbed their grandmother or something because they don't agree. They can be pretty insulting, although I never insulted anyone else for having an opinion.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-09 13:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Merges will not change any queues at all. Already covered that.

You can say that as many times as you want, won't make it true. There will likely be times where events don't have queues on a merged server, just as there are times where they don't have queues on the small servers now.

That does not mean they will not be effected at all, as there are already times where queues exist on even the smallest servers. Despite many people actually on these servers saying this, you insist it isn't true from your Asuran high horse.

The queues do not need to be 40 minutes deep to matter. A 10 minute queue is still the difference between completing 2-3 ambuscade runs an hour, and 4-5. It's the difference between killing Lilith E 7x in ~40min then going to get merits in ruaun or zitah with nobody else to be seen, or taking 90 minutes to get through your kills then going to a camp with other people there reducing the available mobs.

Quote:
Again, saying it is not an issue does not make it true nor does having mobs available mean you aren't slowed. Any time you're waiting for a pop, you are being directly effected in a negative manner. This is an undeniable truth, and people on these servers can testify that the camps do get full enough that happens as is. Doubling the people would absolutely make it more frequent.

Having 1/6 the active players does not mean there are 1/6 as many people at a given camp. Many asurans are either buying their JP or starting at the second rate camps because they know the camps are already full. Members of smaller servers are accustomed to having camps available, and more likely to utilize them as a result. There are currently 20 people in at least 7 groups in Dho Gates on Leviathan, and I can guarantee there is significant waiting to be had.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

You can say that as many times as you want, won't make it true. There will likely be times where events don't have queues on a merged server, just as there are times where they don't have queues on the small servers now.

That does not mean they will not be effected at all, as there are already times where queues exist on even the smallest servers. Despite many people actually on these servers saying this, you insist it isn't true from your Asuran high horse.

The queues do not need to be 40 minutes deep to matter. A 10 minute queue is still the difference between completing 2-3 ambuscade runs an hour, and 4-5. It's the difference between killing Lilith E 7x in ~40min then going to get merits in ruaun or zitah with nobody else to be seen, or taking 90 minutes to get through your kills then going to a camp with other people there reducing the available mobs.

Quote:
Again, saying it is not an issue does not make it true nor does having mobs available mean you aren't slowed. Any time you're waiting for a pop, you are being directly effected in a negative manner. This is an undeniable truth, and people on these servers can testify that the camps do get full enough that happens as is. Doubling the people would absolutely make it more frequent.

I'm going to be brutally honest here about this congestion thing. If Cerb and Levi merged tomorrow, the only time we would get anything over a 3-5 minute wait for Ambuscade would be in the first couple of days after an update. Run Ambu a week or two later, and there will be no wait times to speak of.

CPing though .. yeah, that would be tough for some. It only gets bad during a campaign, so having two servers worth of people trying to CP all at the same time in Dho Gates would quickly fill the camps. The quality of parties would be better, but you may have to consider CPing in different zones til you can get in to one of those parties. For now, I'd say Cerb is the best place to CP during a campaign because there's almost always a camp free. Outside the campaign it's super dead though.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-09 14:05:31
Link | Citer | R

from your Asuran high horse.
anyone who cannot afford a one time additional $9 should not be paying a monthly fee in the first place.
speaking of people on high horses, please continue to tell people what they can and can't afford and how they have to spend their money, i love it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-09 14:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
from your Asuran high horse.
anyone who cannot afford a one time additional $9 should not be paying a monthly fee in the first place.
speaking of people on high horses, please continue to tell people what they can and can't afford and how they have to spend their money, i love it.

The best one is when people say "just multi box already", like you have a big house and 6 computers all lined up with a station of screens ready to go... like we can all afford to buy all that stuff and pay the monthly subscriptions for six accounts. Wow.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-09 14:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Queues probably won't be meaningfully worse
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13